main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga In Plain Sight: Luke's Story -- ANH AU - complete -- Thanks for your support in the Awards!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by furrylittlebantha, Apr 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediVegeta

JediVegeta Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2000
    Hee hee...evil. [face_devil] In a good way! :D

I find this voice intriguing. I keep wondering if it is Palpatine, the darkside in gerneral or something else. And this Senator is also interesting. I do like her, but what is her story. Some one says she may be a Jedi in disguise or something, but I dunno...I will be looking forward to this OC of yours and what you will do with her.

As for Obi-Wan...duh. Sola was NOT the best place. And now Luke is definatly NOT in the best place. Sort of wonder why she was picked instead of the Lars. Will you go into that more, perhaps?

...Jedi, jedi, jedi...:oops:

Great post as usual, and by burned out, I meant by the last weeks of school for you! :D It can be stressful, so I was wishing you much luck! :)

2. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Ooohhh so Melgida is aware of Luke's true heritage.

[face_worried] [face_worried] [face_worried] [face_worried]

I can only hope her agenda is evil.

The voice in Luke's head is very creepy

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

3. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    This is absolutely fascinating! =D= My first thoughts about Luke's new found confidence is that he's being controlled like Mara was when she was Palpatine's hand.

I like the intrigue a lot and of course the interplay between Luke and Melgida.

Bravo! =D=

4. Jaded_Rose

Jaded_Rose Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 15, 2006
    Melgida makes me rather nervous, but perhaps her machinations will help Luke. Will he and Mara ever meet?

Please add me to the PM list!

J_Ro

5. leia_naberrie

leia_naberrie Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2002
    I heart Talking!Snarky! Palace. :p Thanks for the PM!

6. David_Skywalker01

David_Skywalker01 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2006
    Great job on the chapter!

Thanks for the PM!

7. JEDIFLYSWATTER

JEDIFLYSWATTER Jedi Master star 3

Dec 10, 2004
    Well I would say that a boulder just fell into the rich pool called the Force. Poor Luke does not know what is going on around there. He even hears ghosts. Great post and thanks.@};-

8. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    You are angry with this woman not because of a mystery withheld, but because of love withheld. You fear tonight because you fear to disappoint her. Do not fear, master. More power lies in you than you know. Her love is irrelevant, however. The power is everything.

This is a colder, more cynical Luke than the wide-eyed farmboy we are used to. What if Luke had been brought up like his mother, as a politician? I can think of another Force sensitive politician from Naboo.

I wonder if Luke will consider that the "power is more important than love" attitude will apply to Mara, too. And I wonder if she believes the same way.

Another excellent update, Furry!!! =D=

9. SITHTIFF

SITHTIFF Jedi Youngling

Aug 1, 2006
    I am sooo curious as to who or what Melgida is!!! Also, the whole "talking palace" thingy is another curiosity. I have a feeling that the Emperor is going to have a great day in the art of manipulation very soon. I hope Vader gets to him first though...I think. Anyway, another intriguing and excellent post. Thanks :)

10. jade_angel

jade_angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2001
    Blaaaargh I need more! The story's so compelling, especially since I only have an inkling as to where you're trying to push Luke. Please update soon and also, I wouldn't mind being added to your PM list :)

11. Independence1776

Independence1776 Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 3, 2006
    Oh, wow. This is a unique story. Luke at the Palace, Mara being curious as usual, Jedi concerned, and Palpatine happy. I'm not sure I like where this is heading... But I look forward to the journey.

Could I please be on the PM list?

12. furrylittlebantha

furrylittlebantha Jedi Master star 3

Dec 2, 2005
    Hey, everybody! :) Just poppping in to let you know that I'm heading out for vacation, and it'll be about two weeks before I can get the next chapter up. Grr. You'd think they'd put internet in that beach house for what we're paying for it...:mad: There's a small chance I can access the internet at a library, but furrylittlebantha maketh no promises that she might not be able to keep and she is also feeling like randomly refering to herself in third person. Okay. 8-}

:D

Thanks for reading! You guys are great.

13. MotionWright

MotionWright Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 15, 2007
    Enjoy your vacation! :) I know all too well how exhausting writing can be.

I like this story. It is intriguing and original. Your writing is refreshingly rich in imagery.

