main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Indiana Jones Action Figures

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by Captain_Typho, Apr 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Yea, I had the same problem with the Star Wars figures as well in the past. That's one of the big reasons I stopped collecting them. What was the point if you couldn't find half of the waves anyway?

I really hope this doesn't turn out to be the case for Indy. I think I may have to go away from Wal-Mart and start checking some of the other stores in the area and see if I have luck there.

2. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    After endless searching at 5 walmarts and 3 Target's, I finally found the prize (er Holy Grail so to speak) Wave 3! [face_dancing]

Except they didn't have Colonel Vogel, which made me sad but at least I got the other 5 figures.

3. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    Congrats. Did you find them all in one store or did you have to go from store to store to get all five?

4. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    That's a great find, hope you'll find Vogel soon.

5. Captain_Typho

Jul 30, 2003
    Found all 5 in one walmart....in the smallest town of all the places I looked.

Still no skeleton in the mail though.

6. Go-Mer-Tonic

Go-Mer-Tonic Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 22, 1999
    I'm stoked, I just managed to find a Spalko figure. :)

7. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Congratulations, comrade. ;)

8. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Aww, I am so jealous. :(

Congrats! She was definitely a hard one to track down.

9. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    I found a Spalko the first time I went looking for Indy figures. :D

10. Captain_Typho

Jul 30, 2003
    Been a while since I posted in this thread. Has anyone gotten their crystal skeleton figure yet? I ordered mine the day after the figures came out in early May, they cashed the check over a month ago, and still no figure. :(

11. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    I'm in a similar situation. They cashed the check, but still no figure.

On top of that, I have yet to find any LC figures. I'm about to give up, this is getting ridiculous. :(

12. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    I have only seen the Last Crusade wave once and that when I bought them myself. I'm guessing the stores that actually had these on the pegs only put out one box.

13. lucky10318917

lucky10318917 Jedi Youngling

Aug 6, 2008
    where are people who are spotting these figures going? i live on the east coast and i have seen nothing here. The pegs are still full and it unfortunately looks like the best bet is still online even with ridiculous shipping

14. MICK2M6

MICK2M6 Jedi Youngling

Aug 6, 2008
    This is B******. I cant find these figures anywhere. I've been lookig for weeks. I am most likely going to resort to buying them off the internet at a overcharged price plus shipping because I cant wait no more. I NEED THEM.

BTW. I didnt receive the crystal skull figure yet either but I did get the Ark. And it is beautiful.

Also If you guys didnt check out the Indiana Jones figure ornament from Hallmark, Please do. The figure looks better than any new figure out. And it stands on its own. It really is a great looking figure. Check it out.

15. JediMasterKendo

JediMasterKendo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 2, 2000
    Anyone notice that certain figures are pegwarming like crazy?

Kingdom of the Crystal Skull rocket launcher Indy
    Deluxe Raiders Indy with the fertility idol and base
    Mutt figures pegwarming alot
    Spalko
    The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull temple Indians
    the Raiders of the Lost Ark Swordsman

16. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    Well most of the store in my area (and apparently across the country) over order and now the first two waves are chocking the pegs. The Last Crusade wave is almost impossible to find. One of my local Walmart stores is very small and their pegs are modestly filled yet the biggest peg warmers they had were Bazooka Indy and both Mutt Williams.

SInce I've read that the 12-Incg Ark of the Covenant was showing up in mail boxes across the country I went ahead and bought the Talking Indiana Jones instead of waiting for Col. Dovchenko. I was somewhat reluctant to because the likeness isn't that good. Well taking it out of the packing I can say it's not that bad. From certain angles it looks pretty good. I took the leather jacket and fertility idol and gave them to the whip cracking Indy and now I have an Uber-Indiana Jones.

17. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Yea, it's the same situation here. The pegs are flooded with the first two waves and they are moving very slowly, if at all. It's kinda funny too. When I first spotted the figures back in May, they had a slim selection to pick from and then they just exploded. I just wish they would've judged this a bit better to make way for the later waves. It's very frustrating not being able to find the figures you need to complete the collection. That's what got me out of Star Wars collecting in the first place. I don't want that to happen to Indy too.

Although, I did find the new Indy Mighty Muggs today, so I guess that's a good sign. It's something new, so perhaps the LC wave won't be far behind.

18. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    I've seen the Indy Mighty Muggs as well along with the Titanium series. I was tempted to pick up the Flying Wing but I can't justify the seven dollar price tag.

19. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    I know some of you are going to hate me but my local Walmart put out the new deluxe figures. Mutt with Motorcycle and Cairo Thugs Two-Pack. I piked up Mutt with his bike but passed on the Cairo thugs. My store also had put out some more Last Crusade figures. I saw a couple of Henry Sr., Young Indy and Indy with tie.

20. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    [face_frustrated]

I don't understand how some places can be putting out all this new stuff and then you have the stores around my area, where there is no sign of the new figures. I'm getting very fed up with this.

21. Captain_Typho

Jul 30, 2003
    I too picked up Mutt on motorcycle today and passed on cairo thugs.

22. Vortigern99

Vortigern99 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2000
    You guys need to come to the Wal-Mart in south Austin, TX, because their shelves are STUFFED with EVERY WAVE 3 FIGURE known to man. If I'd had a thousand bucks I could have bought 'em all along with a few Wave 1 and 2 leftovers. Good heavens.

23. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    :_|

That is all.

24. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    I guess Texas has lucked out for once. Usually with Star Wars figures are hard to find. For instance I never saw the first Count Dooku released by Hasbro back when Attack of the Clones came out until my brother got me one for Christmas.

25. Lizardmonkey

Lizardmonkey Jedi Master star 2

May 21, 2002
    Scotland is suffering a bit of a famine - after the mania of the movies we only have the Mayan Warrior and Mutt w/ snake figure.
    By the way - I think that the ltd edition Japanese Indiana Jones doll of a few years back is the one photographed on the back of the new 12 " doll box - am I wrong?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.