main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Saga In Love and War - ROTJ-AU - H/L, L/V - Completed!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by LadyPadme, Jan 12, 2003.

1. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    :)

Lovely as usual.

2. Bri_Windstar

Bri_Windstar Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2002
    Mudhole? Slimy? His home, that is!! 8-}

Leia?s face softened as she thought of the beautiful, pale, melancholy and ethereal creature who had been her mother

I love that description, its perfect. Force only knows the changes and transformations dear Padmé will go thru in Ep 3(the Force, and GL!).

Its been said 1000 times over, but i love your Yoda. He has many quirks, and he's constantly looking out for each of them, guiding them in the right direction.

Football widow?! Is that as dreadful as it sounds?!? *hehe* Go Buccaneers!!
    Were the commercials any good this year? I didnt watch the game. :::giggles::: *shame on me* :)

::Windstar Out::

3. JediArwen

JediArwen Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 12, 2002
    Two posts LadyPadme, two excellent posts.
    I liked very much the interaction between Yoda and Leia.

<?What happened to my mother?? Leia asked, her curiosity piqued.

?A story for another time that is,? Yoda answered.

?If I become your apprentice, that is,? Leia said, flatly.>

Sure, Leia doesn't have her brother's patience.
    Very good. Come on Leia, make him split the truth... :D :D
    Lena

4. Knight-Ander

Knight-Ander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    Another fine post, LP. Didn't Luke overhear Leia and Yoda talking about their mother? You'd think he'd be very curious about her after just learning about his father.

5. Sologal

Sologal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 21, 2000
    Another great post, LadyPadme! :)

6. Puggy

Puggy Jedi Master star 3

Oct 1, 2002
    Yay, another wonderful post, LadyPadmé! Your posts make me anxious for more. There's so much I want to happen... LOL, I have NO patience, by the way! You know, I really miss OT fanfics. I've read (twice) all the Han/Leia fanfics at the Corellian Embassy and all the Han/Leia fanstites I could find... Fanfiction.net is littered with stories from the prequel or NJO era, but hardly anyone really cares for the OT. It saddens me, lol. I'm not a fan of the prequels; we only own AOTC because my mom likes Hayden Christensen and I have a thing for Ewan McGregor...

Your story is so engrossing because you've captured that "OT magic,"--you've got the characters down so well, for one--and that magic is the reason I like Star Wars so much :D

7. Diabla

Diabla Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 30, 2002
    Wow, great post LP. Sneaky, sneaky Yoda lol. Hopefully you'll post more soon.
    :D

-Dia

8. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 13, 2001
    The interaction between Yoda and Leia is really great. The scene where they were discussing Leia's mother was really touching. Keep up the great work! :)

9. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002
    JSF13: I feel so bad for Leia that she knows nothing about her mom and shame on Yoda for not telling her! - All in good time. Yoda has his master plan... ;)

Gabri_Jade: It's all going to be quite a bombshell when it comes out, and Leia's not really ready for it. - Heh. Heh. [face_devil]

thebadge: Welcome to the story! Glad you like it so far.

RebelMom: Thanks!

Bri_Windstar: Thank you, I'm so flattered you liked my Padme description.

Actually, being a football widow (for me) isn't very bad. My husband doesn't spill beer and chips all over the floor and burp or anything like that. He's actually quite civilized. :)

JediArwen: Sure, Leia doesn't have her brother's patience. - I don't think patience is her problem; I think forbearance is. Well anyway, you can be the judge when that post comes out.

BTW - Thanks for all the info on the Parthenon. If I ever get across the Atlantic, I'd love to go to Greece... *sigh*

Knight_Ander: Didn't Luke overhear Leia and Yoda talking about their mother? You'd think he'd be very curious about her after just learning about his father. - Actually, at this stage, Luke doesn't know Padme is his mom, yet. But we'll get to it. Really!

Sologal: Thanks!

