main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming In a grim dark far future there is only war - A thread for Warhammer 40k

Discussion in 'Community' started by Gamiel, May 23, 2020.

1. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Underneath the camouflage skin, it looks kind of like a Doom imp, with that shade of grey-brown.

2. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Commenting on some older news:
    LVO 2023 – Strike Force Agastus Makes Planetfall With New Desolation Marines and Dreadnought - a new box with a completly new primaris unit: the Desolation Squad, who are long-range heavy support, a new close-combat dreadnought and a new Primaris Lieutenant with a wide variety of build options.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I personally have no real opinion regarding the Desolation Squad beside it's nice for the primaris to have a heavy support now, the same for the dread'. The Lieutenant on the other hand is nice and it's nice that he is not a mono-build.

There is anew HH tank - LVO 2023 – The Cerberus Heavy Tank Destroyer Eats Lesser Tanks for Breakfast - that can also be used in 40k:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I personally have no real opinion regarding it beside it's nice for the tank lovers.

But the big 40k thing, I think was LVO 2023 – Play the Ultimate Game of Cops and Robbers With Kill Team: Soulshackle

We finally have Brothers of Battle Adeptus Arbites again, and a uppgrade kit for the Drukari

[​IMG]

I can see some real interesting uses for the Arbites - like alternative Knight-pilots, Tempestus Scions, IG elite, =][= agents, useing the bodies as base for a IG force, maybe even use them as SM scout, among other - or just use them as a bits-mine.

But the thing that I think was the main reveal of the whole event was LVO 2023 – A New Slann Starmaster Spawns Alongside Fresh Seraphon

Seraphon was given a much needed large update! For the 40k people that means we have more space-Mesoamerican-ish bits for Chapters/Regiments/Warbands/such inspiered by that culture, new steeds for our Rough Riders with the Raptadons -
    [​IMG]

- who could also be usead as count-as-Fenrisian wolves/similar without the rider, new parts for the Tau players to use to creat Auxiliaries forces or for kill team people to creat xeno kill team (count-as-something). You can also just use some part of the new kits to personlise your forces, like the new Saurus warriors' shileds or Raptadon head crests on your CSM would make them stand out, even if you don't use any other parts or have them as mesoamerican-ish.

There was also that Warcry got two new warbands LVO 2023 – Monastic Vampires and Flesh Hound Aficionados Tear Into Warcry

The Askurgan Trueblades -
    [​IMG]
    - who can be use as the base for psykers, IG officers, imperial nobles, =][= agents or even Inquisitors themself, Blood Angel successor underlings, or similar.

And the Claws of Karanak -
    [​IMG]
    - who are bitsmines for any Khorn player.

I can see both of them used in Necromunda as they are or with some kitbashing/conversions.

Iron_lord likes this.
  3. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Sharing some things to show that you can get rather far with just a different paintjob, head swaps, use of the upgrade kits and/or backpack swaps:
    Space Wolves senior officer! by denofimagination on DeviantArt
    [​IMG]

Space Wolves by denofimagination on DeviantArt
    [​IMG]

Yes a bit more than that had been done for some of the figures (like the weapon swap and the beast skull on the shield) but even without those things done would the other things be more than enought to change theose figures impression.

Similar is this Angron by J. F. Dubeau that uses the original World Eaters colours, giving him a notably different feel :
    [​IMG]

from this article Angron Painted – Community Painters Use Gallons of Red With Spectacular Results which also have this example of not making it easy for yourself by Pete Harrison, a.k.a. Pete the Wargamer, who converted Angron inte a Khorn-daemon Leman Russ:
    [​IMG]

Here is his video showing how he did it:

While we are talking kitbashes nd covertions did WarCom have an article about using the new IG models to creat genestealer cultists and brood brothers, sharing the pics here but follow the link to read the talk around them:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Iron_lord likes this.
  4. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    There are many snake themed forces in 40k - like the Chaos warbands Steel Cobras, Masters of the Crystal Serpent, Serpentine Scourge, and Armoured Serpents, there is also the Predator Legion who where ones know as Serpents of Light, and any Alpha Legion warband really. The SM chapters Blood Vipers, Black Vipers, Rift Cobras, Howling Serpents, Vipers Penitent, Viper Legion, Iron Snakes and maybe surviving loyal members of the aforementioned Serpents of Light (or maybe their name was reused during a later founding?). The Drukai Kabal of the Poisoned Tongue, and Kabal of the Forked Tongue - and the Seraphons have lots of snake based standards, bling and other bits, and that's something that could be used to personlise forces with with a snake theme. There also The Splintered Fang, and you don't need to be Alpha Legion to use the snakey Alpha Legion upgrade kits parts for your serpentine chapter. And the Black Ark Corsairs has some snake standard "heads" and transfers.

