main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG IMMOBILZATION! STAR WARS GRAND PARADE IN SINGAPORE

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by DarthCrovus, Oct 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediJean

JediJean Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    OK Clare, roger that! :)

2. CoOLv1rus

CoOLv1rus Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 23, 2003
    Jango Fett Almost Ready for the Event!!

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/EllaStar/shiats/jango2.jpg]

3. lukedecop

lukedecop Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 25, 2002
    Cool costume Virus, i envy u. :) Post some full body photos when u r done. Thanks.

4. Sidious_101

Sidious_101 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2002
    Hey-Hey don't forget me! :) wooo hooo i'm coming out from retirement!

1.DarthCrovus (Stormtrooper or Clone Trooper)
    2. JediJean (Padme AOTC White Battlesuit)
    3. GetzJedi (TIE Fighter) --> If it's before 7.00pm
    4. kimbilili-k-s (AU sith ^^ - the usual)
    5. Xeno (Emperor)
    6. Yazid (Anakin)
    7. CoolVirus (Jango Fett)
    8. Mercurio (Anakin)
    9. JediClare (Jedi)
    10. Darth_Eagle (Will decide later)
    11. Darth HasR (Dooku / Nahilious / Moff) U fellas decide 4 me!

5. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    This one up to you but Dec must be Dooku! [face_devil]

6. aanakin

aanakin Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 17, 2004
    hi guys, i can't make it...boohoo.:_|
    hope you all enjoy yourselves at the grand parade!
    ps. nice banner...i love it!:) Great job!

7. Yazid_Skywalker

Yazid_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    Hee guys, just to let you know, my bdae is just a day before that(5th nov). I'm turning 17!! =D=

8. JediJean

Apr 1, 2002
    Wow, that's great, Yazid!!!

What a great way to celebrate your birthday... even tho' it will be a day late... but heck, it's close enough, right?? :p

9. Faiz

Faiz Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2002
    hm, bad news, i will not be able to attend at all. apparently there's singapore cup that same day, and because Home United is in the finals, all CD recruits had to go down to support. lame i tell you. so.. yeah that pretty much ends any plans for that day..

sorry to J&J and the saber team..

10. CoZyD3viL

CoZyD3viL Jedi Youngling

Jul 16, 2005
    awww.. thats sad.. =(

11. CoOLv1rus

Apr 23, 2003
    FAIZ!!! THATS LAME!!!!! Argh.....hope they cancel or something..

Lukedecop: aRgh...i still trying to fix some parts of the gauntlets, hopeing they wun fall off!!

12. Faiz

Faiz Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2002
    exactly! can you imagine my horror!? not to mention that they state that those who take MC on that day will get 2 extra! WTF..
    sigh...

13. CoZyD3viL

CoZyD3viL Jedi Youngling

Jul 16, 2005
    WHAT THE ... ?! that's really super lame!

14. JediJean

Apr 1, 2002
    Hi guyz,

This is the latest news on the Star Wars costume parade taking place on 6 Nov 2005, as posted in the Movie Mania forum by Lordtyranno... pls stay tuned as more details become available in the next few days.

I am assuming that all of you who have already put your names down on the list here will be joining us in the hotel room at Royal Plaza Scotts.

Anyone who is late on that day will be left behind, because we cannot afford to wait for latecomers.

Pls note that unlike any of our previous casual fan-type costume parades, this is an official promotional event for the Singapore Science Centre, and it will be reported on a national level.

The Singapore Tourism Board has thrown its support behind this exhibition, so this parade may even be seen beyond our national borders.

There will be police, Science Centre staff, media, camera crew, and photographers present, so pls be on your best behaviour on that day.

We will be representing all Star Wars fans in Singapore, and the world may be watching as other Star Wars fans worldwide look out for more news on the exhibition taking place in Singapore in Nov 2005 to Apr 2006.

This is a proud moment for FanForce Singapore, so those of you who will be there on that day... do us proud! :)

Cheers,
    JediJean.

Hi All,

Would like to elaborate more on the upcoming SW Parade this Sunday..

1) There will be a hotel room to change at Royal Plaza Scotts Hotel.

2) All costumers will be geared up and ready to parade at 1.30pm

3) There will be estimated 20 tickets only for the Exhibition and the rest will be given exclusive SW notebooks, posters and etc from Science Centre.

4) Vader will be leading the entire parade followed by characters from Movie Mania. There will be a small break in the procession and the FanForce will lead the remaining fans..

