main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga In Plain Sight: Luke's Story -- ANH AU - complete -- Thanks for your support in the Awards!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by furrylittlebantha, Apr 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Oh, the power Luke could weild is pulling at him. Makes me wonder how he will choose to use it, or how someone will choose to exploit it.

Wonderful update, your writing always amazes me! =D=

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Hee!! Lecherous old fart at least can't be faulted for taste!! [face_laugh] :)
    Countess Claria, how cool is that? :)
    This Melgida--fascinating OC there. :)
    Superb update, and thanks. :D

3. BrentusofGath

BrentusofGath Jedi Master star 4

Aug 12, 2005
    Mara quickly smoothed the grin into a polite and somewhat coy smile. Why, nothing at all, she wanted to say. Just envisioning what your face would look like if I reshaped it a little.
    "Why, nothing at all," she said instead. "Just envisioning what these gardens are like in early spring."

LOL! Go Mara! Beat that obnoxious dude!

She noticed he spent a disproportionate time of the bow at her chest-level.

Ah, such is the privilege of rank. :p

I will say this: we are neither of us what we pretend to be. But then, much is hidden in this Empire, is it not?"

Splashes of treason behind her words?

The laughter becomes a scream. His mouth opens in a snarl, and blood drips out from the corners. The power is killing him.

Very cool. [face_devil] Decrepit and sinister.

He is losing. He knows it. Behind the yellow in his eyes, a dull red light glows. The red cast deepens every day. It is the color of a dying star.

Awesome imagery! =D= Very good, furry. I can't wait for more!

4. JEDIFLYSWATTER

JEDIFLYSWATTER Jedi Master star 3

Dec 10, 2004
    This is a very fine story. I wonder if that was Mara that Luke's friend saw. Palpatine must feel something going on in the Force with Luke so close. Please add me to your PM list and I must agree with the group. Sola needs to be B***H SLAPPED for treating Luke so badly when he was a little guy. If I looked into those beautiful blue eyes and sweet face, I'd turn into a pile of goo. Thanks!@};-

5. Anakinfan2006

Anakinfan2006 Jedi Youngling

Aug 23, 2006
    interesting story !

i cant wait to read when vader found out that luke is his son.

or that when mara and luke meet first time.

will it be love at first sight ?

6. StarFighter5

StarFighter5 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    The meeting between Luke and Mara is sure to be an interesting one, and I wonder if she will let him know her outside or her assumed identity.

7. SITHTIFF

SITHTIFF Jedi Youngling

Aug 1, 2006
    This such a great fic!!!! I have to agree with the rest who found Solo to be cold and creepy. However, her resentment toward Luke is rather plausable. I do like what you have done with the characters Luke and Mara. The emperor and Vader are dark and menacing still...but you have added a darker quality to them...at least from the little blips I have seen so far. Anyway,I am eager to see how this turns out. Btw...is Leia the "nothing?" Add me to your PM list please :) Thanks

8. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    The Countess Claria was a perfect lady. Gracious, poised, intelligent, she always acted with flawless etiquette and still managed to put one at ease. Her appearance was never anything but correct, every hair in place, every shoulder-sculp straight. Her voice was mild and her posture exquisite.

Mara Jade was heartily sick of Countess Claria.

That's our Mara all right! [face_laugh]

Another superb update! =D=

9. leia_naberrie

leia_naberrie Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2002
    I read this in one sitting. I think this story is fantastic - original idea and marvellous execution. Please put me on the PM list if you have one. Thanks!

10. tasujad

tasujad Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 16, 2005
    you have created very exiting scenery and very interesting characters =D=
    and the pace is so painfully and enjoyably slow :_|:cool:

Could you please wrote Luke's interview a longer[face_praying] , i would sooooo much like to read the dynamics of two strong and witty character [face_blush]

so could you put me in to the PM list please [face_praying]

11. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Wonderful job capturing Mara's character.

How very interesting she may be sponsoring a brat herself.

Great update

=D==D==D==D=

12. David_Skywalker01

David_Skywalker01 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2006
    Great update it is so well writen!=D= =D=

Thanks for the PM and I can't wait for the next update!:cool:

13. JediVegeta

JediVegeta Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2000
    Hee hee. Mara. I was wondering if she would punch him, knock him out and throw him in a fountain or something. :p Looking forward to her character arc.

And Luke feeling the power of the force and not being trained with a psycho mad man laughing it up in the darkness...not a good combination, obviously. Sort of worried for him, yet, I really want to see what is going to happen. Well, not an amazing review, but just saying great job and make the next post soon as you can.

And don't get burned out in the process! :)

14. petra_delling

petra_delling Jedi Youngling

Apr 6, 2004
    I love your story. Will you add me to the PM list please?

15. PadawanMom5610

PadawanMom5610 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 11, 2007
    Wow, this story is really intriguing. My heart breaks for Luke. Sola's attitude toward him was very much how I imagine Owen's was. Interesting that he's turned inward in this story, rather than looking outward, to escape his situation.

