main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga In The End - AU- Anakin/OC Complete! 5/28!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by obi_ew, Feb 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    VaderLVR Tarin does seem to enjoy robbing the cradle! :p

Sheila Thanks dear. Have I told you lately how lovely it is to have you back? :)

JTJG ;)

PK Rather sad huh? :(

Raven I'm hoping so too. :(

Captain Awww! :D

Bekah They hate those nasty emotions don't they? :D

Seraphena Shai has a battle ahead of him. :(

JTJG Thanks for the lift! :)

VaderLVR I'm enjoying your vignettes enormously! Here is a posty in honor of your big day!

Happy Birthday VaderLVR!!!!!!

CHAPTER EIGHT

Following Bib Fortuna down the dark and dingy hallways, Han Solo shot his companion a speaking glance. The Wookiee shrugged a pair of massive shoulders as his hands tightened their grip on his bowcaster. Once certain that his first mate was prepared for the unexpected, Solo addressed their guide.

"Nice place Jabba built. Business must be on the upswing," he commented, his gaze traveling over the huge building.

The Twi'lek halted before a doorway and turned to eye him with obvious distaste. "Jabba is close to sealing a deal that will assure his place as the mightiest crime lord in the galaxy."

Han raised his eyebrows at the bold statement before rolling his eyes at his friend which had the Wookiee snuffing with what appeared to be laughter. Intercepting the look, Fortuna?s red eyes began to glow with agitation at the pairs disrespectful attitude.

"Best watch yourself Solo or you could find yourself on the wrong end of Jabba," he warned before spinning around and descending the stairs.

"Is there a right end?" Han muttered under his breath as he fell into step, his Wookiee first mate close on his heels.

The room they entered was just as dark and dreary as the rest of the building they had seen so far, only it was packed with the various low lifes that hung around the large slug and smelled of unwashed bodies packed close together. Most of them were petty criminals desperate for a hand out and willing to cater to Jabba?s huge ego in order to get it. Eyeing them with thinly veiled contempt, Han took a place before the dais and offered his sometimes boss a shallow bow.

"I was just telling old Bib here what a nice place you have Jabba," he lied without blinking an eyelash.

Drawing deeply on his water pipe, Jabba the Hutt eyed the smuggler through large slanted eyes, stubby fingers scratching a roll of flesh.

{ I trust your last run was successful Han my boy? }

"Of course it was Jabba," Han retorted with a lopsided grin. "This is me we are talking about after all."

Leaning back slightly, the Hutt made a noise between a snort and a belch. { You are good at what you do, I?ll give you that.}

Shrugging with false humility, Han crossed his arms over his chest as he brought up the subject foremost on his mind. "I assume I have proven myself sufficiently enough for you to give me the better runs?"

His senses went on full alert when he saw the look the Hutt exchanged with his right hand man. Apparently Chewbacca sensed it also for he stepped closer to his friend?s back, a low growl rumbling in his throat.

{ You know I will always have room for you Han my boy.} Jabba assured him.

"But?" the pilot snapped, certain to make sure the Hutt knew he wasn?t fooled by the consoling words.

Blinking lazy, Jabba took another deep draw off of his pipe before replying.

{ I have a meeting with Jadon Lleu in a few days. I won?t know until afterwards how it will affect the pilots currently in my employ.}

Mouth hanging open, Han stared at the slug with outraged disbelief. "Jadon Lleu? You have got to be kidding me! You know the guy can?t be trusted Jabba, and what the hell is he doing on Tatooine anyway?"

A low rumbling laugh shook the Hutt?s layers of fat as he rocked back and forth on his dais. { He has a business venture to offer. It would be rude of me to simply refuse to hear him out.}

B

2. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    [face_laugh] Chewie!

He was always the saner of the pair, wasn't he? Can't wait to see Han's reaction to Shai. Can't wait for more, OE!

Shaindl

3. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    "You know me better than that!" Ahhh! Famous words from our favorite Corellian! Another wonderful post, thank you for a great birthday present (and it's calorie free, too). LOVED seeing Chewie again, one of my favorite characters. Sigh, it's hard to find a character I don't like. Obi-Wan, Anakin, Luke....the list goes on and on.
    Kimberley

4. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Oh, oh. Han should watch his step. You know he's going to have a bad feeling and then ignore that feeling and do whatever he was going to do anyway. Hopefully, he won't get himself killed in the process or is Shai going to rescue him?

5. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    Han and Chewie are definitely a fun addition to this series oe. I love how you are writing them and can't wait to see what trouble Han gets them into. :)

6. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    I love watching han like this, it's just to funny hehehe and poor chewie having to put up with it all hehehe

7. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    You do Solo so well :)

8. Seraphena

Seraphena Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 2003
    Thanks for Chewie, if nothing else he can keep the rest of them in line.