5) We will start walking from the hotel and the 1st stop point will be in front of Shaw Centre...for media to take photos..

6) We will cross Orchard road in groups and gather again in front of Orchard MRT station

7) We will walk pass Wisma Atria and later make another stop just in front of Ngee Ann City for photo ops.

8) Vader will lead us all into Ngee Ann City where we will board the lifts to go up to Orchard Library.

9) Once there, we will go into a meeting room/ rooms to rest and drink up.

10) After that, we will head back to the Hotel.. Those of u who want to, can off from there.

11) We have already did a trial run yesterday and we must reach Orchard Library by 2.30pm.

12) Science Centre staff, camera crew, photgraphers, police all will be there.

13) Pls quickly register now who is confirmed coming and will start from the hotel... I'm still trying to get more free tickets from SC and if successful... I will pass them according to the register list.

14) Pls contact Xeno (Wayne) who is the liase person for Movie Mania.

Stay tuned for more updates..

15. CoOLv1rus

Apr 23, 2003
    jean: i have sent a PM to u thru MM forums, but heres it again. can we all like meet together before going to the hotel to change?? Say, 1245hrs outside Orchard MRT?

16. DarthCrovus

DarthCrovus Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 3, 2005
    Ok my own input now,

For those who can meet us at Pacific Plaza directly, in costume. That would be great. Here's why, the hotel room is kinna for those with huge boxes to dump the boxes there and cahnge(for the more difficult to put on costumes, like a 15 piece armour). You can imagine how packed the room will be when stacked with 15+ boxes, there'll be hardly any space to move around also. Might just be easier to change elsewhere. That's what I'm considering for myself. Also, as we're getting the room only after 12noon (maybe later) we will be in and out of the room a few times as we have to ferry the boxes from Reno's office to the hotel. Hence we won't be there all the time. And we have very little time to work with considering we all have to be ready by 130. It's one hell of a mad rush man. Hence, for those who can meet up earlier and change somewhere ard Shaw area (like we did for our own parade back in June) that would help us alot. What can be arranged is that after you guys are all changed out, someone can co-ordinate all the bags and bring it all to the room in 1 trip, say ard 1pm while the rest of the guys grab lunch. Don't want anyone fainting during the parade.

I'll be contacting Jean directly should there be any other changes. And yes, the media will be covering this event. So what Jean says, well I couldn't have said it better myself.

The Route(pretty much covered in earlier post, with a few changes):
    depart from hotel @ 1320
    Meet up with FanForce in front of Pacific Plaza (right in front of That CD Shop) @130
    Proceed to Shaw Centre, phototaking with the Media in front of Delifrance.
    Crossing the road in groups and proceed to Orchard MRT.
    Passing Wisma and proceed to Nee Ang City. Photo op. in front of Nee Ang City
    Boarding lifts to go up to Orchard Library.
    Arrival Orchard Library @1430. Photo op.
    Pit stop in meeting room, time for a break, time for a kit kat.
    March back to the Pacific Plaza.
    Suit down.

As already mention, we are securing free tickets for the exhibition. As there is a limited number of these, only those who register early will have the tickets. Pretty much first come, first serve. So wha cha waiting for?!?! Better put your names down fast!!

1.DarthCrovus (Stormtrooper or Clone Trooper)
    3. GetzJedi (TIE Fighter) --> If it's before 7.00pm
    4. kimbilili-k-s (AU sith ^^ - the usual)
    5. Xeno (Emperor)
    6. Yazid (Anakin)
    8. Mercurio (Anakin)
    9. JediClare (Jedi)
    10. Darth_Eagle (Will decide later)
    11. Darth HasR (Dooku / Nahilious / Moff) U fellas decide 4 me!

17. DarthCrovus

Apr 3, 2005
    sorry double post, read the one below

18. DarthCrovus

Apr 3, 2005
    Ok guys, typical of recent history I have to update you guys on some of the changes before the cows can even go home.

1. there will NO longer be a hotel room. SSC has pulled out of the room idea.
    2. we have however a backup plan.
    Changing room is now in Far East Shopping Centre. An office space will be made
    avaliable to you guys to suit up and store your barang barang. Exact address to be
    confirmed.
    3. Movie Mania will suit up in Reno's office and make our way to Far East Shopping
    Centre. We will meet up with you guys @120 in front of Far East Shopping Centre.
    Everybody to be suited up and ready to go @120.
    4. The Parade will start at Far East Shopping Centre and is one way, meaning the press
    will only cover the parade from Far East to Library and that's it.
    5. It MIGHT be possible for us(Movie Mania) to drop you guys at Borders after the
    parade. Hence you guys MIGHT not need to walk back to Far East to get your stuff.
    This is TO BE CONFRIMED.
    6. We are still trying to get free tickets to the exhibition on opening day for
    everyone, this WILL BE UPDATED. Keep your fingers cross.

