main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga In the Service of the Order- Updated 12/7 Chapter 34: Sustenance

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by VaderLVR64, Nov 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LukesTheMan

LukesTheMan Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 30, 2004
    Well, we have everybody here and I am quite sure you are about to torture them! I wonder who will get in trouble first? I am laying my bets on Qui-Gon. Don't know why. Another great chappie! :D

2. SarkaVrae

SarkaVrae Jedi Master star 5

Jun 3, 2004
    cool! the plot thickens, our 3 heros are being separated, and war is on the horizon.....what a great story! :D

good job--I wonder if those 2 meddling angels are going to start pestering Qui again...lol!

3. Jedi_of_Imladris

Jedi_of_Imladris Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 14, 2004
    Hmm, this story looks like it is taking a most interesting turn. I wonder if how the Republic will react to this new army. It does, technically, belong to the Jedi, doesn't it? So they may be able to think of something to diffuse the situation before it gets out of hand. I look forward to reading much more!

4. VadersMistress

VadersMistress Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 7, 2004
    Glad that Birdsong is back! :D I like her! I can't wait to see what you do to these three. Of course, I could always check your Word files...

[face_devil]

5. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    AnakinsHeir I like Birdsong, too! I'm glad to see her back as well, and you'll be seeing more of her. Thanks for reading.

Gina Thanks for reading! I hope you like the rest of the story, some of which you already know! :D

Kynstar I think that the other forces behind the war will still be willing to plunge the galaxy into chaos. But we'll have to see what happens.

Layren Yes, poor Dooku is dead! How did you miss me killing off your guy? Thanks for reading!

Qui-Gon I see Qui-Gon as a certain type of person, so I hope he seems realistic. Thanks for reading!

LukesTheMan Thank you so much for taking the time to read this. I hope you like the rest of it.

SarkaVrae Those angels are not going to leave him alone, I promise you that! I'm glad you like it.

Jedi_of_Imladris Yes, the army does technically belong to the Jedi. And I don't think everyone in the galaxy will play nice even though Palpy is dead. We'll have to see what happens. Thank you for reading!

VadersMistress You're too busy doing homework to snoop! Thanks for reading, o' daughter of mine!

Also, I'd like to give a big thank you to anyone and everyone who nominated this story or Birdsong for anything. It meant a lot to me!

6. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    I blame it on the length of time between the first one and the sequel ;) He's my padawan's guy not mine :p It's been ages since I read the first one -- I should go read it again :p

7. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    Very interesting that the clones have still been made and something ominous is still happening within the galaxy. What is it? [face_thinking] Can't wait to find out :D

8. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Why do I feel that where angels go, trouble follows?

9. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    I definitely see quite a bit of AOTC in this and finally, some hint of a villain!

10. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Ch. 4 - Chuckled though that whole post. Obi-Wan's comments over Anakin's appetite and the admonishment for his former master not to get his former padawan into 'too' much trouble was wonderful but the idea of Qui-Gon taking Anakin out for a night on the town is pure delight.

Ch.5 - Ahh, Kamino... I enjoyed Obi-Wan's thoughts on the weather... nice detail. ?This isn?t good, is it?? Birdsong grumbled. ?What do you think?? Siatra asked sarcastically, rolling her eyes. -- LOL! I think of all the people to bring back from the dead, Qui-Gon could be of the most hope. I agree that Qui-Gon's first reaction would be where can he help?

11. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Thank you to everyone who nommed this story and/or any of its characters. I appreciate it more than you can know! THANK YOU!

Layren You're forgiven, LOL!

tangled_sphere Well it wouldn't be much fun if I didn't torture them a LITTLE bit, now would it? Thanks for reading.

PadawanKitara You feel that way because it's true!

SilSolo More villainy to come! I promise!

Healer_Leona Qui-Gon is a special soul, the angels chose wisely. Thanks for reading!

Chapter 6: Interesting Times

?May you live in interesting times.? Chinese curse

Anakin looked around his newly assigned quarters with a sense of satisfaction. He had dreaded leaving the place where he had spent the last decade. But he now admitted that he felt a thrill as he realized that this small apartment was his alone. He began to unpack the few things that he could consider his.

There was the small holograph of his mother on her wedding day. His step-brother Owen had sent it to him with Cliegg?s blessing. Next to it he put a holograph of Qui-Gon that Obi-Wan had given him for his new home. He smiled as he studied the noble features. Master Qui-Gon had also given him a holograph of Obi-Wan. This one featured a filthy young Padawan standing on a huge boulder with only the blue of his eyes and his white teeth proving that there was a human boy under all the mud. There was also one with an older Obi-Wan and a young Anakin. These told the story of his life.

