main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Indy 5 Indiana Jones & The Dial of Destiny All Aboard the Hype Train to June 2023!

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by choccy, Mar 15, 2016.

1. DartJackson

DartJackson Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 26, 2020
    Not only. Lucas was distracted by Young Indy, and then by the prequels. And Spielberg was very busy.

Princess_Tina and antitoxicgamer like this.
  2. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    Also, IIRC, I believe the two directors went thru several rewrites where they weren't really happy with the script. That also accounted for several years worth of delays.

3. DartJackson

DartJackson Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 26, 2020
    TLC went through several writers too, but there was no such delay. Because work on it did not stop.

Work on KOTCS was interrupted for a long time, just because of the busyness of George and Steven.

4. antitoxicgamer

antitoxicgamer Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 9, 2020
    For now, the only Indiana Jones style movie that we are getting is Uncharted the movie.

It's kinda ironic that Uncharted game was one of the main reasons that killed the xbox 360 and PS3 versions of Indiana Jones and the Staff Of Kings.
    https://www.gameinformer.com/b/feat...-turmoil-brought-down-a-legendary-studio.aspx
    If Uncharted movie becomes really great and successful then I think that might make the competition harder for Indiana Jones 5.

christophero30 likes this.
  5. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    I think the vast imitators of Indy over the years make it more difficult for a new Indy to appear fresh. There's been the Romancing the Stone series, the Mummy series and the Tomb Raider series off the top of my head.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2020
    Jar-Jar Binks and antitoxicgamer like this.
  6. antitoxicgamer

Sep 9, 2020
    We also had those Nicholas Cage National Treasure movies.

Jar-Jar Binks and christophero30 like this.
  7. christophero30

May 18, 2017
  8. R.D.

R.D. Jedi Master star 3

Nov 26, 2015
    To be fair some of them have dropped into obscurity. I barely remember the most recent Tomb Raider, let alone the Angelina Jolie ones.

9. darthfettus2015

darthfettus2015 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2012
    can't find anywhere else to put this.. RIP Sean Connery.. wonderful as Dr Jones senior

christophero30 and cwustudent like this.
  10. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    "We seem to be at the age where life stops giving us things and starts taking them away."

11. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    What is worrying to me is how this movie seems to also be affected by Disney the same way TFA was. When you have both Lucas and Spielberg getting out of their all-time franchises due to backstage mess with the studio, you know who is to blame.

dolphin likes this.
  12. christophero30

May 18, 2017
    I've been mentally preparing myself for Connery's passing for a while now as he was 90 but it is so sad to hear the news. What a career.

13. R.D.

R.D. Jedi Master star 3

Nov 26, 2015
    He really helped make Last Crusade my favorite of all the Indys.

"Schon, I'm sorry. They got us."

"It tells me that goose-stepping morons like yourself should try reading books instead of BURNING them."

14. antitoxicgamer

Sep 9, 2020
    Even though this is one of his worst movies I really love this scene. It really shows that even in the stupid movies he could act well.

I wished that at very least he appeared in the wedding scene of Indiana Jones 4.

darthfettus2015 likes this.
  15. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    Rumours circulating today that this will begin filming next August.

16. Reepicheep775

Reepicheep775 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2019
    I'm a little confused. Following the Disney Investor Day, I've seen numerous news outlets breaking the news that Indiana Jones 5 is going to happen, Harrison Ford will return, James Mangold will direct etc. as if it's big news. Wasn't this all confirmed months ago?

17. AEHoward33

AEHoward33 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2019
    Oh dear. Is Harrison Ford simply narrating this film or will he be the main action star? Because if it's true that this film will begin shooting next August, he will be 79 years and one month old.

18. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    80 is the new 50 apparently.

19. christophero30

May 18, 2017
    Ford at 80 is better than 98 percent of action stars. There will be someone younger clearly, and Indy should take more of a Connery role.

20. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Given the recent Johnny Depp case, I doubt Shia LaBeouf will play a part in this film He's being sued by ex-girlfriend FKA twigs for sexual battery, assault, and infliction of emotional distress. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-55279299 .
    I don't think anyone would want his name associated with the film if he should turn out to be guilty.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2020
  21. christophero30

May 18, 2017
    Not a big Shia fan so I am perfectly okay with that.

22. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Same here. Figured I'd bring it up since I saw the news in the papers earlier.

23. christophero30

May 18, 2017
    Don't want to pick on the guy but he's kind of brought it on himself. Repeatedly.

24. Skywalker Family

Skywalker Family Jedi Master star 3

Mar 15, 2017
    I never liked Shia LaBeouf anyway. Even before hearing this news I never believed he would be brought back for Indy 5.

25. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I didn't think he'd be back either (we'd have heard rumors before this) but I think this eliminates him.