main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Victoria. BC IMPORTANT - CELEBRATION III - Do We Need/Want Representation?

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by haruwindsong, Jan 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. haruwindsong

haruwindsong Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 2, 2004
    Here is an article off the SW Insider site. Personally I think it is quite important and we (all of the Jedi Council) should be considering requesting space to advertise ourselves. I have a few ideas on how to promote ourselves.

[face_worried] [face_thinking]

starwars.com Community News Article

Star Wars Fans -- The Heartbeat of Celebration III
    December 20, 2004

Exhibit Hall C
    Indiana Convention Center
    Thursday, April 21, 12 Noon through Sunday, April 24, 4:00 PM
    Times, locations, and fan groups may change. Please check www.starwars.com/c3 and www.starwarscelebration.com for updates.

At the heart of Star Wars Celebration III, coming this April to Indianapolis, will be the huge Fan Fair Exhibit Hall featuring events and displays designed by Star Wars fans especially for the show. Local, regional, and web-based fan groups were given the opportunity to apply for free space in the hall, to be able to share their love of Star Wars with other fans from all over the world. Here are the Star Wars fan groups that turned in great resumes, and were chosen to be part of the vibrant Fan Fair. Each club may boast a quality Star Wars organization, but what really sets them apart is their commitment to the larger community outside of their shared Star Wars interests. You'll find their members, along with a good sampling of what the clubs have to offer, in the Fan Fair Exhibit Hall, now planned for Hall C of the Indiana Convention Center.

Chicago Force
    Chicago Force has been going strong since the founding members first met lining up for The Phantom Menace in 1999. Over the years the club has flourished, demonstrating time and again that new ideas and hard work, combined with first-rate organization, can keep a club going even between Star Wars films. Two of the items Chicago Force will be giving away at their table in the Fan Fair Hall are booklets titled "Every Journey Has a First Step...So, You Want to Start a Star Wars Fan Club..." and "So we've defeated the Empire...now what? Keeping your Star Wars Fan Club running."

DC Metro Star Wars Collecting Club
    The Washington, D.C. area club helps collectors share ideas and that all-important information on how to hunt down the best collectibles. Members trade collectibles at monthly meetings, listen to collecting presentations, offer their hard work for community causes, and socialize with others who share their Star Wars collecting passion. The group will share give-aways at their table, as well as information on how to join them in the hunt.

Emperor's Hammer
    The Emperor's Hammer Internet-based gaming club has been flying strong since 1994. The group's priority is to provide a quality gaming experience for each member by "using every single Star Wars game released by LucasArts...." At Celebration III the group plans to recruit with give-away bumper stickers, pamphlets, and more. Emperor's Hammer members will be available to answer any questions about the group and all its game subgroups.

FanForce
    Members of the FanForce online group describe themselves as a "force of fans" dedicated to enjoying the Star Wars experience. From hosting the Mr. Star Wars competition at Dragon*Con in Atlanta to helping restore the X-wing model at the Wings Over the Rockies Museum in Denver, FanForce members are typically busy improving their surroundings. Their main goals at Celebration III are to get the word out about their activities and invite fans to join in the fun.

Indy Knights
    "Hoosier Daddy, Luke?" The Indy Knights are the home town fan group for Celebration III, and are ready to welcome fans from all over the world as they did for Celebration II in 2002. The group, which has a number of active sub-groups (collectors, costumers, book fans, and more), will be answering questions about their city and raffling Star Wars prizes donated by their members. The Indy Knights work in close association with the Indiana branch of the 501st Legion, the Bloodfin Garrison.

Jedi Assembly
    The Jedi Assembly brings "Balance to the Force" as a unique group of Jedi costumers. Just a fledgl

2. TR0773

TR0773 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 22, 2003
    If anyone other than myself my girlfriend and one of my buddies is going from the BC area. Representation at the booths has already been taken care of for us. Unless you specifically want to represent BC or Canada, If you want to participate at a booth you should contact the Fanforce or Pacific Force groups that have already laid plans on for a booth. I believe the proposals and booth reservation time limit has passed. Don't take my word for it however, but these groups have been planning there booths and events months ago. If your going and want to plan anything right now its to get your hotel room!

3. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    Haru is going, too, Randy. :)

It would be good to meet up with the reps from the PacReg group and the other Canadian FF reps, and we should get in touch with them and send some of Base flyers along for both booths. It's a good opportunity, and they are a fun bunch of fans. We aren't a big enough or active enough group to justify our own booth, but if we get in touch with PacReg and CanFF with a good flyer design and contact info, we can have representation at both booths.

*Derisa*

4. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    When are you leaving and when are you coming back, Haru?

5. haruwindsong

Aug 2, 2004
    I shall be departing early morning (with the boydies) 20 Apr and returning after the dickies have collapsed for the night 25 Apr 05.

6. haruwindsong

Aug 2, 2004
    Had a good time. Worked 22.5 hours volunteering. Insanity. Robin says last count was: 20,000 pre-registered, topped up to 50,000 attendees total over the four days! Saw George --- wouldn't have if I hadn't been volunteering. Special thanks to Randy and his financee for helping Robin to get in, too. Saw far TOO much about ROTS. Came down with laryngitis Thurs evening and had absolutely NO voice all weekend. Sucked not to be able to scream my gratitude to George --- I just waved my arms a lot!

I think we can "kill" this topic, guys.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.