main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga In Love and War - ROTJ-AU - H/L, L/V - Completed!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by LadyPadme, Jan 12, 2003.

1. Puggy

Puggy Jedi Master star 3

Oct 1, 2002
    Oh, yay! I wish I could have reviewed this this morning when I read it, but I was already late for school, whoops! LOL.

I'm SO happy you snuck a Han/Leia moment in there, eehee! And the way you talk about upcoming Han/Leia scenes makes me feel so giddy! What can I say, I'm a sucker for Han/Leia lovey-dovey-ness! I can't wait for Han to come out of carbonite... I never can, actually. I always fast forward through the very beginning ROTJ to the part where Leia releases him... lol.

Oh, and by the way, thanks so much for those fanfics you listed for me; I bookmarked them all for furture reading, hehe.

Anywho, keep up the wonderful writing, LadyPadmé!

2. TorontoJediMaster

TorontoJediMaster Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2001
    Major twists? Any chance of Anakin surviving after turning back to the good side? :)

3. Knight-Ander

Knight-Ander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    Ah, I was thinking Luke already knew Leia was his sister. Silly me.

4. thebadge

thebadge Jedi Master star 4

Mar 15, 2002
    Another great post, I'm hooked.

thebadge

5. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Wonderful, fantastic . . .

And I really must remember to look for this fic! :p

Great postie! :D

6. Sologal

Sologal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 21, 2000
    Great post LadyPadme. :) I loved the flashback. And I'm with Puggy. I can hardly wait until Han is back. If his carbon freezing experience hasn't been enough, just imagine his shock when he finds out he's going to be a father and that Leia is Forece sensitive. ;)

7. JediArwen

JediArwen Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 12, 2002
    Excellent post LadyPadme.
    I liked very much the flashback.
    When shall we have Han back? Can't wait...
    Lena

8. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002

Puggy: I'm SO happy you snuck a Han/Leia moment in there, eehee! - Glad you liked it. I just didn't want folks to go too long without seeing the Corellian cutie.

TorontoJediMaster: Any chance of Anakin surviving after turning back to the good side? - Honestly, I haven't thought that far ahead. I have a general outline for the story, but I haven't written nearly that far, but I'll keep it in mind. :)

And I forgot to answer your question: Also, what about the tree that's strong with the Dark Side? What if Leia should come across that? - Answers to this question will be forthcoming after the update scheduled for February 10. Really. I've got posts scheduled all the way to April 23 and I ain't done writing, yet ;)

Knight_Ander - Since everyone in our galaxy knows about Luke and Leia, it's easy to forget the timeline in the story :)

thebadge: Thanks.
    BTW - I know I sound like a big ignoramus, but what was Eagle Day?

obaona: And I really must remember to look for this fic! - Every night before you go to bed, young lady, you need to ask yourself, "Have I checked for an update on LP's fic?" ;) :D

Sologal: If his carbon freezing experience hasn't been enough, just imagine his shock when he finds out he's going to be a father and that Leia is Forece sensitive. - Heh. Heh. Heh. [face_devil]

JediArwen: When shall we have Han back? - That post is coming up...are you kidding??? That is classified information!!! Even though the post is written, the answer to that question is to remain top secret ;) You'll just have to stick around. :D

More later tonight!

9. Diabla

Diabla Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 30, 2002
    Very nice post, it's so cool that Leia and Luke are being trained together. But one thing, why is everybody so sorry for Luke, I mean so what if he has to sleep in the rain? It's not like he has to give birth, like Leia ;) lol

Anyway, once again, a great post!

-Dia

10. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    Esoteric, ignoramus... *grins* I love authors with a developed vocabulary, LP -- though I'm still looking for an exact definition of 'manubrium'. Medical terminology, perhaps?

And why is everyone feeling sorry for Luke? Did you actually look at Dagobah in ESB? Would you want to sleep out in the rain there for two weeks? *shivers* I'd vastly prefer Tatooine, myself. I already felt sorry for Leia with the cramps; now it's Luke's turn. ;) I'll feel sorry for Leia again when she does have the baby -- especially if Yoda does act in any midwife capacity. She'll have my undying sympathy if that happens.

