main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends *Impetuous* - Solo-Fel-Skywalker-Antilles Humor - NEW: TEASER Posted July 25th

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by oldjedinurse, Jun 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    Title: Impetuous
    Author: oldjedinurse
    Timeframe: About 4 years post-NJO, AU
    Characters: Jacen Solo, the rest of the Solo-Skywalker-Fel-Antilles families
    Genre: Humor
    Keywords: Jacen
    Summary: Jacen makes the first impulsive decision of his life and must live with the consequences.
    Notes: Short story (WIP)

Chapter Index

Part One: News Travels
    Part Two: Jag and Jaina
    Part Three: Soontir and Syal
    Part Four: Han and Leia
    Part Five: Wedge and Iella
    Part Six: Luke and Mara
    Part Seven: The Falcon
    Part Eight: The Kitchen
    Part Nine: Male Bonding
    Part Ten: Busted!
    Part Eleven: Han Talks to Leia

Disclaimer: I am merely playing in a park dedicated to the Lucas Empire. George Lucas owns everything Star Wars. He and a stellar group of authors own the many characters brought to life in books full of SW stories. I own nothing ? I?m in this for the fun of it. Thanks, George!

With a grateful nod to Sean Williams, Shane Dix and Timothy Zahn for being incredibly inspirational.

Impetuous

Part One: News Travels...

?He?s WHAT??

Leia calmly repeated herself.

?Jacen is coming for the celebration.? She took a slow breath before the next part. ?And he?s bringing his new wife.?

Han looked at her as if she?d just sprouted a mynock from her ear.

?Married? Jacen?s married?? He started to shake his head in the negative.

?Jacen??

Leia nodded in silent agreement. He?s always been so thoughtful ? unlike like his sister. I wouldn't have been surprised if Jaina had eloped years ago, but Jacen?

Wait until I tell Jaina.
    She left Han pondering their advancing age to find their daughter.

?He?s WHAT??

Haven?t I already had this conversation? Leia sighed. ?Jaina, they should be here not long after the Fel?s are set to arrive.?

?Did he even tell you her name? Who is she? Where?d they meet? Where in the seven hells has he been for the last six months anyway?? Jaina couldn?t believe she had so completely lost touch with her twin. Of course, that might have something to do with the fact that she?d been pregnant for the last nine months and more than a bit preoccupied.

Leia sat down next to her daughter. Her face became a tender smile as she watched her grandson?s sweet mouth make tiny sucking movements in his sleep. Little fingers clasped at his mother?s shirt. Long eyelashes trembled slightly as he enjoyed a baby dream.

?I think he?s going to wake up hungry any minute.? Leia touched the back of his hand.

It was Jaina?s turn to sigh. ?Yeah. I think you?re right.

He eats like his father.? Jace? Married? I've got to tell Jag.

?He?s WHAT??

?He got married, Jag. Nobody knew. Mom and Dad are shocked. I mean, Jacen has never been what you?d call impulsive.?

?Not like you, you mean.? Jag tried to hide his smile.

?Very funny.? Jaina wrinkled her nose at him. ?We don?t even know who she is. He d

2. Lady_Jedi_Carenix

Lady_Jedi_Carenix Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 6, 2001
    Wow! :eek: :D I really liked the build up and I had no idea who it was until she was actually introduced. A nice fluffy mushy read. :) [face_love]

3. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    Good for Jacen!

I was wondering if we knew her. And it was Wyn? :eek:

"Its telling me we did the right thing." Her hand moved to trace circles on his stomach. His skin tingled as his love for her surfaced in every pore. He suddenly pulled his wife tight against him, embracing her warmth, inhaling her scent. He nuzzled her hair and whispered into her ear.

"I once wondered what would become of you, Wyn Fel." His palms found the small of her back. "Now I know."

I'm so happy for them.

Another wonderful job. I doubt I had to tell you though.

4. jedi_of_ennth

jedi_of_ennth Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 1, 2005
    Just the idea of Jacen doing something impetuous was enough to make me read this! :p Very nice vig. :)

"Or perhaps more to the point, Soontir won't be in any hurry to give Han a tactical advantage in the grandfather department."

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Jacen?s foolish grin emulated his father?s crooked smile. ?May I ? announce to you all ? my wife, Wyn Fel Solo.?

