main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC IMDb for Hollywood/Celebrity/Famous sexual predators

Discussion in 'Community' started by vin, Oct 30, 2017.

1. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    https://www.glamour.com/story/why-i...n-mansons-fantasy-of-killing-evan-rachel-wood

Evan Rachel Wood has never named Marilyn Manson as her abuser. This is a 2018 article about her congressional testimony. However, it appears that he outed himself at the end of the 2000s decade.

Anyhow, I believe the truth is really clear. At the time, I was very busy in college. I was just 21, 22, and 23 when I studied some of Manson's late 1990s works. My ex in high school was obsessed with hm, given how she was taller than everyone in the 80-person high school (cis person, yeah, still). During high school, I was like, "Why do you like him so much?" During college, I studied his lyrics and find some of them very intelligent. But on the whole, I found his work overrated by his fans. I can see why people lost interest in him. I cannot say I was aware of Marilyn Manson's breakup with Evan before 2010, since I had become preoccupied with other things. I feel bad that did not see it. I watched her movies, but it was only recently when I watched her interviews and learned more about her. Back in 2007, I thought it was merely a case of a younger woman being attracted to an older person because she was attracted to folks who were androgynous mentally, but now it looks really terrible. But I agree with this article that she was courageous. (Suffice it to say that I was quite naive before 2013.)

So, from now on, I will not be posting any Marilyn Manson's music. I am boycotting his music and Michael Jackson's. However, we can agree to disagree on those issues, and I will not critique anyone who likes their music.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2020
  2. nilzo antonio

nilzo antonio Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 31, 2015
  3. SevPrince

SevPrince Jedi Master star 3

Nov 4, 2016
    I'm glad all her lies are being exposed which I never bought. Women like her who lie about abuse make believing real victims hard. Make situations for real victims hard.
    full video
    There is language in it. Listening to that made me feel exhausted and dirty.

nilzo antonio likes this.
  4. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    No Daily Heil, please.

FatBurt, Darth Punk and Darth Guy like this.
  5. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I might actually listen to this all the way through. The summary up to 20 minutes is that SHE IS INSANE. "Just because I throw post and pans and vases does not negate the fact that you should fight for me and knock on the door and set your own selfishness aside." What the holy hell?!

6. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    Blimey, she's a right fruitcake.

7. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    Let’s face it, they’re all a bit thick and neurotic, aren’t they?

nilzo antonio likes this.
  8. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Not Tom Hanks and Keanu Reeves :(

nilzo antonio and Juliet316 like this.
  9. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    I meant women

10. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
  11. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    It's a shame that MRAs are going to try to use this revelation to cast doubt on all women who have reported being abused. Because there are some actual important points to be made out of it. No one should be the victim of physical or emotional abuse and it is underreported among men because it can be seen as a shameful thing for a man to say that he's being physically abused by a woman. But it does happen and it shouldn't. And the total BS excuse that, "well, I'm a woman and you're a man, so it's not like I actually HURT you when I hit you" is complete and utter garbage. Physical abuse isn't always about doing a huge amount of physical damage to the person being abused; physical abuse, even when it does no lasting physical damage, is profoundly psychologically damaging and destabilizing and it is about establishing a power dynamic.

As to the specific responses to this situation, I don't know that we need #JusticeforJohnnyDepp or whatever. I mean, he's fine. He's Johnny ******* Depp and he has a trillion dollars in the bank or whatever and he didn't get thrown in jail or killed or anything. He's fine. The allegations didn't "destroy his life" or whatever people always claim about allegations like this against celebrities. That said, it's still not okay, on principle, for her to lie about it, so if he wants to sue her, go for it. I'm just not going to start marching in the streets for Depp like his life was ruined by the allegations. Nor am I going to start boycotting Amber Heard projects, just like I didn't decide to never watch another Johnny Depp movie when the original allegations were against him. I don't really do that whole boycotting thing, as most people know about me. I also think I've never actually seen Amber Heard in anything, so me saying I was going to participate in a boycott would be pretty hollow.

12. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    ... and we still don't know if the audio is validated, and it still doesn't mean Depp wasn't an abusive ******* either.

13. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
  14. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Your correct but seeing as how even Depp’s exes have come out in support of him it points towards Amber being the only abuser in this case. Usually with abuse there is a history that multiple people can attest to.

The fact that she had also been arrested before for domestic “dispute” also doesn’t help her case. So I am leaning toward her being the only one in the wrong here. If there is new evidence other than her own word I’ll consider it again.

It’s a shame that people will use this in the future to try to discredit people.

It’s people like Amber who make it harder for women to come forward and be thought as telling the truth.

15. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Also looks like she has admit that the “bruises” she showed as proof of Depp abusing her were just painted on and makeup as she admits this in leaked audio.

16. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    the jury have begun their deliberations on the Weinstein case.

17. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I wouldn't be shocked that in spite of everything the ol' "He is a harmless old man!" and slutshaming defenses worked on at least one juror.

18. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
  19. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Just saw that breaking news on CNBC.

20. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Could have been more, but the criminal sexual assault charge can get you up to 25 years. But at least it's 5 years. I really hope they throw the book at him in sentencing. That will basically determine the whole thing and whether this is just or not.

soitscometothis and Luke02 like this.
  21. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    acquitted of the most serious charge against him though - predatory sexual assault and first-degree rape. ah well. least he'll do some time.

22. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Bet he won't get to take that walker into prison..

Luke02 likes this.
  23. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    Well it's a good thing Weinstein isn't President. It would be horrible to have a sexual predator in the White House.

24. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    What he got is not enough, but things are so screwed up these days that I'm genuinely surprised and extremely pleased that he didn't just get acquitted.

25. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    Hope he likes the taste of prison food, and penis.

Diggy likes this.