main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Infinite Possibilities (L/M romance, completed)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Gabri_Jade, Jan 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EmilieDarklighter

EmilieDarklighter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    Of course I do. ;)

2. DarthKimballDreamer

DarthKimballDreamer Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 7, 2002
    Sorry I'm late Gabri! Missed two great posts there....ohh, both VERY much enjoyed!! The first one, that neck massage was so sweet and innocent, I absolutely loved it! And of course the banter...
    "You, me, Han, Leia." Luke paused teasingly. "Of course, if you'd rather have dinner for two, I'm game." I love it! I just love it!
    Second post...another great scene...
    Skywalker extended his arm to her with equal dignity, his now dancing blue eyes daring her as clearly as words ever could. Again recalling the vanished elegance of the Imperial court within which she'd moved with such ease, Mara raised a disdainful eyebrow and took his arm with practised grace. Skywalker grinned irrepressibly at her, and they entered the restaurant arm in arm.
    *sigh* So simply romantic, I loved it too! Great posts, both! And...did I hear mention of a BONUS post? *sends chocolate instantly* Yes! Post! YAYY!
    ~**Kimball**~

3. The_Hooded_One

The_Hooded_One Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2002
    Nice post!!

4. inez_the_swampgirl

inez_the_swampgirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2002
    Gabri, dear...

I am also in a wonderfully happy mood. If you don't post on Wednesday, it would ruin that. You don't want the guilt, trust me. ;)

*twirls Gabri in joy!*

inez

p.s. Great post. :D Luke is such a gentleman when he's not being obnoxious.

5. ShortySC22

ShortySC22 Jedi Master star 1

Nov 18, 2002
    Great post! ^^ This really made my snowy Jersey day. Is it too soon to ask for more?

6. Sache8

Sache8 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2000
    You don't hear me complaining. ;)

Oooh, Lukie's getting a little more bold, eh? :p

7. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    Jedi_Liz: Thanks! Wait a minute...you have to be rich to own a speeder? Looking at the Coruscant scenes in AotC, I got the impression that they were like cars. After all, they were practically omnipresent. Well, now I'm confused. It's not nice to confuse someone at this hour, Liz. :p

Emmi: he might have inherited Daddy's money.

You know, I've actually read a few fanfics where he does. SW equivalent of secret Swiss bank accounts found years later, usually. Reasonably plausible plot device. [face_thoughtful] Thank you, dearest! Saw your story. Nice job. :)

Jedi-2B: Thank you!

Boys and their toys -- even Luke succumbs.

*grins*
    True enough. Luke's first love was piloting. I can't imagine he'd not have a speeder. The pilot who blew up the first Death Star, relying on public transportation? Just can't see it...

The possibility of being underdressed at a formal occasion is unpardonable.

I agree wholeheartedly. Of course, I think Luke's smart mouth contributed to her ire. Mara doesn't like to be mocked. ;)

Mara: Luke knows Mara better than she thinks he does.

That's a certainty. (I just had this weird urge to say "Fact", a la Tenel Ka; and I've never even read anything about her outside of the NJO. My brain is starting to drift, I think.) She'll figure that out eventually.

*sends Gabri hugs, chocolate, and pictures of the male actor of her choice*

Feeling a tad exuberant, are we? ;) Um, what about that lead male dancer who took over Riverdance when Michael Flatley left (good riddance)? I can't remember his name. Colin something, I think. Good looking, and he dances too! :D

LadyPadme: Silly grin and shivers? Yes! I have been successful! :D *curtsies to the lovely and talented Court Physician* I thank you. :)

Usually I think of Luke as taking it, but he gave as good as he got!

Oh, LP, you've been underestimating our Luke. Do you really think a vibrant, capable, independent woman like Mara would fall for Luke if he really was the passive, do-nothing Jedi so many seem to believe? That impulsive, spontaneous farmboy/fighter pilot is still in there somewhere. He's just matured a little. Happens to the best of us. ;)

Even I, a Han-lover for life could fall for this Luke. (You do realize there is no greater tribute I could give, right?)

I do, I truly do. Many heartfelt thanks. :)

You poor, poor thing. I don't have children myself (unless you count my cats, who are pampered as though they were my children), but my brother is only 9, and my sister's kids are 2 and 1. I'm pretty familiar with this scenario. I hope he's better very soon, for both your sakes.

astrowoman: Thank you! :)

Some of us had a stressful staff meeting this morning and we need presents to make up for it!

