main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga In Name Only (H/L-AU Post-ANH) - Updated 7/19/07 - Demons in the Nighttime

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by LadyPadme, Feb 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    Baklavas for everybody to celebrate the first post, yes GreatOne I include you too- LOL! Thank you! :D :D

Actually, I could use a treat today. I had to put my 17 year old kitty down today because of kidney failure :(

2. calgary

calgary Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 3, 2004
    Hey, I went looking for this story (in the Beyond the Saga) then I remembered! AU too! You've got plenty of room to work with. Love the cover! Can't wait, because it's a great start.

3. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    sorry to hear that great one :( *hugs*

4. A-Windsor

A-Windsor Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2003
    :) Hehehehehehehehehehehe............... yayness... I can't wait for more! I'm quite giggly today... How was your Valentine's Day, My Lady? BB would like to know if you would be his Valentine...

A. Windsor and B. Bantha

5. LianaMara

LianaMara Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 30, 2000
    [face_laugh] Great beginning, LP! :D If the opening is this funny, I can't wait until you get going. Hehe,. *giggles* I love OT Han and Leia, and you write them perfectly. :*

*huddles with Bri* :p

6. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002
    Wow, after a day of being slaughtered on the Resource board, it's lovely to come back to Han and Leia and feel the love, here ;) :p [face_love]

KnightedRogue: Gaahhh! Wow, are you quick! :eek:

QueenofAces: Just what every girl dreams of--a sham marriage so that she can go undercover!

- Well, you know pretty much every girl here dreams of doing that with Han ;)

HanSolo29: Aren't problems what we like best? It makes H/L so much more fun!

- And thanks about the cover art. :D

TKL: Thanks, glad you like the banter. That's my favorite part of the whole H/L experience :D

Anyway, excited to see you posting a new story. I'm sure it will live up to my expectations...except the lack of Luke/Mara.

- If Gabri wants L/M, she could write some herself (hint, hint!)

Bri_Windstar: [:D] Always great to count you in ;)

TheBeardedLady: :rolleyes: Death threats again? You know I'm impervious to them.

- Unless you've got another locked box room puzzle :p

princess_meg: Ooh! Popcorn! Yum!!

Sara_Kenobi: Welcome along for the ride!

RebelMom: Great to have you along here. I've got to find something good to bribe my muse because she's become very high maintenance :p

GreatOne: Thanks! Hope you like what comes next.

[:D] Hugs to you for your kitty. Poor thing. :(

dm1: Nope, she doesn't care about him, doesn't want him and certainly doesn't love him! (Right....)

- Hey, it's a woman's perogative to change her mind, isn't it? ;)

JediFalcon: Welcome, and hope you like where it goes :)

jedi-lelila: Bienvenue, Mademoiselle! Merci!

zsuzsa: Welcome! Hope you like ;)

LaYa_: Ooh! Great to see you here. Say 'hi' to your mum for me! :)

AvenKiel: Wow, demanding! :p More coming tomorrow, like I promised ;)

DarthIshtar: Well, hope the rest of it captures your interest, too :)

kimmi: Great to have you along. :)

padawan_lunetta: Poor Han and Leia...Muwahahaha! If you only knew... [face_devil]

JediArwen: BAKLAVAS!!!! WOOOT! =P~ Welcome, welcome, welcome!!!

StarFighter5: Thanks! ;)

owphoenix: Thank you :)

Katarina42: Hope you like it :D

calgary: Yup. OT Han and Leia. My fave time period with them ;)

- And thanks, flattered you like the cover art! :)

A-Windsor: Awwww! I'll be BB's Valentine any day! Great to have you along!

LianaMara: Thank you :) I'm so glad to have you along.

More tomorrow, folks * waves *

7. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    GreatOne, sorry to hear about your kitty. It's tough losing a pet, especially when you have to make a decision like that. I guess it's one reason we own birds, they just up and die one day, no fuss. Still, they are part of the family and it's very difficult.

LP, it truly is a woman's perogative to change her mind, but do you really believe it's a case of changing minds, or does Leia just eventually realize what she has known all along? She's so confused...

Did I just read that right? More tomorrow? Wow!

8. Jedi_of_Imladris

Jedi_of_Imladris Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 14, 2004
    Wow! This story looks very interesting! And perfectly on time for Valentine's Day too! The cover art is very lovely, I especially like the looks on Han and Leia's faces.

