main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Mandalorian Imperial Remnants & the First Order

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Nov 22, 2019.

1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    So as we can tell by now the imperial remnants will be playing a big part in the show most likely trying to hunt down the Mandalorians.

let’s discuss

2. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I really want it to be revealed that Herzog's character is Palpatine's incompetent brother who was only given his post through nepotism. :p

3. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    These guys are definitely the most intriguing aspect of the show for me. Because we know what the Empire was capable of, the extent of their resources, it makes wonder and shiver at what the remnant might be able to do as well. We know they're already bad dudes, and now their back is against the wall. Hopefully The Client gets more opportunities to show just how deep his connections go.

4. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Herzog is Palps son and Rey's dad. You heard it first.
    At some point Mando's child gets killed and he is seeking for revenge. Herzog hides his child on Jakku.

5. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    I´m absolutely intrigued by the Client, and by his deadly looking stormtroopers! Doctor Pershing seems like character will a lot of potential as well, since he doesn't seem to be in the same page with the Imperials, but more likely intimidated by them. That said, every scene Herzog is in has this incredible gravitas that makes you feel like something really important is about to happen. Its all just such a fantastic addition for fans of the Empire!

Jarrus likes this.
  6. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    These Mandalorians might be enemies of the New Republic as well from can be gathered since they're in secret outside of the Core.

The Remnant I think is more likely to be after just "The Mandalorian" and "The Child" and continue using contract hunter killers . The remnant on this show is little more than bodyguard/mercenaries serving an unknown warlord which is basically what the Empire is post "Aftermath". The show has it they have to keep their heads down and work through the underworld otherwise risk exposure to the New Republic and their allies- much like the Mandalorians whom seem in a similar position. Which begs the question why are the Mandalorians still in hiding as if the Empire is still around when its expressed by the main character a few times that the Empire is gone. Who are they hiding from and why. Rebels alluded to Wren, Katan and Mandalorians being victorious and everything is so great . Here it seems like only The Clone Wars is serving as a loose canon. Herzog's character makes the case that Mandalorians are practically extinct and he seems to think The Mandalorian is the only one around.

The way Herzog's talks about them and the, its pretty clear some genocide took place. Here we have Mandalorians rebuilding and replenishing great loses atfer some kinda catastrophe that made them near extinct(Herzog also remind him that he too can become extinct basically and end them when he threatens him) , but the purge occurred over like around 30 years before this show takes place. While they are forced into exile and hiding, but at the same time they want to strike. They remind me of Maul's Crimson Dawn & the Sith, as does the code recited by the The Armorer whom seems also more like a shaman .

7. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I'm sure Moff Gideon is the big shoot here of the imperial remnants, he might have been one of the top moffs during the last years of the emprire. I think he'll also be this small link to the small growing First Order. I can see him and the Madalorian creating this small conflict between the imperial remnants and the mandalorian clan.

8. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Completely missed this thread when I started mine...

Is this what we are going to get for Imp Remnants? Some functionaries like Werner Herzog's character or Giancarlo Espisito's Moff Gideon, a bunch of Stormies in battered armor, and some TIEs? (since they appear in the trailers released I am assuming talking about TIEs doesn't need to be spoiler tagged).

Will there be more to them? Will we get to see the Imps with some capital ships? Not talking having and ISD show up...but (IMHO) this would be a great time to give us a Gladiator of Victory on screen.

9. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I'm actually hoping for this remnant to be unrelated to the FO because I think that is an much more interesting angle IMO. A fledgling faction trying to regain their former glory in the ''wild west'' of the galaxy.

10. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    My bet is Moff Gideon is the highest up this faction goes and that he may be aware of the first order lead by Sloane at this point. But not apart of it

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  11. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I don't think they are with the first order, but he has contact with them and he seems like someone who could have joined them. For all we know he might soon joined as grand moff. Moff Gideon will probaly be one of the major villains of this show og not the primary.

12. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I kind of either/or on these guys being connected to the First Order, but man if they are how awesome would it be to even hear Sloane's name, or how crazy it would be if we got to see her. It might be a long shot, but this show has made more than a few deep cuts, so it can happen.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  13. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Sloane is one of if not the best new canon character introduced through a book. I would love to see her.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  14. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    If we see her it be in fureture seasons, she might get mentioned by moff Gideon. I think if anyone he's the link to the first order.

15. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    The purge took place more like 5 to 9 years ago. We know from the Rebels TV show that Mandalore was under Imperial occupation until right before the events of ANH and some of the Mandalorians collaborated with the Empire to help them control the planet and the various clans. The Imperial occupation was the direct result of the Republic invasion of Mandalore right at the end of the Clone Wars, to take out Maul and his faction.

In Season 4 of Rebels, the Mandalorians rebel (with Jedi help) and overthrow the Imperial puppet government (Gar Saxon) and it is heavily implied that this is the beginning of a new war on Mandalore between the Mandalorian clans and the Galactic Empire. The Empire is at the height of its power at this point and they won't stand by idly and let one of the most dangerous warrior cultures in the galaxy blow an Imperial Star Destroyer and declare independence.

I assume the Empire responded in full force and there was a brutal war on Mandalore which the Empire eventually won and conducted a cleansing campaign of the planet to remove the Mandalorian threat permanently. Which is why we have the so called "purge" and only few remaining Mandalorians scattered around the galaxy.

The whole Mandalorian-Imperial war that is teased here would make for a great novel/comic/video game series IMO. And you could even have Vader and the OT crew involved.

Vialco, Darthur C. Clarke and 11-4D like this.
  16. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    Very interesting indeed! I was wondering, at this point how do you imagine Werner Herzog´s character? Do you see him as a former governor in an important planet/system? a veteran, high ranking officer from the Imperial military or COMPNOR? Or simply a nobleman/financier who is heavily partial to the Empire, and therefore committed to its restoration? If it´s the last one, he would be like Arsin Crassus from Aftermath, but this character appears to be a true believer...

17. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    Based on his uniform/outfit, he looks like a former high ranking civilian Imperial dignitary to me. Maybe a former governor or high ranking administrator. Though I don't think he comes from that planet or even that region. I think he used to work in the Core and was forced to relocate to the Outer Rim because he's on the run from the NR authorities. But that's just my fan speculation :)

Vialco and Ithorians like this.
  18. Darth Nave

Darth Nave Jedi Master star 4

Dec 27, 2015
    My theory is that these guys are some of the Imperials that got left behind by the ones that would go on to form the First Order when they left for the Unknown Regions. Because they operate outside the reach of the New Republic, they are vying to become the dominant power in the region, and Baby Yoda, with its Force sensitivity, could be the key to that.

DarthTalgus likes this.
  19. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Towards the end of World War Two, the Germans had a hope, a myth, of a Superweapon that would turn everything around. Some amazing thing that would halt the Russian hordes.

If you have seen or read The Man In The High Castle, that was essentially nukes. They blasted Russia into a radioactive wasteland.

So I see that kind of mindset for these Remnants. Searching for their Superweapon that even if they find it probably won't save them. But for a moment there, Captain Herzog has hope. Maybe he can save The Empire.

whostheBossk and Sarge like this.
  20. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018

Yep. Love the idea of these guys just being part of the 99% of the Empire that Sloane & Hux Sr etc didn't deem worthy of being a part of this new First Order. These guys were meant to die on Jakku, but survivors gon' survive, and now they have to eke out a living on backwaters off-the-radar, avoiding the New Republic authorities.

Basically former Confederates going out west to become criminal cowboys, but a few of the higher-ups like Herzog & Esposito's guys are pretty damn sneaky & formidable and used to run in intelligence circles. But yeah, most of these ex-Imperials still in known/mapped space should be schmucks. The people with potential (whatever that means for the FO - ruthlessness & youth probably, maybe both being necessary) are already out in Lightning & Asteroids & Black Holes land planning their comeback to civilized space.

Sarge likes this.
  21. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I have a very strong feeling that Moff Gideon arrives on the Mando hideout planet to eradicate the enclave, and succeeds in murdering most of them.

whostheBossk likes this.
  22. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    yeaaah I dont think so.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 25, 2019
  23. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018
    Can't really see even ragged-and-worn Mandos-on-the-run losing to a bunch'a deathtroopers.

Vialco likes this.
  24. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    It's funny you say this. As much as I loved the portrayal I found myself imagining his name being some Star Wars wordplay on Fredo and the final episode being him being killed while fishing in a boat.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  25. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Looks like they have more than that. Including this totally metal flame-throwing trooper with red war paint. At least, the Armorer is going to be attacked in her forge. Which implies that the Imperial remnant will successfully infiltrate the Culvert somehow.