:eek: Now that I didn't see coming! :p

5. ZekksGoddess

ZekksGoddess Jedi Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]
    Must....catch...breath....

6. oldjedinurse

Oct 6, 2003
    Lady_Jedi_Carenix:

Wow! I really liked the build up and I had no idea who it was until she was actually introduced. A nice fluffy mushy read.
    ;) Ooh. I like that category - "fluffy mushy". Thanks a lot for reading, glad you enjoyed it.

Lola64:

Good for Jacen! I was wondering if we knew her. And it was Wyn?
    :) Made you wonder...!!

I'm so happy for them.
    [face_love] Awwwwww...

Another wonderful job. I doubt I had to tell you though.
    [face_blush] Thanks, again, Lola. And, hey, I'm never sure whether any of this is worth reading!

jedi_of_ennth:

Just the idea of Jacen doing something impetuous was enough to make me read this! Very nice vig.
    [face_batting] Why thank you! Not many people think Jacen is capable of "impetuous"...

Now that I didn't see coming!
    [face_laugh] Gotcha!

ZekksGoddess:

Must....catch...breath....
    :D Hope...you...have...

Thanks for the R&R everyone!

oldj

7. oldjedinurse

Oct 6, 2003
    Up
    UpUp
    UpUpUp
    UpUpUpUp
    UpUpUpUpUp
    UpUp
    UpUp
    UpUp
    UpUp
    UpUp
    UpUp
    UpUp
    UpUp

Poor much-maligned, disliked, stomped on, laughed at, sneered at, meditating, philosophizing, egg-head, un-Jaina-like, wandering bundle-of-Solo-Skywalker-genes Jacen.

Can't he be happy too?

8. ari_stormset

ari_stormset Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 7, 2005
    (chuckles) Leave it to Jacen to break every rule. He does that more than Jaina, I think--Jaina skates on the edge, line-toeing and whatnot. Jacen just does what he's going to do.

Wyn Fel--I keep hearing her as a choice for Jacen's love interest...what was your motivation for such? I hadn't thought of it, until I started reading fanfiction. Anything in particular?

Peace, and--I forgot! Good job! :p

~Ari.

9. WynssaStarflare

WynssaStarflare Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2004
    [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]:D Great story. Of all the people I thought who could've been paired with Jacen, Wyn was definately not one I thought of. Everyone's reactions were priceless! :D
    --Wynssa

10. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    Cute!

Especially the last line. The whole thing made me giggle. Very fun stuff.

Is it too soon to ask for more?

11. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    Or perhaps more to the point, Soontir won't be in any hurry to give Han a tactical advantage in the grandfather department."

[face_laugh] OH the suspense was killing me all throughout this, WHO IS IT? My great evil Padawan! [face_love] You had me giggling all through out this.

And the reaction to Wyn and Jacen! PRECIOUS! :D Wonderful job! [face_love]

12. oldjedinurse

Oct 6, 2003
    Ari:

(chuckles) Leave it to Jacen to break every rule. He does that more than Jaina, I think--Jaina skates on the edge, line-toeing and whatnot. Jacen just does what he's going to do.
    [face_thinking] Very astute observation. Yes, Jacen does do whatever he intends - and often goes unnoticed for it.

Wyn Fel--I keep hearing her as a choice for Jacen's love interest...what was your motivation for such? I hadn't thought of it, until I started reading fanfiction. Anything in particular?
    :) One of the last thoughts in this viggie, "What will become of you, Wyn Fel?" is a line from page 309 of Force Heretic II: Refugee. Jacen saves Wyn's life and when he reports to Luke that he and Wyn are okay, Luke says "And Jacen? Don't assume that everything that happened here has been unimportant. The smallest action can have the largest consequences...consequences we can only guess at right now." Following that, Jacen observes to himself, "Perhaps saving Wyn will allow her to achieve her ambition...the girl could easily follow in her brother's footsteps." Jacen also "sensed strength and determination in her, as well as a keen intellect. If she wanted to do something badly enough, he had no doubt that she would find a way." That scene stuck with me. I always thought Wyn had a bit of a crush on Jacen, and when Sean Williams and Shane Dix wrote that scene, for whatever reason I never forgot it.

That idea is also another reflection of Luke's thoughts after saving Mara's life at the end of Dark Force Rising by Tim Zahn when he "Wonder[ed] why it had been so important for him to rescue Mara in the first place." And we all know what happened to those two!

