main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Evan, IN *Important Announcement*

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by JediMasterJaina, Jun 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMasterJaina

JediMasterJaina Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2003
    To the Eville Jedi,

In light of the current state of the E?Ville Jedi, certain members, namely the majority of the current members holding office, have come to a decision regarding the club and fandom in the tri-state in general.

First and foremost, this decision is not intended to reflect poorly on any member of this club. We appreciate all members, and we understand that ?Darth Real Life? and other things may take away from the time members would like to spend attending club activities. But, we also feel that the limitations of this club, in that it is essentially a ?Star Wars? themed club, hamper our ability to get and keep new members. The sci-fi world is just larger than that.

We, as the current governing body, feel that we?ve made a commendable effort to encourage attendance at meetings and events, and to make the meetings diverse and enjoyable. But, we also feel the our energies are being channeled into a club that may now have limited appeal.

Our decision, as mentioned before, comes in two parts. The first part of the decision entails stepping down from our current positions in the E?Ville Jedi. We are not disbanding the club, and we welcome any current members who wish to step into those offices that will be left open by our resignation. JediMasterJaina will remain in the office of CR to facilitate the transition for the new CR.

The second part of our decision is to form another, more open and diverse club for fans of all kinds of speculative fiction and related activities. We would hope that everyone understands that there is no malice or ulterior motives in this decision, and that all who read this message are welcome to join us. Our goal is make this an open club with wider appeal.

We all still love Star Wars, and it will still be a part of this new club. However, with all that the world of speculative fiction has to offer, such as sci-fi, fantasy, horror, superheroes and more in every medium, the club should reflect these interests as well.

Sincerely,
    JediMasterJaina, Stackpole_the_Hobbit, Ulkesh2, Mike-El, and TI9362

2. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Wish you the best of luck.

3. Mike-El

Mike-El Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 16, 2006
    Echo-3,

1st and foremost thank you, we appreciate it.

2nd would it be permissible for JMJ or another member to
    post a link to the new club so both existing and fomer members
    of whom we may not have reliable contact information, will have
    a way to contact and maintain the friendships that they found while
    they were members of the Eville Jedi?

We feel that discussing (innergeeks) club business here would be
    in poor taste and we didn't want to post any info that may be
    interpreted as a conflict of interest with theforce.net

Thanks,
    Michael

4. capnfatpants

capnfatpants Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 20, 2006
    I'm surprised the club didn't officially branch out sooner! I think it's a great idea, and might breathe some life and new membership into the club.

Please send me the info... Darth Real Life is still blasting my aft shields, but I'm interested in whatever you guys put together.

To whomever takes over the E'ville Jedi: I'm still interested in whatever goes on here too. Hopefully the two clubs can share resources/members/events, etc.

5. MusicTrooper

MusicTrooper Jedi Master star 4

Feb 22, 2005
    Always good to see clubs growing and expanding. All Star Wars boards I visit, have lots
    of other Sci-Fi and non Sci-fi activities and interests and games and etc etc etc.

I say, let us know of any links of any kind that are of interest:)

I am always suggesting, therpf.com for those who are interested.

Looking forward to all

MT

6. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    No problem guys. So happy to do anything I can to help.And please feel free to post here about anything. It's not written anywhere you have to only talk SW. My FF talk tech all the time among other things.

7. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    Guys, there is NO reason why you cannot officially make your FanForce chapter an all encompassing Sci-Fi/fantasy/whatever you like club. Other chapters have done it, and it's really not a problem. Rename and rebrand to your hearts content!

There's really no need to change all your bookmarks!

8. capnfatpants

Mar 20, 2006
    Sadly - I think it's probably too late. The other board is now "alive and kicking" (to quote Simple Minds).

Perhaps we can get some fresh blood on here and keep the E'ville Jedi Order active, in addition to the activity on the new front.

--Kev

9. TK-1945

TK-1945 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2007
    Um...where's the link to this new forum?

Oh and I plan on still lurking here.

10. GeekGoddess

GeekGoddess Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2005
    I know a certain red-head that better be getting a certain link then... ;) I don't get to keep in contact with y'all as much as I'd like as it is, let alone if you move on me and don't tell me where.

11. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Stackpole_The_Hobbit Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    In the interest of not pissing off the vengeful gingers :p

http://innergeeks.forumotion.net/forum.htm

12. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    Well I hope you guys still think of us and come back for a visit. Best of luck. And really, Dont hesitate to come back if that board dosent work out.

13. capnfatpants

Mar 20, 2006
    I don't know for sure - but I think some of us will still be around...

14. MusicTrooper

MusicTrooper Jedi Master star 4

Feb 22, 2005
    I like lurking and then posting at random:D

http://io9.com/5303989/tie-fighter-playhouse-recruiting-for-the-dark-side-early

15. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    Iv taken to heart your discussion to move on to another board and the reason, so I started a sticky thread on our FF for everything else. I'll miss you guys.

Eric

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.