19. GED_EYE_GUY

GED_EYE_GUY Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 21, 2002
    i'm turning up for sure, but since i'm just a shutterbug i figure i should leave myself off the list for the tix's. will that mean i can't take photos inside the library?

20. DarthCrovus

Apr 3, 2005
    Apparently there's an issue with the Parade. Contacting the people in charge over here is proving to be a problem too. So this is my last attempt at this. There are bigger fires to fight out there.

So here it is, the be all and end all of updates (until something changes again)

Regarding the office space. it is CONFIRMED, (read:CONFIRMED) that it will be made avaliable for you guys to change and to store your stuff. (haven't I already made that clear?). It has been CONFIRMED since yesterday morning. The office space is purely for FFSG people to change and store your barang barang. MEANING: during the parade you do not have to carry anything, safe your FX lightsabers. The reason why it's purely for FFSG is because knowing the office spaces there, it is quite small. Hence to have 30, THIRTY people change in there is madness. Hence we have asked for a bus from SSC, enabling us to split the changing location into two. One is at Far East Shopping Centre, and the other is in Jalan Kilang Barat. As Kilang Barat is out of the way for some of you, plus i'm guessing not many people know where it is, we've deceided to let you guys have the Far East Shopping centre changing "room". NO OTHER REASON FOR THIS. JUST PLAIN LOGIC. And no one is missing out on anything because the parade STARTS at Far East Shopping Centre.

IN ADDITION, THOSE WHO TAKE PART IN THE PARADE WILL BE REWARDED! (again something I thought I mentioned since day 1) While I cannot confirmed EXACTLY, IN SPECIFIC DETAILS what the reward is, I dare say it's a good one. Hell I, as a SW fan, want one myself (and no I'm not getting one, it's all for you guys!) While I cannot confirmed specifics, what I can do is give you a general idea(NOTE: this is just an idea of what is to come, it is by no ways confirmed) of what the reward is. We are asking for things like, tickets to the exhibition for EVERYONE(almost), EXCLUSIVE Art Of Star Wars notepad that were given out at the press conference, AND.....the EXCLUSIVE BUS STOP POSTERS that you see ard. town. Like I said, not confirmed, but it's a general region of what is to come.

SIDENOTE: I'm seriously quesioning why do I even need to clarify this. I mean I don't know, it's just me, but as a fan I'll galdy take part in this for FREE. Hey some SW fans are even willing to pay to be part of this. Nobody talk about reward when we parade in June, why the talk of reward now. I seriously question the motives behind this. But THAT'S JUST ME, DIGRESSING.

One last note: Movie Mania is in no way earning and gaining anything from this. READ: NOTHING GAINED. SSC is not paying Movie Mania for this (hell a few of us, esp. Reno, is even forking money out from own pockets to make this happen) And the "benefits" we get from this, I assure you we share with EVERYONE!!(almost). All of you here have my PERSONAL promise that you will get your share. I've been given the honour to handle to distribution of the "reward" so you can rest assured.

Speaking of which, Clare for your generous act of loaning your robe that day. I have a press kit(science centre write up, a cd full of the exhibition stuff) and the notebook for you here at home. This is on top of whatever you'll be getting for the parade. =) Oh ya, your robe was used for the press conference. How cool is that. You didn't ask for any reward but those who lend a hand often gets rewarded. =)

I seriously hope that this ends all the negative energy going on. Like I said, we are already fighting a few wars to get the parade done right, dont' help matter at all that have to have fights internally too. MAKE NO SENSE.

21. DarthCrovus

Apr 3, 2005
    One more thing, I'm in contact with the agency who will be supplying the manpower for the exhibition. Those of you 'O' and 'A' levels holders who are interested in working in the exhibition please contact me at 81136307.

THIS IS CONFIRMED, IT IS NOT A HOAX. And I always keep my word.

I am looking for 20 personels, full time, 10am to 6pm, 'O'/'A' levels required.
    More details soon, but really I rather you guys just contact me directly, easier and faster.