I can relate. Saturday was interesting at my job. Busy and understaffed. Looked at the clock and nearly keeled over when I realized that four hours had passed in a heartbeat. Whatever doesn't kill us can only make us stronger, right? *dodges tomatoes thrown by Astro*

RebelMom: Thanks! :D Oh, but not the whole story just yet, Mommy! Allow a new author her fun and let me draw it out just a bit more. ;)

Kimball: That's okay, Kimball. You can be as late as you like. :) Glad you enjoyed them; and thanks for the chocolate! :D

The_Hooded_One: Thanks! :D

Inez: You know I'd never ruin your happy mood, Inez. *sways dizzily*

Luke is such a gentleman when he's not being obnoxious.

When he's not being ob- .... when he's not... Well! ;) Of course, Mara'd probably agree with you. BTW, is that an evil Threepio on your icon, or a Groucho Marx one? I don't recall Threepio having bushy eyebrows, somehow.

ShortySC22: This really made my snowy Jersey day.

Thank you -- but snow? *shudders* You have my utmost sympathies. I've spent most of my life in e

8. The_Hooded_One

May 29, 2002
    Cool, sweets are good but post are better!!!!!!

9. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    Wonderful Post!!!

I can just see this happening I love the banter between the two!! Reminds me soo much of My Boyfreind's car interaction. . . . Remind me I really need to stop smacking him on the back of the head while driving. . . but then again, he needs to stop making overly suggestive comments then too. . . . ;)

can't wait for more!!!

10. EmilieDarklighter

Jan 19, 2002
    Yes, I can see where smacking him in the back of the head while driving might cause some problems...;)

Just SO YOU KNOW, Gabi, I am right now, at this very minute, for real this time, going to write on Landslide. Right now. As in, as soon as I hit the post button. *grin*

Love ya!

-Emmi

11. inez_the_swampgirl

Apr 14, 2002
    <--- Evil 3PO

(notice evil slant to the eyebrows and lack of Marx mustache, besides, that's how it was labeled in the icon list. :p )

*Inez reads Emmie's last post and faints*

12. EmilieDarklighter

Jan 19, 2002
    I updated Landslide, Gabi!

-Emmi

13. Sash

Sash Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 11, 2003
    A bonus post?? You just spoke the magic words !!! :D And wow.. a cocky luke... interesting ;)

14. Gabri_Jade

Nov 9, 2002
    The_Hooded_One: Posts are better than chocolate? Are you sure you're feeling all right? ;) Thank you, though. :)

maramijade: *laughs* I can see how you might want to smack him under the circumstances, but maybe you should wait until a red light. Very glad you liked it. More tomorrow. :)

Emmi: About darn time. ;)

Inez: He is missing the mustache, isn't he? An evil Threepio is thought provoking, to say the least. *fans Inez and waves smelling salts around*

Emmi: Saw it -- great job! Next assignment: Luke's POV on Mara's crisis over at SoG. :p

Sash: I like Luke when he's cocky. Plus, I think at this point in his life, he really only acts cocky around people he's very comfortable with (Leia, Han, Chewie, Wedge, etc.), which bodes well for his and Mara's potential relationship, wouldn't you say? ;)

I think I'll just dash off to proofread the next chapter now. *Gabri ties string around her finger to remind her to post tomorrow*

15. EmilieDarklighter

Jan 19, 2002
    Post tomorrow, post tomorrow!

*heads over to SoG to refresh my memory*

You know, sometimes all these storylines get mixed up in my head.

*salutes* Yes, ma'am. ;)

16. The_Hooded_One

May 29, 2002
    Post today!

17. Marawannabe

Marawannabe Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2001
    It's Wednesday... :D Ooh, you know? That's a fun word to spell ;)

18. Sash

Sash Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 11, 2003
    Its nearly 11 in the night here... and I have an awful cold/headache/fever and I'm almost falling asleep and the only thing keeping me away from that bed which is growing more appealing by the minute is the fact that its wednesday and we were promised a bonus post!!! :D
    So how about we hurry up.. I'm seriously dying here...
    pretty please?

19. Gabri_Jade

Nov 9, 2002
    Reminders! :D Good idea, guys. Sash, you really should go to bed. But if you're still up.....

~*~*~*~*~*~

Chapter Seven

Luke caught sight of the other two well before he and Mara reached their table. He saw first Leia, then Han glance their way, and caught their surprise -- presumably at the arm in arm posture he and Mara still affected. Mara caught it too, if her unspoken flash of defiance was any indication. He stifled a chuckle. Leia was his sister, Han his best friend; but when he was around them with Mara, he always felt as though the two of them were co-conspirators. Mara apparently picked up on his amusement as well, for her hand squeezed his arm briefly as if in agreement. He could sense her back straightening yet further even as his own did, and they approached the table regally.

As usual, Khabarakh appeared from nowhere to bow before Luke just before the two of them were close enough to speak to the table's occupants. "I greet you, son of Vader," Khabarakh said from his kneeling, splayed-hand position. "And you as well, Mara clan Jade. I offer my protection while you are in the company of the Lady Vader."

