main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Indiana Jones and the Spoils of Collecting

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by Gobi-1, Jun 29, 2016.

1. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013

Hmmm, they're referring to these mock props as "product," I guess that means they're going to be released? That'd be cool.

KyleKartan and Gobi-1 like this.
  2. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    Sorry I didn't post this sooner but I was out of town. The new Indiana Jones toys from Hasbro have been announced. Here's an excellent recap from TheToyArk.com.

Hasbro PulseCon 2022 – Indiana Jones Panel Recap
    https://news.toyark.com/2022/10/01/hasbro-pulsecon-2022-indiana-jones-panel-recap-485114#more-485114

On the second day of Hasbro PulseCon 2022, the team shared our first look at their new 6″ scale and 3.75″ scale figures based on the Indiana Jones franchise! During the panel, they showcased the figures and details for the line, which was all from Raiders of the Lost Ark. There will be toys for collectors and kids, in multiple scales. After the jump, you can find a rundown of the details shared by the team, as well as screen caps from the live stream.

Introduction

• Will have product for kids and adults.
    • For the kids, they are doing Indiana Jones: Worlds of Adventure. Similar to Star Wars Mission Fleet.
    • Indiana Jones: Adventure Series will be the 6″ collector line. Similar to Marvel Legends and Star Wars Black Series. Photo real decos.
    • The Adventures of Indiana Jones will be the Retro Collection inspired line.
    • There will be premium role play items, 1:1 scale items from the films.
    Indiana Jones: Adventure Series
    • Raiders of the Lost Ark Indiana Jones 6″ Scale Figure. Interchangeable hands, whip, hat, a satchel, pistol, golden fertility idol. New hand connection design.
    • Raiders of the Lost Ark Toht 6″ Scale Figure. Hands, regular portrait, melting face portrait, a cost, and a pistol.
    • Above 2 figures will be available to pre-order today at 6PM via Hasbro Pulse and fan channels. Spring 2023 release.
    • Raiders of the Lost Ark Sallah 6″ Scale Figure. Robe, shovel, coiled rope.
    • Raiders of the Lost Ark Belloq 6″ Scale Figure. Staff, chest plate.
    • Raiders of the Lost Ark Marion 6″ Scale Figure. Includes a monkey (with photo real deco), a frying pan.
    • Packaging design reveal for Indy, Toht, Sallah, Belloq, and Marion. Plastic free, windowless box. Figure render on the front.
    • Figures will include a Build-An-Artifact piece. The artifact is the Ark of the Covenant from Raiders of the Lost Ark. Handles are designed for figures to hold it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The Adventures Indiana Jones Retro Collection
    • Indiana Jones 3.75″ Scale Figure. Inspired by the original Kenner figures. Spring loaded arm, 7 points of articulation, bendable knees. Whip, pistol included.
    • Packaging revealed. Uses original style card back design.
    • Available to pre-order today at 6PM via Hasbro Pulse and fan channels. Spring 2023 release.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Premium Artifacts Role Play
    • Staff of Ra Headpiece 1:1 scale collectible. Includes a display base. Metallic finish. Will light up when moved into the right peg. Gem is removable.
    • Packaging revealed. Windowless box with illustrated front cover.
    • Available to pre-order today at 6PM via Hasbro Pulse and fan channels. Spring 2023 release.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

You can see more photos at the link above.

Pre-Orders are available here:
    https://hasbropulse.com/collections/indiana-jones

3. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    That staff of Ra looks excellent.

4. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    My biggest concern is the lack of a plastic window in the packaging. You won't be able to look at the paint application and there's also the chance that scammers will steal the 'Build an Artifact' piece or swap the figure for something else. I see it occasionally with figure in normal packing and can't help but think it will increase with plastic free packaging.

5. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    Club Obi-Wan Indiana Jones spotted at Brazilian Comic Con. This will be a retailer exclusive which is why it does not come with a 'Build An Artifact' piece.

[​IMG]

6. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    Sorry that my link in the above post is dead. Here's an in depth review of the Club Obi-Wan Indy someone managed to get a hold of.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2022
  7. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
  8. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    Oh my god we have an Indy collecting thread? My new home! Hello!

[​IMG]

Funko pops were announced! Looking forward to those.

also found my first adventure series figures. Indy and Sallah. Bought them both immediately, and they look great! Haven't had any problems with Indy's whip strap like some have.

KyleKartan and Gobi-1 like this.
  9. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    I'm looking forward to the Funko Pops as well.

So far I've got two of the three new LEGO sets, Fighter Plane Chase 77012 and Escape from the Lost Tomb 77013. I'm planning to pick up Temple of the Golden Idol 77015 next payday. I've also picked up the retro Indiana Jones figure. My #1 priority is getting all the LEGO sets, then I'm going to focus on the retro figures, then Funko Pops and finally the 6-Inch figures. The Adventure Series figures look amazing but the fact that they're so expensive and the packaging has no window puts them low on my list.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

KyleKartan, BigAl6ft6 and Gamma626 like this.
  10. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    Haven't run into any of the Lego sets in person yet but I see they are on Amazon. That's something I may have to get into in the future as well.

To be fair I really like the packaging. It looks nice. The two I have had excellent paint apps, so that was a good thing! I understand the trepidation though.

11. JediMasterSven

JediMasterSven Jedi Master star 3

Apr 21, 2014
    My Target had the retroseries Short Round figures, all of which had damaged packaging ( Like you cou6dl walk up and pocket the thing if you wanted) so I know have a 3 inch Short Round to go with my 3 inch Indy, Sallah, Henry Jones, Sr., Marion Ravenwood, and Mutt. I just need them to make a retro-series Marcus Brody and I'm set on my Indiana Jones Adventure Series Heroes. At least until I see DoD and then I'll get Helena in that series.

BigAl6ft6 and christophero30 like this.
  12. GunganSlayer

GunganSlayer Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    I'm really digging these latest releases--they are pretty cool!

13. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    I'm super bummed we're apparently just never getting Willie ever again. No funko, no adventure series. We're getting friggen Renaldo or whatever his name is, but no Willie or Mola Ram. I've only bought two, but if they're going to ignore most of the people in Temple, and all of Crystal Skull, I may just not bother.

Watcherwithin likes this.