main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC IMDb for Hollywood/Celebrity/Famous sexual predators

Discussion in 'Community' started by vin, Oct 30, 2017.

1. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000

Obviously we need more info, but Majors still has a court date on this in May.

2. The Jedi in the Pumas

The Jedi in the Pumas Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2018
    Yea assuming the charges aren’t dropped. If the attorney statement is legit and they really do have the victim recanting and video evidence that they believe prove he’s innocent, I can’t see a DA moving forward.

3. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    We need Kang the Counsellor

Juliet316 and nilzo antonio like this.
  4. nilzo antonio

nilzo antonio Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 31, 2015
    If there's a video exonerating him is somewhat surprising THZ haven't posted it yet.

5. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    They may not be able to get it. If the video is the car driver’s who is a witness and the car is the scene of the now recanted alleged crime he might not legally able to sell it.

Remember the horrifying videos of Anne Heche’s fatal accident? That was grimly well documented.

6. Master_Rebado

Master_Rebado Chosen One star 6

May 31, 2004

Couldn't meet the video owners price maybe.

nilzo antonio likes this.
  7. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Even if he was right, getting that angry and verbally abusive is toxic and the other co-workers on that set didn't deserve to be subjected to that kind of behavior. Whatever unprofessional stuff the DP was doing, going off like that was equally unprofessional, especially since he's the most powerful person on that set and could easily just have the issue corrected with a few words to the director.

But I think Christian Bale knows all that and he apologized in a way that was much more self-effacing and believable than, for instance, Will Smith's apology for the Chris Rock incident. And I used to have a nasty, toxic temper too; that's how I recognize what's going on in that recording. I've had melt-downs like that, though I'm doing better now. Sometimes people lose their temper and then you just have to apologize and try to get help so that you can get more control of it. I think Bale handled it as well as a movie star could handle something like that. It's why people still remember the rant, but mostly still respect him. It's not that the rant has been forgotten or swept under the rug. It's just . . . you know, he handled it well and was believable.

godisawesome and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  8. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Mar 13, 2014
    Rogue1-and-a-half likes this.
  9. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Just a lot of therapy. Coping skills, prayer and meditation time. I've learned to be better about standing up for myself which leads to situations being dealt with in a more mature manner rather than me kind of nursing resentment and eventually losing my temper. I've sought to understand the difference in the things I can and cannot change and to let the things I cannot change go. Some medication as well, though that's mainly been for depression and not the anger particularly; though that said, anger is a leading symptom of depression among men, so the two can definitely be linked. You know, the usual stuff. It's a process.

Also, I should say that I think leaking the recording of Bale was also unprofessional on the part of whoever did it. I think toxic behavior is too often covered up on sets and if there are patterns of abuse then I think it's a good thing to leak those things and let those things be known about. This appears to have been a one-time outburst on Bale's part and, if I recall correctly, whoever leaked the tape didn't leak it when it happened, but waited several months until the movie was about to come out. So they weren't interested in stopping bad behavior on that set. If they had been, they'd have leaked it when it happened. So that was also unprofessional

10. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Mar 13, 2014
    I hear you about standing up for our own feelings before it gets to the point where I get upset. That can be hard to do in the moment with small things. But those pebbles of frustration add up to weigh the same as boulders.

Reading you post actually helped me now to proactively speak up to change something that could bother me for years to come if I didn’t. Thank you for that. I feel better about it already.

11. solojones

Sep 27, 2000

No you shouldn't behave like that in response, I agree. But also I totally get where he was coming from and that he was in an emotional acting moment and so reacted more emotionally.

I just don't take it as proof of his violent nature or anything is all I'm saying. He didn't physically hurt anyone..he was just an ass about it.

Rogue1-and-a-half likes this.
  12. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Mar 13, 2014
    As more info has come out about Terminator Salvation it sounds like those involved with making it knew the movie was going to be bad before production was halfway complete. Not an excuse but it sounds like it became very stressful and hopeless on set as it became clear no sort of course correction was going fix the movie and everyone involved knew they were making a flop.

13. solojones

Sep 27, 2000

It had nothing to do with the movie being bad. It was because the DP was being a completely unprofessional dip****

14. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Mar 13, 2014
    How was he being a ‘completely unprofessional dip****?’

It seems the DP was still checking the lights and maybe getting meter readings and crossed into Bail’s eye line while acting. There must be more to the story because that wouldn’t make him a complete dip****.

15. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    Man all this negativity towards @dp4m ....

16. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I had it coming if I walked into your Communist sightline!

Juliet316 likes this.
  17. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    Warranted.

Juliet316 likes this.
  18. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    If dp was the DP, it’s fair to assume @heels1785 is actually Christian Bale.

I think this case is closed.

Juliet316, heels1785 and dp4m like this.
  19. Rogue1-and-a-half

Nov 2, 2000
    I mean, look, this could be way off, but why do I feel like McG doesn't run the tightest set in the world? Bale calls him out too in that tirade and McG says that he didn't see it happen which is pretty weird to me since they were apparently filming a really intense emotional scene. I guess if he was watching the monitors, he might not have seen it, but at the very least it was his responsibility as the director to make sure everyone on the set knew what the protocols were when filming was happening. The DP had worked with McG before, I think, and that might have been a thing that McG was okay with on other movies.

It is also strange to me that Bale wasn't just more focused in general. I'm not saying it should be this way, but distractions happen. It happens in theater and it happens in filming. It certainly happens in location shooting. There must have been something particularly egregious about the way this DP was working or something because it just doesn't strike me that Bale is an actor who cracks every time somebody gets into his sightline. That's just not the way making movies works. Crewmembers are going to be in your sightline. It just happens. Sometimes an incredibly loud camera is right in your face with a guy holding it standing right next to you. That's one of the reasons acting is way harder than people think it is and why naturalistic performances are harder than people think they are. It's hard to be in an emotional moment and it's also really hard to just be natural when there's a cameraman two feet away from you. Honestly, the best acting ever is just "acting like the camera isn't there." So, I do think there was something more egregious than a guy just stepping into Bale's eyeline going on in this case. If that's all it was, it probably wouldn't have been distracting at all.

Why am I writing more about this now than I did when it all happened?

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  20. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I won't judge the incident until Terminator: Salvation comes out. Maybe Bale's rant contributed to the film becoming a timeless masterpiece.

CLee and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  21. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Mar 13, 2014
    Good summary which goes back to what I heard where production on the movie was not going well - they knew the movie stunk - which had everyone stressed out and on edge while making it.

22. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    He walked into Bale's field of view during a scene. Is that professional? Maybe not, but such things happens on sets all the time.
    Bale was absolutely not right. He was being an abusive piece of **** towards a coworker, and was about as far from professional as humanly possible. Bale was the only one at any fault worth mentioning.

DarthPhilosopher likes this.
  23. solojones

Sep 27, 2000

No he was not just walking in the fov, which is already bad..he was actually actively adjusting lights during the take. This is positively unheard of and way unprofessional.

Bale was an ******* in how he went about his business. But everyone I know inside the film industry understood at least where he was coming from.

24. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    According to people who were there on the day, he was checking on a light, not adjusting it. Should he have done that during a take? Probably not, but again, such things do happen. Film sets can be chaotic, and people make mistakes.

It's still Bale who was in the wrong - even Bale himself seems to agree with that.

DarthPhilosopher likes this.
  25. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I recall Ed Harris on Inside the Actors Studio mentioning a huge pet peeve is when the crew will not settle down and keep quiet during takes.