main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Info Index + rules + Q&A

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Skiara , Sep 14, 2013.

1. wookieebusiness

wookieebusiness Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 30, 2017
    Where would a thread about the Star Wars expansion at Disney Parks be located? I couldn't find one, and if there isn't one, where would the best place be to start that thread? I would like to get the discussion started if possible. I am a former Walt Disney World Cast member, so I feel like I have some unique insights and some interesting thoughts about the expansion and would like to hear others thoughts.

2. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    First, welcome aboard. Glad to see you around and look forward to reading your insights.

First, if you have not done so, I would double check the forums to see if another thread or has discussed this topic using google. Since our organic search function has been disabled temporary, the workaround way to conduct a search is discussed in THIS THREAD.

What will the focus of your thread be? If its a more general discussion of Star Wars Expansion Park activities than either Star Wars Community, Star Wars Saga Forums, or Fan Force Community may be appropriate. if the thread focuses on specific issues, i.e., particular asapects of a movie, or costuming aspects of the Star Wars Parks, then that specific forum covering the subject matter should apply.

JoinTheSchwarz LAJ_FETT GrandAdmiralJello Skiara Do you guys have other thoughts on this? This topic could crossover a number of threads.

Skiara likes this.
  3. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
  4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I'd agree with SWC. The Fan Force Community doesn't get as much attention as SWC. We have specific forums for Collecting, Costuming, SW Celebration. etc so if you have specific topics in those areas then they should go in those forums.

Skiara and Bazinga'd like this.
  5. wookieebusiness

Mar 30, 2017
    Thanks, SWC looks like a good place for this type of thread. All I found in a search were a few mentions of it in random replies when the project was first announced, no real in-depth analysis. I'll get it started shortly. I look forward to hearing some of your input as well.

Skiara and Bazinga'd like this.
  6. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    I think that sounds okay. We also have a question thread in SWC, so adding that thread would help balance it out I think.

7. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    A thread on the Star Wars expansion at Disney would most certainly fit well over in SWC.

8. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    I'm looking for a thread on the radio dramatisations of the OT from the early 80's, is there a search function I can use?

9. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Use Google and put site:boards.theforce.net at the end of your search. This will work on any public boards here but ones not visible to visitors won't be searched. Example:

Boba Fett site:boards.theforce.net

Note that there can't be any spaces in the site tag as it won't work. Use it as shown.

Skiara , AndyLGR and Bazinga'd like this.
  10. wookieebusiness

Mar 30, 2017

Here is where I placed the thread:

Star Wars Expansion

Not much traffic/discussion yet, but hopefully people will find it and we can get some good conversations going!

11. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012

We saw that. We are still discussing the issue in the Mod-only thread, so stay tuned.

12. The.Chosen.One

The.Chosen.One Jedi Knight

Mar 20, 2015
    Hi sorry I was new a while ago and basically couldn't figure this out and just used it to chat with a friend a made...was wondering where would go to check status on my posting privileges because I requested it a while ago I think. Was wondering if you could help me with other stuff...thank you SOOO MUCH hope to talk to you soon Skiara (or get a response)

13. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012

What do you mean posting privlidges? What are you looking for? Skiara

14. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
  15. BookExogorth

BookExogorth Force Ghost star 4

May 4, 2017
    I have only been around for a month or so... I think that still counts.
    Is there any way to not get emails when you get a response on a PM?

16. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    BookExogorth - click on your user name on the tool bar at the top and select 'alert preferences'. You can turn it off there. :)

Hang on, I might be wrong Bazinga'd?

Skiara and BookExogorth like this.
  17. BookExogorth

May 4, 2017
    I cannot find anything about emails there, though.

Lady Belligerent likes this.
  18. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Ok, found it! Go to the same menu but select 'contact details'. The option is there.

Skiara and BookExogorth like this.
  19. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012

I am a little late to the party, but what Lady Belligerent just said is correct.

20. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    Thank you. :) I knew it was there and I was probably staring at it. :p

Bazinga'd and BookExogorth like this.
  21. BookExogorth

May 4, 2017
    Yay! The second solution was what I wanted, thanks!

22. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    When I change my avatar, I see a box that asks if I want to delete my current one.
    - Is there a place where old Avatars are saved?
    - Can I reuse old avatars from some file somewhere?

23. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    As far as I know the server does not serve your old avatars. They should be saved on your own PC however.

Skiara likes this.
  24. Tailscats_Direct

Tailscats_Direct Jedi Padawan

Jul 12, 2015
    where can I post Star Wars game links I made?

25. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012

We have a game fourm where it may be appropriate to post Star Wars game links. Click HERE. However, we usually do not allow promotion of self-created items. Please check with the games moderators before posting the thread. MarcusP2 The2ndQuest