main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga In Love and War - ROTJ-AU - H/L, L/V - Completed!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by LadyPadme, Jan 12, 2003.

1. TorontoJediMaster

TorontoJediMaster Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2001
    Great post.

I can't wait for the next one. Will Obi-Wan be appearing to talk to Luke anytime soon?

2. Bri_Windstar

Bri_Windstar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 27, 2002
    Yoda certainly has a vast amount of patience and strength taking those two on as padawans at the same time. Then again, there IS a reason he's the top Jedi Master! :)
    He could always be a little crazy, 20 some years of isolation will do that to you 8-}

He's crafty, I'll give you that. I love how he's getting Leia right where he wants her.

Yay! Lando's making progress! :::does happy dance:::

Cant wait for more

::Windstar Out::

3. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002

Gabri_Jade: I should have known I could have counted on you! (If you ever go away on vacation, let me know so I won't cry if I don't see your posts ;) )

Yes, Yoda sort of sprang the building thing on Luke. Poor Lukie...always gets the short end of the deal.

vader_incarnate: we likes replies, we wants replies, we wants Preciousssss....

So, Indy, huh? Uh...the kid's name is going to start with an 'R' and that's all the clue you guys are getting until the kid is born.

So...what do you think, Yoda vs. Gollum. Wouldn't that be a battle of weirdos?

JainaSoloFel13: Thanks!

obaona: *pops in*

Great post!

*pops out*
    : Wait, come back! Huh?

RebelMom: You know Leia will choose the right path, eventually. She's just pig-headed about things.

Sologal: Thanks! Glad you're enjoying it.

Puggy: I can't wait to see Han and Leia back together (I'm a big time Han/Leia shipper, but I think you know that), eventually, in due time (that WILL happen, right?! lol).: OF COURSE! The main H/L mush isn't coming for a while, unfortunately, but I've got a scene written that I think will curl peoples' toes. :D

Diabla: Vader will come, really! You just must be patient!

HanSolo29: Thanks!

TorontoJediMaster: Will Obi-Wan be appearing to talk to Luke anytime soon? - Always in motion is the future. Patience.... ;)

Bri_Windstar:He could always be a little crazy, 20 some years of isolation will do that to you - I'm surprised he isn't any weirder after all that time.

4. vader_incarnate

vader_incarnate Force Ghost star 4

Jul 29, 2002
    *looks quickly from side-to-side... breathes sigh of relief*

Hope you don't mind, LP-- oba's B-day present is popping up here too, I'm afraid...

[image=http://store5.yimg.com/I/karatemart1_1714_13416102]

5. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    * eyes widen* Um, LP, there are hamsters on your thread....very strange hamsters....

These handmaidens are starting to scare me. I wandered into a thread the other day and they were hurling fish around... *slaps hand over mouth* I mean, um, I have every faith that these fine upstanding young women will not turn your thread into a zoo... (Please, dear Force...)

If you ever go away on vacation, let me know so I won't cry if I don't see your posts ;)

Vacation? What means this 'vacation' of which you speak? Your words are strange in mine ears -- but you got it. In the unlikely event, I'll let you know. Thanks. :)

Two more days until the next post! :D

6. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Um . . . *waves hand*

B-day girl here. ;) Don't worry, Elli is the most insane of the handmaiden lot. :D So it can only get better! :D

Btw, great story, LadyPadme.

7. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    Gabri, you should see what is happening in my H/L thread, ?Overshadowing the Moon?. It?s virtually turning into an animal farm ? fish, bunnies, and hamsters. Crazy stuff.

Delightful post, LP! I wish I could have caught it earlier, but I was familiarising myself with ?Star Trek: Generations? and ?Star Trek: Search for Spock? again. Mmm, I agree with whoever said the SW OT boys have muscles. Yummy. They didn?t wear enough sleeveless shirts in my opinion. I wouldn?t mind buying a seat to watch Luke build the hut. Are you taking reservations, LP?

Nice description, also!

Am [face_love]

8. C_Minor

C_Minor Jedi Master star 3

May 21, 2001
    Another great post! You're keeping Luke really interesting to me which I heartily congratulate you on, because apart from Carolyn Golledge and Timothy Zahn that doesn't seem to happen much (for the record, I'm not a Luke basher, I just consider him very difficult to write. I can't write him and the Lord knows I've tried).

I also think it's great how you take time to reply to the people who make comments. That's time consuming and we all appreciate it. Thanks!

CMinor.

9. Amy21

Amy21 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 28, 2001
    Terrific story! :D Just like the last one. I love it. :)
    UP!

10. TorontoJediMaster

Oct 14, 2001
    I guess this will the first time ever that Yoda has tried to train two padawans at the same time. I suppose that any physical training for Leia will have to wait until after the baby is born.

11. DarthMasan

DarthMasan Jedi Master star 3

Sep 20, 2002
    wow! wonderfull post!
    LP: I reallly enjoyed the way you wrote the Leia Yoda learing!
    keep it UP!