He studied the bare walls and decided that they would need some livening up. He had never mentioned it to his Master, but he found the beige walls and dull carpet typical of Temple quarters to be too reminiscent of the sand dunes and mud huts of Tatooine. He craved some color in his living quarters. Perhaps a deep blue?

Anakin heard the chime sound and used the Force to open the door without thinking about it. The door slid open and he heard a deep voice come from the doorway.

?Now, should you be using the Force for such trivialities, young man??

Anakin turned to find Qui-Gon standing there with a huge grin on his face. He returned the grin.

?Probably not, but I don?t think you?ll be running to the Council to tell on me. Will you??

Qui-Gon shrugged. ?I?m not sure yet. It depends on how well you behave yourself.?

Anakin laughed. ?Well, then I guess I?m doomed. I thought Master Obi-Wan would have informed you that I?ve never been particularly well behaved.?

?He may have mentioned that a time or two,? he admitted.

?Yes, I thought he might have,? Anakin chuckled.

Qui-Gon settled himself on the couch with a tired sigh. ?Do you have any liquid refreshments here yet??

?Do you mean something like water or more along the lines of Corellian ale??

The older man frowned. ?Water? Why in the stars would I ask for water??

?Well, on Tatooine, water is a rare treat,? Anakin reminded him with a smile.

?We are not on Tatooine, my young friend. I require a good, cold Corellian ale, knightling.?

?Knightling?? Anakin said with a puzzled look.

Qui-Gon grinned evilly, ?It means ?little knight,? of course.?

Obi-Wan walked along side Taun We, taking in the impressive cloning facilities. ?Tell me, who was the original host for the cells used in the cloning process?? He asked the question as an afterthought, not really thinking it of importance. He was sure it was some anonymous soldier. But there was something familiar in the rows and rows of identical faces he passed.

?A bounty hunter,? she answered. ?He seems to have disappeared on us now, so we may soon be searching for a new donor. The clones are best taken from freshly harvested cells.?

?A bounty hunter?? he asked as the first frisson of unease skirting along his flesh.

?Yes, his name is Jango Fett.?

?I see,? he said smoothly. ?And what do you know about this Jango Fett??

She paused as if carefully considering her answer. ?He was broug

12. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Oi! A meany Jocasta! Poor Jo... hmmm I wonder as to why she's upset... hehehehe upset that Qui's back alive or something else along another line? hehehe ;)

Poor Qui...reading about the Naboo incident wasn't a good start. Even I knew that it would be upsetting to the guy.

Hmm so Obi is finding a lil info out. That's good. Boba come back with Obi??? Oh my goodness! Now wouldn't that be an interesting occurrance??

Great chappie! The Archives do seem to put out a peaceful aura (minus a certain old Archivist of course hehehe).

13. SarkaVrae

SarkaVrae Jedi Master star 5

Jun 3, 2004
    Jocasta is creepy! ick! get her out of here now! lol
    :p

great post! Glad to see Ani still trying to shake things up....I think deep blue would be a marvelous color for his new rooms! ;)

14. BrokenNoseOfQui-Gon

BrokenNoseOfQui-Gon Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 15, 2004
    It sounds like the grumpy old archivist is not going to be throwing Qui-Gon a welcome home party!

She really doesn't care for him. It will be interesting to see what role she plays in this story.

15. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Very creepy and mysterious Jocasta

Is Obi-Wan starting his own collection of pathetic life forms?

16. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    Oh dear poor Qui. What a bad topic to choose to research. Hrm.. wonder why Jo dislikes him so much. She could have been a little nicer about having someone who returned from the dead in her library.

Excellent post!

17. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    Love the interchange between Qui-Gon and Anakin [face_love] Knightling! [face_laugh] I can just see Anakin's reaction to that ;)

Very interesting to see what Obi-Wan is going to find and what is going on with Jocasta? Very interesting VL and great curse! 'Interesting Times' ;)

18. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    Knightling?! *sighs* Poor Anakin. He finally gets past "My young Padawan" and now he has this to deal with. :p

Things with Boba Fett could prove to be very interesting. Curious about why Jocasta Nu is being so hostile towards Qui-Gon.

A most intriguing chapter.

19. Jedi_Chani

Jedi_Chani Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 30, 2004
    Things are heating up for the three musketeers! :D Can't wait to see what happens next.

20. Jedi_of_Imladris

Jedi_of_Imladris Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 14, 2004
    Uh-oh, Jocasta's behavior doesn't seem to bode well for Qui-gon! Obi-wan meeting Boba...that'll be interesting--especially if Boba knows that the Jedi killed his dad. Great posts!

21. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    Qui-Gon has a good sense of humor and that Chinese curse is one that I've never heard of before (and I've lived in China for more than half my life).

22. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    I keep a file with all the quotes, and I found that one in a quote book that is fairly old. If I remember correctly, that is an ancient Chinese curse, so it is probably not in use anymore.

How interesting to live in China! I'm jealous!

23. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Ahhh, I like how the holographs show his life. Qui-Gon grinned evilly, ?It means ?little knight,? of course.? -- I really like this portrayal of Qui-Gon, he's not only alive, he seems to really enjoy life. Ahhh, Boba still on Kamino and now
    Obi-Wan has suggested he rreturn with him. This meeting should be interesting.

I'm surprised Qui-Gon couldn't sense that hatred, but then again it's probably a bit overwhelming reading your own obituary.

24. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Thank you to all who have been reading this, lurking or not!

Kynstar Jocasta's reasons will be revealed, eventually. You have to admit it would be curious to read about your own death! Thank you for reading.

SarkaVrae Blue is a good color for him, don't you think? Thank you, as always, for reading.

BrokenNoseOfQui-Gon She will be fairly important, even if she isn't a major character. Thanks for taking a look at this!

PadawanKitara Qui-Gon's affinity for pathetic lifeforms may have rubbed off on Obi! :D Thanks for reading!

Layren Jocasta feels that returning from the dead is in poor taste! Not at all the "done" thing! Thank you for reading.

tangled_sphere First, congrats on all the noms! They are well deserved. Qui and Anakin get along very well, and they get each other in more trouble, much to Obi's chagrin. Thanks for reading.

Gina Surely you didn't think that Qui would let Anakin slide now that he's a knight, did you? :D

Jedi_Chani Oh yes, these three together are definitely trouble.

Jedi_of_Imladris All of the characters are beginning to converge and things should heat up! Thank you so much for reading.

SilSolo Thank you for reading!

Healer Leona I thought that Jocasta would have her own shields and Qui-Gon is probably used to some negative feeling from her. He won't remain oblivious, however! [face_devil]

Chapter 7: Friendship

?Friendship makes prosperity more shining and lessens adversity by dividing and sharing it.? Cicero

Obi-Wan stared at a much younger version of the clone troopers. Cold brown eyes met his. ?What do you want?? the boy asked.

Taun We said patiently once more, ?This is Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi.?

?So? I?m supposed to care because???

?Master Kenobi will be taking you to Coruscant, as I explained to you earlier, Boba,? Taun We repeated patiently.

?I already told you I ain?t going,? Boba said, his lips set in a mutinous line. ?Not with no stinking Jedi!?

Taun We started to protest, but Obi-Wan gently halted her comments. ?May I have a moment alone with him?? he asked quietly.

She bowed her head and made her way gracefully out of the room. Boba stared after her for a moment and then turned his gaze on the Jedi Knight.

?I?m happy here, Jedi. And I don?t need your help.?

?Yes, I understand that you are quite self-sufficient,? Obi-Wan said smoothly. ?But you are still of an age to attend classes, aren?t you?? He smiled encouragingly. ?You must think of your education.?

?My father already taught me everything I need to know,? Boba said, thrusting out his chin. ?I don?t need any more education, especially from the likes of you. My dad never liked your kind,? he sneered.

Obi-Wan reflected on the fact that dealing with a stubborn Padawan for a decade had prepared him somewhat for his confrontation with this boy. He wondered how Anakin would handle the situation. He had to suppress a smile as he pictured Anakin throwing the boy over his shoulder and carrying him to the ship. His former apprentice preferred the direct approach.

?You will not be attending classes with Jedi, Boba,? the Knight replied. ?You will attend classes with other children on Coruscant, a public institution for-?

?If you think you?re sending me off to some blasted orphanage, you?ve got another thing coming, Jedi!?

Obi-Wan let himself long for Anakin?s presence, knowing that the young knight would have had this recalcitrant young boy on the ship in a matter of moments. Of course, he might not be awake when he was unceremoniously dumped on the deck, but the goal would have been accomplished.

No matter how efficiently Anakin might have completed the task, he knew that he would have to find another way to get Boba Fett back to Coruscant.

However, if all else failed, he would simply resort to Anakin?s tactics.

Obi-Wan bowed low to Taun We once more. ?I sha

25. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    Awww poor Obi missing Anakin already ..

[face_laugh]

So Qui has a legendary appetite since he's returned from the dead eh? :D I guess not eating for however many years being dead can do that to you :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.