main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga In The End - AU- Anakin/OC Complete! 5/28!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by obi_ew, Feb 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Title In The End

Author obi_ew

Genre AU

Summary Anakin is on a desperate search for his missing padawan, who is having to make deals that test his Jedi upbringing.

Characters Anakin Skywalker and Shai Kenobi

Disclaimers Usual ones apply.

Notes This is the final book in my Redemption Series .

Thanks To my fav band for yet another title. :)

Big hug to my readers who have followed along on this journey. [face_love]

CHAPTER ONE

Strong winds howled as they kicked up handfuls of sand and sent them crashing against the buildings with a loud pelting noise. Cramped and narrow streets that were normally teeming with life forms, all scurrying to get to their destinations were eerily vacant this day. The dust storm had caused a billowing cloud of dirt to settle over the city of Mos Eisley forcing those brave or stupid enough to be outside to cough and shield their eyes from the sting of grit and dust.

One such figure huddled deeper into the black hooded poncho, head lowered as he fought his way toward the entrance of a nondescript building. Pushing his way inside, he struggled to shut the door against the strong winds, ignoring the curses and loud protests from those who had taken cover inside. As he finally managed to push the steel door shut once again, he took a moment to shake the grains of sand from his cloths before striding toward the bar.

A host of eyes tracked his progress, beings shifting as they strained to get a glimpse of his face. Leaning against the side of the bar, he signaled to the bartender with a subtle flick of his fingers. Offering him a curt nod, the burly humanoid poured a deep amber liquid into a glass before sliding it across the sticky surface of the bar.

Careful to pick the glass up with merely the tips of his fingers, he tossed his head back and drained it in a single gulp. The movement sent the hood falling back to reveal his bare head to the gawking throng. The garish lighting highlighted long reddish gold locks that were tied behind his neck. Conscious of their stares, he carefully set the empty glass down and turned to lean with his back against the bar, elbows propped on top. Sweeping the room with a narrowed eyed stare, the edges of his mouth twitched as he watched the other beings take one look at his youthful face before dismissing him and returning to their drinks and gambling.

"Is he here?" he asked quietly without turning around.

"Back room," the bartender muttered under his breath before moving away.

Pushing away from the bar, the young man reached underneath his poncho to adjust something before making his way to the darkened back room. Stepping through the door, he took a few seconds to allow his eyes to adjust to the gloom before speaking.

"You have something for me?"

A loud rustling noise greeted his words, alerting him to the position of his contact. Muscles tensing, his fingers flexed by his sides as he braced himself for a possible attack.

"How do I know I can trust you?" a deep gravelly voice finally drifted from the dark corner.

"You don?t," he admitted with a faint smile. "I can assure you that it?s not in your best interest to play coy. My boss won?t take kindly to being thwarted."

Silence filled the space between them for several weighted seconds, broken eventually by the scrap of a disk as it slid across the floor. Coming to a rest in the center of the room, the young man eyed it cautiously before lifting his gaze to study the hidden speaker. Shrugging, he moved forward and bent down to retrieve it, only to freeze in his tracks as he heard the whine of a blaster being readied.

"Insolent pup! Who does your boss think he is, sending a beardless child in here to do his dirty work?" the growled words were followed soon after by loud taunting laughter.

Jaw clenching, the young man slowly straightened and glared fiercely at his still unseen assailant. He was tired, hungry, dirty, and sick and tired of being trea

2. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Hey! You didn't warn me you were posting today! :p

Wonderful opening post, OE! Poor Shai. I don't think his talk with Jadon will go over too well, though. Can't wait to see what Anakin and Des have been up to.

Great start and can't wait for more!

Shaindl

3. Bekah_K

Bekah_K Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 3, 2002
    Tatooine is the worst place for Shai to be, especially since he has an extreme interest in being able to stay clean. All that dirt and sand must be driving him crazy.

I don't think this confrontation with Jadon is going to go well.

I too am eager to see what Anakin and Des have been up to. :D

~Bek

4. diamond_pony2002

diamond_pony2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
  5. Seraphena

Seraphena Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 2003
    Wonderful start. I can understand Shai's dicontent. :D

6. Happy_Hobbit_Padawan

Happy_Hobbit_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Great beginning, obi_ew. I echo what Bekah said. But also I wonder why Shai hasn't snapped Jadon's neck by now. [face_mischief] Guess he's waiting for Anakin and Des to do that. :p

I like the title, too. But it sounds so ... final. :p Actually, I know you used LP for the title, but it also reminds me of Gollum's Song in Two Towers (I apologize, I always seems to get hobbity in your threads) ... "So in the end, I will be what I will be; No loyal friend was ever there for me ... And you will weep when you face the end alone; You are lost! You can never go home." :( Please don't make those lyrics fit Shai. :(

7. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    For a minute there, you had me worried that Shai was actually starting to enjoy his new job :eek: But good to know he's still a Jedi at heart.

