main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Saga In Love and War - ROTJ-AU - H/L, L/V - Completed!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by LadyPadme, Jan 12, 2003.

1. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002
    LP quickly runs in and snatches

[hl=cyan] POST 100!!! WOOHOO!!![/hl]

2. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    The Yoda characterisation is awesome! You?ve given him a whole new edge. I can?t say I?ve ever gone for his riddles and personality, except when he has a feud with Artoo in ESB over a piece of food. Watching that make me crack up.

I know I?ll see of those moments in this story! Fantastic! For a moment, I thought he was going to reveal Leia was Luke?s sister. I suspect he?s more cautious than that.

I?m eagerly awaiting more!

Am [face_love]

EDIT: Isn't it strange we posted nearly at the same time on our H/L stories? Fate, this is! ;)

3. vader_incarnate

vader_incarnate Jedi Master star 4

Jul 29, 2002
    I love your Yoda, LP! :D :D He's so... well, I love Yoda. ;) He's so much fun. But I have to wonder about his midwifing skills, though. :p Dagnabbit, Am, that was a baaad picture to put into your handmaiden's head. Now you're going to see that popping up in totally random places, too. Like the infamous fish and kiwi and...

*shuts up*

Anyway, LP, I can't wait to ... well, I want milord! :p But ya probably knew that... and I wanna see the twins' reaction when they find out they're twins. :) And good stuff like that. *is rambling again*

So... is it a boy? Can we call 'im... Junior? And, from there, Indy?? Can we call 'im Indy, please please please??

*sighs* Sorry if this isn't very intelligible, but I just had dessert and am on a major sugar-rush...

4. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade VIP star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    A couple of nice, calm, explanatory posts between cliffhangers is just what I need. Gives my poor heart time to recover. :D Wonderful as always, LP! I really do love your Yoda characterization. Backed Leia into a corner, he did. And why exactly are his speech patterns so contagious? Puzzles me, this does. :p

And as for age: I know exactly what you mean. My current mental age is still stuck somewhere around 21, and I've found myself putting my age down on paperwork and thinking, 'I'm not that old, am I? I can't be,' and recalculating only to find that --*gasp*-- I am! Why do you think I'm in denial? ;) I say we stick with the mental ages and be happy with that. :)

5. JediArwen

JediArwen Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 12, 2002
    LadyPadme,
    I liked your Yoda very much. You describe his thoughts, his feelings, his doubts about Luke's training very well. The resemblance between Luke and Anakin and yet the differences, the resemlance betweem Leia and Padme and... -are there any differences? Is your Leia inherited her father's temper as in other stories or not?
    More please soon.
    Lena

6. LovelyLea

LovelyLea Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 17, 2001
    Great post LP! I loved Yoda's telling Leia the way things are--and her obvious disdain for being told ANYTHING!

Great job as always--looking forward to more! :)

7. Puggy

Puggy Jedi Master star 3

Oct 1, 2002
    Ooo yay, new chapter! I like how you made the comparison between Padmé and Leia--how Padmé immediately came to Yoda's mind upon seeing the Princess. I also think Leia learning to be a Jedi will be interesting. She's more stubborn than Luke, and becoming a Jedi doesn't seem to be her top priority!

So, will Luke and Leia find out they're twins? I think someone mentioned this.... But I think it would be interesting to have Leia's reaction about her heritage. She, after all, is carying Darth Vader/Anakin Skywalker's grandchild, and so far, has no idea!

Lovely work LadyPamde. I can't wait for another update!

8. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 13, 2001
    Yes, I agree with the above posters. The characterization of Yoda was wonderful. Yoda is also one of my favorite characters and you've captured him beautifully. :)

9. Diabla

Diabla Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 30, 2002
    Very nice Yoda characterization. Excellent post, are you going to incorperate Vader? Anyway, I can't wait till the next post.
    :D
    -Dia

10. Bri_Windstar

Bri_Windstar Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2002
    I must say, you write a very entertaining AU. I love it! I cant wait for the training sessions to begin; it sounds like that's where the real fun begins :)

How can Leia turn from her true calling?!? [face_shocked] Yoda needs to smack some sense into her w/ that gimer stick of his!!

Wonderful story. I love the fact that updates are rather frequent, and can i just say how happy i am that i didnt have to wait to find out how the cliffe of Leia's cramps was resolved?!

