main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Info Index + rules + Q&A

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Skiara , Sep 14, 2013.

1. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
  2. ThisIsMe1138

ThisIsMe1138 Chosen One star 6

Jun 26, 2018
    @Bazinga'd @Adalia-Durron

When I click on someone's username, that black rectangle comes up on the screen with their information on it. Sometimes it'll say "Last seen viewing thread..." or "engaged in conversation" or whatever, and sometimes it just says at what time they were last seen. Is that a setting?

3. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    When it says “last seen” it means the user is logged off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. ThisIsMe1138

Jun 26, 2018
    It can't, because if I click on your name, it says "Bazinga'd was last seen a moment ago", so you're still here, right?

Last edited: Oct 6, 2018
  5. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    I am logged in via my phone. So I log in and out rapidly.

Adalia-Durron likes this.
  6. ThisIsMe1138

Jun 26, 2018
    Okay, I guess, but what I'm asking is, is it a setting that decides whether it shows where someone last was, verus only when. I think you're just not understanding my question :p (which is my fault cuz I can't figure out how to word it, but do you know what I mean?)

7. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    And logged out means signed out and not just closing your browser.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2018
  8. ThisIsMe1138

Jun 26, 2018
    :confused::confused: Click on my username, and see if it says when I was last seen...

9. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    Nope viewing forum.

I dont remember if there is a specific setting so I will have to check

10. ThisIsMe1138

Jun 26, 2018
    Okay....I think you get it now :p

11. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    @LAJ_FETT Thoughts? I dont think there is a setting to change this, is there?

12. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    It's nothing I've looked into, to tell the truth. I think if you aren't online it does display the last time/date you were seen. If you are online then it displays what you're doing (or were).

13. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    Agree. But I dont think there is an option or setting to hiding your status? Or am I missing something?

14. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Like I said, it isn't anything I've looked into. I know you can restrict people who can view your profile to either Members Only or People You Follow only - it's done in the Preferences section of your profile. This won't prevent staff from viewing - just regular users. You can do the same with Conversations but I'd recommend against that - I had to PM someone who had done that on behalf of a team member on a game they were playing.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
    Bazinga'd likes this.
  15. Adam Skywalker

Adam Skywalker Jedi Youngling

May 30, 2021
    Really thanks man, for me who has 13 years old, its first time on a forum so i hope i will be good here :)

16. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    My kids joined when they were 13 and it was all good for them, they lost interest as they got older, and my son who is still into SW said "Naw, hanging out with mum is not cool" he is gone and my daughter was never a fan, and more curious. This place is safe, and as a mother on the Mod team I keep a finger on that pulse. Depending on where they go, some places are what I'd call 'volatile' in the discussion sense, and things can get heated. Kudos to the Mods to watch all that!! But its all safe.

17. Ash_Skywalker

Ash_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 1

Jul 7, 2021
    I'm one of the latest noobs here, nerdy geek teen, thanks a lot, great welcome already...

Bazinga'd and Adalia-Durron like this.
  18. Jar-Jar Binks

Jar-Jar Binks SWC Late Show With JJB Host star 8 VIP - Game Host

Nov 17, 2016
    I've noticed recently my posts seem to be in a different font. So times I change back to what I think the default is. Arial and size 4. The Size is also different I think.
    Is this just my tablet? Anyone else have this happening?

Also noticed that I could upload my avatar without a link but instead directly from my device. Cool. Thanks God Lucas.

edit*

Please tag me. I don't follow this thread.

Thank you for your time.

edit**

Does anyone watch this thread?

Last edited: Oct 13, 2021
  19. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Hey @Jar-Jar Binks I would recommend also asking this in communications as there is a thread there that is much more active and you’ll get help much faster

Jar-Jar Binks likes this.
  20. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    @LAJ_FETT might know the answer, Binks.

Jar-Jar Binks likes this.
  21. HanSolo98

HanSolo98 Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 9, 2022
    Two questions:
    How do I change my profile pic?
    How do I have the little quote thing at the bottom of my replies?

22. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Hover your cursor over your username up top (next to the little envelope). To change your profile pic go to the 'Avatar' section. You'll see a place to upload a new one. To change your signature, do the same hover and go to the 'Signature' section. Note that images and animations are not allowed in signatures.

23. Angelina_G

Angelina_G Jedi Youngling

Jul 19, 2022
    I'm gonna ask a really dumb question...
    So, I found this forum via some fanfic link, and while I was reading, I found that the text is incomplete (like shown in the screenshot attached here). It's not the first time I had this problem and it seems nobody else is pointing out the problem, so I kinda suspect the problem lies with my side. But I couldn't figure out what I did wrong.
    [​IMG] https://ibb.co/9nNTPM9
    the story link is: https://boards.theforce.net/threads/negotiations-with-destiny-rotj-au-updated-june-2-th.2476482/

Would really appreciate any help on it. Thank you so much!

Lady Belligerent likes this.
  24. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    I believe part of the problem is the JCF was on different boards way back then, when there was a big move to XenForo much of the older stuff didn’t transfer so nicely. It had to do with the size of the posts, and some were repaired by authors. Unfortunately not all were recovered.

There is an abundance of excellent Fanfic to read that wasn’t truncated, and well as all the excellent work since that move.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2022
  25. The Emotional Jedi

The Emotional Jedi Jedi Knight star 3

May 18, 2021
    I have two questions.

1) I'm currently rewriting the Prequel Trilogy, but I would like to have some help, since I don’t think I can do it all by myself. So, how can I ask forum users to help me out? Can I open a specific thread somewhere, or do I need to ask in private?
    2) Yes, I'm rewriting the Prequel Trilogy, but at the same time, I could drop everything if I can find a rewritten version of the PT that already satisfies me as it is. So, I need to open a thread to ask if anyone knows any good rewritten versions of the PT, based on the specific plot points I'd like to see. Where can I open such a thread?