main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussions In real life what would you be a Jedi or a Sith?

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Teegirloo, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Nom von Anor

Nom von Anor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2012
    I lack the temperament and purity of heart to become a Jedi, and also lack the will to dominate others and even any kind of serious ambition. So I have no idea what I would end up being if I were Force-sensitive. Probably some sort of indefinable nutjob.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2022
  2. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Well, that's one way to play to your strengths. ;)

3. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    An honest man. :)

4. Darth Dnej

Darth Dnej Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2013
    I wouldn't ever be a Sith. But most of the Jedi Order incarnations are too dogmatic and passive in the wrong ways for me to be enthusiastic about being a Jedi. I would constantly argue with the Jedi High Council. I would be in the light, but I would likely not be a Jedi for all my life.

5. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    I wouldn't mind studying under the Aing-Tii they seem cool and interesting. I'd probably want to be some sort of "grey jedi" in the sense that I was a mostly independent agent who only reported to the council once a year or something.

CampOfSorgan likes this.
  6. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    After exploring what the Jedi say about the afterlife, I would IRL be a Sith.

7. Tython Awakening

Tython Awakening Force Ghost star 4

Oct 12, 2017
    I would be a sage jedi.

The dogma is there for initiates and padawans to build their understandings as one with the order. Without dogma, there can be no unity. Without unity, there can be no body.

A Jedi Master correcting and refining a padawan is good for the order. The master who fails to correct the youngling is more likely to have internal emotional turmoil that is masked by a thinly-veiled outward compliance, with an ever-eagerness to be over-accommodating to the gears and traps of the machine. Such a master chooses to numb the confusion and pain of his or her misunderstandings by simply nodding in approval to every outcome. Such cowardess should be extinguished from the order.

Separating dogmatic understandings from individual understandings is for levels higher up in the order. Initiates are blessed to have dogma so they can land properly on their feet when the wind changes direction, because it will. Without dogma, adepts cannot be passed the true inheritance of the Jedi Order.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2022
    SateleNovelist11 likes this.
  8. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    For a second I thought you wrote 'sarge jedi' and I was all like "No! That job is taken!" but then I reread and understood it and it's okay now. Carry on.

9. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    Because Sarge is our sage. :)

Sarge likes this.
  10. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Yes, but parsley, rosemary and thyme are right out.

11. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Don’t forget Turmeric.

12. Tython Awakening

Tython Awakening Force Ghost star 4

Oct 12, 2017
    I would be a fancy Sarge Jedi. Add a French pronoun in front of the Sarge Jedi title. Le Sarge Jedi

clone commander bossk and Sarge like this.
  13. Darth Vahvistaa

Darth Vahvistaa Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 17, 2022
    Sith. I seek knowledge without limitations.
    The Jedi fear ‘certain’ knowledge, while I don’t.

14. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    There are other.... downsides to being sith.

ConservativeJedi321 likes this.
  15. Ash_Skywalker

Ash_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 1

Jul 7, 2021
    I wanna be a Part time Jedi ...... part time Sith ;)

clone commander bossk likes this.
  16. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    You mean A Grey Jedi?

17. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Grey Jedi are Jedi that are either more independently minded or more able to use "dark side" abilities, or more morally flexible.

A lot of people forget this but being a Jedi or Sith does line up to being a superhero or D&D adventurer. Its a lifelong commitment, a spiritual devotion, one that you must give your life too, completely, utterly, and seriously.

Fans and writers and commentators alike often forget this, but the Jedi and Sith are religious organizations, not just space wizards with laser swords.

clone commander bossk likes this.
  18. Ash_Skywalker

Ash_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 1

Jul 7, 2021
    Yep

Adalia-Durron likes this.
  19. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    *Meant to say being a Jedi or Sith does not line up with being a D&D adventurer or superhero.

20. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    It does for paladins.

21. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Some Jedi are paladins, but most are not.

22. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    Hm.... Paladins are lawfull good. Most Jedi aren´t lawfull. A lawfull character would not fight to redeem Vader but to bring him to justice, same with all the other bad guys and girls Jedi redeem. Like sure they would not nessesarilly kill them, and maybe even opt for a mercyfull punishment that gives them a chance to repent. But it would hardly be the unconditional forgiveness the Jedi show. And at least according to Lucas Jedi should serve the force, not the people, nor nations... only the force. Which also doesn´t really line up with lawfull good...

23. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Indeed, which is why I see Jedi as first and foremost a spiritual order. Not a warrior order.

Jedi are not held to some strict code of behavior, or a set of rules for every situation and context (The Asari Justicars from Mass Effect are an interesting contrast in that they are lawful good taken to the nth degree, with a code that accounts for just about every situation, that must be followed strictly, regardless of any personal feelings or circumstantial differences or nuances).

They have a lot of flexibility depending on the situation, their personal aptitudes and power and what is just morally right, though they are staying within the light is of course a broad overarching requirement.

I'd say broad themes of what Jedi support/deem acceptable include-the preservation of life takes precedence, nonviolent solutions to problems unless violence is (regrettably) necessary to preserve more life than is lost, supporting galactic civilization, whether that be the ruling galactic government, as well as acting against crime, anarchy and strife. *

*Jedi do not as a rule prioritize order over everything else, if they did, they would have supported Fel without hesitation. The right of sapient life to choose its own path, and not have a boot on its neck is something Jedi value, even if they don't support democracy explicitly (nor are they remotely a democratic organization). If faced with galactic extinction from some alien threat and an autocratic government that while perhaps distasteful, that could preserve the life and civilization the Jedi would back the latter against the former.

With exceptions and caveats I'd say the (mundane) priorities of Jedi can be listed in this way.

1. The preservation and sanctity of life.
    2. Defense of civilization, governance, and peace.
    3. Defense of the rights and happiness of sapient beings from oppression.
    4. Dealing with other problems-poverty, disease, crime, etc...

This is why the Jedi just don't go and invade Hutt space to liberate the slaves, and this is why they don't generally try to antagonize governments unless themselves attacked or antagonized.

A lot of fans really fail to understand this, and this leads to a lot of confusion and some degree of unfair condemnation of the Jedi IU as well as OOU condemnations of them as protagonists narratively speaking.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2022
    Kato Sai and Anedon like this.
  24. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    You are very wise. Continue to explore the knowledge and mysteries of the Force, you are gifted at sharing it.

25. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    I might be a Sith IRL if I was like Darth Vectivus who abandoned empire and had a family and friends, and died in their presence of old age.

Tay Neir likes this.