main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Info Index + rules + Q&A

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Skiara , Sep 14, 2013.

1. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd The Mandalorian / Manager of WNU/CT/Saga star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
  2. ThisIsMe1138

ThisIsMe1138 Chosen One star 6

Jun 26, 2018
    @Bazinga'd @Adalia-Durron

When I click on someone's username, that black rectangle comes up on the screen with their information on it. Sometimes it'll say "Last seen viewing thread..." or "engaged in conversation" or whatever, and sometimes it just says at what time they were last seen. Is that a setting?

3. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    When it says “last seen” it means the user is logged off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. ThisIsMe1138

Jun 26, 2018
    It can't, because if I click on your name, it says "Bazinga'd was last seen a moment ago", so you're still here, right?

Last edited: Oct 6, 2018
  5. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    I am logged in via my phone. So I log in and out rapidly.

Adalia-Durron likes this.
  6. ThisIsMe1138

Jun 26, 2018
    Okay, I guess, but what I'm asking is, is it a setting that decides whether it shows where someone last was, verus only when. I think you're just not understanding my question :p (which is my fault cuz I can't figure out how to word it, but do you know what I mean?)

7. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    And logged out means signed out and not just closing your browser.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2018
  8. ThisIsMe1138

Jun 26, 2018
    :confused::confused: Click on my username, and see if it says when I was last seen...

9. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    Nope viewing forum.

I dont remember if there is a specific setting so I will have to check

10. ThisIsMe1138

Jun 26, 2018
    Okay....I think you get it now :p

11. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    @LAJ_FETT Thoughts? I dont think there is a setting to change this, is there?

12. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Lucasfilm Ltd Mod star 10 Staff Member Administrator

May 25, 2002
    It's nothing I've looked into, to tell the truth. I think if you aren't online it does display the last time/date you were seen. If you are online then it displays what you're doing (or were).

13. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    Agree. But I dont think there is an option or setting to hiding your status? Or am I missing something?

14. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Lucasfilm Ltd Mod star 10 Staff Member Administrator

May 25, 2002
    Like I said, it isn't anything I've looked into. I know you can restrict people who can view your profile to either Members Only or People You Follow only - it's done in the Preferences section of your profile. This won't prevent staff from viewing - just regular users. You can do the same with Conversations but I'd recommend against that - I had to PM someone who had done that on behalf of a team member on a game they were playing.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
    Bazinga'd likes this.