::Windstar Out::

11. StonedRose

StonedRose Jedi Master star 2

Jan 20, 2001
    Oh, cool, I really liked seeing the yoda and Leia interaction. Fun! I also thought Yoda was going to let it slip about them being related, I guess I need to give him a little more credit. Just because *I* would've blabbed, doesn't mean a nine hundred year old jedi would. I also love the frequent updates. I hate when authors start fics and then just abandon them for endless months on end.

*cough*

Anyway, great post, can't wait for more! :)

12. LadyPadme

Sep 26, 2002
    All right, thanks to all this hoopla about Yoda as the midwife, I have re-examined my birth scene and changed some things. [face_devil] I hope you like the direction it takes. Unfortunately, it will not be out for quite some time. Luke and Leia have a lot of things to take care of, first.

Empress: Thank you! I'm so glad you like the way Yoda came out.

Isn't it strange we posted nearly at the same time on our H/L stories? Fate, this is! - Agree completely!

vader_incarnate: Perhaps your sugar intake could be monitored... ;)

Gabri_Jade: Yes, will stick with my mental age. The actual age at which I behave is even younger. My husband insists that between me and our son, he has 2 children to take care of. :)

JediArwen: The resemblance between Luke and Anakin and yet the differences, the resemlance betweem Leia and Padme and... -are there any differences? Is your Leia inherited her father's temper as in other stories or not?
    - All these things are coming...I swear!

LovelyLea: I loved Yoda's telling Leia the way things are--and her obvious disdain for being told ANYTHING! - Yes, Leia doesn't take much on faith. Trained, she will be...

Puggy: So, will Luke and Leia find out they're twins? - all in good time. Let's let Leia take her coat off, have dinner and get some rest first!

HanSolo29: Yoda is also one of my favorite characters and you've captured him beautifully. - *blushes* Thank you!

Diabla: are you going to incorperate Vader? - Yes, but you'll really have to be patient for that.

Bri_Windstar: Welcome to the story!

Yoda needs to smack some sense into her w/ that gimer stick of his!! - Even Yoda would be taking his own life into his hands to try that!

StonedRose: I hate when authors start fics and then just abandon them for endless months on end. * giggles -- insanely * :D :D :D :D

13. JediArwen

JediArwen Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 12, 2002
  14. LadyPadme

Sep 26, 2002

Thanks for the up, JediArwen

Hmmm...despite that kind up, have found this fic all the way down on page 10. Where is everyone?

Well, as promised, here's the next post (a little early; ER is on re-run and I'm kinda bored):

Chapter Eight

Although Leia did not know it, her training began the next day. Leia had gone to bed not long after Yoda?s welcoming dinner. She was given Yoda?s bedroom; she could not fit on Yoda?s tiny bed, but she found the floor with its layer of rush matting to be quite comfortable. Yoda slept in his small living room, and Luke had the least enviable resting place: he slept on a little pallet under a hastily erected tent-shelter outside the hut, enduring the unexpected midnight downpour that left him drenched.

In the morning, Luke was roused from his restless slumber at dawn. He was sent off on a twenty-kilometer run through the Dagobah jungles, and ordered to bring back a variety of fruits for breakfast. Luke tried to carry the fruit while he ran, and then soon found it was much easier to levitate the items through the Force, although he still had some difficulty keeping track of every object, and ended up stopping and backtracking several times to pick up dropped fruit. He arrived back at the clearing an hour later than he usually did, and found Yoda quietly meditating by his front door. As for Leia, she was still sound asleep.

?Allowed to rest she must,? Yoda said calmly. ?Time to heal she needs.?

Luke nodded but said nothing, his instinctive protectiveness toward Leia warring with a small dart of jealousy that she had been allowed more time to rest while he was just starting another long, grueling day of training.

Leia rose just as Luke finished preparing breakfast. She was disoriented for a few moments as she lay on the floor of Yoda?s bedroom, wondering where she was. She glanced at her chronometer and gasped as she sat up. She had slept over twelve standard hours! She wondered idly when she had last done that. Stretching slightly, Leia leaned forward to pick up her case, where she pulled out her comm unit. There was no message from the undercover team, which did not surprise her since the team had not yet reached its destination. There was a message from Lando, though, and Leia accessed the message, which was brief: ?Guard duty promotion. First post in inner portal. Evaluating. Will update.?