And then, suddenly, the fear evaporated. His back straightened of its own accord. His mind cleared; no, more than cleared. Every thought was crisply outlined, frozen, clear, like deadly crystals. A strange confidence shot up his spine.

Luke laughed shortly and adjusted the microphone.

What happened to Luke at the debate doesn't really surprise me. The same thing happened to me a few months ago, and I'm pretty sure I don't have the Force. ;) I was nervous like hell, and then, just as I took my place behind the stand, my mind was suddenly clear; all the arguments were ready in my head - I didn't even need to look at my notes - and I knew that whatever the opposing team's spokesperson came up with, I would have a good counterargument ready. Amazing, isn't it? And some people wonder why I love politics... O:)

14. Kyana-Morgaine

Kyana-Morgaine Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 29, 2004
    Wow! Intersting story! Please PM me when you're going to update!

15. satanat_solo

satanat_solo Jedi Master star 1

Sep 12, 2005
    wow, this is fantastic so far!=D=
    I don't think i've ever read anything with this sort of premise.
    (and very well writen might i add..)

enjoy your holiday and plleease add me to your pm list?

16. furrylittlebantha

furrylittlebantha Jedi Master star 3

Dec 2, 2005
    Hi everyone,

Got back into town last night and am graduating tomorrow, so I just have time to post the next chappie before dashing off again. I'll have to get to individual replies after the Senior trip. :_|

You guys are wonderful, though. The response I've gotten from this fic has made it one of the most rewarding experiences of my life. Thank you so much for reading, and I hope you enjoy the next installment!

==========================

=====================

Chapter Four

The applause was thunderous for the dark horse victor. Mara joined in reluctantly. He had done well, and deserved to win. His opponent?she forgot her name?was very good, too, and spoke with more polish. It was clear that she had expected to demolish this unknown, picked out of the blue to replace an ill finalist. Mara couldn?t see well from the back of the room, but the girl?s sense was comfortably smug and relaxed.

It was literally seconds before that relaxation deteriorated. Minutes before the smugness began to fade, and not long at all when she was far from comfortable.

The girl was good, but the boy was brilliant.

It was almost painful to watch him pick apart her arguments, dangle the flawed pieces before the audience, then smoothly reconstruct them into a weapon of his own to fling at her. Mara watched him carefully the whole time. From the first moment, his posture and voice were bristling with power, a strange mixture of unbridled virility and refined control. There was no hesitation, no stumbling, no stalling and scrambling for a rebuttal. Only an unbroken stream of manipulation?a hunt, in which the girl was the prey. Again and again he lured her with falsely weak positions, maneuvered her, lulled her to a sense of safety, and moved in swiftly and triumphantly for the kill. Always on the offensive. Never giving her a chance to do anything but block and recover.

The debate was not long.

She was simply no match.

Mara folded her hands together after the few perfunctory claps and scanned the room for Varewé?s sponsor. He should be on the front row, positioned just below and to the right of the champion?s podium?

Oh.

Not a he. A she. That she. Mara pushed aside the heavy velvet of the box?s curtains and started moving towards the stage.

In a way, it was not surprising. She had expected to cross paths with Twansa Melgida again, and she had expected the encounter to be interesting. Considering the circumstances, she had probably been right.
    Varewé leapt down to speak with the senator, looking shy and proud. Melgida looked?

Mara couldn?t place the expression. It reminded her a little of the Emperor?s face when she pleased him, but more fierce, more compassionate, and more conflicted; frightened but exhilarated at the same time. Varewé turned to answer a holo-reporter. Melgida reached out a hand slowly, as if to touch his shoulder, and just then, someone brushed past, blocking Mara?s view. When it cleared, the politician?s arms were at her sides.

Yes. The encounter was going to be very interesting.

By the time she shouldered her way through the crowd, Melgida was engaged in another conversation. She paused briefly when Mara came close, caught her gaze.

?Shirking your duties, tonight, are you Countess? I?d think your social calendar would be packed on such a fine evening.?

?My night off,? Mara shot back. The senator grinned.

