main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends ~In the Hands of the Devil~- Benella - Krayt ~ Author Announcement! (5/10)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by SITH_MAYO, Jan 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SITH_MAYO

SITH_MAYO Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2005
    Sorry its been a while . .

Here's Chapter 4! I hope its weird and spooky enough![face_devil]

Please enjoy!

[b][~~Chapter 4~~]

[Tatooine > outskirts > 02:02[/b]]

At first it was a mere murmur in the dark. It sounded like a sweet prayer. It was almost a childish song drifting in a light warm breeze. But like the universe itself, the whispered words grew deeper, morphed and changed. Words cleared, the fogginess left his ears as the chant grew more understandable. With each repeat the words grew darker, as if evil was spitting them out of the very gates of hell, cursing or was it praising?

[i]?NAV?ODONIA . . .?[/i]

Louder, more viciously, the ancient language continued to blare, echoing in Skywalker?s ears.

[i]?NAV?ODONIA . . .? ?NAV?ODONIA . . .? ?NAV?ODONIA . . .?[/i]

Very gradually the words slipped away. All that remained was the blank blackness of dreams not yet formed. Eventually the voices died yet the fear it left behind was undeniably terrifying. A rough-edged male voice cut into the shadows of Ben?s mind. His voice was low, whispering secrets it seemed, teasing, saying little and too much all at once. He was toying with Skywalker?s unconscious mind, wanting a reaction.

Snap clips of the stranger?s words cleared in Ben?s head enough to be heard,
    [i]? Ben . . . I live . . rise - fulfil . . live in the dark . . . rise . . Ben . . complete . . . choose . . deny your . . rise . . rise . . . legacy . . . .?[/i]

Vivid blue eyes flickered open in the middle of the calm night. With a slight groan Ben stirred and moved to sit up right on the bed. To the left of him, he glimpsed at his still slumbering wife. Her dark curls fanned out over their pillows, her expression was one of utter peace as her chest rose steadily up and down. She was rested and she was his, absolutely beautiful.

An uncontrollable loving smile graced Skywalker?s lips as he gazed down at Jysella. He was so content and fulfilled with her, just to bask in her sleeping presence made him warm inside. Force he loved her like no other. And that thought, that love, kept him fighting. He soldiered on every day just to share more moments of her breathtaking smiles, her elegant face, heart-warming laughter and soulful green eyes.

[i]?Ben! . .? [/i]

Suddenly the stranger whispered in his mind. Ben?s eyes snapped around their bedroom scanning for intruders, and of course there weren?t any . . .

[i]?Rise! . . . Ben? . .?[/i]

A mysterious calling murmured to him. Ben frowned as he felt a very strong pull at his Force-presence. Someone was reaching out to him. Who and why though? The tug was getting fiercer. It was like someone had control over his very soul, that they were trying desperately to get Ben to move, to go to what they wanted. Resisting but also curious, Ben stayed still on the mattress trying to understand the feelings he was experiencing.

He couldn?t detect who was doing this, but Ben didn?t panic, for this experience was not the first. This strange calling had happened many times, since he and Jysella had discovered that strange Force-strong planet on the edge of Wild Space. Something important had happened to him on that planet. The answers to all of Ben?s questions about the ancient planet remained elusive.

There had been moments when Ben could almost taste the understanding of the deserted planet, but then like every moment the understanding slipped through his fingers like sand. Ben knew that he had knowledge of something great trapped, buried, in his mind and it related directly to that very dark abandoned planet. Yet he could not have that knowledge, he could not touch it.

[i]?Rise . . Ben . . Rise . . Skywalker . . .? [/i] The odd voice echoed in Ben?s ears.

Following the pull, and his own curiosity, Ben allowed himself to be taken in the flow of the calling. He stepped out of bed, careful not to disturb Jysella as he did. Slowly, almost hesitantly, he wandered through the rooms of his own Tatooine home, not sure of what he was looking f

2. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    He couldn?t detect who was doing this, but Ben didn?t panic, for this experience was not the first. This strange calling had happened many times, since he and Jysella had discovered that strange Force-strong planet on the edge of Wild Space. Something important had happened to him on that planet. The answers to all of Ben?s questions about the ancient planet remained elusive.

Woah. That's so weird. The strange calling, that's pretty freaky, I think.

In the reflection, the other Ben Skywalker, the echo of the man, winked.

*screams* :eek: *cries* That's so freaking scary. That's so scary. Oh my goodness.

A sudden harshness came into the voice?s tone as the next words were almost spat out in anger.
    ?Do you think I?m blind?! I see everything! And now I see you!?

The reflected sapphire eyes, eyes that echoed Ben?s, began to shift dangerously. A rich cloud began to swirl over the pupils, darkening the eyes with a dark charcoal smoke. Through the smoke, in the middle of the eyes, a small flickering flame was burning. The mirror image of Ben blinked, and the blue vanished from his eyes replaced with a smouldering molten fire, that tinted the rims of his pupils scarlet and bloodshot.

Holy cow. Is that some sort of really odd vision?

that was such a cool (but very freaky) chapter! I can't wait for more!

3. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    thanks for the PMs. Popping in to say that I'm still reading

4. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    OMG!!! :eek:

That was absolutely frightening...

I wonder what is going on. I hope Ben soon can figure it out.

Fantasic post. Wonderfully written and full of intrigue and emotion...=D=

More soon!!! [:D]

FL @};-

5. master_jade

master_jade Jedi Master star 2

Jan 27, 2006
    Woo-hoo... This was really spooky [face_skull]. If it were a movie I would certainly get scared (I always do when I see scenes like the one with the mirror..brrr). You did really a great job with that chapter (bowing head).=D= I can't wait to see what happens next...
    May the Force be with You!

6. SITH_MAYO

Sep 3, 2005

7. SITH_MAYO

Sep 3, 2005
    Author Annoucement:

I've decided to stop with this fic for many reasons I won't bore you with . . .

This story no longer going!

Thanks to those supportive readers though! MTFBWY all![face_peace]

8. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    I am very sorry to hear that, but good luck with whatever is stopping you [:D]

If you ever decide to continue with this, please PM me!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.