Leia?s eyes grew bright. Lando was advancing through the hierarchy. He was getting better information about the layout and activities in Jabba?s palace. Every bit of information he learned brought her that much closer to rescuing Han.

Feeling rejuvenated, Leia stood up, hitting her head on the low ceiling of Yoda?s hut. She rubbed her head and then tried to stretch a little, although she had to bend backward to do it. Finally, she gave up. She grabbed a small overnight case and left the room, finding her way to the primitive little fresher that lay at the back of Yoda?s hut.

Fifteen minutes later, Leia emerged from Yoda?s hut. The morning sun was midway up the sky. Luke and Yoda were both sitting on tree stumps in the clearing outside finishing their breakfasts. A black cauldron was hung over a campfire and something inside was simmering. Although Leia was sure the food was good, the smells made her stomach flip-flop in protest.

?Good morning,? Leia said.

Luke and Yoda returned her greeting.

?Are you hungry?? Luke asked.

Leia shook her head. ?Not really. Still a bit nauseous, but I know I need to eat.?

Luke knelt over the small pot and ladled out a fresh bowl of Dagoban fruit porridge for Leia, which he handed to her.

?Thanks,? Leia said, as she accepted the porridge. The first taste was very strong and very strange, and Leia sat for a few moments trying to calm her stomach down before she tried out the next bite.

?Slept well?? Yoda asked.

?Yes,? Leia answered. ?Thank you so much for letting me have your room. It?s too polite. I can?t have you both sle

15. LadyPadme

Sep 26, 2002

Hmmm....postie too early? We wants replies, we wants posties...tricksie little readers...

;)

16. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade VIP star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    "Thank you," Yoda said, with a smile, "Although not necessary. A new shelter young Skywalker will build."

Luke spluttered over his porridge. "What?"

[face_laugh] Poor Luke! Didn't see that one coming, did he? And the way Leia's training is begun without her even realizing it -- that Yoda is one sneaky Jedi Master. :D You do write all three of them beautifully, LP. Lovely addition. :)

EDIT: *laughs* Here's a reply for you, LP. If you'd just waited thirty seconds more... ;) :D

17. vader_incarnate

Jul 29, 2002
    *giggles insanely* Goodness gracious, I wanna see Luke building that shelter. :p No handily convenient giant stone palaces by the sea to wrestle with the Force this time, I'm afraid. ;)

Lovely post, LP. :) I love Yoda... and I'm going to refer to the child as Indy anyhow. ;) I like that name. A quirk in my personality. :p

There's another precioussssss reply for you. :D

18. Jaina-Solo-Fel13

Jaina-Solo-Fel13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 7, 2002
    Good post! :) this is great

JSF13

19. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    *pops in*

Great post! :D

*pops out*

20. vader_incarnate

Jul 29, 2002
    *gasp* It's oba! [face_shocked]

*pops out*

21. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Sneaky Yoda. :) I think Leia will change her mind and take more training. If Yoda survives long enough. Nice characterizations.

22. Sologal

Sologal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 21, 2000
    I have to agree, Yoda is a sneaky little devil. ;) Nice post, LadyPadme, and great characterizations. :)

23. Puggy

Puggy Jedi Master star 3

Oct 1, 2002
    Woohoo, I got to come home early because I only had one exam and we get out of school after it's over, and I come here to find a brand new postie! Lovely work, LadyPadmé! I loved the part where Yoda told Luke he'd have to build a new hut, hehe. But Luke's pretty muscular (I must admit, he looked pretty nice in ESB--but not as nice as the yummy hydrospanner scene with Han *drools and realizes she's switched subjects*). Anyway, lol. Great post, and I'm very much looking forward to more. I can't wait to see Han and Leia back together (I'm a big time Han/Leia shipper, but I think you know that), eventually, in due time (that WILL happen, right?! lol). Keep it up!

24. Diabla

Diabla Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 30, 2002
    Very nice post... lol Luke building a shelter! This I've gotta see...(well, not litrely 'cause you know, the um--...yeah) Anyway, I can wait for Vader, I was just curious ;) Once again, a great post :D, it just reminds me to start my post... *sighs, and grumbles*

-Dia

25. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 13, 2001
    Another great post, LadyPadme! :)