12. vader_incarnate

Jul 29, 2002
    *nods vigorously* Yes, LP, if you're taking reservations for seating, can we get a group one for the handmaidens? I'm not exactly sure how many of us there are, but there are quite a few! :) :p

Oh... and UP. ;)

13. LadyPadme

Sep 26, 2002
    vader_incarnate: Ummm...the hamster has numbchucks.

Umm....thanks... ;)

Can I get one like that for my birthday?

Gabri_Jade: These handmaidens are starting to scare me. You're telling me.

:D :D :D :D :D

obaona: Don't worry, Elli is the most insane of the handmaiden lot - but you're the original (or so I've heard)! Does this mean something went horribly wrong in the cloning process?

BTW - thanks!

Amidala_Skywalker: Thanks! Hmmm...front row tickets to Luke building a hut...that's a new one.

BTW - these Handmaidens of yours - hmm...
    Curious - how many are there and how did they become handmaidens in the first place?

C_Minor: Thank you! I'm glad you liked my depiction of Luke.

BTW - is C-minor the key for some famous song?

Amy21: Hey, glad you found your way to this thread. Nice to have you here.

TorontoJediMaster: I suppose that any physical training for Leia will have to wait until after the baby is born. - You'd be surprised what a pregnant woman can do. :)

Darth_Masan: Thanks, I'm glad you like the way the story is going.

vader_incarnate: How 'bout we just reserve tickets for the voyeuristic mush scenes to come? ;)

14. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    The handmaidens are teddy bears. If insanity doesn?t scare you, then you?re perfectly fine ;).

*clears throat to recite the history of the Handmaidens* Well, for starters, there are ten. We?re slowly growing. Basically, what happens is that if we meet a suitable candidate for the group, we ask them if they?d like to join. There aren?t many requirements, except you have to share a chatroom with the handmaidens, put a line in your sig and call me ?Empress? or ?Amsie? (as oba does when she wants something). We look out for each other, comment on each other?s stories, and it seems we also have a fascination with animals *stares at Elli*.

The Handmaidens were first established when two of the founding members thought we needed a society of some sort. I was crowned the Empress, and people kept joining.

If you would like to meet the handmaidens and attempt to become a member, contact me (Darth Aleiana) on AIM.

That enough explanation for you, LP? :D

Am [face_love]

15. vader_incarnate

Jul 29, 2002
    Fascination with animals, Empress? Come now, these things aren't entirely my fault... usually... sometimes... occasionally. [face_blush]

But yes, that's about the long and short of it. :D Being a handmaiden requires the deepest commitment, the most serious mind! *nods sagely*

Hamsters are exempt. [face_plain]

... so are kiwi.

... and persimmons.

... and live fish.

... and random undergarments.

... and beef.

... and ... well, maybe not the most serious mind, but you get the idea! :D It's a danged lotta fun, though! :)

16. C_Minor

C_Minor Jedi Master star 3

May 21, 2001
    BTW - is C-minor the key for some famous song?

I'm sure there's some great songs written in C-, but this is my actual nickname, and it came about because I'm a musician, my name begins with C, and I'm short (hence the minor).

CMinor

17. malaika

malaika Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 7, 2001
    I also must say your story is one of the few stories where I really like Luke !!!

However, will we learn soon what is going on with poor Han?

18. Bri_Windstar

Bri_Windstar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 27, 2002
    :::pops in and sees a hamster:::
    Oh Force, not here too!!!

Ames, i do believe u are now one thread closer to this "conquering of the JC boards" i keep hearing of.
    More, more did u say?!? [face_shocked] A growing handmaiden society, now THAT'S a scrary thought. *hehe* They do make for spicing threads up, i'll give them that!

Happy Superbowl everyone! 8-} Just because its not a holiday doesnt mean people wont treat it like one! As for me, i'll be looking for those front row tickets to Luke building a hut 8-} :D

::Windstar Out::

19. Silver_Solo

Silver_Solo Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 13, 2002
    I love this story!!! LOVE IT! LOVE IT!

I just finished reading what you have about an hour ago and I wish there was more.

Such an interesting storyline and you're writing it so well! Keep it up!

20. TorontoJediMaster

Oct 14, 2001
    Moving it up.

And even though pregnant woman can do a lot of things, the medical droids specifically told Leia not to.

21. LadyPadme

Sep 26, 2002
    Empress Amsie: Thanks for the info on the Handmaidens. Ummm...well, no longer being a maiden, and being umm...(darn, I promised Gabri_Jade I wouldn't say old) of an age to be your umm...family doctor, maybe I could be the court physician?
    :)

vader_incarnate: * rendered speechless *

How do I reply to that post, v_i???

C_Minor: Ah, thanks for clarifying that.

malaika: will we learn soon what is going on with poor Han?
    Well, Han's in carbon freeze--it's going to be a while before he's rescued, but we'll still see him a bit through flashbacks and such.

Bri_Windstar: Superbowl? Superbowl? Huh??

Just kidding. This means that after today, I will no longer be a football widow--until next season, of course.

Silver_Solo: Welcome to the story, and thanks. I post regularly Sundays, Tuesdays and Thursdays at or around midnight.

Oh, BTW, your fic is starting out really well. Any H/L lovers out there should check out Silver_Solo's fic: The Misercordia Mission.