Puggy: I've read (twice) all the Han/Leia fanfics at the Corellian Embassy and all the Han/Leia fanstites I could find Oh, you've got it bad, girl. There are a few H/L fics I'm following that you might like that are currently out there:
    For the Future by Aanix Durray,
    The Misercordia Mission by Silver Solo,
    Forgotten by Deneveon,
    Overshadowing the Moon by Amidala Skywalker,
    and (although I haven't had a chance to read it, yet): Resurrection on a Dream by Sara Kenobi.

Diabla: Sneaky, sneaky Yoda - * laughs * Yes, he's one sneaky little kick-ass frog, isn't he?

HanSolo29: Thanks! I'm glad you liked the Leia/Yoda discussion about Padme. More on this to come...

10. Bri_Windstar

May 27, 2002
    Haha, i didnt know that it was possible for men to be civilized when it comes to football! You're lucky! :)

11. thebadge

thebadge Jedi Master star 4

Mar 15, 2002
    uppers

thebadge

12. C_Minor

C_Minor Jedi Master star 3

May 21, 2001
    Impressive...very impressive.

CMinor

13. LadyPadme

Sep 26, 2002

Bri: i didnt know that it was possible for men to be civilized when it comes to football! - Well, I'm not so sure he'd be so civilized if I kept him from watching his football games... ;)

thebadge: Thanks for the up.

C_Minor: Thank you.

More later tonight, including a little flashback with...oh, you know.

14. Silver_Solo

Silver_Solo Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 13, 2002
    I love this fic! It's just so good. I can't wait for you to update--- :D

I guess I'll just have to wait for later tonight.

And thanks for promoting me a little here, I really appriciate it! I should have an update for it tomorrow. I hope. [face_blush]

15. LadyPadme

Sep 26, 2002
    Silver_Solo: Thanks.

As for your fic, it has a very exciting beginning. I can't wait to read what else you have.

Chapter Ten

Two weeks later, the primitive three-room wattle and daub hut with a thatched roof was built, and Luke finally had a night?s rest away from the rain.

At dawn after Luke?s first restful night of sleep he rose and left the hut. He found Leia sitting outside with her legs crossed, and her eyes closed. She appeared to be meditating. Not wanting to disturb her, Luke turned noiselessly back toward the hut, but was not fast enough. Leia opened her eyes and turned to look at Luke. She smiled.

?Good morning,? she said.

?Good morning,? Luke returned. ?I?m sorry?I didn?t mean to disturb you.?

?That?s all right,? Leia said. ?I came out here because I couldn?t sleep. Thought I?d practice some of the meditating techniques Yoda was teaching me.?

Luke shook his head with a smile. ?I can?t believe you?re training to become a Jedi. Although, I have to say, it?s great having you along?and Yoda was right: you definitely are strong in the Force.?

Leia smiled back. ?I still have a hard time with this. I?ve been training for two weeks?and perhaps that?s a short time in the grand scheme of things?but I haven?t had a chance to do anything that I thought Jedi did. I haven?t picked up a lightsaber, or levitated an object or tried to do any mind tricks?although with only you and Yoda to practice on, I?m not having luck getting weak-minded subjects. All Yoda has been doing is telling me more of the Jedi history, and teaching me Jedi healing techniques to help the baby, and?I suspect?trying to make me think outside any preconditioned ideas I have.?

??You must unlearn what you have learned?,? Luke quoted, and then added with a naughty grin. ?I suspect that Yoda?s not having such an easy time getting you to change your mind about anything.?

Leia tried to adopt a wounded look and then gave up, grinning. ?I think Han is rubbing off too much on you.?

?I bet Han still does it better, though.?

Leia sobered instantly. ?I wonder when I?ll ever hear it from him again.?

?Is that what you were meditating on before I came out here?? Luke asked.

Leia nodded. ?I was trying to feel him through the Force. I?m starting to feel your presence and Yoda?s, and I can even feel the baby?which is some comfort?but when I think of Han, I just draw a blank.? She gave Luke a piercing stare. ?Have you felt him??

Luke shook his head. ?No. But, come on, Leia, I?m just a novice in these things. I barely have more Force training than you do.?

