main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Niagara, ON !*!*!*! IMAX Information and Volunteers !*!*!*!

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Woofer, Oct 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Free Water?! :(

2. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    Mitch has found out we get in for free so he will be joining us tonight.

Friday Evening
    John (driver) - Mitch, Graeme, Nick, Andrew
    Chris(driver) ? Julie, Bayley, Kevin
    Tim(driver) - *Tim and a friend will be heading out to a halloween party after the shows

3. Jedi_Squire

Jedi_Squire Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 14, 2002
    We might be going to a party after. I am not 100% sure yet. Give me a few hours and I will know for sure.
    Are we still handing out the books to fans. Or are they all gone?

4. Yebbed-Crage

Yebbed-Crage Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2001
    No there are lots of books left and you guys will be doing the trivia stuff tonight too, since there will hopefully be more people than last night.

Someone bring a camera again, cause I won't be there tonight.

Have fun!!!! :D

5. Jedi_Squire

Jedi_Squire Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 14, 2002
    Cool, thanks.
    I will see what I can do about the camera.
    Later

6. Cow_Girl

Cow_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 15, 2001
    What time should I be ready for tonite?

And if the Camera thing is an issue, I have a digital that we can use.

7. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    We are supposed to leave here at 5 to be at the theatre for 6 (umm)

Its also snowy, so... if you can be ready earlier, it certainly won't hurt.

8. legoman

legoman Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 14, 2002
    What time will we be leaving tomorrow?

9. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    Andrew M,

John will be setting up the time schedule for tomorrow he will post it.

For everyone Friday night...

Small seating change...

John (driver) - Suzanne, Julie, Bayley, Mitch, Kevin, Graeme
    Chris (driver) ? Nick, Andrew

10. Woofer

Aug 27, 2001
    Saturday morning:

The first show is at Noon

We need to be there and dressed in costume by 11:30 at the latest I would think.

I think if we left here at 10:00 we'd get there in time. We may want to leave a bit earlier though so we have more time to get dressed.

I will check with the theatre tonight to find out when is the earliest we can arrive as well.. no point being there for 11 if we can't get in afterall.

So in summary:

Be at Nick and Graeme's for no later than 9:30. We will leave no later than 10:00, but if we are all set to go before that then we shall.

EDIT: OK, those are the times... I expect Laurie, Steph, Andrew, Andrew, Nick and Graeme for 9:30 so we can leave at 10. See you then

11. Woofer

Aug 27, 2001
    Up. See last line above.

12. Fanboy_Solo

Fanboy_Solo Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 7, 2001
    Well I'm done for the weekend :p I had just an amazing time! What a blast! I'd quickly like to thank those who made the event possible. Thank you John for driving us each day, and organizing this event so it ran as well as it did, and doing a great MC job. Thanks to Chris (and again John) for talking to the head honchos at Lucasfilm and the theaters to make sure this would be a terrific fan experience. Also for getting us those nifty free things :D and to Deb for photgraphing us and helping out on Thurs. Thanks to the theater managers for making sure we had fun :D I'd also like to thank Tragic and Tracy for having some of us over, to relieve the pains of all day costume-wearing. And last but certainly not least, unless I have forgotten someone, I want to thank all of our fellow YJN volunteers(Laurie, Andrew, Andrew, Steph, Tim, Kevin, Mitch, Suzanne, Tracy, Corey, Brian,Bayley, Jay, Crystal, Graeme) for showing up in costume and entertaining the line and sharing a really memorable fan experience!
    Oh, and thanks to George Lucas for that whole Star Wars thing.

EDIT: Here are some pictures I took on the weekend. Hope you like them!

13. Yebbed-Crage

Yebbed-Crage Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2001
    Awesome pictures Nick!!!!! :)

14. Java_Jedi

Java_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Great shots... Looks like you guys had a blast.

15. Jedi_Padawan_Padme

Jedi_Padawan_Padme Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 20, 2001
    I feel bad for Brian. He's only in 2 pictures, and the one where you actually name everyone, you don't even have his name on there. Yes, I realize that he isn't on the boards, and that you don't really know him, but you should still put his name down. I think he deserves at least that for being there on Thursday. (sorry for my little rant, it's just he's a friend, and I just think it's mean).

16. Jedi_Smallman

Jedi_Smallman Jedi Youngling star 3

May 9, 2002
    "yes eat all of our shirts" ?[face_plain]

17. Fanboy_Solo

Fanboy_Solo Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 7, 2001
    Uhh, he is named on the page.

18. Woofer

Aug 27, 2001
    First off I want to give a huge thank you to everyone who participated this weekend. Without your help, our presence would have been greatly diminished.

Chris and I are going to draw up a letter for Lucasfilm, basically detailing what went right with the IMAX event, what could have been better, and what went terribly wrong.

I want to encourage everyone to send a PM to either of us with your opinions.

Nick, those pictures are great, I'm sure you don't mind if we send off a few to George and Company for use in our report!

19. Woofer

Aug 27, 2001
    A peek inside my e-mail inbox:

From the desk of Steve Sansweet...

Dear Fellow Fans--
    We just wanted to say an extra big THANK YOU, as befits the extra-big screen extravaganzas that you put on at dozens of IMAX theaters across the U.S. and Canada this weekend. As you know, this is the first time we've called upon members of the 501st Legion, various FanForce groups and other independent Star Wars fan clubs to join together on such a massive scale. The results were incredible!

Based on reports back from you, theater owners, and the public--as well as the hundreds of photos you have sent to date--it is clear that fans and the public in general had a wonderful time both seeing Attack of the Clones on the IMAX screen and seeing all of you show your enthusiasm for Star Wars in so many different ways.

In case you haven't heard, this weekend was one of the biggest openings ever for an exclusive IMAX release. That's even more amazing since Attack of the Clones was initially released just a few months ago, and the DVD comes out Nov. 12. But now you know that The IMAX Experience is a totally different way of, well, experiencing a Star Wars movie.

We know that many of your groups have planned other IMAX activities, since the movie will be at most theaters through Dec. 24 (some a shorter time, some longer).

In addition to that, we'd like to suggest that if you enjoyed the movie on the IMAX screen you encourage every member of your group to send an email with their reactions to 10 or 20 of their friends, sharing with them the fun that they had seeing the movie. And we need to remind people that Attack of the Clones: The IMAX Experience will only be on the BIG screen until Christmas Eve in most theaters, so time is of the essence. By doing that we can make sure that there is a good-sized fan contingent at most of the screenings through the holiday season, thus making everyone's enjoyment level higher.

As before, if you have any questions please feel free to ask us.

Best regards,
    Steve and Paul

20. Wolf

Wolf Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    Great Pics Nick. thanks for posting them.

Matt

21. Jedi_Padawan_Padme

Jedi_Padawan_Padme Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 20, 2001
    ok, I don't know if it's just me, but I didn't see his name when I looked at the pictures yesterday. But if you just added it after seeing my post, to make me look stupid, I will be very upset..... :(
    however, if it was there the whole time, I'm sorry (but there is no way for me to find out if it was or not).

22. legoman

legoman Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 14, 2002
    I'll back nick up. his name was always there.

23. BobaFett_YJN

BobaFett_YJN Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2001
    Well, heres an update to a very old thread:

The 501st Canadian Division website has added their report for the IMAX event. They also featured a few of our photos.

24. Mert_Skywalker

Mert_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    I think it's bigger news that the 501st finally updated their site.

25. BobaFett_YJN

BobaFett_YJN Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2001
    Yes Mitch...speaking of which...
    What about ours?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.