main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussions In real life what would you be a Jedi or a Sith?

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Teegirloo, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    A wandering grey jedi would be cool too.

2. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    As I walk thru life i continue to see it as of a Jedi. I admit it's fun to play a Sith but honestly couldn't do it in rl because i try to be positive and constructive about life and all things in general.

3. Adrian the Cool

Adrian the Cool Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    The Star Wars galaxy has quadrillions of people living there, while, at least during the Prequel era, there were only 10,000 Jedi and 2 Sith. During the Old Republic the Jedi were more while the Sith did not even exist up until 7,000 years before the films and over 18,000 after hyperspace travel. So, those are not in the slightiest way representative for normal people in this fictional universe, the Star Wars stories just focus on them. About 99,99% of people in that galaxy have never ever seen a Jedi or Sith in (their) real life.

Imagine to show some cave guy on from an isolated island the Marvel films and then ask him: "If ye would live in America, would ye be a superhero or H.Y.D.R.A. membre?"

Last edited: Mar 27, 2019
    clone commander bossk likes this.
  4. Atollon_Dweller

Atollon_Dweller Jedi Youngling

Apr 19, 2019
    I'd wanna be a Cade Skywalker type of jedi. I'd dabble in the darkside but only channel that rage and power when necessary.
    But i would always do the right thing
    . I would strive to atleast.

5. Merlyn Emerald

Merlyn Emerald Jedi Master star 3

Jan 3, 2019
    I'd go neutral. But honestly, I'd like to be a Sith. Just no killing, okay? Because a Sith be easier, no restrictions... You only live once. And I just do not believe that there is something good in the world - there is no friendship or love, no one can be trusted, and even a crisis... Try being light in this ****... Sith, only a Sith.

6. Darth Maul Apprentice

Darth Maul Apprentice Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2014
    Straight up Sith, although I probably wouldn't take an apprentice, cause he (or she) would just be waiting to kill me and take my action figures :D

7. AllTheSingleMaras

AllTheSingleMaras Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 16, 2019
    Jedi, New Order style. I want a hubby and kids. No authentic monk life for me, please!

8. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    grey jedi who goes around fighting for whatever he believes in

Iron_lord likes this.
  9. AllTheSingleMaras

AllTheSingleMaras Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 16, 2019
    [​IMG]

Hoping this works... still trying to figure out posting pics. Junior high me... about to attend a prequel premiere.

DANGIT... it didn’t work! So it can’t be off of Instagram either???

Help me, Obi-wan Kenobi. I’m basic as a brick...

Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
  10. QuiGonJinn911

QuiGonJinn911 Jedi Youngling

Apr 3, 2020
    Grey Jedi like Qui-Gon

11. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    I would be a Grey Jedi.

12. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    Ideally? Jedi. Realistically, perilously close to the dark side more often than I care to admit.

IG: @jedisufism

13. Christus Regnet

Christus Regnet Jedi Master star 3

Mar 10, 2016
    A Jedi. I don't want to hurt people, or become an immorally bankrupt sadist, or torture children. I just don't have what it takes to get a job with the Sith, nor would I want it.

14. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    There is only the Force...:yoda::vader::ezra::kylo::ahsoka::kanan::qui::luke:[face_peace]

15. Christus Regnet

Mar 10, 2016
    There's also the Dark Side of that force, which some people just call "evil."

16. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    Lightside, Darkside, it's all One Force. It doesn't separate itself. :qui:

Evil is Evil and Good is Good, these two are indeed separate.[face_coffee]

So who then commits the Good or the Evil? [face_thinking]

A little something for your meditation, this is.:yoda:

:-B[face_peace]

Aside: Awesome screename and avatar. Always loved Calvin and Hobbes.:)

EDIT: And it's not an 'actual' quote if you edit my emojis.... [face_shame_on_you] :p

Last edited: Apr 14, 2020
  17. Christus Regnet

Mar 10, 2016
    sorry

18. Nhisso

Nhisso Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 30, 2020
    I would be a rogue force user. Neither the light or dark sides are inherently good or evil. Jedi always LIE and say only a sith deals in absolutes, and yet we saw time and time again that Jedi do deal in absolutes and would often rather virtue signal or stubbornly cling to some lie that if you adhere to some personal conviction of never ever doing "non-Jedi" accepted actions, every thing will work out fine. The irony of it all is that saying "only sith deal in absolutes", is a freakin absolute lol.

