main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC IMDb for Hollywood/Celebrity/Famous sexual predators

Discussion in 'Community' started by vin, Oct 30, 2017.

1. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
  2. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I want to know whose movies I should never watch again. That's why it concerns me. I don't want to give my money to abusive people who haven't done any time for it or taken responsibility.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2020
  3. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    Okay, that makes sense.

4. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    I get all that but the civil judgement against Depp doesn't mean that he's guilty of those crimes. As you probably know, the standard of proof that must be met in a civil trial in the UK is stated as "the balance of probabilities". Meaning that if a jury is 51% confident in one side, they must rule in their favor. All this trial has said is that in their opinion, Depp is "more likely than unlikely" to have assaulted his ex. Which isn't nothing, & copping some repercussions in fair enough IMO. Really he's been fired from his role in HP bcs of the optics that the result of this trial has created. Nevertheless, this result is miles short of establishing beyond reasonable doubt that he did it - which would be needed for a criminal conviction (a standard usually equated as 98-99% certain).

As for the case, I'm not a Depp fan & I'm not defending him, but IMO this is a farcical result in terms of a newspaper defaming an individual. The principle of innocent until proven guilty is supposed to be paramount. The media shouldn't be able to publicly assert that someone, as a matter of fact has committed a major crime unless they've been convicted of it. It's why the word "alleged" is placed before any such label. Yet The Sun blatantly calls someone a wife beater, he sues them for libel, & in the civil trial they look at the "likelihood" of the person having committed the criminal offence. Where the evidence is tested in a far less formal & rigorous way than a criminal case. They then decide that he "probably" did it based on the flimsy standard of proof required, & The Sun is off the hook. Ridiculous.

PCCViking and nilzo antonio like this.
  5. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Actually stars do not undergo oxidaton reactions as you are imagining. Stars are nuclear fusion, which is a chemical process with very different characteristics.

6. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    I wonder if that's the first real funny sarcastic Wocky post in the history

jp-30 likes this.
  7. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    TMZ reporting that Harvey Weinstein has a fever of 101F and has been placed in isolation while doctors wait for the result of a Covid test.

8. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
  9. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    I hope he lives. He still has more time to serve and more crimes to be found guilty of.

10. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    How long will it take until he sexually harasses the virus?

11. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Add Shia LaBeouf to the list:

https://ew.com/celebrity/fka-twigs-sues-shia-labeouf-alleges-relentless-abuse/

Last edited: Dec 12, 2020
  12. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
  13. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Ugh, I was actually enjoying his comeback... less so now...

solojones likes this.
  14. Arwen Sith

Arwen Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2005
    Ugh, I always thought he was overrated as an actor, and frankly I enjoy Crystal Skull in spite of him, not because. Still, I'm glad these things come out.

Count Yubnub likes this.
  15. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Good now I don't have to watch those last like 7 Shia movies that came out the last 2 years.

16. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Thank god someone had to suffer!

17. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    My thoughts and prayers are with the virus.

18. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
  19. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    She must be a Russian bot. We need Ender_and_Bean's analysis.

20. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I’m checking her Twitter for a history of vague tweets right now.

21. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    This isn't a surprise what with Cuomo's whole Trump-like hypermasculine persona. It's going to be fun to see Democrats defend another one of their favorite right-wing corporate stooges.

Rew, MrZAP, Rogue1-and-a-half and 2 others like this.
  22. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    They're already doing that. My favorite thing is how they're using chud rape-apologia talking points to do it.

23. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Look guys, I don’t want to support sexual harassment either, but we have to defeat COVID.

24. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
  25. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Someone find out if her dad wrote a book with sex in it.

CT-867-5309 likes this.