main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Indy 5 Indiana Jones & The Dial of Destiny All Aboard the Hype Train to June 2023!

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by choccy, Mar 15, 2016.

1. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    Rumours that they're filming around Loch Lomond in Scotland.

2. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    Indiana Jones and the Blurry Nessie Sighting

Shut up I know Loch Lomond isn't Loch Ness. [face_laugh]

3. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    I love that they are filming in Scotland My favorite ASMRtist is Scottish Murmurs,

Scottish Murmurs and ASMR got me through the tough year that was 2020 with my anxieties and all and all the crazy things happening in the world. I told Scottish Murmur/Lauren and all my UK friends about Indy 5 filming in England and Scotland and if you want to be an extra in a film look out for casting calls!

I believe Paramount still owns a percentage of the Indy Franchise so we probably still get the Paramount Logo and Lucasfilm Logo at the beginning but in the End of the credits at the end of the film it will say Distributed by The Walt Disney Studios!

ok so I looked It up Paramount owns Distribution Rights for the first 4 films but any future film like Indy 5 or starting with Indy 5 Paramount just owns Financial Participation for any future Disney film or TV project.

Walt Disney Studios owns the distribution and marketing rights to future Indiana Jones films since 2013, with Paramount retaining the distribution rights to the first four films and receiving "financial participation" from any additional films.
    Film(s): Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981); Indiana ...
    Soundtrack(s): Raiders of the Lost Ark; Indiana ...
    Owned by: Lucasfilm Ltd. (The Walt Disney Co...
    Theme park attractions: Indiana Jones Advent...

Indiana Jones - Wikipedia
    https://en.wikipedia.org › wiki › Indiana_Jones

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 17, 2021
    KyleKartan likes this.
  4. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Thanks for the coverage, everyone. I have a good feeling about this movie.

5. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    I have a good feeling about this film too! Just look at Mangold's Track record, Copland, 3:10 To Yuma, Walk The Line, The Wolverine, Logan and Ford vs Ferrari!

6. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    He also did Girl Interrupted

7. paradigmes

paradigmes Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 9, 2021
    I don't actually know what is the story, but I am imagining and I find the idea of secret Nazi trains on the misty hills in the middle of the night going to Nazi castles very thrilling.

8. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    I really like the flashbacks idea. They can give fans of the younger, more physical incarnation of the character what they want, and it’s in the spirit of Last The Crusade’s introduction. It can give a different type of atmosphere to what the older incarnation is doing, even if those flashbacks are minimal. Seems like the best of both worlds to me, like a celebration of the brand. Which is perfect for a final film.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2021
  9. christophero30

May 18, 2017
    I wouldn't be surprised to see a lengthy flashback, 20 minutes or so.

10. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    The new Ultimate Guide to Indiana Jones is surprisingly candid about why Spielberg isn’t directing. He quit because he didn’t like the story and had creative differences with Disney.

Jar-Jar Binks and christophero30 like this.
  11. christophero30

May 18, 2017
    A bit surprising as him and Kennedy go way back. He probably didn't want to do Nazis again.

Jar-Jar Binks likes this.
  12. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    It can’t be any worse than KOTCS. Can it?

13. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    As expected. Not surprised at all about this.

14. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    Then why has he been working directly with Mangold? Why is he still heavily involved, based off a few people’s accounts, as a producer? That sounds like pure conjecture.

15. Serpico Jones

Nov 3, 2012
    Could just be PR fluff.

16. PymParticles

Oct 1, 2014
    It could also be that the unofficial, commemorative Ultimate Guide is wrong. Creative disputes haven’t been reported by a single reputable outlet in the year plus since Spielberg departed.

17. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    It probably is pure conjecture.

Unless things have changed, Disney holds no leverage on any of this. Spielberg needs to give his consent or no new Indy movie is happening, it's as simple as that. Disney may have bought the rights to distribute and market Indiana Jones, but I'm pretty sure that the rights to make sequels lay with Lucas and Spielberg. Taking over Lucasfilm may have given them one part of that, but it definately didn't grant them Spielberg's part.

18. Serpico Jones

Nov 3, 2012
    Ali Arikan, film critic for Rogerebert.com, has also tweeted recently that the overwhelming rumor going around Hollywood is that Spielberg quit the project due to creative battles with Disney.

19. bstnsx704

Mar 11, 2013
    If he quit in the capacity that magazine is painting it as, then it would be pretty odd for him to still be sticking on as a pretty involved producer, and Mangold has spoken highly of working with him on Twitter. It seems more likely to me, based on the information we've seen and what we've known dating back to KotCS, that Spielberg's heart just isn't totally into directing these anymore. He saw himself as being done with Indy after TLC, he was the last holdout on KotCS (and even mentioned the prospect of handing that one to a younger director in the KotCS bonus features) but did it mostly as a favor to Lucas and Ford, and without Lucas talking him into this one, it seems like it probably struck him as the "right time" to pass the torch to someone new while still letting Ford go do his thing and have some fun in the role one last time.

I'd be curious to see the actual quote in this magazine... and more importantly, to see the source it attributes the quote to (if any).

20. PymParticles

Oct 1, 2014
    Did you read his tweet? “I harbor doubts about the veracity of it.”

Another critic responds to him right below with this:

Jar-Jar Binks and bstnsx704 like this.
  21. Serpico Jones

Nov 3, 2012
    Just because he has some doubt doesn’t mean it isn’t true. This is the same company that told George Lucas to take a hike.

Alexrd and Jar-Jar Binks like this.
  22. bstnsx704

Mar 11, 2013
    Lucas sold them pre-existing outlines, but he was never attached to any projects. He washed his hands of it all with the sale. I wouldn't exactly call that "telling him to take a hike."

Spielberg is literally attached to this film. Even after stepping down as a director.

I have my fair share of problems with modern day-Lucasfilm and Disney, but this just reads as another baseless conspiracy theory to me.

23. Serpico Jones

Nov 3, 2012
    He was developing episode seven before the sale and was disgusted to the point that he dismissed Disney as white slavers. He also admitted Disney weren’t enthusiastic about him being involved creatively.

24. PymParticles

Oct 1, 2014
    So you’re fully willing to believe this off secondhand accounts of a rumor, which the person sharing doubts and a colleague denies the truth of, based off a single quote from a commemorative magazine you got from the checkout aisle of the grocery store. This is enough for you to treat Spielberg’s active and ongoing involvement with the film, up to and including direct communication with the replacement director Spielberg himself seems to have played a hand in selecting. Entirely because you’re still salty Lucas’ treatments weren’t used.

okay.

KyleKartan likes this.
  25. Serpico Jones

Nov 3, 2012
    This movie was stuck in development hell for five years. Do I think Spielberg dropped out because he and Disney couldn’t agree on a script? Yes I do. Do I believe Spielberg is involved with this movie in any way? No, I don’t. Do I believe Disney gave him a contractually obligated token producer credit like they did with JJ Abrams on TLJ? Yes, I do.