main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC IMDb for Hollywood/Celebrity/Famous sexual predators

Discussion in 'Community' started by vin, Oct 30, 2017.

1. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

I buy it. As I said it absolutely wouldn't surprise me...

PS - it's Fred Armisen, for those that didn't know (or in case I'm thinking of the wrong Handmaid's Tale ex-husband!)...

2. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    A story from the bartender at the Keswick Tavern:

"Comedian" Ron White, married at the time, was performing at the Keswick Theatre, in Glenside, PA a few years ago. He came into the bar, the Keswick Tavern, which is across the street from the venue, smoking a cigar. The bartender asked him to smoke outside. He said to the bartender, "**** you, I'm famous."

Later that evening he took two girls from the bar back to his trailer.

3. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    What I'm curious about is if the Scientologists-- namely Travolta and Danny Masterson-- will be thrust into the spotlight or if the "church" will be able to protect them.

4. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
  5. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    That's an interesting story to report, and I wonder why it's being reported. Obviously it's rare that there will ever be any direct proof of sexual harassment, but at least in the other stories we're talking about a pattern of behavior, corroborated by more than one person. With Weinstein and Fox News you're talking about a well documented corporate conspiracy to help cover someone's (or more than one person's) behavior, - Lois C.K., multiple corroborating accounts. Roy Moore, multiple corroborated incidents. But the Matthew Weiner story: a single alleged incident involving only an inappropriate comment and an employee let go for unknown reasons.

The list of celebrity repeat offenders alone is probably several years worth of journalism.

6. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012

If they can somehow resurrect / retcon his Star Trek character's death and make half those performances as Chang, I would be so very happy

Juliet316 likes this.
  7. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Darth Guy Trevoltings accusers shut up as quickly as they surfaced, I think because of money more than Scientology. This new host of accusations seems a different beast because it started with Weinstein getting accused by known people, less likely to take the hush money because they're already doing well. so it was much more difficult to put the genie back in the lamp. The lesson - if you're going to use your status to sexual harass people, stick to the unknown, working-class type.

8. Nanaki

Nanaki Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 5, 2016
  9. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    Jack Off Jill is a splendid band name.

Nanaki likes this.
  10. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    Is this the weirdest one yet?
    Alison (Smallville) Mack "second in command of sex cult under investigation for extorting, beating and branding its members"
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...allville-actress-second-command-sex-cult.html

It is the Daily Mail reporting it, though, so I'll be taking it with more than a pinch of salt.

---​
    @jp-30 sorry, did not see your Pepe Le Pew pages ago. Very sloppy on my part.​

jp-30 likes this.
  11. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
  12. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Same with Tambor, but I'm more inclined to believe than not these days...

Rylo Ken likes this.
  13. Rylo Ken

Dec 19, 2015
    The claim against Jeffrey Tambor is broader though if not any better substantiated: "he had repeatedly propositioned her, made lewd comments, groped her and threatened to sue her if she spoke up.”

Here the accusation includes multiple incidents of harassment and physical contact.

14. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Hey, you sound just like people on the site! :p

https://jezebel.com/on-rumors-1820301960

15. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I'm just curious how awards season is going to go along with how awkward it's going to be at the Globes and Oscars.

16. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    Juliet316 likes this.
  17. CuppaJoe

CuppaJoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 24, 2002
    WHOA. Seriously? If you read my double post you’ll see that I said I read the wrong article. I NEVER said it was ok. Wow.

18. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
  19. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    The thing with the Enquirer is they lost a lawsuit some time ago 90s/early 00s). Since then, when they print something about big names (like Edwards) they make sure they have the facts right. The stuff they print may be utterly tasteless, but usually true.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  20. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  21. Rylo Ken

Dec 19, 2015
    That guy is a monster.

heels1785 and Juliet316 like this.
  22. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    I was surprised he hadn't popped up here earlier.

23. Rylo Ken

Dec 19, 2015
    Pedophilia and a medical professional volunteering to insinuate himself into a sport where young girls suffer a lot of injuries and medical problems, and then abusing patients in a treatment setting. These things are an order of magnitude worse than workplace sexual harassment.

24. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    Yeah, never could have guessed this guy would turn out to be a child molester.

25. Rylo Ken

Dec 19, 2015