main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Indiana Jones and the Spoils of Collecting

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by Gobi-1, Jun 29, 2016.

1. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    It's been awhile since there was any new Indiana Jones merchandise was announced but that is beginning to change as we build up to Indiana Jones 5. I looked back to see if we had a general collecting thread but there were only individual threads for divided up between LEGOs, actions figures, trading cards, etc, focused primarily on Indy 4.

With Mod approval it thought it might be a good idea to start a general collecting thread that was a catch all for all things Indy you can buy.

First up:
    http://funko.com/blogs/news/2016-san-diego-comic-con-exclusives-wave-eight

Pop! Disney: Indiana Jones - Indy with Idol

[​IMG]

2. Giovs

Giovs Jedi Master star 3

Apr 29, 2013
    I had a pretty decent collection of Indy stuff, but eventually I sold some of my collection because I wanted to focus my collecting into Star Wars.
    But I still have some rare itens, including most of the German novels, french comics, etc. I was very pissed when Lucasfilm canceled the release of the already completed Staff of Kings novel :_|
    I haven't seen any new Indy collectibles for some time, probably since the blu-ray release.

3. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    I imagine any new Indy merchandise will be more limited then what was available when KotCS came out. Books, Trading cards, Funko Pop! Bobble Heads, LEGOs, and maybe a few Black Series action figures. I don't see Hasbro doing another full blown series of 3/4 inch action figures again. I would however like to see more t-shirts and clothing. I don't recall ever seeing any Indy t-shirts at Walmart with Indy 4.

4. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    Here's news on another Funko Pop! Indiana Jones release.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...ng-to-disney-parks-online-store-on-october-7/

Indiana Jones Adventure-Inspired Funko Pop! Coming to Disney Parks Online Store on October 7
    by Steven Miller, Merchandise Communications Manager

The next figure in our series of Disney Parks Exclusive Funko Pop! figures will be released on October 7, 2016 via the Disney Parks online store. Part of the Pop! Rides series, this figure features Indiana Jones in his rugged troop transport vehicle from the Indiana Jones Adventure at Disneyland park. The packaging for this item is similar to the Indiana Jones figure released in July 2016. This figure is number 19 in their Pop! Rides series, and includes the replica ride vehicle along with a removable Indiana Jones figure. Retail is $40.00 (plus tax).

This item will only be sold on the Disney Parks online store. To place an order starting October 7, please visit DisneyStore.com/IndianaFunko.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Looks great. I see Funko continuing their Indiana Jones association leading up to, and including, Indiana Jones 5.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  5. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    I collect 70s and80s toys in general (w/a focus on Star Wars and G.I. Joe, but I collect various Mego lines, Masters of the Universe, Transformers and many more), but I was shamefully deficient of any Indy stuff (save for a Hasbro figure I bought back in '08, which I've recently given to my Indy obsessed 8 year old Nephew), so I recently(ish) bought Kenner Indiana Jones and Cairo Swordsman figures.

That vintage Kenner line is great, but it wasn't made in Star Wars sized quantities, and items are hard to find and pricey when you do. I plan on getting most of the figures (though sadly Marion may not be one of them, as she tends to go for $100+ loose and is scarce), and I want the Well of Souls playset and perhaps the German truck and Indy's horse.

I'm not really interested in new merch, though like w/Star Wars, if Hasbro were ever to do a 6" Black Series style Indiana Jones line, I'd be all over it.

6. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    I managed to pick up three of the Temple of Doom wave figures from 2008. All for around 25 bucks. I'm afraid it's going to cost me a lot more to manage to get the other ones. Still 3 out of 6 ain't bad.

[​IMG]

7. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2005
    I've always been a huge Indy fan and collector. My Indy collection is rivaled only by my Star Wars collection.

christophero30 likes this.
  8. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    I scored a Short Round figure from ebay.

[​IMG]

Got him for just under $20.00! Four down, two to go. I'm coming for you Mola Ram.

9. CaptainHamYoyo

CaptainHamYoyo Jedi Master star 2

Aug 18, 2011
    Just got my Sideshow Premium Format Indy today!!!

Less than a year ago, that TOD Indy was my first Sideshow figure. Since then, got all the main characters from Star Wars: A New Hope (Hot Toys and Sideshow). Think I’m taking a break after getting this PF Indy(getting to be too expensive of a collection, lol)

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigAl6ft6 and Gobi-1 like this.
  10. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    My brother-in-law was in Anaheim on business and he managed to sneak off to Disneyland and brought me back this.

[​IMG]

Now I'll have something to wear for Indiana Jones 5!

11. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    Picked up some Indiana Jones games at a thrift store. Only $3.00 each! No missing pieces and like new condition. The DVD games hadn't even been played as the cards were still wrapped in plastic.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. CaptainHamYoyo

Aug 18, 2011
    My Sideshow Indy collection!

[​IMG]

13. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I like that Mola Ram.

CaptainHamYoyo likes this.
  14. Bob Effette

Bob Effette Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2015
    We have quite a few of those 3 3/4" figures that were released around the time of Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, because my eldest son was into them at the time. They are all loose, but barely played with and most have the accessories.

We have:

Indiana Jones - with idol x 2
    Marion - red trousers
    Monkey Man
    German Motorcycle with rider
    Indiana Jones - no jacket, from Crystal Skull
    Indiana Jones with removable hat, from Crystal Skull
    Mola Ram
    Thuggee Guard (the Pat Roach character)
    Peru Graveyard Warrior
    Ugah tribe warrior
    German Soldier version 1
    German Soldier version 2
    Henry Jones Senior
    Indiana Jones with horse
    Temple of Doom Indy x 3 (2 loose, 1 still boxed - my absolute favourite of the lot)
    Short Round
    Indiana Jones with Tie and Machine Gun (from Last Crusade)
    German Car vehicle

Edit: Forgot to mention Mutt

Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
  15. CaptainHamYoyo

Aug 18, 2011
    Just for fun, took all my Sideshow Indy pieces and combined them into a Struzan-poster inspired image

[​IMG]

16. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    A little off topic but I've been playing Indy video games lately. The TOD arcade game, which I never even knew existed, as well as Young Indiana Jones on Genesis and the SNES Indy. I'm a huge Indy fan but never owned anything other than the films and the cards and the movie program from Raiders which I no longer have.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2020
    CaptainHamYoyo likes this.
  17. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    It's been kind of slow for Indy collectibles, hasn't it?

18. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    Hasbro Expands Relationship With Disney’s Lucasfilm, Extending Star Wars License and Adding New Deal for Indiana Jones Franchise
    https://www.businesswire.com/news/h...As8WVtxe9jjx_CL6PWlWpGBqgNivCO172kH_MbQ4MT-oQ

PAWTUCKET, R.I. & LOS ANGELES--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Hasbro, Inc. (NASDAQ:HAS) today announced an extended relationship with Lucasfilm, renewing its longstanding licensing deal for Star Wars™, and announcing a new agreement to develop products based on the Indiana Jones™ franchise. As a global master toy licensee for both franchises, Hasbro will continue to create toys and games designed to appeal to fans of all ages for the Star Wars franchise and is excited to start on designs for the Indiana Jones franchise. The Indiana Jones line by Hasbro will be available globally in 2023, aligning with the release of the highly anticipated new Indiana Jones feature film.

You can click the link to read the full article.

GunganSlayer and PymParticles like this.
  19. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I'd like to see a new Mola Ram. I'd buy him..

20. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    That Mola Ram has a lot of heart.

Sarge and LAJ_FETT like this.
  21. GunganSlayer

GunganSlayer Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    Dang, well, finally some new official news! Glad to hear Hasbro's renewal with Lucasfilm, as well as the Indy news.

I do find it a shame (and slightly perplexing) that we won't get anything until 2023. I know that's when the film comes out, but wouldn't it be possible to release a couple of figures or something from the previous four films during the 2022 holiday season? Just to help build up anticipation? Is it just too early to design, manufacture, and distribute by the end of the year? Or, just lack of demand? I know the kid action figure market isn't as healthy as it used to be.

22. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    I would guess this more than anything, but I admittedly know absolutely nothing about the toy industry, so it's just an uninformed assumption on my part. But I'm looking forward to taking a look at their line once it starts hitting stores. All I really want is an Indiana Jones equivalent of a Black Series figure, so I can stick it next to my small army of Black Series Han Solos.

GunganSlayer likes this.
  23. GunganSlayer

GunganSlayer Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    Yeah, that would be cool if they could just do a Black Series line for Indy.

Heck, while we're at it, let's do Willow, too!

24. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    ...in a heartbeat.

Gobi-1, GunganSlayer and LAJ_FETT like this.
  25. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    RUMOR Alert!

Here's the potential prices for the rumored LEGO Indy sets.

75571 $39.99
    75572 $59.99
    75573 $89.99
    75574 $139.99

I think they'll be one set from each movie with Indy 5 sets to follow in 2023. I think the $139.99 set could be the Circus Train from TLC. I can see it being similar to the Lone Ranger train set from 2013.

[​IMG]

GunganSlayer and christophero30 like this.