11. Silver_Solo

Silver_Solo Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 13, 2002
    IS IT LATER YET??????????? :D

12. Bri_Windstar

Bri_Windstar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 27, 2002
    No Way! I LOVE the X-files!!! CC is a genius (when he wants to be, anyway). Everything about that show just rocked; it worked on so many levels. I'd tell you about my DVD/recorded tapes collection, but that would just be embarrassing!! [face_blush] :D

This story just got even better than before (was that possible?? :confused: )

LP, you just made my night!!

::Windstar Out::

13. LadyPadme

Sep 26, 2002
    Diabla: why is everybody so sorry for Luke, I mean so what if he has to sleep in the rain? It's not like he has to give birth, like Leia - Ha! When Leia gives birth you might just feel sorry for Lukie...

Gabri_Jade: Esoteric, ignoramus - Wow, those SAT words my Dad insisted I learn really did come in handy! ;)

-manubrium - that little hollow in your chest between your collar bones - put your finger there, and you're right on the upper rim of the manubrium.

Silver_Solo: IS IT LATER YET??????????? - It will be in 5 minutes!

Bri_Windstar: I'd tell you about my DVD/recorded tapes collection, but that would just be embarrassing!! - Why? I've got Seasons 1-6 on DVD. It comes out every six months just in time for Mother's Day and my birthday. (Is it somewhat sad I don't get jewels and furs on those days, but X-Files DVDs? You really can't blame my husband. I ask for it. :) )

Okay, next post coming up as soon as I can load it. Get your CD players set for "The Imperial March Theme"....

14. LadyPadme

Sep 26, 2002

Chapter Eleven

The hooded, elderly man entered the small antechamber and closed the door behind himself after signaling to his guards to remain outside. He crossed the room toward his desk where a small holocomm unit rested. A red light was blinking, and he hit the switch.

Immediately, the hologram of a young man appeared.

?Greetings, your Imperial Majesty,? the young man said, ?I hope you are well and??

?Cut the pleasantries, Blyto!? the Emperor snapped. ?Give me the update!?

?We have received a communiqué from Princess Leia,? Tonor Blyto answered. ?She is sending our team to search out all the shipyards and to see if we can find evidence of any shipyard workers who have disappeared?to see if we can trace their trails.?

?Interesting,? the Emperor said. ?I would have expected her to try to find a way to infiltrate the military or to at least try to get her hands on classified military information. She was able to smuggle out information on the first Death Star?I would have assumed she would have contacts that could help her.?

?As far as I have learned, it appears she tried to call upon her contacts but within such a vast Empire as yours it appears she doesn?t have enough contacts in the right places?in any case we have essentially been working on this investigation from scratch. They?re not even sure what they?re looking for.?

The Emperor scowled at the young man?s toadying but let the comment pass. ?What of your other task? Have you been able to determine the whereabouts of Luke Skywalker??

Blyto paused. ?I?m sorry, your Majesty, but Skywalker and Princess Leia are both in an undisclosed location. No one seems to know where they are, except perhaps Mon Mothma herself. Even Mothma?s aide did not know.?

?How are you keeping in contact with her, then??

?Our team leader, Mesilli Pankrit has a data pad with a comm unit that allows her to keep in contact with her Highness.?

?Well, you idiot, what are you waiting for? Get the data pad! Trace the path of the messages!?

?Unfortunately, your Majesty, even if I could get my hands on the data pad which Mesilli keeps hidden, the encryption is rumored to be sixteen-digit, and Mesilli mentioned once that the message is relayed at random between fourteen to twenty-five stations and at each station, a change is made in the encryption code, and??

?Perhaps you should let my slicers decide if this is too hard to do, instead of adopting this defeatist attitude,? the Emperor said, coldly.

?But, your Majesty, if the data pad is missing won?t it ruin the mission? Alliance headquarters are already antsy enough about this mission, and I thought the primary objective was??

?Don?t question me about primary objectives!? the Emperor roared. ?I decide what the primary objective is, and if I change my mind, you?re in no position to act as though you suddenly grew a brain! Don?t forget your blunder at Hoth! Added to which your father was a drunkard, a gambler and a womanizer?if it wasn?t for the fine work your mother?s relatives have done on my behalf, I would never have given you this assignment in the first place! Now?I?m aware of what I want accomplished?but I?ve decided that perhaps it would suit my purposes more if you aided this investigation, giving them misinformation as I direct. Which shipping yards are the team going to investigate? The main ones, I?d assume: Bilbringi, Kuat, Sluis Van and Fondor??

?Yes, your Majesty. Also Parcheron.?