Iron_lord likes this.
  5. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Paint 10 Imperial Guard Regiments (Part 2) - YouTube

Next part: Cadian Kitbashes Part II – Creating Loyalist Regiments. As before just sharing the pics here but follow the link to read the talk around them:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Iron_lord likes this.
  6. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    A question regarding one of the plot twists in Prospero Burns, behind the spoiler since even though has been a long time since it was released is the twist not something that feel as spread out as the things in Legion or Deathfire:
    since everything we learn about the Space Wolves in that book is though Kasper Ansbach Hawser/Ahmad Ibn Rustah and we later find out that he is a plant and the Wolves know he is a plant, can we really trust anything that we learn about the Wolves? After all, one of the returning themes about Russ and the SW in the HH is that they are a lot more clever and capable of subtility then they make themself appear, so what say they have not just been showing very specific things about themself to Kasper/Ahmad (which they admit to his face) but have outright lied to him about stuff?

7. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
  8. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Some late news:

Necromunda have given use some new Enforcer servitors:

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Read more about it here: The ‘Sanctioner’ Pattern Automaton Is a Ogryn-sized Dreadnought Violently Enforcing Lord Helmawr’s Peace

I can see a use for them by any imperial force as count-as or the base for asweet conversion. Personally I want to see five of them painted up as ABC Warriors

Can also see them used in Titanicus as some kind of mega-ûber-titan.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In AoS the Seraphon's have more new stuff:

[​IMG]

Exelent for some hostile xeno-fauna, Drukai beast master pet, or Salamander Chapter tag along animal.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some new, news:
    From the Warhammer World Open Day event we have for now gotten:

A return of the Tau arch-traitor Farsight:

[​IMG][​IMG]
    (That looks like the symbol for the Hexagrammaton on his right arm, but could just be a Hexagrammic Ward or something similar for all we know)

I want to take that suit, remove the back-jets and exchange the head with an SM helmet/big skull/imperial 'robot' head just to see how that would look.

And he comes with a new Boarding Patrol:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A return of Boss Snikrot (cant post the video since it's of some reason not upp on 'tube, follow the link to see it)
    [​IMG]

And he also comes with a new Boarding Patrol:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And Age of Sigmar have gotten two new Chaos heroes:

Always nice to see more female reprecentation when it comes to the easily very over-matcho Khorne followers.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

More about them here and here

For 40k can I seem them easily converted into 40k-versions of what they are (or just use them as they are), or as bases for Necromunda champions or =][= followers.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2023
    Iron_lord likes this.
  9. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Gamiel likes this.
  10. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012

Interesting that his right pauldron is not sculptured.

Iron_lord likes this.
  11. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    It looked to me like the ribbon was sculpted on at the bottom, at least.

12. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Yes but nothing more. No sculptured personal heraldry or the BA's 1th company symbol.

13. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2023
    Gamiel likes this.
  14. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  15. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Drachinifel is one of the most respected naval historians on youtube. He's also widely known for a very dry sense of humor.

Glitterstimm, Gamiel and Iron_lord like this.
  16. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    And part three: Astra Militarum Kitbashes Part III – Enter the Death Korps of Krieg. As before just sharing the pics here but follow the link to read the talk around them:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Iron_lord likes this.
  17. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    some kitbash ideas for IG people:

18. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Gamiel likes this.
  19. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    A big fanmade poster of most of the Space Marine Chapters that we know name, colour and symbol of:
    [​IMG]
    from All Loyalists Space Marine Chapters in alphabetic order [by me] : Warhammer40k (reddit.com)

It's supposed to be in alphabetic order but he has made some mistakes there, and I can also see that his take on the Pale Riders has the wrong colour on his left pauldron, it should be green, not grey.

To my understanding did they also appear in one of the old cardgames but with a different look.

Iron_lord likes this.
  20. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
  21. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    For the people that play HH are there some good news: there are now rules for the Imperialis Militia !

For the ones that dont play HH do I want to point to the illustrations of the article as inspiration for Imperial Guard forces, Chaos cultists, Space Marine or Imperial Knights auxilla:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Like how many of them are just head swaps and a different colour than what we are used to and how effective that is to give another feeling

Iron_lord likes this.
  22. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2023
  23. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2023
    Gamiel likes this.
  24. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    Has anyone played Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous?

I'm going to play Owlcat's next game: Warhammer 40k: Rogue Trader.

Anyone else played their previous games? Or love CPRGs in general?

:D

25. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2023
    Iron_lord likes this.