Great Job!!!

9. Reihla

Reihla Jedi Master star 3

May 17, 2002
    Awesome characterizations! They are all good, but I have to agree that you do Han Solo exceptionally well. I'm looking forward to seeing how he and Shai interact.

10. Bekah_K

Bekah_K Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 3, 2002
    If his deal with Jabba fell through because of Jadon Lleu, there was always the offer deCrion made to fall back on.

C'mon Han, deCrion's deal is the one you should take!

Maybe Han will meet Shai at this meeting - that would be interesting. Han and Shai could possibly find some time to talk without being overheard, and Han could tell Shai that a couple people are searching for him. You know, kinda let Shai know that Anakin and Des are coming for him. Han could be their go between - that is if he doesn't mess it up and get caught.

Great post o_e!

~Bek

11. Padawan_Travina

Padawan_Travina Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    **pokes her dusty head in here** Um...Hi..**waves**

Um..yeah I am back..sorry took so long to come back here...Great job so far..I am finally caught up on this one..now must get caught up on everythng else.

Just wanted to say can not wait to read more...

**goes back into hiding**

PT

12. VadeyFan2002

VadeyFan2002 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 30, 2002
    Well, Chewie should be used to the trouble Han always managed to cought them in. But makeing both, Jabba and Jadon, angry at him might be a too bad idea.

Let's hope he let Des and Ani know about Jadon's whereabouts soon.

[face_love] Vadey

13. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Shaindl Congrats on your win! :)

VaderLVR I hope you had a good day and got everything you wanted. ;)

diane Maybe Han will play hero and save Shai. :D

Sheila [face_blush] Thanks dear!

JTJG I'm tickled you are enjoying it! :)

PK :) Thanks. I'm trying to remember all those years ago when I was in love with the character.

Seraphena Poor Chewie huh? :p

Reihla Congrats on your big win also! I think it will seem really odd when it comes time to write Han and Shai together. [face_plain]

Bekah Never fear! Those two will come face to face soon. :D

PT falls over dead from shock Nice to see you again! [face_love]

Vadey Let's hope Han doesn't decide to do anything foolish before then. [face_laugh]

CHAPTER NINE

Mos Eisley?s market place was bustling as the citizens were elbow to elbow; jostling to get a better position at the most popular stalls. The heat from Tatooine?s twin suns was only made even more unbearable with so many beings crammed together in such tight quarters. Suffering from the combination of heat and dirt, tempers were short making for some tense moments as raised voices soon descended into pushing and shoving.

Careful to give those stalls a wide berth, Shmi Lars tossed a reassuring smile over her shoulder at her husband. Aware of his grumbling curses as his wife was jostled by an exuberant shopper, Shmi was determined that this trip wouldn?t end as so many of them did. Cliegg getting involved in a fist fight in order to defend some slight offense made toward his wife.

Turning back toward the stall she had spotted earlier, the smile slowly bled from her face as she caught sight of the group making their way through the crowd. Rough and mean looking, the crowd parted in order to make way for them. Coming to a jarring halt, she stared in shock at the figure who brought up the back of the noisy crew. Although he looked vastly different from what she was used to seeing, there was no mistaking who he was.

Dressed in black boots, black pants and a short sleeved shirt topped off with a black leather vest, a high caliber blaster was strapped to one thigh. A quick second glance showed her the recognizable hilt of a lightsabre that peeked out from the waistband of his pants. Bright reddish gold hair now hung to brush the top of his shoulders, a lump forming in her throat when she realized that his braid was gone.

What disturbed her the most about what she was witnessing, was the drastic change she saw in his alluring features. Gone was the youthful innocence and the sense of wonder that had always been present in his wide gray eyes. In its place was a hard edge and a wary distrust of everything and she suspected, everyone around him. His narrowed gaze slowly traveling along the throng of beings.

"Shmi? Is something wrong?" Cliegg's worried voice broke into her thought, his hand gripping her elbow firmly.

Only capable of nodding mutely, she settled for pointing a trembling finger in the direction her gaze was glued to. A concerned frown furrowing his brow, Cliegg followed her guiding finger, a sharp indrawn breath signaling his own astonishment as he spotted the young Jedi.

"Is that...?" he broke off as she began to nod vigorously.

"Yes, it?s Shai. Ani?s lost apprentice," Shmi whispered in a shaken voice.