22. GetzJedi

GetzJedi Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 21, 2005
    You're right, Crovus... Thanks for making me see the light... I am a Star Wars FAN... I'll walk with FFSG this Sunday with Jango...

23. JediJean

Apr 1, 2002
    Thanks for all the updates & clarifications, Crovus... sorry to trouble you with posting all these mundane little details when you have bigger fires to fight... glad we cleared up the little miscommunication between us though, turns out that we have a ?common enemy? after all... ie. certain small-minded folks who want to have all this media hype and glory, but not willing to fork out the required budget to support such a major promotional event, which in the first place is for their own benefit, and not so much ours... LOL! :p

OK, just to make sure that everything is absolutely crystal clear for everyone who is involved, allow me to summarise everything that?s been said so far...

IMPT NOTE:
    If you are actually getting dressed up this Sunday & want to participate in the SW Parade, pls ensure that your name is already on the list below? this registration list is for SW Parade participants only!

1. DarthCrovus (Stormtrooper or Clone Trooper)
    3. GetzJedi (TIE Fighter)
    4. Kimbilili-k-s (AU Sith)
    5. Xeno (Costume to be confirmed)
    6. Yazid (Anakin)
    8. Mercurio (Anakin)
    9. JediClare (Jedi)
    10. Darth_Eagle (Costume to be confirmed)
    11. Darth HasR (Dooku)

Tashimonk, Azmi_Kenobi, Lukedecop, Faiz, and any other FFSG members who may not be taking part in the SW Parade itself... pls feel free to join us for lunch before the parade, and at Orchard Library after we finish the Parade... plans for after the SW Parade have yet to be confirmed, but those who still wanna hang out after that... no prob, no need for official invitation, right? We can always do that too :)

So here?s the program, especially for all FFSG members & anyone else who might wanna join us or say hello to us along the way!

SW Parade
    Date: Sunday, 6 Nov 2005
    Time: 11.00am
    Place: Orchard MRT Station

Here?s what our schedule for the day will look like...

11.00am:
    FFSG meets at Orchard MRT Station.

11.15am:
    Early lunch at the Burger King next to Borders.

12.15pm:
    Proceed to Far East Shopping Centre.

12.20pm:
    Reach Far East Shopping Centre.
    Get ready for the SW Parade.
    Singapore Science Centre is providing us with an office place to suit up & store our personal belongings in.
    The exact address of the office is to be advised.
    (JediClare, I will pass you my FX lightsaber when we put our belongings in the office).

1.20pm:
    Meet with everyone involved in the SW Parade, outside Far East Shopping Centre.

1.30pm ? 2.30pm:
    Begin the SW Parade.
    Walk from Far East Shopping Centre to Ngee Ann City.
    Photo Opp in front of Ngee Ann City.
    Board lifts to Orchard Library.

2.30pm:
    Arrive at Orchard Library.
    Photo Opp at Orchard Library.
    Take a break in designated meeting room(s).
    End of SW Parade.
    Head back to Far East Shopping Centre to collect our belongings from the office provided.

VERY IMPT:

1) The schedule above will be strictly adhered to on that day!

2) Any latecomers will be left behind, or will just have to meet us at the next location.

3) Anyone who is registered as a participant in the parade, but who is still unable to meet us by 1.20pm outside Far East Shopping Centre will be excluded from the SW Parade, and will therefore not receive any freebies given out to us on that day.

Hope that makes everything nice and clear for everyone here!

Cya on Sunday!! :)

Cheers,
    JediJean
    Secretary
    FanForce Singapore

24. lordtyranno

lordtyranno Jedi Youngling

Aug 26, 2003
    Hi all,

I have asked Jason "Crovus" to help me out to post here with regards to the parade and job employment opportunities for the exhibition.

MovieMania is helping SC for the exhibition and even the chartered bus is paid for by my own pocket...

I personally am disappointed when they cancelled the hotel room which I fought hard to get and they substitute now for an office to change at Far East SC.

Previously, FFSG never take any rewards and had to change at toilets also...but that is not enough for MM. I hope the fans here will at least be pleased that they all confirmed will be getting some exclusive SW stuff such as posters, notebooks and Free Admission tickets for opening day when they dress up.

Pls help register with Crovus and make his job easier also...

I never asked for any credit at all or thanks from the fans here and have been busy working to organise this event at my own costs.

MovieMania is a thematic replica costume company and SW is just one of our events we run...I hope MM does not sound arrogant or Elite but we do have corporate clients also who want quality costumes.

