main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Infinite Possibilities (L/M romance, completed)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Gabri_Jade, Jan 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002
    I have to say, Gabri, until I read this I never saw Luke as a romantic hero. Really. I thought, farmboy, kid, serious Jedi. I mean, don't get me wrong, I like our Lukie, but really Handmaiden (and you are going to join up, aren't you? Hint, hint -- I need someone else on the other side of 20 to help me balance things out here...) this is the second post in a row to give me the shivers! When Luke did that massage thing...ooh...

Also, I love the conversation between them. It flows so smoothly, easily and believably, and is still so in character!

Talk about torture! Aaargh...waiting for dance lessons to continue...

Edit: Ooops! I'm so sorry, I didn't realize I grabbed your 100th post!

Here we go:

[hl=pink]Woohoo!! 100th POST!![/hl]

Way to go, girl!

2. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    congrats on 100! :)

3. Sache8

Sache8 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2000
    "Hmm," Mara replied absently, eyes closed. "We'll see how trivial it is when it's your stiff neck."

LOL!!!!! That was the best line! :p

Mmmn... massage = nice. :)

I was also fond of the line about Han being still suspicious of Mara when it came to Luke :p hehe......

4. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade VIP star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    Marawannabe: *shivers* Gah, neck half-mush...

*giggles*
    'neck half-mush'? Certainly the first time I've heard that phrase. Pleased you liked it. :D

Jedi_Liz: Luke's a nice guy, isn't he? ;) Thanks!

astrowoman: Thank you! Yeah, I wouldn't have minded surfing the boards instead of going to work myself. *sighs*

Jedi-2B: Why, thank you!

The only downside to your posts is that they're too short.

Perhaps. If it makes you feel any better, there are at least two rather long posts coming eventually. I just can't figure out how to break up those two scenes without destroying the flow. Guess it'll be a good thing after all.

And I'm still waiting to witness an intimate dance lesson going on.

I'm really intrigued at how everyone's latched on to the dance lesson idea. It'll be interesting to see everyone's reaction to the rest of the story, and just where dancing is and is not used.

The_Hooded_One: If you say so! Thanks! :D

Emmi: Can't have him, darling -- he's Mara's. ;) Thank you again, dearest.

Jaded Skywalker: I tell ya- we should have a game here. Who, Lukie or Mara, spills their heart first. They were both dangerously close!

*grins*
    You got it. And the game will get closer yet. Thanks!

RebelMom: If anyone deserves a massage, you do, Mom. Moms always deserve massages with what the rest of us put them through.

Again with the dancing....

LadyPadme: Mmmm. I've made you see Mara's point of view, and see Luke in a whole new light. My work here is done. ;)

this is the second post in a row to give me the shivers!

My new standard for good writing: Did LP shiver?

Also, I love the conversation between them. It flows so smoothly, easily and believably, and is still so in character!

*Gabri does her sister's Elvis impression*
    Thank you. Thank you very much. (Give me a break; it's late! :p ) I don't mind that you took 100. You celebrated it better than I would have anyway. Besides, *looks at time of post* I wasn't home from work then. Go to it, you party animal, you. :D Oh, and check out my sig. ;)

Jedi_Liz: Thank you! :) Thought it would take me a lot longer to reach it. Thanks, everyone! You're the best. :D

Sache8: *grins* My favorite line too, Sache.

My wonderful sister found an interesting piece of SW news the other day that I thought might interest all of you. Somewhere on the web, she read that the UK's new census had been released, and that when they were asked to name their religion, 390,000 people said Jedi. :D

Please bear in mind that this wasn't an official UK site; and neither she nor I know if this is really true -- but wouldn't it be funny if it were? :p

~Gabri

5. LadyPadme

Sep 26, 2002

EXCELLENT! you have been snagged into the insanity of the court!!!

6. Gabri_Jade

Nov 9, 2002
    Indeed. Our Empress is most persuasive at times...

7. Marawannabe

Marawannabe Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2001
    Now I feel the need to explain... ;)

Neck mush by definition, is any mush involving the neck (kissing, touching that leads to kissing, etc.) and sometimes I can't handle it... *ahem*

So.... half neck-mush would be the massage... Don't be surprised if neck much pops up again for me... it's just a fetish ;)

8. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    I'm really intrigued at how everyone's latched on to the dance lesson idea. It'll be interesting to see everyone's reaction to the rest of the story, and just where dancing is and is not used.

Hmmm.... Dancing hand-in-hand, cheek-to-cheek, recognizing each other's 'special scent,' his breath warm on her cheek, her hair soft against his face... Sorry, I have this terrible habit of envisioning future chapters in other people's stories. I'm sure you'll do a great job, however you write a dancing scene.

My wonderful sister found an interesting piece of SW news the other day that I thought might interest all of you. Somewhere on the web, she read that the UK's new census had been released, and that when they were asked to name their religion, 390,000 people said Jedi.
    Please bear in mind that this wasn't an official UK site; and neither she nor I know if this is really true -- but wouldn't it be funny if it were?