"We are honored by your service, Khabarakh clan Kihm'bar," Luke said, as Mara inclined her head as a queen might to a loyal guard. Khabarakh slipped silently off to an inconspicuous spot to stand guard while Luke held out an empty chair for Mara. Up to this time, he had only seen occasional glimmers of her Imperial court-trained manners, and he was enjoying the performance.

Mara didn't disappoint. She seated herself with a royal bearing that rivaled Leia herself and nodded serenely at the table's other two occupants. Leia matched the gesture, giving Mara the calm smile Luke had seen a thousand times before at countless diplomatic functions -- but there was real warmth behind it for all that.

"Mara," Leia greeted her pleasantly. "I'm so glad you could join us tonight. I hope your business today went well?"

"Quite well, thank you, Councilor," Mara responded politely, lifting the water goblet that rested by her plate.

"Mara!" Leia frowned with mock reproach. "We've had this conversation before. It's Leia."

Out of the corner of his eye, Luke saw Mara's almost imperceptible wince, hidden from Han and Leia's gaze by her raised goblet. "Of course, Leia. I appreciate your including me tonight."

"Any time, Mara clan Jade," Han drawled.

"Shut up, Han clan Solo," Mara answered unhesitatingly.

Luke laughed, then composed himself as both Han and Mara turned to stare at him. "What?"

Leia shook her head benignly over them all. "Let's all try to act like grownups tonight, shall we?"

"You and I might possibly achieve that, Leia," Mara said acidly, "but I don't know about these two."

"I've been saying something similar for years," Leia said with a smile. "But they have their moments."

"Usually inspired by one or both of you," Luke said. Mara raised an eyebrow at him, but he ignored it. Let her make of it what she would. Their server approached the table, and the conversation paused while orders were placed. The rest of the evening passed pleasantly enough, and Luke could sense Mara relaxing somewhat throughout.

That is, until dessert.

Luke glanced up at his sister a split second before she actually cleared her throat, his attention drawn by her sudden surge of anticipation. "There was something specific I wanted to discuss with you two tonight," she addressed Luke and Mara.

Mara focused sharply on Leia, instantly radiating apprehension and wary alertness. The question of whether that ability to click immediately into combat mode came from her sensitivity to the Force or her latent assassin's instincts fascinated Luke. She did have an incredibly potent danger sense; stronger than his own, in fact -- which begged the secondary question of what exactly was triggering that danger sense now. Curious and wary, Luke focused intently on Leia as well. "And that would be?" Mara prompted cautiously.

"A subject has come up among certain council members late

20. astrowoman

astrowoman Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 11, 2002
    Great chapter, Gabri. I really like Luke's litte outburst. So revealing, even to a non-Force sensitive like me! :)

My favorite line:

"We're waiting, Leia," Luke said, with an edge in his voice that had very rarely been directed at his twin.

I guess this is my favorite because it shows that Luke thinks of himself and Mara as "we" now, instead of himself and his sister. Hehehe, I like it. [face_love]

thanks for the extra postie!

Astro

21. inez_the_swampgirl

Apr 14, 2002
    YAY!!! A postie! Great Gabri! :p

I could just picture Mara patting Luke on the head..."that's a good boy" :D

inez

22. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Woohoo! I knew, since it's Wednesday, that if I kept watching this thread that the promised update would appear.

"Any time, Mara clan Jade," Han drawled.

"Shut up, Han clan Solo," Mara answered unhesitatingly.

I always like Han and Mara bantering. They have a lot in common, including being the outsiders around the Skywalker twins.

You had me worried for a minute there, about the war crimes. I'll admit I was hoping this wouldn't dissolve into a story of Mara having a trial, and Luke having to rescue her. I did like Luke's burst of outrage at the very idea of the accusations. Very 'over-protective Luke-like.'

Mara mechanically took the datapad and simply stared at it. Luke recovered from the surprise first, and at his wordless Force nudge, Mara glanced over at him, then turned the datapad on so they could study it together.

To me, this part stated simply and beautifully how much Luke and Mara are already a 'couple,' even if they would both deny it aloud. Even though the pardon really only affects Mara, she willingly shares the first reading with Luke.

Just in case you ask, I vote for posts every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

23. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    good post

I should do something like an official pardon in my story.......but I won't steal that idea. ;) :p That was a great addition!

Can't wait for Friday! ;)

24. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Wonderful post. :)

~~Jilly

25. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    I love how Mara keeps throwing his teachings back in his face. :D sooo something I would do ;)
    I'm glad she's out of the woods politically and that Leia is ok with her. I think Han and Leia know more than their letting on, I think they would know before Luke and Mara would, or admit. . . ;)

I'm interested in knowing how the dance goes. . . :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.