main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Indy 5 Indiana Jones & The Dial of Destiny All Aboard the Hype Train to June 2023!

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by choccy, Mar 15, 2016.

1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
  2. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Is there some kind of ancient gypsy curse on Tom Cruise?

3. PCCViking

PCCViking 6x Wacky Wednesday Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014
    Well, he was in the Mummy remake.

christophero30 likes this.
  4. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    I predict the train can travel through time.

Jar-Jar Binks likes this.
  5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I'm still going with the 'Nazi gold train' idea since that's an established myth.

6. christophero30

May 18, 2017
    it can be both :D

7. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Could be but I think they'd be stretching things by bringing time travel in. They just about got away with the Holy Grail.

8. christophero30

May 18, 2017
    Indy chases the gold train in WW2. Then it vanishes. Current day, the train appears around the globe and then vanishes. I like this idea.

9. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    The WWII idea works as that's when it vanished (supposedly). Rumor was it was somewhere in Poland, possibly inside a tunnel in a mountain. Drag the timeline up to the Moon landing and conceivably technology has advanced far enough that something like ground-penetrating radar could be used to search for it from the air.

Jar-Jar Binks and christophero30 like this.
  10. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    A train that can travel through time? Ridiculous.

[​IMG]

:p

Jar-Jar Binks and christophero30 like this.
  11. Jar-Jar Binks

Jar-Jar Binks SWC Late Show With JJB Host star 8 VIP - Game Host

Nov 17, 2016
    [​IMG]

12. PCCViking

Jun 12, 2014
    For some reason, my picture showed up. Maybe Marty and Doc changing history did that.

:p

13. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    you know they filmed at a real train rail in northeast England near the Nazi castle they filmed on the beach? Mission Impossible filmed on the train line as well! supposedly its where Harrison got hurt...

AndyLGR likes this.
  14. christophero30

May 18, 2017
    So is Ford filming again?

15. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    supposedly this week.

GunganSlayer and christophero30 like this.
  16. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    I don't get this? Its spiking in red states where there not taking the virus seriously In Blue states most are vaccinated and in Liberal Europe most are vaccinated. If your vaccinated you have a 99.9% chance of not getting seriously sick or hospital stay or dying from COVID, so you have a 95.9% chance of surviving COVID If your vaccinated! Your more likely to get struck by lightning and die then die of COVID if your vaccinated.

The Sun Is Claiming Harrison is back and filming and The Daily Mail claims that as well,
    https://www.the-sun.com/entertainment/tv/3618472/harrison-ford-back-filming-indiana-jones-5/

Last edited: Sep 7, 2021
  17. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I don't think they want to go through the money (advertising and other tie-ins mostly) to release a film piecemeal. For example, if they released and then a country like the UK or ones on mainland Europe went back into lockdown that's the cinemas closed right there (possibly excluding outdoor ones). If social distancing came back in then cinemas could only have about 1/4 of their audiences and it might not be worth it to open for that few people.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2021
  18. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    With everyone vaccinated I doubt most places go back into lockdown just look at Shang-Chis box office 90 million!

19. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Unfortunately not everyone is vaccinated - look at the anti-vaxxers, for example. If places like cinemas demand proof of vaccination to enter that might encourage the holdouts to get the jab. However then you get into the question of people's civil liberties if they cannot get jabbed for health reasons.

christophero30 and Jar-Jar Binks like this.
  20. christophero30

May 18, 2017
    They just released weekly stats for my county and 39 people were hospitalized for Covid and 35 were not vaccinated. That's low but 99.9% is not accurate.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2021
  21. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    It is accurate in America for vaccinated people.
    here is a CNN Article,
    https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/31/heal...breakthrough-hospitalization-death/index.html

Last edited: Sep 9, 2021
  22. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Vaccination does help a lot though. And if you want to be extra safe masks will help a lot

23. christophero30

May 18, 2017
    Of course. I'm vaccinated.

24. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Didn’t doubt it.

25. GunganSlayer

GunganSlayer Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    Let's all hope most places can get this mess all under control by Indy V's summer release next year, particularly in the United States. I don't think we need to worry about a possible release delay quite yet--we'll probably have a better idea of how things stand once the winter passes.

Good to hear reports of Ford filming again. Hopefully we can get better insight soon (Hello, Lucasfilm! Let's get a couple of official stills, please :) )