main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga In the Service of the Order- Updated 12/7 Chapter 34: Sustenance

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by VaderLVR64, Nov 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Hehehe I liked this posting! It was cute! Ahhh Boba ;) definitely gonna be a challenge for that one hehehe

Obi thinking of Anakin when he saw the ship was funny, he knows the young man all to well!

*snrk* Oh man... black holes *snrk* that was great!!

2. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Ahhh, catching up here.

or because he had come back from the dead, which was surely in poor taste

[face_laugh] I love Qui-Gon's sense of humour. You know, actually I really like the dynamic between all three of our lovely Jedi. They manage to all be quite different and yet somehow it all works. I like that you've made each one distinctly his own but they're all a part of a kind of team. It's nice getting to see them as it might have been. You know, had Qui-Gon not been a party-pooper and died.

I am curious as to why Jocasta is so excessively hostile. I mean, everyone knows she's hostile, but hm.. [face_thinking] Well, I have some ideas, but I'm going to wait instead of saying anything and looking stupid :p

He wondered how Anakin would handle the situation. He had to suppress a smile as he pictured Anakin throwing the boy over his shoulder and carrying him to the ship.

That sounds oddly true. Nice visual image, there ;)

Obi-Wan sure has his arms full with all the clones and Boba to deal with now, though. I can imagine that boy would be rather disinclined to accquiesce to that request... too much Pirates of the Carribean for me :)

?Deekay is yours, Master Kenobi, all the clones belong to the Jedi,? she said, as serene as ever.

Eee, that's creepy. I haven't read or written much dealing with the clones yet. But it is really, really weird to think of someone so human but inhuman, docile and content with being property. The Jedi certainly have a big problem on their hands.

As for our boy Anakin, I *love* his interaction with Kree. The freedom of being a knight has at least given him the ability to feel free to joke. He can probably imagine Obi-Wan standing at his shoulder clucking his tongue about now :p I'm interested about this dinner, but also just about where this is going in general.

-sj loves kevin spacey

3. SarkaVrae

SarkaVrae Jedi Master star 5

Jun 3, 2004
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

this was great! very fun (well, maybe not for Obi, hehe)! Loved it that Obi was considering "what would ani do?" and even thinking of following ani's tactics with Boba! lol did he get the boy on his ship willingly? [face_thinking]

this had to be my favorite line tho:
    I happen to know that you have one weird looking toe, I mean it?s like mutated or something. It?s kinda gross!
    i nearly bathed my monitor in a drink of water with that!

great post! :D

4. VadersMistress

VadersMistress Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 7, 2004
    Poor Obi! Just got rid of Anakin and now has another stubborn young boy to manage. Loved it! :D

5. LukesTheMan

LukesTheMan Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 30, 2004
    Qui-Gon and Anakin are just too much together. I shudder to think what trouble those two will brew up together. I am glad to see Kree again, I liked him in the first story and was wondering if we would see him again. Another great installment!

6. Odd-Thomas

Odd-Thomas Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 14, 2004
    It's so nice to see them all happy here. Although I do suspect that their troubles are not completely over.

7. WhosScruffyLooking

WhosScruffyLooking Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 30, 2004
    A great story so far. I read the prequel (lurking as usual) and I am glad to see it continued.

8. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    Well, looks like Obi-Wan has his work cut out for him with Boba! The comment about the clones belonging to the Jedi was just plain eerie.

Congrats on your noms, VaderLVR64! They are well-deserved! :D

9. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    That's sweet, Obi missing Anakin. And I loved seeing him dealing with Boba. That kid needs a serious attitude adjustment.

10. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Is someone on the prowl for a master? One who eats as much as a black hole? :D

11. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    I think my sig. other was just wondering why I was grinning from ear to ear. Loved the 'black hole' with Qui, Anakin and Kree. [face_laugh] Anakin and Kree are just great together, 'your excellency' That is hilarious!

Poor Obi-Wan, those Fett's are so stubborn! ;) Very interesting with the clone that's coming back with him.
    Can't wait for more of this. It's so much fun to read :D

Congrats on your noms, VL, there's something very special about your writing =D=

12. Bekah_K

Bekah_K Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 3, 2002
    Love the interaction between Qui-Gon and Anakin, and Kree was priceless! :D

It's neat that living with Anakin and dealing with him for ten years +/- gave Obi what he needs to deal with Boba. Although, I liked what Obi thought about Anakins approach to dealing with the kid. Can't wait for those two to be reunited and Obi to tell him of Boba's attitude.

13. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Layren I'm sure he'll miss Anakin until he gets back, and then he'll wonder when he can escape again! :D

Kynstar He knows his Padawan and anything that goes fast. Vroom, vroom!

solojones Thanks for reading! Jocasta will be showing up every now and then.

SarkaVrae Well, The Chosen One is gorgeous, but he's not perfect! And one mutated toe gives him character, don't you think?

VadersMistress Yeah, kind of like getting one of my own brood out of the teenage years only to usher another teenager into the group, huh? :D

LukesTheMan I like Kree, too. You will be seeing more of him!

Odd-Thomas Me? O:) Give them trouble?

WhosScruffyLooking Glad you delurked! Thanks for reading.

Gina Obi-Wan will not be bored, let's put it that way. And many congrats to you, for all of your well deserved nominations! But then, I always knew you were talented.

JediMaster_Jen Boba is kind of a pain in the nether regions, isn't he? Don't look for him to get cooperative any time soon!