The argument can be made, that canonically, every thing, every decision; made by every one involved in the stories, were part of the destiny of the universe where every thing did work out and the "chosen one" ended up restoring balance to the universe when he tossed Palpatine down a hole. (of course, then the prequels happened-blech) But never-the-less, I'd like to think I would have been disillusioned by the Jedi Order, and certainly not going to support the beliefs of the Imperial sith, so I would have done my best to train hard to mask my force-presence so Jedi couldn't track me down because I would use my powers to get **** done. If i have to force choke a mofo to get information that will save lives, then so be it.

Last edited: May 6, 2020
  19. Christus Regnet

Mar 10, 2016
    "Only a Sith deals in absolutes" is not an absolute. He's saying "Only a Sith would say such a thing" as in "Anakin, that's Sith talk and nonsense, and you should know better. Look at what you've become."

So Obi Wan is definitely not saying "Sith are the only people in the Galaxy who go around making absolutist threats."

Anakin's statement was "If you are not with me, you are my enemy" meaning there's no room for debate, no compromise, no exceptions, and no mercy.

The Sith indeed deal in absolutes: The goal is absolute power, and absolute annihilation of their enemies.

20. Nhisso

Nhisso Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 30, 2020
    Obi Wan saying ONLY a sith would say such a thing, is an absolute. Obi saying that something that doesn't match his beliefs is ("you're with us or against us" is not the jedi way) is an absolute. Saying someone should know better than to believe what they believe, is an absolute.

Both Jedi and Sith deal in absolutes and the Jedi are often super hypocritical and short sighted and don't see how they too deal in absolutes quite often.

The issue at the end of what you said, is that you can substitute "absolute' for other words when you said "absolute power", "absolute annihilation". Those are NOT the only kind of absolutes Jedi talk about when saying only sith deal in absolutes.

Last edited: May 8, 2020
  21. Christus Regnet

Mar 10, 2016
    If someone said to another "only you could be so bold" it doesn't mean that person is implying "Literally only you, and no one else in the universe could be so bold."

Even if your interetation of the statement was correct, it still wouldn't make Obi Wan a hypocrite. Anakin is _dealing_ in absolutes. He's declaring his intentions and direct threat to Obi Wan.

If Obi Wan makes an "absolutist statement," he's merely expressing his opinion/observation on Anakin's new agenda. Even if we take the statement out of context and say that Obi Wan actually believes that only the Sith deal in absolutes, that doesn't mean Obi Wan is also dealing in absolutes by observing that and stating it out loud.

What other "absolutes" do the Jedi believe the Sith are dealing in? As far as I am aware. This is the one single statement on "dealing in absolutes" ever said by a Jedi.

If the Jedi were truly hypocritical about this statement, then they would attack anyone who isn't aiding the Republic in the war, whether they're neutral, Separatist, civilian or not, if they were not willing to swear allegiance to the Jedi.

Last edited: May 8, 2020
  22. Darthvader1975

Darthvader1975 Jedi Knight star 3

May 2, 2020
    I would be sith. Force lightning double blades the works. No question.

23. Darth Majestic

Darth Majestic Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 18, 2020
    Grey Jedi. Embodying the balance of the force. Conducting myself jedi like in public eye, but also using dark side if necessary to manipulate circumstances to maintain that balance.

24. QuiGonJinn911

QuiGonJinn911 Jedi Youngling

Apr 3, 2020
  25. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    Wandering Grey Jedi.