main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

In the Wake of Glory (Change of Heart Special Edition) Finally completed! *gasp* 5/15

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Melyanna, Jan 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Melyanna

Melyanna Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2001
  2. Mcily_Nochi

Mcily_Nochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    Congrats, Master Mely! *hugs*

3. Sarah_K

Sarah_K Jedi Master star 4

Jun 10, 2001
    That didn't take very long, did it? ;)

Sarah >^,,^<

4. Marie_Jadewalker

Marie_Jadewalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2000
    Yea Mely!

The Rewrite is really developing nicely. I like the way you're developing the character of Lyanna (no 2-dimensional baddies) but I'll admit that her murderous tendancies disturb me... ;)

~Marie

5. Melyanna

Jul 19, 2001
    Padawan Em: Thanks! *hugs Padawan Em* Wait, I've been accused of OT overtones that aren't ESB! *faints*

Mommy: *rolls eyes* You and your puns... ;) Well, maybe we shouldn't condemn Lyanna so quickly. Maybe she followed that song too literally and really believes that you've got to be cruel to be kind. :D

wompy: So do I. :)

Padawan Em: Sometimes you're too cute for your own good. ;)

Sarah: Well, she's not supposed to be your best friend... ;) I think they could be in trouble either way. :D

Fruity: That she does... Hey, I never said this story would have mush. ;)

Jaded: Lyanna is a nickname that Kat gave me. I like the sound of it, so I used it. *shrugs* She's my alter ego. :D

Sarah: Nope, not long at all. :D

Marie: Murderous tendancies? Where? Oh, there... ;)

*~*~*~*

No, no post yet. I just sent two (count 'em, TWO) off the the betas, so I hope to get something up tonight or tomorrow.

Thanks again!
    Mel

6. DarthLothi

DarthLothi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 4, 2001
    No, I think Mely is your alter ego. You're really Lyanna at heart.... *runs*

I agree, Sis - Nadia kicks butt! [face_love]

7. Melyanna

Jul 19, 2001
    Why are you running, Lothi? You're probably right. ;)

8. Marie_Jadewalker

Nov 14, 2000
    That's why he's running! ;)

9. Melyanna

Jul 19, 2001
    You're right, Marie.

You can't run too far, Lothi.. I have your screen name. ;)

[face_devil]

Lyanna... Oops, I mean Mel. ;)

10. PrincessPadme

PrincessPadme Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 11, 2001
    Back up to the top!

~Padme
    Impatiently waiting for more (as usual ;) )

11. Melyanna

Jul 19, 2001
    Okay, this just in from the betas! Thanks, ladies!

*~*~*~*

Nadia and the Jedi felt it at the same time, hesitated in the middle of the same step. Someone had found their trail and was close behind them.

Jacen had his lightsaber out in a flash, but Nadia put her hand over his. "I don't think he's hostile," she whispered.

He objected softly as she stepped away from him toward the approaching presence. She ignored him as she moved three meters away from him and stopped. "Who are you?" she asked quietly into the rain.

"Your Highness?" a voice asked, filled with obvious relief.

A smile almost crept onto her face as a shadowy figure appeared ahead. He was tall, well built, and, as she had often enjoyed, handsome, with long blonde hair and sculpted features that were the epitome of Alerian perfection. When he reached her, he dropped to one knee and took her hand in both of his. "Your Highness," he breathed. As he stood, he lifted her hand to his lips in a gesture of utmost respect. "Thank the Force you're all right."

She nodded to him, her eyes tightly shut as if to close off memories. "What are you doing here, Drabant?"

"I was sent with a search party to find you," he replied.

The pain of betrayal, a feeling she knew all too well now, ripped through her. "Not you too, Andre," she whispered.

"No, your Highness," he quickly answered. "The usurper sent me to find you, but I will not take you with me."

She opened her eyes again and stared into his, searching for truth. He isn't lying, she told herself. Kerouac may have betrayed you, but that does not mean you cannot trust all those who once protected you. "Where is your search party?"

"Searching the route between the barracks and the hangar. I told them that I would check this road, just in case you had decided to hide in the castle for a time."

She laughed softly, self-deprecatingly. "It is a good thing that you did not turn against me, Andre."

"My lady, I would never dream of it," he replied. "I am a member of your guard, and as such, I swore my life to you. I will uphold that vow."

Nadia became aware of the fact that he still held her hand in his as he lifted it again and turned her palm upward. Into it he dropped a necklace. She looked up at him in wonder. "What is this?" she asked.

"My lady, you are our true Queen. Lyanna will never be able to fill this role," he replied. "Someday, your people will need you again. They will need the wisdom, the leadership that your cousin cannot offer." He closed her hand over the necklace. "This necklace has a transmitter in it. When your people need you and are ready to accept you once more, I will signal you. Until then, I must bid you farewell."

Nadia was suddenly glad that the rain was drenching her, because it covered her tears. "I can never thank you for this, Andre."