I'm glad Mara's there. She will definitely spice up Luke's life. And what will happen when Palpatine sees Luke?

Please add me to your PM list.

16. furrylittlebantha

furrylittlebantha Jedi Master star 3

Dec 2, 2005
    Jade_Pilot: Wow, thank you! I'm glad you approve of the characterizations. I've been a little nervous about everything, since it's so AU, and it's wonderful to get feedback.

I'm wondering if L/M will meet up. Hmmmm...

[face_batting]

G_Anakin: Thanks! Sure, I'll PM you. :)

RedGold: [face_devil] :D

divapilot: You're heartily welcome! At first, I was going to leave Luke with the Organas, but then it occured to me that the Naberries were right there too. You betcha something evil cometh!! Buhahaha...

ginchy: It's pulling at him, and at somebody else, too...[face_devil] I guess we'll just have to wait and see which way he goes.

Thank you for reading and replying!

Jade_eyes: No kidding. [face_laugh] As soon as I read Allegience, I was like, "dang. Gotta use Countess Claria!" She is majorly cool. Glad you like Melgida; she's the major OC in this story.

BrentusofGath: Heehee! If he pushed her too hard, she would, I'm sure.

Treason? What treason? [face_batting] My lips are sealed.

Glad you liked the bit with Palps; that was fun to write.

JEDIFLYSWATTER: Awesome username. :D I wonder if that was Mara that Luke's friend saw. Palpatine must feel something going on in the Force with Luke so close.

*whistles*

Yuppers about Sola. Can't she see how cute he is?

Anakinfan2006: i cant wait to read when vader found out that luke is his son.

or that when mara and luke meet first time.

will it be love at first sight ?

*whistles some more* :D

StarFighter5: Luke and Mara will meet. That's all I can confirm or deny. :p

SITHTIFF: Thank you! However, her resentment toward Luke is rather plausable And thank you especially for that.:) I was trying not to make her too stereotypical. Glad you're reading!

VaderLVR64: The Mara we know and love. :D Thank you!

leia_naberrie: One sitting? Wow. I'm flattered. Thank you! I'll definitely add you to the PM list.

P.S. You know, your username is singularly appropriate...:p

tasujad: Hope it's not going too slow...:p

Fraid the interview's not going to be in there, but don't worry. There'll be more Melgida/Luke/Mara interaction in the future. Consider yourself added to the PM list!

KELIA: Thank you! I love Mara uber much. Heehee, good point. Thanks!

David_Skywalker01: You're absolutely welcome! I'm glad you're liking this.

JediVegeta: Any update is an amazing one. ;)

And Luke feeling the power of the force and not being trained with a psycho mad man laughing it up in the darkness...not a good combination, obviously.

Yup.

I'll try not to get burned out, and honestly I don't see that happening. I'm so into this plot, it just writes itself! Five chapters ahead already...I feel virtuous.

petra_delling: Thanks! :) I'll add you to the PM list. petra...an Orson Scott Card fan, by any chance?

PadawanMom5601: Poor Lukie. Never gets a break. Interesting, that parallel you draw between Sola and Owen. I hadn't really thought about it that way. Yes, he's very much turned in instead of out, and it will affect how he deals with stuff...

And what will happen when Palpatine sees Luke?

[face_skull] Hehehe....

The PM list is as follows:

Ginchy
    JediVegeta
    Brentus
    Jade_eyes
    MsLanna
    DarthVaderette
    David_Skywalker01
    cooldamien
    KELIA
    Jade_Pilot
    MirandaFair
    VaderLVR64
    RedGold
    divapilot
    G_Anakin
    JEDIFLYSWATTER
    SITHTIFF
    leia_naberrie
    tasujad
    petra_delling
    PadawanMom5610

If you ever want to be taken off, just let me know!

Next update should be this Sat, or tonight, if I have time...

17. furrylittlebantha

furrylittlebantha Jedi Master star 3

Dec 2, 2005
    Chapter 3

============

?You look good, kid.?

Luke brushed self-consciously at his slicked-back hair. ?Thanks,? he mumbled. ?Senator??

?Kid. You look great. What else matters? I promise you, you?ll do fine up there. More than fine.? She flashed him a strange, almost predatory grin. ?You?ll do brilliant.? The senator swished ahead of him then, and Luke had to trot to keep pace.

Brilliant, she said. How did she know? He?d been her intern for only two weeks now, and try as he might, Luke couldn?t recall a single incident that would have given her the impression that?that?

Oh, shavit. ?How? wasn?t the only question he harbored about Twansa Melgida. Why me and who is she and what the heck have I gotten myself into figured pretty prominently, too. A few of the questions had been answered. Between the endless busywork she gave him (all observed, he was sure) and the few, cryptic conversations they shared, he had found opportunity to do some observation of his own. The problem was, every answer invariably sprouted a dozen more questions.

She wanted him for something, that was for sure. That first week had been the test. No, it was even earlier?the interview. The path of her questioning seemed random to him then, but later, he realized it was like the puzzles he used to work on rainy days. Nothing was disordered or purposeless when you had the picture of how things were going to turn out. Melgida was running him through a maze in that interview, watching to see if he fit her pattern.

