main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Injustice Series (IJ: Gods Among Us and IJ 2)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ahsoka's Tano, Jun 2, 2016.

1. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014

I assume if they don't have it available already, there will be a DLC skin that features her outfit for the movie.

heels1785 likes this.
  2. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    It's actually available now, but you have to earn it through the multiverse challenges. I got the boots on Thursday, but haven't gotten anything else.

I imagine it'll be added as epic gear to diamond boxes and/or purchaseable.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  3. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

Are those challenges hard? I remember the Star Labs missions from the original game and didn't really get very far. But I only played it infrequently because it was kind of frustrating.

4. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    They vary in difficulty - generally there are 2 mid level challenges and 2-3 tough ones, and the rotate out every few hours.

5. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

And that's the only way to get extra gear/skins for your characters?

6. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Oh no. You get gear primarily in motherboxes, which you can get for doing all kinds of stuff. You also get gear randomly sometimes for winning matches, and you get it by completing chapters of the story.

Lots - LOTS of gear you'll acquire. I haven't even played online, and I've got 300+ pieces, I think. 50+ epic, 100+ rare. You'll get lots of chances.

7. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Screenshot has leaked, featuring silouhettes of the DLC:

[​IMG]

Looks like:
    1. Red Hood
    2. Starfire
    3. Sub-Zero
    4. Black Manta
    5. Ray Palmer/The Atom
    6. Raiden

The other two are hard to guess. Some names like John Constantine, Spawn, Martian Manhunter, Rorschach, Azrael, and Enchantress are being tossed around.

8. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Next round of DLC has leaked. Two were expected, one was a surprise.

Raiden
    Black Manta
    Hellboy

9. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

Hellboy is the only one of those that I'd get excited about.

heels1785 likes this.
  10. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I know this is an old thread but does anyone still play the game? The new Legendary Edition update was recently released, and part of it includes an increase in the level cap to 30. Just the other day I managed to get some Legendary gear for Supergirl; and one of the attributes was a boost in character XP. But the problem was that the gear itself was already AT LEVEL 30; meaning I wouldn't be able to use it until she reached that level. Unless they have an idea that there will be another level jump, isn't character XP boost pointless at the level cap?

heels1785 likes this.
  11. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Sure, I still play pretty regularly. Haven't made a ton of progress in getting Kara leveled, but I've got her, Enchantress, Batman, Kal, and Diana at 20.

Pretty incredible Batman epic gear announced by Ed Boon last night:

I think another level boost is probable - it's been less than a year since release, and they've already released the equivalent of "MKXL." With the next MK likely at least a year away, they need to keep the player base in IJ2 active.

12. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I'm working on getting Supergirl up to the 30 cap; at the moment she's at 26. I'l probably work on Harley next. She was actually the first character that reached the former max level 20 for me. Then Supergirl, then Wonder Woman. With Wonder Woman, I nabbed all the movie gear.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
    heels1785 likes this.
  13. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    I plan on getting the Legendary Edition of this game when it gets down to a comfortable price and treating it as the modern successor to Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Tournament Fighters. Chrome Dome will be missed.

14. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Went back and finished the alternate ending to the story for IJ2 tonight. Really disturbing, as I knew it would be.

While this game has been criticized as not being a "pure" fighting entry like Street Fighter and Tekken, I really think it set a standard for story modes that really pushes the genre a bit. Tekken has been the only fighting franchise that bothered with a halfway decent story, recently. Was disappointing to see DBFZ opt against one, and SF5's halfway after-the-fact entry basically doesn't count.

15. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    So I just picked up this game finally. Found it on Amazon for $19 for the Legendary Edition, complete with all DLC. I just finished story mode and was impressed. The facial animations have come a long way. Some of those expressions were amazing. The game itself is pretty fun, and the story is intriguing. But I wish that the story added a little more depth, or a little more...more story, I guess. It seems so close to being great (and, yes, I know this is already leagues beyond most other fighting game stories). The game plays out like an engrossing storyline within the old DCAU, which already puts it ahead of most DC films of late.

I haven't tried out most of the characters beyond the story mode selection yet, but I have done Multiverse with the TMNT. Wow, those Turtles are incredible. I love the 90's film look, too. The Turtles were definitely done justice here.

16. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    The only DLC characters I've purchased for Inj 2 were Starfire and Enchantress. I guess if I had waited I could've gotten the complete game for a good price; which is what I did for the original Inj game. I haven't played the game in awhile. I'm not good enough at all to play against live opponents; I just play to level up some of my favorite heroes with special gear. Needless to say, Harley is and will forever be my main in the series. If there's a tough Multiverse opponent, I'll always choose her if I can.

Ezio Skywalker likes this.
  17. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013
    I've been holding out on buying this because I refuse to spend $60 on a fighter. I came very close to buying the new Mortal Kombat, though, but then decided that I would just keep looking for IJ2 to go on sale. My patience was rewarded. I'm 2 years late to the party, but I don't mind. I'm very happy with the price and content I got.

I hardly play fighters online anymore as well, so dropping full price on one seemed silly to me. I actually played the new Mortal Kombat at my friend's house a couple weeks ago over Xbox Live and was surprised to find that onilne gamers are still douchey enough to "teabag" opponents.

I don't mind challenging opponents, but playing against Scorpion over and over and over again gets tiring.

18. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Any MK player who just resorts to teabagging as opposed to Fatalities just shows off their skill level. A five year old could mash buttons, win an online match, and then keep hitting the crouch button over and over again. I have MK X; and I haven't even bothered playing online. I know I'm not that good. Street Fighter V is the only game I'm comfortable enough to play online. But even that is limited to a few matches before I move on to something else. And if it wasn't for Cammy, I wouldn't have bought the game at all.

19. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013
    I used to play Killer Instinct over Xbox Live like an addict. But I never "teabagged." I was fairly decent at that game as well, though I did have to deal with a share of poor losers and even poorer winners. Just annoying. Play the game because it's fun, not because you need to flaunt or protect your precious ego.

20. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    The only time I could ever recall teabagging is in Overwatch. If there's a hero on the other team who consistently dishes out the teabags at my team immediately on each and every kill, he should know what's coming when he gets killed.

21. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013
    Hahaha that's fair.