TorontoJediMaster: And even though pregnant woman can do a lot of things, the medical droids specifically told Leia not to. Hmmm...funny you should bring this up. Perhaps you should take a look at the next post...(coming up as soon as I can load it)

22. LadyPadme

Sep 26, 2002
    Chapter Nine

One week after her arrival on Dagobah, Leia was sitting outside Yoda?s hut and finishing her breakfast. She had started to acquire a taste for Dagoban fruit porridge, especially for the sharply sour Saathi fruit that Yoda added. Consequently, Luke brought back a dozen Saathi fruits from his morning run every day for Leia, who nibbled at them throughout the rest of the day.

Luke finished his breakfast and rose to continue working on the new hut, which was being built at the other side of the clearing from Yoda?s hut. The foundation had been placed, and the walls were rising slowly. While Luke worked, Yoda took some pieces of wood that Luke had collected from the jungle and was fashioning some crude furniture, muttering the whole time about the ?big size of humans?.

Leia ate another spoonful of the porridge and then suddenly gasped, feeling the stirrings of pain in her belly again. The pain wasn?t nearly as bad as the one that had sent her to the medical facility nearly two weeks ago, but was enough to terrify her. I?m in the middle of a swamp without any medical equipment, no Two-One-Bee?s, and no one to help! What am I doing here? I must have been insane to agree to come here!

Leia did not realize how wild her eyes had gotten in those few seconds after the first crampy pain. Alarmed, Yoda had abandoned his work and was now standing directly in front of Leia.

?Calm,? he said, ?You must stay calm.?

?Easy for you to say!? Leia snapped in her panic. ?These were the same cramps I had before?and I nearly lost the baby then! I need a medical droid, and there aren?t any medical facilities within ten parsecs! I must have lost my mind to come to this slimy mud hole!?

Yoda let the slur on his home pass, and instead, put his hand over Leia?s belly. She fought off her instinctive desire to push his hand away. At the first touch of Yoda?s hand, Leia felt the cramps starting to ease. Yoda stood with his eyes closed and an expression of intense concentration on his face. Leia sat in rapt fascination as she felt the fear slowly ease out of her body.

After a few moments, Yoda opened his eyes and smiled. ?The baby will live,? he pronounced.

Half afraid to believe, yet desperately wanting the words to be true, Leia asked, ?How can you know this??

?Feel for yourself,? Yoda said. He gestured for her to lie down, and Leia leaned back, resting on the ground. Yoda picked up Leia?s right hand and placed it over her abdomen, then did the same with her left hand. ?Stretch out with your feelings,? Yoda said, softly.

Leia closed her eyes, and tried to think about her baby. She saw the image of an infant?a cherubic appearing child with dimples on his face, elbows, and knees, who had her eyes and was kicking furiously, displaying Han?s disposition. She wondered if this was what her baby would look like or if it was a product of her own wish-fulfilling imagination. Slowly, though, the baby began to grow, and within moments, Leia saw a tall young man with Han?s mop of brown hair and her own brown eyes. Except for the eyes, he looked just like a younger Han Solo?a younger Han Solo wearing Jedi robes and holding a lightsaber. Leia gasped.

?What did you see?? Yoda asked.

Leia opened her eyes. ?I?I saw my baby?and I saw him as a grown man.?

?And?? Yoda prompted.

?He was a Jedi,? Leia said.

Yoda said nothing, merely continued to observe her with an inscrutable, enigmatic stare.

Leia sat up. ?Is this a vision of the future I?ve seen??

?Possible. Always in motion is the future.?

?Are you trying to tell me that I will have a son who might become a Jedi??

?Again, possible.?

?Contingent on my becoming a Jedi, right?? Leia was starting to get a little angry as she wondered if she had been manipulated.

?Believe I do that Jedi you must become to protect your child.?

?So, this is all just another attempt at persuasion! Was this image a product of my imagination, a true vision or something you planted in my head with your Jedi mind tricks??

?Only on the weak-minded do

23. Jaina-Solo-Fel13

Jaina-Solo-Fel13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 7, 2002
    I think I'm gonna cry! I feel so bad for Leia that she knows nothing about her mom and shame on Yoda for not telling her! That post was certainly powerful. I hope that Leia doesn't lose the baby because of those cramps. That would be dreadful. Wonderful way to pull on readers' heartstrings LP! Wonderful! I loved the post. :)

24. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    (darn, I promised Gabri_Jade I wouldn't say old)

I knew I could count on you, LP! :D

A being of many talents Yoda is. Jedi Master, teacher, healer, furniture builder, devious persuader...and if he'd told Leia about her mother, that could easily have led to Leia asking questions about her father, which would in turn lead to the revelation that Luke is her brother. It's all going to be quite a bombshell when it comes out, and Leia's not really ready for it. Yoda's just biding his time. And Leia's agreed to train to be a Jedi! This should be interesting. :D

25. thebadge

thebadge Jedi Master star 4

Mar 15, 2002
    Great story! I'm absolutley hooked. Looking forward to many future posts.

thebadge