And apparently, he did. No words had been exchanged, but Luke felt her hard black eyes on him throughout the day, evaluating, calculating. There were more tests?convenient opportunities to steal a petty valuable, slip-ups by other staff members he could have used to further himself by blackmail or betrayal. There were hastily sealed envelopes he could have opened, half-opened doors he could have stood by, whispered conversations, hints of intrigue he could have filed away for future leverage. He did, of course; it would have been stupid not to. But he never actually used them, or gave any indication of desire in that direction. Why would he? Sometimes, in the privacy of his quarters, he laughed at the whole thing. All this dancing around and hush-hush complexity, just for him. Fifteen-year old Luke Varewé, disfavored son of sub-sector governors.

Then one day, the tests stopped. When he felt the black eyes on him, they no longer evaluated, but instead reveled in a kind of grim glee. She began to speak to him more often, drop smiles and passing touches on the shoulder that smacked of the friendly. He recalled one conversation in particular.

The balcony was cool and blue in the rising starlight. Luke wore a tailored, fitted outfit that made him feel uncomfortable?especially when the fourth girl in a row batted her eyelashes at him. Well, it wasn?t his fault. The clothes had been chosen for him, like everything else in this new life.

He stood several meters from where Senator Melgida held her whispered conference, a respectful distance, but still near enough to hear her if she summoned. He still wasn?t quite sure why he was here. Hardly any staff attended this function, and as far as he could tell, he was the only intern. The senator?s behavior puzzled him further. She had danced just once, with a short, bearded man in military garb. Neither looked like they were having much fun. After, the military man had left immediately, whereupon Senator Melgida retreated to this balcony and proceeded to talk quietly and at length with three or four knots of elegantly-clad party-goers.

Finally, this last group went on their way. Luke hoped she was ready to go. His legs were tired, and he was thirsty. A punch bowl on the other side of the ballroom had been calling his name for the last hour. To his disappointment, she drifted further out on the balcony, rested against it and stared out beyond the twinkling city below. Luke tried to gauge her inattention, wondered if he could make it to the punch bowl and back before

18. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    Great job!

I like your user name!

19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    This is getting more fascinating with each update. :D Melgida's either a Jedi or Sith undercover. My bet's on the former but ... [face_thinking] ;) Thanks for the PM, and I do hope your computer doesn't fizzle. I'd hate for this story to grind to a halt. [face_laugh]

20. BrentusofGath

BrentusofGath Jedi Master star 4

Aug 12, 2005
    Why me and who is she and what the heck have I gotten myself into figured pretty prominently, too.

LOL! Poor whiny Luke. Though he's not doing as much whining as he usually does. More quiet calculating, listening to intrigue.

You must prove that the blood of the Sk-"

:eek: She knows who he is, or was led to suspect.

Never, master. Never again. Tonight all their plans come undone. I have made it so...

Cool, the building talks again. I love it when the walls speak to me- uh, I mean Luke. ;)

How do I get into these things?

LOL! Now there's whiny Luke.

and WOW! The three stooges (Obi-Wan, Vader and Palps) felt his presence on the podium. There's a big collision a'brewin' and I can't wait to see it! =D=

21. tasujad

tasujad Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 16, 2005
    Is this the beginning of the Jedis end OR
    the beginning of the sith's end?:confused:[face_thinking]

Oh well, will be tuning in to the next update :-B

22. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    Ack, forgot to commetn on the öast chapter. M ybad.[face_beatup]
    This is TOS-violating brilliant. Totally love the story-telling and scheming Melgida[face_worried] I'm not sure on whose side she is.

23. PadawanMom5610

PadawanMom5610 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 11, 2007
    Thank you for the PM and the update! Hm, what is she up to? I don't like all her secrets any more than Luke does. :D And who is the voice, if it's not Palpatine? It looks like we will see some Jedi/Sith action soon.[face_dancing]

24. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Oh, my!! So much intrigue! Three chapters in and I'm already confused, wondering, salivating at what comes next. LOL!

Why me and who is she and what the heck have I gotten myself into figured pretty prominently, too.

Yeah, Luke, I want to know, too!

Excellent story you're weaving here, gal! Thanks for the PM and good luck with your computer! [:D]

25. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    In a small hut on the other side of the galaxy, an old man sits bolt upright, sweat pouring down his face

?No?? he gasps. ?They were not nightmares, then. Sola has failed us.?

On an arrow-shaped vessel of war, a man sleeps who is neither dead nor truly alive, neither good nor wholly bad, neither light nor dark, neither man nor machine. He also feels the ripple. In the hyperbaric chamber, he raises a scarred head and wonders.

Very close to the ripple?s origin, a third man meditates in the center of a storm. The roaring wind carries him a suggestion hidden in its ravaging. He catches it, holds it in his palms, turns it over and over, thinking.

A bloody smile spreads across his face.

Oh my! :eek: [face_worried]

Another wonderful update! =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.