main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Infinite Possibilities (L/M romance, completed)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Gabri_Jade, Jan 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! That was so sweet and romantic! :)

2. Rivad_Bacar

Rivad_Bacar Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 7, 2002
    Hehehe!!! "Love is in the air!" [face_love]

That was wonderful Gabri! Well worth the wait , but I hate to see it end!

Rivad releases wild plot bunnies to attack Gabri so she will continue her excellent writing! [face_devil]

Keep up the good Luke and Mara writing! :D

3. astrowoman

astrowoman Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 11, 2002
    As Tony the Tiger would say, "Grrrrrrrrrreat!" :D :D :D

Mara's reluctance was so . . . her.

I really liked Luke's answer that he's killed more people than she ever had. I didn't see that coming. He can think fast on his feet!

And the way Mara gave in, lovely. :)

Lukie is pretty smart to realize that she's only pretending she doesn't care.

I was wondering if they were going to say those three little words. But I guess it's too soon. How's that for a plot bunny? Perhaps a one-post viggie sequel, set some time in the future?

Anyway, I've loved this story, Gabri. If you are considering creating a PM list for your readers, to notify us the next time you start a story *hint hint* count me in!

Astro

4. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    My goodness Gabri!!!!!

\This is spectacular!!

;) will there be a sequel???

huh?

Please? ::puppy dog eyes:::

5. Jaded Skywalker

Jaded Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 1999
    "I don't think you're going soft," Luke murmured quietly. "Still as scary as ever, believe me."

Gabri! OMG, that was the cutest ending! The anguish, the love- wonderful.

This is an awesome fic! Wonderful!

Great job Gabri!

6. crystalrain

crystalrain Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    Nice ending :D

7. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Great ending. Luke can read her like a book. :)
    Hope to read more from you soon.

I'll check out that little viggie soon. :)

8. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Like I said about your viggie - wonderful!

I really liked how you wrote this, Gabri. You had a storyline and you stuck to it. The story never wandered, and Luke and Mara's characterizations were always spot on. I liked how you developed their relationship so carefully - it really made you just want to sink into the story. Escapism at its best, is what this is. :)

Let me repeat myself - wonderful. :D

9. inez_the_swampgirl

inez_the_swampgirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2002
    *Inez bows to your superior L/L interaction*

I'm sending my hoarde of sequel plotbunnies your way, Gabri. SEQUEL! I say!

inez

10. Rima

Rima Jedi Youngling

Aug 26, 2002
    I can't quote just one section- there's so much I like about this post! Great job!

(oh, and thanks for the refernce that Mara's a Coruscant city girl. I think that most writers forget that. -ie- during the NJO they go on and on about the fear of Luke's homeplanet getting overrun by Vong- but do they mention Mara's feelings about Coruscant being captured? No.)

11. Rima

Rima Jedi Youngling

Aug 26, 2002
    Is that the end? awww.... :(

12. ChinchillaFairy

ChinchillaFairy Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 2, 2002
    A brillant ending for a brillant story!

13. Miska

Miska Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 18, 2002
    Great story, and beautiful ending!!!!!!! How cute!!! Keep up the good work!!!

14. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    A wonderful ending to a wonderful story. :)

~~Jilly

15. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002
    Gabri_Jade:

Brava! Brava! Brava!

LP throws bouquets of flowers to author on completion of such a wonderful satisfying story. (Basket of Doritos and Dr. Pepper to be sent to dressing room later on ;) )

What can I say Gabri_Jade that hasn't already been said before? It was a great story, with brilliant characterization, and lovely, shivery posts. It made me care for L/M more than I've ever done before...it even got me to open up the copies of Specter of the Past and Vision of the Future that have been sitting on my bookshelf for months.

Well, there is one more thing I can say....

SEQUELSEQUELSEQUELSEQUELSEQUELSEQUELSEQUELSEQUEL

Off now to read your viggie...

16. Sash

Sash Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 11, 2003
    Hmm.... I dont know .. part of me refuses to accept that this has come to an end.. but (sigh) I guess theres no avoiding it now (bigger sigh) its over (biggest sigh)...BUT boy was the ride FUN! :D Thanks for all the hours of enjoyment your fic brought. The ride was swell and if you want to try your hand at another ... just tell us and we'll join u for what would undoubtedly be a ride of a life time :D

17. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Sorry it took me all day to finally get here to read this. (I mean, I'm REALLY sorry, for my sake!). It was wonderful. The palace rooftop is truly the perfect setting for them. And when she leaned back against him, I had the cover of Union flash in my mind.

I remember in one of the novels, Luke quotes a number of how many were killed on the Death Star. We do tend to forget how much that would bother him.

Mara's insecurities over revealing their relationship were so typical of her. And I loved Luke's comeback when she told him to stay out of her mind. It was better than the pro-novels.

One part of me wants to beg for a sequel. Another part thinks you ended it perfectly -- let the readers' imaginations conjure up what happens next. And I didn't even miss the words 'I love you' until astrowoman mentioned it.

Okay, off to check out your vignette next. Congrats on a job well done.

