main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming In a grim dark far future there is only war - A thread for Warhammer 40k

Discussion in 'Community' started by Gamiel, May 23, 2020.

1. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Rough Rider units would be a bit fitting with the DA's third and forth theme (knights and indians), you could use AoS cavellry units to reprecent Rough Riders, maybe ad some bits from 40k kits.

If you want to go with the DA's indian theme with the support do I suggest taking a look at Wargames Foundry Miniatures , I think they are of similar size as GW and they have lots of historical minatures, both on horse and on foot.

2. anakincol

anakincol Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2009
    Thanks.

I will take a look at them.

3. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    The Cawdor Gangs' look have a moonkish appearance and their masks work well with the DA's secrets theme. You may want to swap their weapons for something less clubbed together looking and more befitting SM auxilla. Uless the jury rigged look fit with your story.

anakincol likes this.
  4. anakincol

Jul 28, 2009
    I think they will be it.

I just wish either gw or forge world made weapon upgrade sprues for auxilia/guard like they do for the Space marines

5. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I think that the arms for most of their modern human models fith togheter relativly easily, so you could use skitarii (or other Necromunda gangers') arms/weapons to give them a more high-tech look.

Also, they (by the way of Forge World) make upgrade spruce for their Necromunda figures: Boxed Games | Forge World Webstore

6. anakincol

Jul 28, 2009
    Yeah only thing is I would really like to give them Cadian or Catachan style lasguns which are not part of the necromunda upgrades. I may just get the Cawdor heads for the hoods put them on Cadian bodies and green stuff some robes.

Also I am going to get a least one guard tank. Maybe a bane blade.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2021
  7. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  8. anakincol

Jul 28, 2009
    I have half my assault intercessors painted as Ultra Marines 4th company.

[​IMG]

So green trim on shoulder like this instead of the more common 2nd company(Commander by Cato Sicarius) gold trim. The other half of the assault interceptors are primed and base coated and I will be doing the detail work today as well as a Primaris Lt. In regular Tactitus armor and a Reiver Lt.)

Sadly the Eradictators got a points increase today.making them more costly as a troop choice.

Gamiel likes this.
  9. anakincol

Jul 28, 2009
  10. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Or it would creat the Eye of Terra real space storm :p

anakincol likes this.
  11. anakincol

Jul 28, 2009
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ultramarines lt. For the 4th company

Gamiel likes this.
  12. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012

Iron_lord likes this.
  13. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Since we have DA players here:

anakincol and Iron_lord like this.
  14. anakincol

Jul 28, 2009
    Thanks

15. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    anakincol and Gamiel like this.
  16. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012

anakincol likes this.
  17. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  18. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    @anakincol if you plan to create a successor Chapter to the DA of your own (or use one that's only a name) would I just want to mention that the Blood Angels Death Company box has a sculptured shoulder-pad that you could have as the Chapter symbol for the leader if you go with an Angel-theme:

[​IMG]
    (the box also have some other stuff that could be of interest)

Also the Blood Angels Chaplain with jump pack also have one with a more morbid design.
    [​IMG]

19. anakincol

Jul 28, 2009
    Currently working in Ultra Marines 4Th the company.

I will keep that in mind for future stuff. The Chaplain with jump pack is a definite going to due one for my regular dark angels just with a regular DA shoulder.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2021
  20. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Questions:
    + Do we know if Dark Angels successors also duel with the Space Wolves when meeting?

+ Do anybody know of any Dark Angel stories where there is no apperance of the Fallen or the hunt of them?

+ Do anybody know of any stories where Space Marines has to work togheter with xenos, that are not aeldari?

+ Do anybody know of any stories where a Dark Angels successor chapter is the focus, or have a big role?

+ Do anybody know of any stories where Space Marines interact with Imperial Knights?

21. anakincol

Jul 28, 2009

1. Yes. All Unforgiven Chapters participate in the honor duels.

2. Yes. The Eye of Ezekiel novel is Dark Angels, Imperial Guard, local PDF and Mechicanicus vs Orks.

Pandorax novel is Dark Angels, Guard, Grey Knights, Local PDF and Inquisition against Black Legion, Red Corsairs, Daemons and Plague Zombies.

Purging of Kallidus is Dark Angels and Piscinia PDF vs Orks this later ties into a sequel that features Fallen.

Also the Dark Angels are in the Space Wolves novel Angels of Darkness.

3.War of Secrets novel has Dark Angels enter a brief alliance with Tau.

4.No major novels that star Dark Angels successors though several dark angels books feature characters from the successors. The Consecrators and Knights of the Blood are in the Azrael novella and The novel the Unforgiven fighting alongside the primogenitor chapter. Nakir, Chapter master of the Consecrators is a pretty cool character. Think Indiana Jones as a Space Marine. The Angels of Absolution get corrupted by a fallen angel in War of Secrets leading to the aforementioned temporary alliance between the Dark Angels and Tau.

5.The horus heresy Novels Vengeful Spirit Which covers the battle of Molech and Titan Death with covers the battle of Beta Garmon feature stories where Space Marines interact with the Knight Houses.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2021
    Gamiel and Iron_lord like this.
  22. anakincol

Jul 28, 2009
    Put together a first born tactical squad today for my ultramarines 4th company. All 10 marines. Used the Ultra marine upgrade kit for the shoulders for all of them an chest armor for the sergeant.

Sergeant has the traditional ultramarine Cingulum( leather belt with studs based on the the one worn in the real Roman legions which had the same name), bolt pistol and gladius style power sword along with a small back banner. Did a bare head with the tacticool mohawk for the head, then I carefully cut a helmet from the spure and trimmed off the little nub on the bottom of the helmet bit so that that area was flat so I could glue the helmet to the upper thigh /belt area so it appears maglocked to his armor.

Rest of squad standard bolters. I have left the bolters on the spure and will prime them on the sprue so I can paint everything on the chest of the guys without the bolters in the way and than when thats finished glue the bolters and paint them.

Look for the sergeant is going to be similar to this

[​IMG]

But with green trim for 4th company instead of gold. No breath mask, and a gladius instead of the chainsword.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2021
    Gamiel likes this.
  23. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Anybody here (we are not really that many really commenting actually) planning to do a Blood Angels successor Chapter? If so than here are two videos that will be of interest (the first one is of interest for anybody planing to do any kind of successor Chapter):

Iron_lord and anakincol like this.
  24. anakincol

Jul 28, 2009
    No, but those where some very good episodes. The successor chapter one especially because it can be used for any homebrew chapter.

I have seen too many who make A hombrew chapter try lore breaking stuff or use things that have become so common their tropes(like having marines from the Heresy/Great Crusade who got lost in the Warp show up)

Last edited: Jan 20, 2021
    Iron_lord likes this.
  25. anakincol

Jul 28, 2009
    @Gamiel, @Iron_lord or any else.

Have any of you picked up Marvel's Calgar series.

When Marvel announced the series last year I was worried because well its a Disney owned company doing Warhammer.

I have been pleasantly surprised though than again Kieron Gillian is probably one of the few people in the comics industry currently that continuously produces good stuff so maybe I should not n have been.