I hope you will like how this ends for Des. As long as he doesn't end up with Ms. Smells Like Hutt Spirit, I'm happy. I can't wait to see him! [face_love]

8. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    I too can't wait to see what the others have been up to.

Really can't wait untill anakin and shai are together again.

And i'm going go with the flow on this one, sad to learn that this is the last one though, but they all gotta end some time.

This story will end with good closer right!?

9. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    He was able to stop the bolts without a sabre. My, his powers are growing.

LP was supposed to have played here last weekend. My secretary had tix. Then one or two of them got sick. It was cancelled 8 hours before showtime :(

10. Captain_Observant

Captain_Observant Jedi Master star 2

Dec 15, 2002
    Great start O_E!!

This looks like it is going to be just as exciting as all the other stories in your series. Though I will be sad to see it all end, I have complete faith that you will not let me, or any of your other readers, down. I guess it is safe to say that "I?ve put my trust in you, Pushed as far as I can go." ;)

(I know, I know! That was horribly cliche, but I really could not resist. The title was just way to tempting...)

~ The Captain

11. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Shaindl We'll find out more along the way about Jadon and Shai's relationship. It isn't the warmest! ;)

Bekah Thanks for reminding me of Shai's weakness. :D

dp Hum. Yo back! :p

Seraphena Poor Shai is hating this new life. :(

HHP :( Those are really sad lyrics! In a way they could fit in here.

Jade Well..... Des may end up on Tatooine eventually. :p

JTJG I'm sure all questions will be answered when we are done here. :)

PK The lead singer gets sick quite often. I would have been crushed if that had happened to me. :_|

Captain I'll be sad to say goodbye to them all too. :( But as I'm sure you know, In the end it doesn't really matter ;) :D

12. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
    Ok people's let me show you what i found on another site, while we wait for obi_ew 8-}

This story has thee happeest ending i have ever read, and everyone in the end gets just what they want as well, it made me cry for 20 minutes and you people should really read this story as well, it's short only takes 30 minutes to read, let me know if you guys like it as much as i did. No i did not write this a friend of mine did.

Dont worry obi_ew this doesn't mean i dislike any of your stories i just wanna share this story with others who have not read it yet. :)

Here it is:

http://www.angelfire.com/movies/obithekid/Daydreams.html

13. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I can tell this will be another great story. I love this series because it gives Anakin and Obi-Wan what I always wanted them to have. Makes me want to cry just a little bit, LOL! Your story lines are wonderful, full of detail and they move along nicely. Your characterizations are exemplary and the reader really gets a sense of who they are and what is important to them. I look forward to seeing where this one will go!
    Kimberley

14. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    VaderLVR64 What a nice surprise to see you! :) I've always enjoyed stories that show Anakin and Obi-Wan in a good light. I've always beleived that they had a wonderfully close relationship before everything fell apart. Thanks for taking time to reply. [face_love]

CHAPTER TWO

The new base that Jadon had built was a massive structure buried halfway under the sea of sand on the outskirts of Mos Eisley. Pulling the speeder on top of a metal pad, Shai and the vehicle were soon whisked below the surface and deposited directly into a huge hanger. While a crewman hurried forward to take control of the speeder, Shai hopped out and began to make his way toward the lift that would take him even deeper underground where the offices and private rooms were.

Before he could reach his destination, a loud voice rang out from behind him.

"Kenobi!"

Sighing heavily, he turned around to find Jadon?s chief of security striding toward him with a deep scowl on his fleshy face. Lorcan was a huge mass of muscle who towered over nearly everyone around him. Heavily scarred, the Corellian ran Jadon?s security force with an iron fist. Nothing seemed to get past the man.

"Where have you been? Jadon has been driving me crazy the past hour demanding to know why you haven?t answered his summons!"

"I had some business to attend to," Shai replied casually.

Dark piercing eyes bored into his as the older man?s gaze slowly took in his dusty clothes and face.

"What type of business?" Lorcan demanded, crossing heavily muscled arms over his chest.

"Personal business," the younger man stated firmly. "Is that all? I need to take a shower."

Studying him for several more seconds, the Corellian finally shook his head in apparent disgust.