?Alive he is,? Yoda said, approaching them across the clearing. ?In hibernation he is?his thoughts and presence in the Force in hibernation as well. Difficult to sense?but present he is.?

?On Tatooine?? Leia asked. She had not received another message from either Chewbacca or Lando in nearly three weeks, and she was frantic in her worry. Had Lando made it into the inner palace? Had he seen Han?

?Where I cannot tell,? Yoda admitted, ?but alive he is.?

Leia took some comfort in what Yoda had said. While she desperately wanted to see Han and to touch him, to tell him again how she loved him, for now, it would have to be enough to know he was still alive. It did not cross her mind to doubt Yoda. In the time she had spent as his apprentice, she had come to respect his vast store of knowledge and wisdom more and more, and the firm conviction with which Yoda spoke made her believe, absolutely.

A beep sounded inside the Luke and Leia?s hut and Leia ran inside. ?That?s my comm unit!? She crossed the small sitting room to her room and picked up the unit. She turned on the small glow-lamp that was set by her crudely built (but surprisingly comfortable) bed, and sat down to read the message. Her heart sank for a moment as she saw it was not from Lando and Chewbacca; rather this message was from the fact-finding team. Mesilli Pankrit, the leader of the team, had sent the message.

??completed our evaluation of t

16. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade VIP star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    Ooohh, flashback time. *raises eyebrow* And just what significance will this shipbuilding facility Leia has just remembered have, pray tell?

I know I've said this before, but poor Luke! Two weeks building a hut and sleeping in the rain on Dagobah? Now that's a test of one's patience. And Lando taught Han about hot chocolate too? Still seems like more of a drink Luke would like to me, but I like the reference. ;) :)

Glad to hear Leia's making genuine progress in her training, even if she thinks it isn't going fast enough. :)

To summarize: wonderful job again, LadyPadme! :D

17. Bri_Windstar

May 27, 2002
    *LOL!* [face_laugh] That was good, that was very good!

Damn that Mon Mothma I love that line!! Her character in the books annoys me to no end.
    Another good post. More happening on Parcheron than has been revealed, i feel ;)
    I will say, that has me intrigued. I hope the investigation team learns more about whats going on there soon. When they find out, i get to find out!

Han and Leia are so cute together! Damn that bounty hunter!!! Its nice to know she can hold her own against a Wookie! 8-}
    :_| Bring Han back!!!!!! *hehe* Ok, im done now!!

I also liked the banter between Luke and Leia. I hope we get more of that in the story.

Aw, we didnt get to see him build the hut!! :( Thats Ok, i forgive u!

18. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Glad to see Leia working on her Force gifts. I've always seen her as having different talents than Luke. I'm surprised they haven't mentioned a bond yet. Surely, Yoda will have to tell them they are siblings.

19. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    *grin* Physician, sure. Be warned, LP, you?ll get Elli coming to you claiming insanity and wanting more. Give her a few booster shots and send her on her merry way.

Great posts! I really enjoyed the most recent one. I have a sneaking suspicion that the Rebels are being set-up. They?ll end up getting themselves killed, and Leia will hate herself for not being there and doing something. Did I mention that scene with Han and Chewie was adorable? It captured the ?OT magic?.

Cannot wait until the next post!

Am [face_love]

20. Knight-Ander

Knight-Ander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    Not much to say but another excellent post, LP. Nice seeing Yoda giving some Jedi console on what Leia's investigative reporters should do next.

21. TorontoJediMaster

TorontoJediMaster Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2001
    Great post. :)

Why didn't Luke sleep in his X-Wing's cockpit? It mught have been cramped, but at least it would be dry.

I can't wait to read more about the actual training. Especially seeing Luke take the last steps towards actually finishing.

One question about that though. In the PT, they mention padawans having to take trials, as a final exam before becoming an actual Knight. In ROTJ, Yoda evidently felt that Luke facing Vader/Anakin again would be enough for a trial. What about here? Will Yoda have more of a regular trial from the Old Order for Luke? Or will he have to face Anakin again?

Also, what about the tree that's strong with the Dark Side? What if Leia should come across that? I don't think that would be good.

22. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 13, 2001
    Great post. I'm glad to hear that Han is alive. Also, I really enjoyed the flashback. :)

23. DarthMasan

DarthMasan Jedi Master star 3

Sep 20, 2002
    wonderfull post LP!
    I really like the way you write Leia and Han together... when DO we get some of that?
    [face_mischief]
    keep it UP!

24. Silver_Solo

Silver_Solo Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 13, 2002
    Just as I suspected.... ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL!!!! :D

This is certainly one of my new favorite fics, and it's even updated regularly!!! YAY!!!

And now, to be constructive.

I wasn't expecting a flashback, so that really made me happy. I was figuring, training, baby, training, Han gets out of carbonite--the end. Okay, I know you'd make it better than that--just my own rough outline ;) anyways... I really liked that she was remembering happy things, like time on the ship between Bespin and Hoth and laughter.

I think it's really going well. Luke seems to be his usual self, and I'm glad he's not all angst ridden and self-absorbed like the other stuff I've been coming across lately.

Yoda is coming off like the wise teacher he should. And I think what you're doing with Leia's training is good. He's giving insight and care at the same time. I'm glad that he decided to reassure her about Han and not leave her hanging like he did Luke in ESB.

I'm going to shut up now. Can't wait until the next post!

25. LadyPadme

Sep 26, 2002
    Gabri_Jade: * And just what significance will this shipbuilding facility Leia has just remembered have, pray tell? - Questions regarding Parcheron will be answered tomorrow...or perhaps new ones will crop up? As you read on, keep in mind I am a big X-Files fan, and I love the way Chris Carter just strung us along and tricked us. I may fall short, but I'll definitely try... (muwahahahah! [face_devil] )

- As for the hot chocolate, I figured since Han knew Lando first, he might have learned about this esoteric drink first, too.

Bri_Windstar: Damn that Mon Mothma! - I have to say, she's not really my favorite character, either.

More happening on Parcheron than has been revealed, i feel ;) (see response to Gabri_Jade...)

RebelMom: Surely, Yoda will have to tell them they are siblings - all in good time...really!

Amidala_Skywalker: Be warned, LP, you?ll get Elli coming to you claiming insanity and wanting more. Give her a few booster shots and send her on her merry way. - Hmmm...maybe a shot of vitamin H would help. (j/k)

I have a sneaking suspicion that the Rebels are being set-up. - muwahahahah!

Knight_Ander: Nice seeing Yoda giving some Jedi console on what Leia's investigative reporters should do next. - yes, Yoda, the wise guru. Keep in mind, the Rebels don't know about DSII yet.

TorontoJediMaster: Why didn't Luke sleep in his X-Wing's cockpit? It mught have been cramped, but at least it would be dry - I thought about the X-wing, but thought he might get a crick in his neck. I don't know which is worse. He does have a tent-shelter he uses, only it gets soaked...

Will Yoda have more of a regular trial from the Old Order for Luke? Or will he have to face Anakin again? - The story is going to be loosely based on ROTJ once we get to that point in the storyline. The major events will still happen but with major twists. But, you'll just have to wait and see how it plays out... ;)

HanSolo29: I'm glad to hear that Han is alive - Of COURSE! Evil as I can be, I wouldn't go that far and kill my darling!!!

Darth_Masan: I really like the way you write Leia and Han together... when DO we get some of that? - Well, it won't happen until after Han comes out of carbonite, but I can promise the H/Lers there that at some point in the story there will be 9 straight posts in a row that are H/L issues. I think the word count of H/L issues in this story will be greater than the word count for H/L issues in the entire NJO (j/k) - but stick around. I think you'll like it. :)

Silver_Solo: I wasn't expecting a flashback, so that really made me happy. I was figuring, training, baby, training, Han gets out of carbonite - I figured with a big H/L base, people would like to see Han, but I can't bring him back until certain issues are resolved. Therefore, we'll have to rely on some memories for a while. There's one flashback that should send shivers down some spines coming up. Just not saying when...