Yes, I remember reading about this. I'm not sure of the number of people, but there were alot of Brits who put down 'Jedi.' It made quite a hassle for the government.

9. EmilieDarklighter

EmilieDarklighter Jedi Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    *whines* But can't I borrow him for a while? While Mara's not looking? I promise I'll put him back when I'm done! *wink*

*marches off to finish When Courage Fails and start He Made My Bed.*

10. Gabri_Jade

Nov 9, 2002
    Mara: Ah. Now I understand. *grabs story manuscript to see if there's any more neck mush to come*

Jedi-2B: Oh, full-blown mush. Yeah, there'll be some of that. Though I'm quite tempted to do a rewrite adding neck mush just to make Mara there shiver again. ;)

Emmi: My dear, Mara's a fully trained assassin who happens to be Force-sensitive and perpetually armed. I don't think you really want to risk annoying her.

And then when you finish those two, you're off to write Landslide and Shades of Green, right? ;)

11. Marawannabe

Dec 16, 2001
    :p to Gabri... ;)

12. Gabri_Jade

Nov 9, 2002
    :p right back to Mara... ;)

13. Sash

Sash Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 11, 2003

Wow... You write Mara soooo beautifully.... well actually everyone not just Mara.... I can see why everyone is sooo crazy about your writing :D

14. EmilieDarklighter

Jan 19, 2002
    *looks around sheepishly* I've been rather lazy today, I admit. I haven't worked on anything that I meant to work on. When Courage Fails remains incomplete, and He Made My Bed remains unwritten. Tonight was an outline night. I worked out about eight posts worth for Landslide. ;)

*sigh* Can I at least be her apprentice, then? I can learn to be just like her, AND I can look! In the words of the imortal Scoundrel: "Nothin' wrong with lookin'."

*MAJOR SIGH* Mara...can't live with her, can't live without her. ;)

15. Gabri_Jade

Nov 9, 2002
    Sash: Thank you so much! I appreciate it. Hope you enjoy the rest, too. :)

EmilieDarklighter, what am I going to do with you? [face_exasperated] And you were just over at BotR telling Mom what an angel you were... ;)

Next post up momentarily. :)

16. Gabri_Jade

Nov 9, 2002
    Chapter Six

Mara looked at herself in the mirror, smoothing her clothes. Cream colored tunic over black pants, with black boots. Hair in its usual thick braid hanging down her back. Yes, she'd do. And why in all the worlds did she care? It was only Skywalker and his family. Well, she would be out in public, and she was Liaison to the Smuggler's Alliance. She had a reputation to maintain. Hmm. It sounded good, anyway. And Luke didn't have to know that she cared how he saw her.

She caught a familiar presence drawing near. Speak of the Hutt....

Mara opened the door before Skywalker had a chance to knock. He smiled at her, calm as ever. "Evening, Mara. You look very nice."

"Thanks," she said just as calmly, double checking her mental barriers so he wouldn't know how pleased she was at the simple compliment. She didn't know how to explain that one to him yet. Sith, she didn't know how to explain it to herself yet.

"You ready to go?" he asked.

"Of course," she said as she shut the door behind her. "You don't think I got to be a successful assassin and smuggler by being less than punctual, do you?"

Skywalker smiled. "That's how I got to be a successful pilot and Jedi Knight. Reasonably successful, anyway," he amended.

Mara raised an eyebrow as they headed to the speeder bay. "I thought you were a commanding officer in the Rebellion."

"Okay, so I got a little better about punctuality when I was in command of Rogue Squadron. It's still never been one of my strong suits."

"You have a strong suit?" Mara asked, unable to resist. He shot her a wounded look.

When they reached the bay, Skywalker unexpectedly led her to a sleek silver speeder. Mara whistled appreciatively. "This is yours?"

Skywalker grinned and nodded. "That's right; I forgot you hadn't seen it before. You like it?"

Mara circled the speeder. Not one of the newer models, and not flashy at all, but it caught the eye nonetheless. Definitely quality. "It's not an X-wing, but I don't mind being seen in it, I'll tell you that much." She looked up to return the grin. "Skywalker, I didn't know you had it in you."

"Thanks, I think." He held the passenger door open for her and Mara slid gracefully in, trying to ignore the feeling of deja vu that swept over her. The last time anyone had held a door for her, she had been posing as a highborn lady of the Imperial court... "Did your meetings go well?"

With a slight effort, Mara yanked her thoughts back to the present and her eyes back to her companion, now in the pilot's seat and starting the speeder. "As well as can be expected. No one spit on me."

Skywalker laughed. "I doubt it's all that bad."

"I told you from the beginning that this wouldn't be a fun job," Mara pointed out. She noticed that he was quite skillful navigating through Coruscant's hair-raising traffic.

"So you did," he agreed, dodging a careening speeder full of kids, none of whom looked old enough to be at the controls.