PadawanKitara Hmm... I wonder if there is a Master on the prowl for a Padawan? [face_devil] I'm just not sure!

tangled_sphere Having raised two teenaged boys, and another well on the way, I could relate to the black hole theory! The clones are still in the picture! And thank you so much for that very nice compliment! Congrats to you as well!

Bekah_K Dealing with Anakin has to be good for something! I am glad to have Kree back, I've always liked the kid!

Chapter 8 ?Taking a Risk?

?The universe will reward you for taking risks on its behalf.? Shakti Gawain

Jocasta Nu made sure that no one had followed her before she entered the nondescript shop on a lower level of Coruscant. She made her way casually through the crowded aisles, pretending to look at the cheap wares.

She caught the eye of the Neimoidian shopkeeper and gave a very subtle nod. After several minutes of meandering through the store she slipped through the curtain which led to the back of the store. Jocasta waited in silence until the loathsome creature parted the curtains and approached her.

He gave her a humble bow and waited for her to speak, his large eyes appearing flat and lacking in intelligence. These really were the most annoying creatures, she mused as she decided to let him worry a bit.

?You may tell your superior that the Jedi have sent a knight to Kamino,? she finally said.

She almost laughed at the comical look of dismay on his ugly features.

He began muttering in distress. ?This is not good, not good at all!? He began pacing the small storeroom. ?This could ruin all of our plans! We should call everything off.?

The cowardice of his race had been difficult to deal with since the inception of this plan, and it had not gotten any better as the situation became more complicated. Jocasta sighed impatiently. ?You will call off nothing; do you hear me you worthless little grub?? Her voice was hard and cold. ?And if you feel incapable of fulfilling your role then you can easily be replaced. Do you understand??

Not for the first time, he wondered why he had agreed to participate in this insanity.

And once again, he could come up with no acceptable answer.

Birdsong approached Siatra, a struggling red haired angel behind her. ?We?ve got a problem, Siatra.? She wasted no time in coming to the point.

The dark-skinned angel sighed when she spotted the tiny figure trying in vain to hide behind Birdsong. ?I should have known it would be you, Luminosa,? she said.

Bright blue eyes peeked around Birdsong?s wing. ?It wasn?t my fault, truly it wasn?t!? she declared.

Siatra crossed her arms over her chest and glared at the young angel. ?So, you?re already in trouble and it?s only your first mission!?

?How was I to know the locals would be so touchy?? Luminosa grumbled. ?And then Birdie here drags me all over creation to bring me to

14. AnakinsHeir

AnakinsHeir Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2004
    =D= A new angel! Luminosa is adorable, naughty but cute!

I can't wait to see what role the clones will play in the galaxy now. I have a feeling that war might still be inevitable.

And I loved the mention of Maari-Soo. Is that a way of saying "Mary Sue?" If so, it was hilarious!

15. SarkaVrae

SarkaVrae Jedi Master star 5

Jun 3, 2004
    ooh ooh ooh!!! Jocasta is in on it??!! oh my! how naughty of her! I knew she was way too creepy last time! :p heehee...

lots of intrigue--can't say that the angelic pairing is going to be the best thing right now what with war on the horizon, but we'll see, right? ;)

can't wait to see what you are cooking up here! :)

16. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Oi vey! Was she helping the Count all along? [face_batting] ahhhh that'd been so sweet! hehehehehe 8-} But then again that's juz me and hopeful wishing hehehehe A pity he's gone :(

Ahhh love the lil angel she seems like a cutie hehehe ?A few little harmless pranks and everyone gets huffy?? Loved that!! hehehehe

Hmm so what to do with all those clones? Yeah they'll be use for militia purpose... and how sad that even with other prospects had gone down strange how that still happens ;) which can be understandable ... to an extent. What else to use them for? hehehehe gardening? *SNRK!!* I think not! hehehe

17. BrokenNoseOfQui-Gon

BrokenNoseOfQui-Gon Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 15, 2004
    The plot thickens (and gets sneakier!) I look forward to seeing what role the nasty Jocasta will play. And the clones being brought into this could get very interesting!

18. VadersMistress

VadersMistress Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 7, 2004
    A new chapter! More Birdsong! Hooray! I hope that someone snatched Jocasta bald very soon. :D

19. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Yay a new angel! OOoh the plot Thickens! Jocasta was in on the whole thing?! Qui coming back from the dead probably majorly screwed up her plans...

One can only hope.

A most excellent update :)

20. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Him coming back... maybe but him killing Dooku now there's another ticket in the docket ;) hehehe

(edit: unless I juz got my stories confused again 8-} hehe)

21. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    WHy does everyone have it in for the Librarian?

22. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    I don't have it in for her. I feel sorry for her actually hehehehe poor thang ;)

23. Jedi_of_Imladris

Jedi_of_Imladris Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 14, 2004
    Gosh, that's pretty bad of Jocasta to betray a fellow Jedi. I suppose she has her reasons though. I look forward to seeing what havoc this new angel will wreak upon Qui-gon's life and those of others. I look forward to more soon! :)

24. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    Hmmm...."harmless pranks", not meaning to cause accidents or break the rules...Luminosa reminds me of a certain Jedi Padawan. :p Love it, VL! Very interesting development with Jocasta Nu. Did not see that coming!

25. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    Who was Jocasta relaying that message to? [face_thinking] I'm very interested to see what she's up to! :D

{You're right Kyn, Dooku's death probably sent her over) ;)

I liked our newest angel, Birdsong definitely has her hands full! :D Loved the angelic groaning at the end.

And...I think Padme is right to be worried. Something is definitely not right with all of this.

Looking forward to more VL!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.