?She sure needs something,? Han muttered.

Classic Han! Wonderful characterizations so far. I look forward to more soon!

9. LadyPadme

Sep 26, 2002

dm1: Well, perhaps Leia would claim she changed her mind to save face ;)

Jedi_of_Imladris: Welcome to the story. And thank you about the cover art!

More right away!

10. LadyPadme

Sep 26, 2002
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v472/naimeiy/Fanart/Chpt2.jpg]

?You can?t be serious!? Leia said. ?I?m not marrying him!?

?Please, let?s just look at this calmly?? Mon Mothma began, but Han cut her off.

?Look, General, I know I promised you one more mission but you sure as hell didn?t say anything about having to marry her!?

?You needn?t make it sound like it would be a fate worse than death!? Leia snapped.

?Listen, sweetheart, no offense, but suddenly the thought of meeting with Jabba the Hutt again is starting to look much more attractive.?

?Compared with you, the thought of marrying Jabba the Hutt would be an attractive one!? Leia shot back.

?I?d be happy to help you arrange that! It would solve your husband problem, wouldn?t it??

?I don?t have a husband problem because I?m not taking this mission.?

?Really?? Han raised his eyebrow. ?You? Refusing to take an assignment on behalf of the Alliance? I didn?t think you had any limits to what you would be willing to do.?

?The thought of marrying you would make anyone balk.?

?You?re just afraid you wouldn?t be able to resist my charms.?

?I?m actually afraid I wouldn?t be able to resist decking you!?

?No reward would be worth this,? Han muttered.

?Of course, it would just be money with you,? Leia sneered. ?You always think what you can get out of it?you?d never think of doing it for any altruistic purposes??

?To be charitable?? Han snorted. ?It really would be a charity to marry you, wouldn?t it??

?Interrogation on the Death Star was more fun than the prospect of marriage to you,? Leia shot back.

?And you ask why I think marriage to you would be a hardship? General, there?s got to be another mission you can assign to me,? Han said turning away from her.

?I?m sorry, Han, but pretty much every one else on base has already gotten assignments for the transfer to the Paqaania base. I thought that since you were planning on leaving, you could do this assignment and leave directly from Visuvius.?

?You?re leaving?? Leia asked coldly. ?I thought you had decided to stay.?

?That bounty hunter we ran into on Ord Mantell changed my mind.?

?And when were you going to say something? Or were you just going to sneak off in the middle of the night??

?Oh of course, for you, your Worship I?d be sure to write out a petition and kneel at your feet to wait for your approval.?

?You can write??

?Now, look here??

?Please calm down! Both of you!? Mon Mothma ordered. Although she hadn?t raised her voice, she carried enough authority to silence them both. ?Now, as I understand it, Leia, you would need to have a legal husband to carry out this mission, but again, you would need to be married in name only. And once this mission was over you could annul the marriage. So, in reality, the end result would be the same as if you went undercover posing as husband and wife. And haven?t you done that already??

Both Han and Leia were strangely silent for a moment and it was clear that they were both thinking about their mission to Akmiri 9 three months ago. They had posed undercover as husband and wife for two days while they met with an informant who gave them important intelligence regarding Imperial troop movements. Aside from the dry, official report they had given to the Alliance leadership upon returning, neither of them ever spoke of what happened during that mission to anyone else.

?I haven?t agreed to even take this mission,? Leia said averting her eyes from Han.

?And I sure as hell haven?t agreed to take this mission either,? Han seconded, looking away from Leia.

Mon Mothma glanced across the table toward General Rieekan and then looked back toward Leia. ?Leia, would you please come with me??

Reluctantly, Leia rose and followed the leader of the Alliance out of the conference room into a small antechamber.

As soon as the door closed, Leia squared her shoulders defiantly and said, ?I?m not marrying him. I?m not marrying anybody. Not even in name only. That?s asking too much of me!?

11. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    Oh wow! That was a great post! Such insults! Such slander! [face_laugh] All in front of witnesses, too. [face_laugh]

I like how Han caved in to this assignment a bit easier than Leia. And for a totally different reason, - jealousy! :D :D

12. rxchiquita

rxchiquita Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 21, 2003
    Oh, that was great - Divide and conquer, eh? ;)

----------------

?You told him about the reward the king is offering for a successful mission?? Dodonna asked.

