main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Indiana Jones on DvD?

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by landshark321, Aug 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. landshark321

landshark321 Jedi Youngling

Aug 11, 2002
    What are they waiting for. I find the same dissappointment with the Indiana Jones saga just like star wars. As more movies come out, they must be holding out for a massively expensive set that will rake in more bucks. After IJ4 comes out, will there be more movies to that? Can we expect to have some sold IJ dvds after that film with good features or must we wait even longer than star wars for a solid set. Opinions, what do you think the deal with dvd releases should be?

2. malducin

malducin Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 2001
    Well for a long time Spielberg said he didn't want to relase films on DVD because of techonoly concerns (mainly content protection). But now that some of his most cherished projects have been released or are already planned, in particular ET, it won't be long until the IJ DVDs are released. Though maybe he'll use Lucas strategy of releasing the old one after Indy 4 is made.

3. Blur

Blur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 1999

I think it's appaling that none of the IJ films are on DVD, when you have such a wide selection of other films/TV shows/etc. on DVD that are of much lower quality. Get with it, Lucasfilm! These films aren't Star Wars! There is NO GOOD REASON why they can't be released to DVD right now. There are plenty of people waiting for these. The "technology not good enough" bs excuse just doesn't cut it anymore, especially since DVD has become such a technically advanced medium.

Waiting until after Indy 4 is released (if that ever happens!) to release these DVD's would be a huge mistake...

Just my .02.....

4. CwrnPuppet

CwrnPuppet Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    Not only that, I'd love to have the whole Young Indy series on DVD.

5. Blur

Blur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 1999

So would I - YIJC was, IMHO, the best show to ever be aired on T.V. - each episode was almost like a mini-film. Very well-done. Seeing these on DVD would be especially cool since some of the episodes were only released overseas, never in the U.S.

However, I don't see this happening anytime soon since the actual YIJC VHS tapes were never released in their completion - they were originally going to release all of them, but stopped about halfway through - I'm assuming this was done because the VHS tapes sold poorly....Too bad, but I guess you have to consider that these tapes are aimed at people in the U.S., where the WWF show is considered high entertainment....A show like the YIJC goes over most American's heads, since they actually have to THINK when watching it (and yes, I am American, and proud of it - I just think many people's tastes in T.V. shows in this country is stomach-turning!)

6. DarthMaul13

DarthMaul13 Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 26, 1998
    Lucas owns the rights to Indiana Jones because it's his creation, just like Star Wars. In a way, Spielberg is working for Lucas when directing the films just like Empire and Jedi were done by a different director. So if you want to blame anybody for the delay in the release of the DVDs, you have to point the finger at Lucas.

In the same fashion as Star Wars, I think Lucas may wait till the release of Indy 4, before releasing the first three on DVD. So that means, we'll have to wait till 2005 before getting the OT or the Indy Trilogy on DVD.

7. keokiswahine

keokiswahine Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 4, 2000
    I think I read somewhere where GL/LFL is making the Indy DVD set of the 3 Indy movies, probably going to be released right before Indy4 opens.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.