?How convenient for us, then. Varewé! Varewé, meet Countess Claria, a very dear, ah, acquaintance of mine. Don?t just stand there and look pretty; talk to her, boy!? With an irritated wave, she returned to her conversation. Mara shrugged and took stock of Luke Varewé. He was slightly shorter than she, neither thin nor stout, and had a way of holding himself that suggested shyness. But how could he be, after tonight?

?So, you?re the one,? she commented. He cocked his head quizzically.

?The one??

?The one she picked for her grand scheme.?

?Oh. That scheme.? His tone did not change. Mara raised an eyebrow.

?And do you kno

17. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    Yay, the Emperor is after him.
    And I wonder where Melgida has gone to. She won't abandon him to old wrinkleface, will she?[face_worried]

18. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    And yet, as he hurried to catch up with the flowing black robes, he wondered just what it was he was following, and where he would find himself at the end.

[face_worried] [face_worried]

Yeah, I'm worried about that, too. Excellent lead up to the Emperor approaching Luke, and how he found himself all alone, except for Mara nearby. I enjoyed their talk, too. Can't wait for more! Good luck with your fanfic withdrawl! ;) [:D]

19. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    The story is fantastic! I love all the little nuances and characerizations. I like how you've brought Luke and Mara together early rather than later.

Very creative and intriguing. :)

Bravo! =D=

20. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    Great Job!

21. Mystic665

Mystic665 Jedi Master star 1

Oct 23, 2003
    w00t for updates!

22. JEDIFLYSWATTER

JEDIFLYSWATTER Jedi Master star 3

Dec 10, 2004
    Mara must be wondering what that intense interest her master all of a sudden has in this young man. I know what her interest proubly is in him because mine would be in the same place.[face_blush] I bet the Jedi sure are not pleased at all about Sola dumping poor Luke like she did. Sad part about that entire thing is that poor Luke also knows that he has been dumped off and treated like an outcast by her and his so called family. What is Vader going to do once he feels and sees him. Can not wait. Super job, have fun on your Senior Trip, and congrats on finishing High School.=D= Thanks. @};-

23. BrentusofGath

BrentusofGath Jedi Master star 4

Aug 12, 2005
    Melgida reached out a hand slowly, as if to touch his shoulder, and just then, someone brushed past, blocking Mara's view. When it cleared, the politician's arms were at her sides.

[face_thinking] Hmmm, I wonder what she did to the boy.

"The one she picked for her grand scheme."

"Oh. That scheme." His tone did not change. Mara raised an eyebrow.

"And do you know what it is yet?"

"Not quite. You?"

ROTFLOL!!! I love his calculated apathy. That's a new charactere trait for our boy, lol. But it fits.

He could not see the Emperor's face under the cowl, but Luke thought he detected a faint gleam, just for an instant.

Hehe, the gleam of hope for the future. [face_devil]

Something about that choice of terminology made him feel distinctly uneasy.

[face_devil] Face your destiny, young man. You will give in. :D

Ahead of him, Emperor Palpatine smiled for the second time that day.

LOL! I'll bet. Palpatine can hear the palace speak to the boy can he? Hmmm, very interesting.

Palpy's gonna win! Luke's gonna be his new apprentice! Yay! [face_dancing]

I'm really loving the evil you've cooked up here, can ya tell? ;)

24. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Loved the whole chapter, but especially this section:

?So, you?re the one,? she commented. He cocked his head quizzically.

?The one??

?The one she picked for her grand scheme.?

?Oh. That scheme.? His tone did not change. Mara raised an eyebrow.

?And do you know what it is yet??

?Not quite. You??

?I?m working on it.?

?Sorry I couldn?t be more help.? He caught her eye, a small smile on his face. She hesitated, then let out the breath she?d been holding and laughed quietly.

?Do you ever feel like a dejarik piece around here??

His smile turned wry. ?All the time.?

Mara decided she liked that smile. And his eyes; they were a nice color. And his chin...

?I??

It hit her with the force of a hurricane, hungry and blazing with energy. Usually, Palpatine?s presence was warm to her mind, gentle.

There was nothing gentle about his approach tonight.

Her Master drew near, and Mara Jade was afraid. For the first time in her life

=D=

25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Yay!! Luke and Mara meet!! :) Palps and Luke too [face_worried]
    Great conversations all around. =D=
    Woohoo!! Things are heating up!! :D
    Have a great trip. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.