They both stood in silence and watched as an older woman suddenly broke away and made her way toward the back of the group and greeted the young Jedi with a warm smile, her arm threading through his. Shai returned her smile with a small one of his own, his free hand lifting to cover the one that rested on his bicep. As they began to vanish into the crowd, Shmi quickly began to move forward.

"Where are you going?" her husband demanded, pulling her back against his side.

"Cliegg, we have to stop him!"

"And do what my dear? Snatch him away from this hardened criminal? March up and inform him that his master is scouring the galaxy in a desperat

14. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    :( So sweet! Actually, I thought Shmi was dead. Oops :p

Pssst - her husband is Cliegg. Owen is her step-son ;)

Chapter 8 - Lifting his hands out in front of him, Han grinned and winked at his boss. "Now Jabba! You know me better than that!" Yeah! That's my cousin! [face_laugh]

Chapter 7 - :_| How awful for Shai, to be so accustomed to love, and then to go for so long without it. Hehe, that male bonding was pretty funny. VaderLvr's right - the slap on the back is a requirement! (oooooh, "In The End" is now playing on my computer...must be the Force)

Chapter 6 - "I have always been the center of things, the focus of their lives. It is difficult to let that go." Well, it's nice that Obi-Wan finally got some sense knocked into his hard head. And nice that he had a smart lady friend to help him out ;) But sadly, he's getting older - the torch needs to be passed, and he'll be in the background. Maybe he and Xan can go to Bingo nights together :p

Chapter 5 - Lorcan reminds me of Bar :) Rough and tough, but with a pure heart.

15. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Dead? Not in my galaxy! [face_blush] See what happens when you mix OT and PT characters? My bad!

16. Reihla

Reihla Jedi Master star 3

May 17, 2002
    That was so sad, seeing Shai through Shmi's eyes. Its easy to lose sight of how much he's changed until you see him from a fresh perspective. Shai's loss of innocence was very poignant, possibly even sadder than usual, written this way.

17. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Awwww! I can see the mother in Shmi just aching to grab the wayward apprentice and sit on him until Ani can come claim him. VERY nice post, but that is true for all of them. Your characters are always so real and full of depth that the stories, even though they are AU, seem real. And, I like the story line better than George's back Ani gets to stay in the Light. Even though there is no Luke (one of my favorites!) there is Shai, so that makes up for it. LOVING the story!
    Kimberley

18. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    You were just itching to post that, weren't you? :p

Lovely job, OE. Shmi's recognition of Shai was heartbreaking. I like that she has her son's penchant for just jumping right in without thinking about the consequences (in that she was just going to go right after him). Good that Cliegg was there to stop her. But why do I have the feeling Anakin might not have kept the Temple apprised of his latest address?

Can't wait to find out!

Shaindl

19. Bekah_K

Bekah_K Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 3, 2002
    Taking her seat and waiting as he moved around to get in on his side, her gaze once more strayed to the spot where Shai had disappeared.

Must be hard for Shmi to see her surrogate grandson and to have him so close after so long, only to have him taken away again.

If Shmi and Cliegg contact the Temple only to find out that they don't have a clue as to where Anakin and Des are, then maybe they'll run into Han and Chewie - they know the whereabouts of our two rogues.

~Bek

20. Forbidden_Donut

Forbidden_Donut Jedi Youngling

Jan 19, 2004
    Shmi to the rescue! Great episode. :)

21. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    Shmi's reaction to the changes in Shai were heartbreaking. At least now Anakin will know where to find Shai, but will Shai allow himself to be rescued or will he still feel bound by his promise. [face_plain]

22. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    OE Dead? Not in my galaxy! Isn't everyone still alive in your galaxy (except Qui-Gon - I wonder why...LOL).

Good post. I like that Shmi is still alive and protective of her son and Jedi grandson. I liked too that she recognized that Shai had lost his innocence.

Looking forward to seeing Anakin and Han together (eventually). They are going to meet...right???

23. Padawan_Travina

Padawan_Travina Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    **pokes thread** Hmm two nights in a row..this must be a recored right?

Great chapter OE..and I look forward to seeing how Ani is going to deal with this news...Keep up the good work..

**pokes thread and watches as it pops and flys away. Seeing the enraged look of the readers she slips away unoticed**

---PT

24. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Hurray for Shmi & Cleigg- time to get Ani to Tattooine

25. VadeyFan2002

VadeyFan2002 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 30, 2002
    Good that Cleigg held Shmi back from aproaching Shai. This could have exploded into desaster.
    I hope that Shmi will make contact with Des' company on Telos, if Anakin hadn't held contact with the Jedi.
    Or that Ani will call his mom to speak to her, when he is feeling down.

[face_love] Vadey

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.