main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Improving TLJ Thread

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Tremblingblustar, Mar 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tremblingblustar

Tremblingblustar Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 14, 2018
    I know The Last Jedi has people who love it. A lot. It also has people who hate it. A lot. Regardless where you stand, I think most agree it disregarded most of the setup from TFA, whether for good reasons or not.

Over the past few years, I wrote alternate versions of Episode I and II, and thought I'd do the same for TLJ. However, this is only an outline. I don't have time to devote to an entire script, as I did with the other two. I wanted to get some thoughts on my ideas, what doesn't work or does.

Note: This was done for fun. I don't hate TLJ, and don't want or believe Disney will ever de-canonize any of their films. So please don't think I'm approaching this from the "TLJ sucks and needs to be replaced" angle. I was hugely disappointed in the film overall, but don't want to ruin the enjoyment others get from it.

That out of the way, here is my site with the outline.
    [Removed]

It's not a short read, so the condensed version is a year after TFA, Luke is rebuilding the Jedi Order and searching for the location of Jedi temples. Kylo wants to find the former Sith homeworld and whatever secrets it contains, and the first act is Rey, Po, and Finn stealing the coordinates for the planet from the FO. The second act has the Resistance battling the FO over a planet under FO control and liberating it. In the third act, they find out the disk with the Sith homeworld is encrypted, so they go to Canto Blight to hire a former Imperial codebreaker to decrypt it. The final act has Rey traveling to a Sith temple where she confronts Kylo, who has been in contact with Rey like in TLJ and tells her he will reveal her origin if she meets him there. The story ends with Rey missing, either willingly or not, and sets up the next film where Luke and the rest need to get her back.

Even though I wrote it, I realize it has some problems, such as being about finding the location of a planet - the same thing TFA was about, even if it is for different reasons, and the location isn't magically dropped in the protagonists lap at the very end.

Anyway, thoughts would be appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2018
  2. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    This isn't the place to promote your AU fan fiction, or your site, and the "improving TLJ" discussion can go in the "What would you change" thread.

Locking.

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.