18. DarthKimballDreamer

DarthKimballDreamer Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 7, 2002
    A perfect ending! I can hear the music and everything... [face_love] [face_love]
    Can't wait to check out the vignette!
    Gabri, I loved this story from the moment I stumbled upon it, and I am truly sorry to see it end. I look forward to seeing/reading more of your writing-you have a true gift. I'll reread this story many times, I am sure, because it was just so wonderful.
    CONGRATULATIONS!
    *hugs*
    ~**Kimball**~

19. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    Emmi: Enough with the jumping up and down -- you're making me dizzy! :p I've felt the same way about a number of stories. Can't tell you how flattered I am. And don't worry; you will complete a long story sooner or later, because there's not a chance I'll let you get off without finishing Shades of Green. :D Glad you liked it, dearest.

Jedi_Liz: Thank you! Romantic stories are good, don't you think? ;)

Rivad: More Wayne Newton! :eek:

Rivad releases wild plot bunnies to attack Gabri so she will continue her excellent writing! [face_devil]

(Okay, we have to set the scene here. Picture Luke when Ben was killed, or Obi-Wan himself when Qui-Gon bit the dust.) Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I didn't get my plot bunny innoculations either, darn it! :p Glad you liked it!

Astro: I really liked Luke's answer that he's killed more people than she ever had.

I can't claim any originality for that idea; the concept first hit me while reading another fic. I wish I could remember which it was, but I can't. However, it showed Luke being very upset when it first struck him that he'd actually killed quite a lot of people. That really stayed with me, and I thought it probably would with Mara too.

I was wondering if they were going to say those three little words.

Sometimes those three little words are absolutely indispensible. Other times, they're simply not necessary. ;)

More hints.... *groans* I'm thinking about it, really. Just don't hold your breath; I haven't any new material started at the moment. But if I ever do write a sequel to this, it won't be a vignette -- it'll be at least as long as this one. I like symmetry. :p I wasn't actually considering a PM list, but if you want, I'll let you know. Thank you very much! :)

maramijade: [face_blush] Thank you! Maybe a sequel sometime. The bunnies have to give me a little more detail to work with first.

Jaded: I kind of liked that line myself. :) Thank you so much!

crystalrain: Have I converted you to Luke and Mara fandom yet? ;) *hugs* Thanks for sticking with me even though L/M fics aren't your favorite. I hope you find more you enjoy. :D

RebelMom: *curtsies deeply to the L/M guru of the boards* Thanks, Mom. :D I'm awfully flattered that you liked it. *hugs*

Oba: Oooohh, technical comments! *reads avidly* Thanks, Oba! *hugs* I'm so pleased you think so! :D

Inez: *Inez bows to your superior L/L interaction*

:eek: Superior?! What are you talking about, girl? You write some of the best L/L interaction I've ever read! I still LOVE that "I need a drink" line. :D

And more plot bunnies! :eek: No, Inez -- keep some of them! I want to read more from you too! Thanks, though. :)

Rima: Thank you so much!

oh, and thanks for the refernce that Mara's a Coruscant city girl.

Now I do remember where I got that idea from, so let me give credit where credit is due. I hadn't thought about Mara being a city girl like that until I read Jedi-2B's wonderful story Pendulum. There, Luke would call Mara 'city girl' almost as much as Mara called him 'farmboy'. Being pretty much a city girl myself, it struck home. :)

ChinchillaFairy: [face_blush] Thank you!

Miska: Thanks! Glad you liked it!

JainaDurron: Thank you, Jilly!

LadyPadme: *laughs* I'm always impressed when someone knows which form of the word 'bravo' should be used in which context. I wouldn't know it myself if it weren't for Opera For Dummies. :p
    I have a dressing room?! :eek: Why wasn't I informed earlier? ;)

It made me care for L/M more than I've ever done before...it even got me to open up the copies of Specter of the Past and Vision of the Future that have been sitting on my bookshelf for months.

Wow. Seriously. I'm really impressed that my little story could do that. *hugs

20. The_Hooded_One

The_Hooded_One Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2002
    That was nice! :D

21. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Well, I'm glad you appreciated my whole 2 or 3 comments. :p

*huggies* :D

22. Rivad_Bacar

Rivad_Bacar Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 7, 2002
    Rivad peeks his head in, notices the carnage created by his wild plot bunnies and chuckles evily! [face_devil]

Soon, there will be more fanfiction and romance, soon...

Bwahahahahahaha...Urk, cough, cough cough!!!

(Hate it when a good evil laugh gets inerupted by a coughing fit!) Up so others can find this masterpiece! :D

23. inez_the_swampgirl

inez_the_swampgirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2002
    :eek: :D I still think you had better L/L interaction than me. *pictures self and Gabri arguing... "No you!" "No you!" :p )

Don't worry, I am already working on my next fic, so I have plenty of plotbunnies to spare. [face_devil]

24. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    The_Hooded_One: Thank you so much! :D I'm very glad you liked it. Don't forget to help yourself to brownies. ;)

Oba: Of course I appreciated them! Silly girl. :p

Rivad: When exactly did you develop this evil streak, anyway? ;)

(Hate it when a good evil laugh gets inerupted by a coughing fit!)

Yeah, isn't that just the worst? :p Thanks for the up. :)

Inez: I still think you had better L/L interaction than me.

And I still disagree. So there. :p

*pictures self and Gabri arguing... "No you!" "No you!"

*giggles*
    We probably would, too. :p

You're already working on the next one? :eek: And this would be the addition to the Hand of Thrawn duology you mentioned at the SJRS thread? *bounces a la Elli* Oh, I can't wait! :D :D :D

~Gabri

25. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002

One more up to make it easier for Gabri to snatch 400 on her fic.

Going to bed, Mom...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.