main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Indy 5 Indiana Jones 5 Title Speculation

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by Gobi-1, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Indiana Jones and The Amber Room
    ...never found

That pic is from Watermain!

Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
    BigAl6ft6 and christophero30 like this.
  2. Darth Smurf

Dec 22, 2015
    How about:
    Indiana Jones and the course of the hazelnut cream

[​IMG]

3. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
  4. Howard Hand

Howard Hand Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2015
    Indiana Jones and the House of the Ghost

christophero30 likes this.
  5. Howard Hand

Howard Hand Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2015
    Indiana Jones: A Steven Spielberg Film

6. Darth Smurf

Dec 22, 2015
    Indiana Jones and the unfinished script

christophero30 likes this.
  7. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    Indiana Jones: its now or never time people.

Darth Smurf likes this.
  8. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Indiana Jones and the last Diet Coke:

Probably better than Indiana IV imo,lol.

DARTH_BELO and christophero30 like this.
  9. Darth Smurf

Dec 22, 2015
    Yes, if they wait any longer Ford can act as Indy in:

Indiana Jones and the fate of Bubba Hotep

joining JFK and Elvis in the geriatric center hunting mummies

Gamiel, Sarge and christophero30 like this.
  10. Gai' Phó

Gai' Phó Jedi Padawan star 1

May 2, 2018
    It's little compared to the development hell of Indy 4. The relatively shorter writing time might make this the fresher film, even though the cast is older. Also, I think the conducting job would be less significant for Williams since much of it would be using familiar themes. Who knows, since it would probably be set around the late '60s/early '70s, it could even use some contemporary songs in the right context.

Not opposed to new games, like you suggested, but historically the most likely (i.e. profitable) way for that to happen is by reinvigorating interest in a new film.

DARTH_BELO likes this.
  11. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I agree that Indy 4 went thru many more years of development hell. However I think the larger concern here is the age of the actors. A couple more years (which it looks like it will AT LEAST be for sure) and Ford won't really be able to even do much himself. Other than narrate, perhaps. I know it's Sacrelige, but I'd be okay if JW decided not to do Indy again. Michael Giacchino did a great job on Rogue One-that was the best non-JW SW score I've heard yet! I'd love to hear his take on an Indiana Jones film.

Anyways, with all the "uncertain future of SW" drama lately, news on the Indy front has really taken a back seat. I'd say if we don't hear something announced by the end of 2020, then I wouldn't be surprised if they'll just lay the idea of a new Indy film to rest. Now, they could always do a Young Indiana Jones series on Disney+ or something. Honestly I think that would be better-seems odd to have an Indiana Jones film take place in the '70s...Going with a younger version opens lots of doors for all kinds of adventures with the Indiana Jones feel we've come to love! I wouldn't mind having Alden Erenreich again-he was great as a young Han in Solo, I could totally see him doing Jones!

Last edited: Jan 29, 2020
    Sarge and Gai' Phó like this.
  12. Gai' Phó

Gai' Phó Jedi Padawan star 1

May 2, 2018
    It's been done, and it was pretty good. An animated series would be one of the few ways to avoid the weirdness of having so many actors play Indy.

indydefense likes this.
  13. indydefense

indydefense Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 2, 2019
    I really hope they don't try to shoehorn in the Nazis or try to do a Abrams-esque soft reboot. This series needs to go out on a high note, with a fresh new, intriguing artifact that closes out this character with dignity.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2020
  14. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018
    Can't really be Nazis, if this is going to be set in the 60s or 70s, not really a big part of the cultural zeitgeist. I'll probably be commies in some form, Cold War stuff, just a different phase. Plenty of mcguffins & geographical locations can fit with that too.

Gamiel likes this.
  15. Darth Smurf

Dec 22, 2015
    The movie will be called Hydra and will tie into Marvel.
    Indy searching for Red Skull.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2020
  16. indydefense

indydefense Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 2, 2019
    The last one was set in 1957. If they follow the real-world amount of time that has passed since then, then Indy 5 will be set in 1970.

Indy's gonna be rockin' some Led Zeppelin and Black Sabbath.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2020
  17. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Indiana Jones V: We Promise It's Much Better Than The Last One

Howard Hand likes this.
  18. StarYogi

StarYogi Jedi Master star 2

Nov 18, 2005
    I'm predicting they will go back to the "Search for the Fountain of Youth" idea, which I believe was an original Lucas/Spielberg plot concept from the 80's. It would be fitting now with Harrison at his age and I imagine they would use some of this new-fangled CGI de-aging tech. I don't think it would be in Indy's character to be searching for it for himself, but maybe he would get pulled into it somehow through a villain who's seeking it. Although that would sound a bit too similar to Indy 3 in a way.

Or maybe they will end up doing the search for Atlantis. Who knows?

19. Aximili86

Nov 28, 2018

Yeah, old-man relic Indy running around amid the cultural revolution is what I'm smelling here. Hippies, commies, 'Nam, some macguffin maybe in Asia.

Based on nothing but the timeline of course, just sort of a hunch. KotCS got a little into Indy's war service and earned reputation, this one might be a bit more of a pre-WW2-slash-WW2-era guy dealing with the changes. 1970's a whole different cultural/social beast to 1957. But still, yeah, can't see how he wouldn't be fighting Reds as far as the goons/cannon fodder. Just probably more a mix of Russians and Vietnamese & Chinese this time rather than Krushchev's peeps alone. With the macguffin being something they'd be after. *Shrugs*

But yesh yesh, Indy being all "you damn kids get offa my lawn!" (and pointing his finger in typical Harrison style :p ) over the Sabbath-fan kids would be ace.

indydefense and StarYogi like this.
  20. oierem

oierem Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2009
    The Fountain of Youth was indeed a Lucas idea, but Spielberg was firmly against it because he considered it wasn't realistic enough. I doubt that now that Lucas is not involved he would reuse a concept he never liked in the first place.

21. StarYogi

Nov 18, 2005
    So they went with the far more plausible "ancient aliens inhabiting Aztec pyramids" scenario. :D

Last edited: Feb 9, 2020
  22. Aximili86

Nov 28, 2018
    Never got why aliens are supposedly more out-there than a stick shooting lightning & melting faces, or the fountain of frickin' youth.

Strange thinking.

Also ties into the 50s cultural stuff perfectly, fits like a glove just as much as occult Nazis did the 30s. Like, what else is it gonna be for the 1950s if not Reds & flying saucers?

darkspine10, oierem and indydefense like this.
  23. StarYogi

Nov 18, 2005
    That's my point. All four films are purposefully outlandish fantasy, which is why I was laughing at Spielberg's apparent sudden concern for realism.
    I'm a bit strange I admit it.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2020
  24. oierem

oierem Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2009
    There is an element of supernatural forces in every Indy film, but how outlandish it is varies depending on the film.
    Raiders is basically realistic until they open the Ark.
    Temple of Doom is more fantasy-oriented, less realistic.
    Last Crusade is again more realistic except for the powers of the Grail (which are briefly featured).
    Kingdom has alienes and a flying saucer, which is more deliverately sci-fi, but again, they are quite downplayed during the film.

But if you follow how the films were made, you'll see that Lucas has always pushed for a more supernatural angle (developing treatments about haunted castles with actual ghosts, and a Monkey King, a civilization of apes that talk....), while Spielberg has vetoed many of these ideas favouring a more realistic approach.

StarYogi likes this.
  25. StarYogi

Nov 18, 2005
    Good insights. Thank you!