Plus, I think there are definite comedic possibilities in the Solo twins each marrying a Fel...

Peace, and--I forgot! Good job!
    [face_batting] Thanks, again, Ari!

Wynssa:

Great story. Of all the people I thought who could've been paired with Jacen, Wyn was definately not one I thought of. Everyone's reactions were priceless!
    ;) Thanks! I wish I could have written more about their individual reactions, but I didn't want to write another epic! :p

Jedi_Jaina_Durron:

Cute! Especially the last line. The whole thing made me giggle. Very fun stuff.
    :D Glad you liked it!

Is it too soon to ask for more?
    :eek: Uh, oh. You want more???? 8-}

t_s:

OH the suspense was killing me all throughout this, WHO IS IT? My great evil Padawan! You had me giggling all through out this.
    [face_devil] Fun to think of my Master giggling...

And the reaction to Wyn and Jacen! PRECIOUS! Wonderful job!
    :) I hate surprises myself, but they look great on other people! Thanks, t_s.

oldj @};-

13. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    "I once wondered what would become of you, Wyn Fel." His palms found the small of her back. "Now I know."

Awww!!! That was so beautiful!! I loved that it was Wyn--I was expecting Tahiri . . .

14. oldjedinurse

Oct 6, 2003
    Nat:

[face_laugh] Gotcha!

oldj

15. jaynasolofel

jaynasolofel Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2003
    oldjedinurse

This was very suspenseful (I am proud of myself for not scrolling down to the reveal!) and sweet.

And Wyn was a big surprise.

Great work.

JaY

16. oldjedinurse

Oct 6, 2003
    jaynasolofel:

This was very suspenseful (I am proud of myself for not scrolling down to the reveal!) and sweet. And Wyn was a big surprise. Great work.
    ;) I'm really pleased that you were surprised! Thanks for the R&R - glad you liked it!

oldj

17. oldjedinurse

Oct 6, 2003
    8-}

Okay, since I wrote this piece of fluff, I can't get rid of the baby bunnies its parents created. So, although this was intended as a one-off viggie, I'm going to have to write some more just to get some peace and quiet around the house.

oldj [face_batting]

18. oldjedinurse

Oct 6, 2003
    Part Two kind of wrote itself in the last hour.

Part Two: Jag and Jaina

?Maybe she?s pregnant!?

Jaina smacked the back of her husband?s head.

?Jag! Will you just give it up and go to sleep! She?s NOT pregnant!?

?How do you know??

Jaina rolled her eyes in the dark. ?Oh for Force? sake. Will you give her a break? I know she?s your baby sister, but she?s grown up and has every right to get married if she wants to. Just because they eloped in a hurry doesn't mean she's pregnant!? He didn?t respond, so Jaina pondered her words for a few moments.

Then she smacked him again.

?Ouch! Will you stop that?? Jag rubbed the back of his head.

?I?ll stop that when you stop acting like an idiot. Besides, what do you have against my brother??

?Nothing!?

?Then stop insulting him. You think he?s not good enough for your sister?? Jaina wished Jag could see her glaring at him. She flicked a light on.

A long, dramatic sigh emanated from his side of the bed. ?You know I like Jacen a lot. We're like real brothers. Its not that." Now he sounded huffy. "She's too young."

Jaina took hold of his shoulder and pulled him onto his back so she could see his face. Just as I thought. You?re really ticked off.

?Oh? And was I too young when we first??

?That was different! And we didn?t get married for years.?

?No. We just lived together. Would you prefer they?d??

?NO!?

"Then why are you so angry, Jag?" He didn't answer. I'm betting you don't really know why, Jaina thought. It was her turn to sigh, but she used the deep breath to calm herself. Let?s try a different course.

?Jag, do you want your sister to be happy??

There was a hesitation before he answered. ?Yes, of course.?

?And do you think Jacen would ever do anything to make her unhappy??

He knew he was about to be trapped. ?Not intentionally, no.?

?Do you believe they love each other??

Jag thought back to the way Wyn?s face changed when she?d talked about Jacen after meeting him in the library on Ac?siel. I thought it was just a crush back then. Maybe it wasn?t ... women always seem to know these things before men do.

?Its possible.?

?Oh. That?s a ringing endorsement!?