"All that water isn?t good for a body Saghir. That?s why you have become so pale since you joined up with us. All that bathing you do has washed the color right out of you," the behemoth chided him gruffly.

A reluctant grin tugged at Shai?s lips at the other man?s words. "I?ve become washed out because most of my time is spent creeping around in the shadows doing Jadon?s dirty work."

Shrugging, Lorcan reached out and ruffled his wind swept hair, sending a spray of sand flying everywhere.

"He wants to see you immediately."

"After my shower," Shai retorted as he continued on his way toward the lift.

"Damn stubborn pup!" the Corellian muttered under his breath. "Saghir, don?t push him!"

Lifting his hand in acknowledgment of the warning, Shai hit the lift?s control and was dropped several levels to the floor his room was on. Stepping out, he nodded briefly to the few men he passed as he made his way down the bleak dimly lit hallway. Arriving outside of his room, he punched in the security code and hurried inside, stripping off his clothes as he went.

Letting the gritty clothes rest where they fell, he headed straight for the small fresher and switched the water of his shower on full blast. Barely allowing it time to heat to a comfortable level, he slid underneath the stinging spray and began to lather himself vigorously.

Once clean, he tilted his head back and just enjoyed the sensation of the soothing water as it pelted sore muscles. He was bone weary, both physically and emotionally from the life he was forced to lead these days. Jadon treated him worse than any owner did his slave, reserving the dirtiest jobs for Shai to handle.

Just thinking about the other man had his hands clenching into white knuckled fists. Drawing on the Force, Shai released his anger and resentment and shut the water off. Rubbing the excess moisture from his face as he stepped out of the shower, he wasn?t surprised to have a towel wrapped around his waist, a soft hand lightly stroking his still damp chest.

Opening his eyes, he raised a questioning eyebrow at Tarin. Smiling warmly, her eyes glowed with that special emotion she showed no one but him.

"You disappeared without a word. Jadon is fuming!" she informed him, concern tightening her features.

Shrugging h

15. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Ooh, Shai's up to something. Why am I not surprised? :D Glad to see he hasn't given in completely to Jadon although I'm sure the boss won't like it very much. I'll be interested to see what's in that box - and what's on the disk.

BTW, what does Saghir mean?

Can't wait for more, OE!

Shaindl

16. diamond_pony2002

diamond_pony2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    BE CAREFUL, SHAI!!!

17. Bekah_K

Bekah_K Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 3, 2002
    How does Shai feel about Tarin these days? I take it from this post he no longer desires the romantic attachment they shared. Does he still feel betrayed by her for what happened to his Master?

~Bek

18. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
    Tarin is a witch 8-}

But i wonder what shai's up to :D

19. Captain_Observant

Captain_Observant Jedi Master star 2

Dec 15, 2002
    Hhhmmmm...very interesting...
    It appears Shai is up to no good!! [face_devil]
    (Let's just hope that he is able to get away with it!!)

20. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Perhaps, Shai has finally realized that he was meant to be a Jedi and is going to bring that horrible man down???

Waiting to see what his next move is...

21. DarthArwen

DarthArwen Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 3, 2003
    Yey! you're back! Now I'm finally here to read one of your fics from the start! :D LOL! Looks like Shai is up to no good...

Keep up the good work!

22. Darth_Leia_6669

Darth_Leia_6669 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2003
    The final installation of your Redemption Series? Well, it is off to quite a start! Can't wait to see more!

--later--
    6669 [face_devil]

23. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
    I'm kind of hoping shai will remain with anakin and not be a jedi, but thats just me 8-}

24. astroanna

astroanna Jedi Master star 4

Jul 8, 2002
    I'm bad for not responding until now, I know...

I love what you've done with the beginning of this peice, obi-ew, it is completely intriguing...

I'm especially interested in the relationship between Shai and Tarin...

They seem to have a very tumultuous relationship, to say the least...

Shai seems to have a kind of "I'm attracted to you but I shouldn't be because you're a 'bad guy'" thing happening and of course Tarin is just plain smitten, simple as that...

(I use the word smitten because, after all, this is a family board... ;))

I can't really figure those two out, though...

I am expecting fireworks, however, once Anakin comes back on the scene, which I'm guessing he will before too long...maybe...

You know I can never tell with you!!!!!!!!! :)

Anyway, great job, and keep it up, girl! :)

Oh, and of course, kudos on the title!!! (One of my faves off of Hybrid Theory! :D)

25. Happy_Hobbit_Padawan

Happy_Hobbit_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Hmmm. I too am quite curious as to what Shai has up his sleeve.

Is 'Saghir' what the men call Shai? :confused:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.