"Nice move," she complimented.

"Well, I have flown once or twice before," he said dryly.

"Getting cocky there, Skywalker."

"Bad association'll do that to you." He pulled abruptly out of the flow of traffic and into the speeder bay of a rather high end restaurant. Mara looked up in surprise.

"You didn't tell me we were coming to a place like this! Skywalker, if your sister is in some formal gown and I'm dressed like this --"

"You'll kill me?" he interjected smoothly. Mara reached over and smacked him in the back of the head. He retaliated by slapping her arm with the back of his hand. Her eyes narrowed dangerously, but he caught her wrist before she could connect a second time. "Do you think we could wait until later to start taking potshots at each other? Please?"

"I'm not joking here!"

"Mara, you look great, you really do. I know most women don't believe that men know anything about fashion, but I think I'd know to tell you if it were a formal occasion. For the record, the celebration tomorrow night is formal. Wear a dress."

"One more crack like that

17. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    YES YES YES! A bonus post would be lovely!

Good Post!

Luke has a speeder? Didn't know he was that RICH........ ;)

18. EmilieDarklighter

Jan 19, 2002
    Well, Liz, he might have inherited Daddy's money.

Oh but I AM, an angel, Gabi! I just have a tiny weakness for big blue eyes! Elijah Wood gets to me too, just not as bad as Lukie-dearest does. ;)

"One more crack like that and you'll be otherwise occupied tomorrow night. In a bacta tank."

LOL! I love that! And I can't wait to see what's next! It ought to be great.

BONUS! Yay! *waits patiently* Hey Gabi, I just posted my "He Made My Bed" story!

19. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    So many good parts in this post! We have Mara worrying whether she looks good enough for Luke, then Luke surprising her (and us) with a sleek little speeder. Boys and their toys -- even Luke succumbs. And this was one time that I condoned Mara smacking Luke upside the head. The possibility of being underdressed at a formal occasion is unpardonable.

Another post on Wednesday? What kind of a silly question is that? YES! YES! YES!

20. Marawannabe

Dec 16, 2001
    Ooh Gabri! This post was excellent! I love the banter back and forth. Luke knows Mara better than she thinks he does. *grins* This is great!

*ears perk up* Bonus post?? YES!!!!!!! *sends Gabri hugs, chocolate, and pictures of the male actor of her choice*

21. EmilieDarklighter

Jan 19, 2002
    As long as it's not Viggo, right Mara?

22. LadyPadme

Sep 26, 2002
    Oh, Gabri_Jade, I loved this post! Just loved it! Silly grin while reading, shivers the whole thing!

LP pauses here to bow down to the illustrious Court Astronomer with such literary talents!

This post was great. Usually I think of Luke as taking it, but he gave as good as he got! This passage was just wonderful.

"You didn't tell me we were coming to a place like this! Skywalker, if your sister is in some formal gown and I'm dressed like this --"

"You'll kill me?" he interjected smoothly. Mara reached over and smacked him in the back of the head. He retaliated by slapping her arm with the back of his hand. Her eyes narrowed dangerously, but he caught her wrist before she could connect a second time. "Do you think we could wait until later to start taking potshots at each other? Please?"

"I'm not joking here!"

"Mara, you look great, you really do. I know most women don't believe that men know anything about fashion, but I think I'd know to tell you if it were a formal occasion. For the record, the celebration tomorrow night is formal. Wear a dress."

"One more crack like that and you'll be otherwise occupied tomorrow night. In a bacta tank."

"Anyone ever tell you that you're beautiful when you're angry?" Skywalker must have felt the wrist he was still holding twitch, because he backtracked hastily before Mara could swing at him again. "Okay, I'm sorry, I'm sorry. Can we please call a truce and go have dinner?"

I JUST LOVED IT! :D :D :D :D :D !!!!

Even I, a Han-lover for life could fall for this Luke. (You do realize there is no greater tribute I could give, right?)

Bounces and squeals excitedly over prospect of a Wednesday postie...

Hamsters/kiwi/fish/persimmons/pandas!

Boing...boing...boing...boing...

(Just a note to make a case for sanity--I've been up most of the night with a 3 year-old with gastroenteritis--I've had to do three loads of laundry and throw out the livingroom rug...now taking the day off to make sure my son is better, so I'm not quite sane at this moment--not that I'm usually quite sane at any moment ;) )

23. Marawannabe

Dec 16, 2001
    *hugs Emmi* You know me very well my dear ;)

24. astrowoman

astrowoman Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 11, 2002
    Oh, I loved this!! [face_love]

My fave line:

"Well, I have flown once or twice before."

BRAVO!!

We really need the Wed. bonus post. Some of us had a stressful staff meeting this morning and we need presents to make up for it!

Astro

25. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    the banter just gets better. :) I loved the whole thing. Of course I want a Wednesday post - I'd ask for the completed story too - but that'd be a bit much. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.