Rieekan shook his head. ?No, I didn?t have to.?
    :D

13. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    This is good. I loved Rieekan's last line! He appealed to Han's inner feelings for Leia. Always liked Rieekan, he could see through all the garbage and get right to the heart of the matter. He manipulated the schedules to get Han in on this; what a matchmaker! At least Han recognizes some of his feelings for Leia.

I knew someone would insult Han! They always do! I guess Leia feels she's the only one allowed, but she never insults his honor.

14. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    Riekeen is a sly fox he is, talking to Han like that and hitting the nail on the head with him, :D He pulled the strings so the two of them could be together muwahahahahaha loved the slander and insults to each other [face_laugh] something happened in the cave didn't it? and Han likes Leia, they just need to realize they need each other [face_mischief] [face_devil] :D besides having her married to Luke would complicate things anyways. [face_devil] can't marry your brother

more soon

15. KnightedRogue

KnightedRogue Jedi Master star 3

Aug 11, 2004
    That was hilarious!

The banter/insults were spot-on characterization, and the length of time it took to convince both to actually do it was realistic and not rushed. Fabulous, fabulous.

Hmm, a past mysetious night in a cave? Sounds interesting . . . and =D= to Rieekan for bring out the jealousy card on Han. The comment about Leia not having any living relatives was amusing, as well.

*sigh* A whole week, right? Oh, well - I'll just go write a bunch of mush to make up for it.

*KR*

PS: No, I'm not fast. That's the first time I'd ever done anything like that, and now it just appears annoying. [face_laugh] Sorry.

PPS: I'm sorry for your cat, GreatOne!

16. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Awe, Han loves her! That's why he agreed! That was just simply wonderful, LP. :)

17. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    I'm really enjoying this. Han and Leia seem right at home bickering - it's what they do best! LOL.

Loved the last line. Very nicely done!

18. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    My fave insult was "You can write?" Hilarious by the moment. And ew, you suggested they talk to Commander Skywalker...that's not even legal in Arkansas! (No offense to Arkansians, justthink it sounds funny to say that.)

19. Jedi_of_Imladris

Jedi_of_Imladris Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 14, 2004
    Have Janson marry Leia if Han wouldn't agree?!? Oh, poor Leia! I like how you have Han wanting to protect Leia and keep her from harm...as well as being jealous. Rieekan sure knows Han well...as Mon Mothma knows Leia. Funny how Han wasn't told of the reward and he agreed to go, while Leia had to be told of the gain the Rebels would make in order for her to agree to go. Great update! And more lovely cover art!

20. Katarina42

Katarina42 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 10, 2001
    Yes, I like it very much so far :D

Got to love good Han and Leia banter [face_laugh]

Kat

21. princess_meg

princess_meg Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 22, 2004
    I love the banter. Especially the whole "you can read?" line.

ANd Kudos to Reeikan for knowing Han so well. It's hilarious how Leia was the one that had to be bribed into agreeing and all Han had to hear was "Leia needs you." It's going to be an interesting honeymoon to say the least.

22. LianaMara

LianaMara Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 30, 2000
    Great post, LP. :D Rieekan is a sly bugger, playing on Han's jealousy like that - I've always liked him. And it was interesting how differently Han and Leia had to be convinced.

But the banter was perfect. ;)

?Compared with you, the thought of marrying Jabba the Hutt would be an attractive one!?

*giggles*

I can help thwack your muse into submission if you want. [face_mischief]

23. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I just loved this exchange!

?Listen, sweetheart, no offense, but suddenly the thought of meeting with Jabba the Hutt again is starting to look much more attractive.?

?Compared with you, the thought of marrying Jabba the Hutt would be an attractive one!? Leia shot back.

?I?d be happy to help you arrange that! It would solve your husband problem, wouldn?t it??

?I don?t have a husband problem because I?m not taking this mission.?

[face_laugh] These two are so funny together! Absolutely great work!

24. QueenOfAces

QueenOfAces Jedi Master star 2

Jun 10, 2003
    I just love how they were so focused on the insults that they didn't even pay attention to the fact they were arguing in front of the rebel leaders. :) All that passion...just a time bomb waiting to go off.

And...what's this about the cave? Hmmm...very interesting tidbits you chose to share.

Looking forward to more.

25. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I'm gonna sound like I'm rehashing, but the banter was great! You captured Han and Leia perfectly. :D

And now you have me wondering about this cave...you better reveal more about that. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.