?Parcheron!? the Emperor seemed surprised. ?Interesting. How did they learn about Parcheron??

?I?I?m not sure, your Majesty. I was just told the names by Mesilli.?

?How does the team intend to enter a military shipbuilding installation??

?The plan was to fly the shuttle as close into the star system as possible and then to broadcast a distress signal, asking for aid for a damaged shuttle. They?re hoping to blunder their way into the system long enough to be able to ask some questions.?

The Emperor laughed. ?An audacious plan! I like that! All right, I?ll instruct the commander a

15. Gabri_Jade

Nov 9, 2002
    I learned a new vocabulary word! Manubrium, manubrium....

Someone in Leia's team is reporting directly to the Emperor? :eek: Shocking development, this is. Wouldn't be so very surprising to have a spy, but to report directly to the Emperor himself...intriguing that the Emperor is taking such an interest. The Rebels have stumbled upon more than they bargained for, methinks.

"--you're in no position to act as though you suddenly grew a brain!"

Oh, I like! :D Must remember that line...

"I'm not interested in your pseudonym," the Emperor said, cutting him off.

Tricky, LadyPadme! Now we can't trace him! You aren't going to let us have any information that easily, are you? *sighs* Time to put on the old thinking cap...

16. thebadge

thebadge Jedi Master star 4

Mar 15, 2002
    Things are heating up.

thebadge

17. Knight-Ander

Knight-Ander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    Oooo... SAT words. That brings back some horrible nightmares, I must say. :p

There's a mole amongst Leia's phony reporters. I've never trusted the media. :mad: ;)

And what did this guy screw-up doing on Hoth? Got to know the answer to that.

Another great post. :D

Happy New Year to you, too, LP.

:::throws confetti and sets-off firecrackers without losing a finger:::

18. Puggy

Puggy Jedi Master star 3

Oct 1, 2002
    OoOoOoO the big baddie himself, the Emperor, makes an appearance! You know, when I was younger, I used to always think Darth Vader was the bad guy... I actually have no recollection as to what I thought of Palpatine...

Anyway, nice work, LadyPadmé! I read somewhere that you had posts up to April 23rd--and you're not even done writing! Goodness gracious!

19. Diabla

Diabla Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 30, 2002
    *crosses arms over chest*
    How could you? lol, Vadey is not the bad guy! He's the tradgic hero! Palpy is the one who's pure evil! ;)

And yes, I have seen Dagobah... oo look rain, how scary, and uncomfortable, and poor Lukie!... Don't mind me, I'm just bitter 'cause right now, it's about -28 in Canada, and you're feeling sorry for a guy in the rain....

Anyway, I'm done ranting. Great post LP Palpy is really hard to write, and you did him so well! Can't wait for more. ;)

Oh, and happy new year!

- Dia

20. Gabri_Jade

Nov 9, 2002
    -28?! :eek: :eek: :eek:

I take it back. (Well, mostly. I still wouldn't want to sleep in the open on Dagobah.) My sympathies are now directed toward you, Diabla. I don't think I've ever been in temperatures that cold. Actually, with my lack of cold tolerance, I'd probably flash freeze and that'd be the end of me....

And we might feel sorry for Luke when Leia has the baby, LP? That's somewhat worrisome, I must say.

21. LadyPadme

Sep 26, 2002

Thanks for the posts...no time for individual replies. Will hopefully have internet access again by Sunday afternoon.

22. Bri_Windstar

Bri_Windstar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 27, 2002
    ! [face_laugh] And my mom says there's no one as bad as me! I wish i had all of the DVD sets, alas, they're too expensive for one w/ no steady source of income :)
    Their release dates DO work out very well for u, i must say!

I can't believe i didn't see it b4. Of course there's an Imp spy, there always is. Wonderful little twist of things, LP. I definately want to see where this development leads.

Ooh, why will we feel bad for Luke when Leia has the baby?!? I dont like the sound of that!!!!

Evil no good Palpatine........

:D

::Windstar Out::

23. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Another great one, LadyPadme! The new information about a traitor among the rebel's team is interesting. I like it! :D

24. Silver_Solo

Silver_Solo Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 13, 2002
    HAPPY ME!

Stupid spies. STUPID STUPID SPIES! Yoda could find out, yes, find this spy, he can. :)

25. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    I'm here! I'm HERE! :D :D :D

Great post! Great writing! What else is there to say? ;) ;) ;)