?Okay. Okay.? The way they looked at each other, stayed close to one another last night.

?Yes, I think they do love each other.? Because they were behaving a lot like we do.

?Then what?s the problem? Jacen is the kindest person I know, next to Uncle Luke. He?ll take good care of her. And they're so happy together. Isn?t that what everyone wants? Why can?t you be happy for Wyn? Yesterday, when we were talking about Jace, you said, ?Jay, how about we try being happy for him??

Well, how about you try being happy for both of them??

Kill shot. There you go, Fel. Your own words back to haunt you. Jag sat up to hold his head in his hands for a moment. He felt Jaina sit up and put her arm around his shoulder.

She waited for him to think about it.

?Okay, Jay. You?re right. You win. If I stay angry, I?ll just hurt Wyn ? and I don?t want to do that.

But its going to take me a while to get used to this.?

Jaina smiled and kissed his shoulder. ?Its going to take everyone a while to get used to this. They pulled off a pretty big surprise! Just remember it?s a happy one.?

Jag nodded in agreement.

?But if she?s pregnant, I swear I?ll??

Jaina?s head made a loud *thump* as it fell back onto her pillow. And I married this man, why exactly?

19. val solo

val solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 22, 2000
    Oh, I like this! The surprise of Jacen's wife was excellently built up. And I remember thinking some of those same thoughts when I read those same scenes with Wyn and Jacen. Her crush was very obvious. [face_love] And your interaction between the couples is very realistic and entertaining. Keep writing, please!

20. oldjedinurse

Oct 6, 2003
    val_solo:

The surprise of Jacen's wife was excellently built up. And I remember thinking some of those same thoughts when I read those same scenes with Wyn and Jacen. Her crush was very obvious. And your interaction between the couples is very realistic and entertaining.
    :D Thanks - I'm glad it was a surprise! I'm sure more than a few of us had some of those thoughts. In the novels it felt like a preview ... that there was something more to come.... And I appreciate that you feel the couples are realistic. That's always my goal.

Oh, I like this! ... Keep writing, please!
    ;) Thanks again! I believe I will...

oldj

21. ChissGoddess

ChissGoddess Jedi Master star 3

Jan 29, 2004
    haha, I love this fic. I don't think I've ever come across anything quite like it ^_^. A fresh new idea from OJN.

But now the weird part...imagine if you had a sibling and you married someone with a sibling...and then their sibling married yours...that would be so freaking weird. I mean I guess it would make Christmas easier with everyone having the same inlaws and what not...but still! Weirdness.

But anyways, I like the Wyn, Jacen pairing...I mean why not? TK and Danni aren't that great...and Wyn's a good option I guess.

Kudos OJN -- can't wait for the next post!
    -Lee Ann

22. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    I can't believe I missed this when you first posted it! :eek:

Great job, here! :D Very amusing and surprising! The whole first post I was wracking my brains as to who it could be and you totally surprised me! Awesome job!

And I just love Jaina and Jag in that last post. Very amusing indeed. [face_laugh]

Can't wait for more. :D :D

23. jedi_of_ennth

jedi_of_ennth Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 1, 2005
    [face_laugh] It's neat to see Jag as the protective big brother! :)

24. zettazofia

zettazofia Jedi Master star 2

Apr 12, 2004
    I can't belive I didn't see this before!
    One of my favorite pairings is Jacen/Wyn, actually, so this was really great. I loved all the drama in the first part, and how everyone reacted the same way.
    And of course, loved how Jacen introduced Wyn to her own family. lol. I had wondered where she was, and was hopeful...
    Jag being the protective older brother is just perfect. That's his little sister and now somebody's married to her... lol. Poor guy.
    Great job with this. I hope there's more to come. :)
    -Zetta

25. Mirax_Corran

Mirax_Corran Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2005
    *didn't see fic*

*really loves fic*

?But if she?s pregnant, I swear I?ll??

Jaina?s head made a loud *thump* as it fell back onto her pillow. And I married this man, why exactly?

That was so funny! The whole second part was just hilarious, but I liked that one because I read a fic a while back where Winter was pregnant and Tycho was calling her every few minutes, and she asked Wedge to give him more to do, and Wedge said that even if he had more to do, he would still call her, because that's what Tycho's like, and that that was probably why she married him. Same situation, eh?

Great work, oldj!

'M'

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.