"Take care of yourself, and that will be thanks enough," he replied. "And know this, my Queen. I would have protected you. I would have died for you." His voice dropped to a whisper as he brushed his fingers across her cheek. "I would have loved you."

After a light kiss on her cheek, he disappeared into the swirling fog and rain.

Nadia turned and looked at Jacen, whose lightsaber was still drawn. Though she had made it obvious that she trusted Andre, Jacen's eyes betrayed his distrust, and something else. Is it jealousy?

"Who was that?" he asked brusquely.

"A friend," she replied carefully. "He is not a threat."

"Did you tell him where we are going?"

"He guessed already. Andre spent several years in my service, Jacen. He knows me well."

Jacen was quite plainly not satisfied, but he pushed the feeling aside. "We should keep moving."

"Yes, we should," Nadia replied, once more leading the way.

*~*~*~*

Muahahahaha...

I have no idea why I did that. It just felt like the thing to do at the time. ;)

Mel

12. Sticks

Sticks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 27, 2001
    Mmmm... *melts*

13. Qwi_Xux

Qwi_Xux Jedi Master star 4

Oct 5, 2001
    :D Welcome! Hehe, I'm bad...just realized I haven't responded to the last few posts...I sent my feedback to you, but haven't put it up! *cowers in shame* Sorry! I'll try to do better!

So... *clears throat* Loved it! Beautiful! Fantastic! Excellent! Andre was great (so far...I don't want him to be evil! :_| ) Jacen being jealous...*shakes head*

14. womp_rat208

womp_rat208 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 1999
    Hmm, leaving room for a sequal? ;) Waitasec..

Anyways, nice interaction there. Though I wish Jacen would've cut that guy's hair off. I don't like long blonde hair (think Heath Ledger). ;)

15. JadedofMara

JadedofMara Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 16, 2001
    Heath Ledger is ULGY.

But that was a great post...so this leaves room for a post when the transmitter goes off, and Nadia is angsty about whether or not to stsay with Jacen and be Jedi, or return home...right? right? :D

16. Marie_Jadewalker

Nov 14, 2000
    Oooh, Mely, I love the plot twist. Andre seems like a decent guy. If he's planning to betray her, it's an awfully elaborate deception. But there could always be a purpose for that. I loved the "I would have loved you" line.

Also loved the way Jacen was jealous... ;)

~Marie

17. Prof_D_Kirke

Prof_D_Kirke Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 18, 2000
    Good post Mely! I like how you set it up for a sequal.

18. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    Yet another handsome guard... *melts with Sticks* I can't wait to see how and if his and Nadia's history comes out :)

19. Mcily_Nochi

Mcily_Nochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    Andre . . . *rolls the name around on her tongue and shivers deliciously*
    *flutters eyelashes* Is he for me? *sweet smile*

*hugs Master Mely* Great post, as always!

20. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    Heath Ledger, ugly? Gods no!

*melts from Mely's post and a flickering thoughts about Heath* Lovely! You know my exact reactions about this post from this morning, while on AIM.

Am [face_love]

21. Jo_Solo

Jo_Solo Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 21, 2002
    I totally agree with you Amidala! Heath Ledger forever!! [face_love] [face_love] *ahem-on to my message* I loved it Mel!! Can't wait for the next part! P.S. Please don't do a plot twist where the necklace ends up being a tracker or something funky like that and have Andre betray them. That would really suck, especially since all of us are melting here. Nobody wants to melt over a jerk.... ;)

22. DarthLothi

DarthLothi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 4, 2001
    Heath Ledger? {face_rolleyes]

I think Jacen is right - don't trust the guy.

23. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    LOL, Lothi! [face_laugh]

Man, I missed two posts! :eek: Well, actually I didn't miss them, just didn't find time to reply... :p

Anyways, I LOVED them! They were very good. :) But you already know that, Mely, since I told you that in the PM... ;)

24. Melyanna

Jul 19, 2001
    Sticks: Can someone get a mop and clean up this mess? One of my betas melted.

Qwi: Thanks... Hey, why don't you guys trust me anymore? [face_devil]

wompy: Me? Write a sequel?! It'll never happen... ;)

Jaded: I'd tell you, but then you'd be forced to kill me...

Marie: Those were my favorite parts. :D

PDK: Dang, you start calling your story arc the Neverending Solo Kids Saga and everyone starts clamoring for sequels... ;)

Luney: Knowing how this normally goes, you'll think it up and I'll write it. ;)

Padawan Em: Probably. ;)

Am: Okay, now there are three messes to clean up... :D

Jo_Solo: But that would be such a delicious plot twist... :D

Lothi: Not saying anything...

Mar: Thanks!

*~*~*~*

More once I write more. :D

25. Sticks

Sticks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 27, 2001
    *re-forms a la the T1000 in Terminator 2* Mel, you are NOT allowed to make Andre evil. Understand? :mad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.