I have posted at www.moviemania.com.sg the details at the Forum page and will attach now for your convenience also..

Hi All,

The office at Far East SC where there will be a changing room and storage for Sunday is as follows:

(Company name is DFS Convenience Food System, #09-04).

1330 - Costumers leave Far East Shopping Centre
    1340 - Parade begins at Wheelock Place (Outside Zara)
    1350 - Parade crosses the road and heads towards Orchard MRT (Photo Opp)
    1355 - Parade to stop in front of Orchard MRT station (Photo Opp)
    1405 - Parade heads towards Ngee Ann City
    1415 - Arrive at Ngee Ann City - stop at the fountain, next to the 7-11. (Photo Opp)
    1420 - Walk into Ngee Ann City, board elevator no 21 or 22 (behind Cartier) to level 5.
    1425 - On level 5, turn right at Zingdo Restaurant and walk towards library
    1430 - Arrive at Orchard Library

This is the finalized plan ....

The only Difference is that MM has arranged a bus to pick us up at Ngee Ann at 3pm to fetch us back to MM office and meantime drop off some costumers back at Far East SC.

Remember its a SW event and we are all SW fans also...

Regards
    Reno

25. JediJean

Apr 1, 2002
    Hi Reno,

Thanks for posting further details of the SW Parade above.

Crovus also has our backing to post the latest info & updates here with regards to anything that has to do with the Science Centre exhibition and its related events, including job opportunities.

In case no one has mentioned it to you yet... my issues are NOT with MM, but with the Singapore Science Centre, for being such scrooges and for taking us for granted, like as if we (both MM and FFSG) are just worthless slave labour... yes, it's true that as fans, most of us would probably want to be involved in Sunday's SW Parade, even if it was for no rewards at all... but does the Singapore Science Centre have to take advantage of our love for Star Wars and exploit us to such a great degree??

Like I said before, it looks like both MM and FFSG have a "common enemy" here... we're both disappointed about the lack of a hotel room at the last minute... and while we're glad that at least we're getting some office space and some freebies, the fact of the matter is that this is a promotional event for the Singapore Science Centre, and if none of us shows up on Sunday... quite simply put... they can wave goodbye to their promotional event... and in short, they are screwed.

Because right now, there is nothing in black and white to bind either MM or FFSG to show up for Sunday's SW Parade... and none of us has received any payment in cash or kind yet from the Singapore Science Centre to show up for this promotional event of theirs... or is there some deal that MM has already struck up with them that we still don't know about??

While it's true that FFSG has previously NOT asked for any rewards to do costume parades, one has to keep in mind that all our previous costume parades were organised by FFSG for Star Wars fans, and not organised by any other external corporate company or organisation.

All our previous costume parades were done for the pure love of Star Wars... when AOTC came out, we had a costume parade... and when ROTS came out, we had a costume parade as well.

If there was media coverage or attention of any kind, it wasn't a case of us pre-arranging for it to happen months and months in advance, but more a case of it just happened to happen... it was more like, "hey, we're going to have this costume parade thingie going on, but Fox heard about it and would like to film it, so OK let them tag along with us and film away"... so it's not like we were having these costume parades because a corporate company organised it for us, and asked us to show up for it, for the main purpose of creating media hype and promoting the movies.

All our past costume parades were organised by FanForce Singapore for the benefit and enjoyment of ALL STAR WARS FANS, and no one funded it for us, or told us what we could or could not do. It was just a bunch of Star Wars fans who took to the streets in their self-made Star Wars costumes for the sheer love of Star Wars, and wanting to celebrate the release of yet another Star Wars movie. That's all.

So of course, there were no rewards involved, because there were no corporate organisers or sponsors involved... and the only reward for us was that we could share our love and interest in Star Wars with others of the same heart and mind, and enjoy the company of those who could also discuss and talk about "Star Wars" with us. Our previous costume parades were a chance for Star Wars fans to get together, socialise, mix and mingle, and enjoy Star Wars together... they were not even organised for the main purpose of promoting our group, or getting any kind of media attention for our group, they were just organised by fans for other fans.

In this case, however, this costume parade was organised by a corporate organisation, the Singapore Science Centre... and in fact, FanForce Singapore was actually asked to show up, in order to make up the numbers, otherwise there would be too few costumed characters taking part in what is supposed to be this incredibly hyped-up media event to promote the Star Wars exhibition at the Si

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.