main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Insatiable - (Luke/Mara, angst) Complete! Epilogue posted 12 May

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JadeLotus, Nov 26, 2005.

1. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Your Muse killed Talon! Oh the angst that will come from that.
    Mara was already in a fragile state and this will make it worse.

2. -Erela-

-Erela- Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 9, 2004
    No!!!

I just read everything you've posted for this story and am thorougly enjoying it... or was until you KILLED TALON!!! Arg!

Oh well. Muses will do as they wish, I suppose. Looking forward to more...

3. MirandaFair

MirandaFair Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2005
    Please, say it isn't so?! :eek:

And...the guilt sets in. Very disturbing chapter. I mean that in the best of ways, JL. You captured so many moments and as always, I love where you're going with Mara. Although a dark path, it is.

In the small hours of the morning her anger finally cooled, leaving only a sad regret and disappointment.

The build up to Mara being tempted by the spice and ending with her discovery of Karrde...A wicked chapter. [face_devil] lol

4. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    While I hate the fact Talon is dead... SWEET!!!

Mara is so going to lose it now!!

5. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    Damn!Poor Talon! Poor Mara! [face_worried]

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Woo. What a roller coaster ride that was. First I thought Mara was going to be assaulted sexually by those thugs, then I was relieved she wasn't, and then I was horrified that they might force Spice on her, then thrilled she was rescued in time from that devastating event. But now: with Talon gone, and their last conversation being so full of anger that cannot be now resolved and forgiven--wow. :eek: [face_worried] That was an evil cliffie worthy of RedGold. Breathlessly waiting the next installment.

7. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    Arrrggghhh!!! I read this last night and was about to reply when my internet cable went out.[face_frustrated]

Wonderful Chapter... except for the part where you killed Talon!!:mad: Maybe he is not dead. Maybe he is really, really tired and is sleeping with his eyes open.[face_worried]

Hmmm... maybe Mara will enlist the help of a certain sexy farmboy-turned-jedi to helped track down Talon's killers.

This is a really great story. I look forward to reading more of it.

AG88

8. ThePariah

ThePariah Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2003
    Gaaaaaahhh!!! [Vader]NOOOOOOOOOOO[/Vader] :_|

I totally didn't see this coming. Is your muse teh Grinch or what?? [face_worried]

Well, this is going to Mustafar in a handbasket real fast...

9. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Oh. No. You. Did-UN'T!!!! :eek:

:_|

I hope the killers have made peace with whatever god they believe in, cuz Mara Jade's gonna go Emperor's Hand on them now. That's my guess, anyway. [face_blush]

OT: Duuuuude....you made Dunc de-lurk in a story. Whoa. :cool:

;)

10. Jetta

Jetta Jedi Youngling star 1

May 30, 2001
    I've just caught up on this fascinating story. Thought I'd stop in and give you a round of applause for taking on such a dark and intense fic.=D= Brave -- oh so brave! Eagerly waiting for more.

Are you sending out PMs? Sign me up, if so. ;)

11. tasujad

tasujad Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 16, 2005
    Here comes payback [face_dancing]
    and it's gonna be sweeeet o_O
    espesially when it's served in cold.

Hope that it's gonna be final push to Mara to stay clean from spice.

12. Anakins_Force

Anakins_Force Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2005
    Oh, poor Mara! She just lost the only person she cared about, and right when she was so angry at him too. I hope she doesn't use the spice again to take care of the pain.

That was an evil update right here for the holidays. :) But I enjoyed it--amazing job as usual!

13. StarFighter5

StarFighter5 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    I haven't been around the JC for a while, and I was lucky to find this story. However, it was very evil of you to end the last chapter the way you did.

14. Kinderriegel

Kinderriegel Jedi Master star 1

Dec 18, 2005
    Hi :)

This is a great story. It has an exciting plot, complex characters and great interaction. In the beginning I couldn't see Mara as a drugaddict, but the way you developed her character it seems plausible. I'd love to read more of this. Thank's for writing such a great story.

15. Jedi_Anais

Jedi_Anais Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 19, 2005
    :eek:

You...killed... Karrde... :eek:

And while I am properly upset about this, this little in the back of my mind is screaming "Ooh... The ANGST!!!"

[face_dancing]

16. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    Dunc T'racen - Hi :)
    Now that's just cruel!
    I know...cruel but necessary ;)

ginchy - Hehe. A little upset, are we? And even after a warned you there was going to be a twist! :D[:D]
    Luke is the ONLY one who can reach her now...but I'm sure that'll take plenty of time, and a lot of angst!
    Yep, but whether or not he's up to the challenge is another matter, and if Mara decides to confide in him...

RebelMom - Your Muse killed Talon!
    She enjoyed it, too, the evil little thing.
    Oh the angst that will come from that.
    It's going to be a bumpy, angsty ride...

-Erela- - I just read everything you've posted for this story and am thorougly enjoying it... or was until you KILLED TALON!!! Arg!
    I hope that doesn't put you off...its wonderful to have you reading! Poor Talon, he's become a plot device...

MirandaFair - You captured so many moments and as always, I love where you're going with Mara. Although a dark path, it is.
    Thank you :) It will take all of Mara's strength to let go of her anger and grief and save herself. That is, if she even wants to...

RedGold - While I hate the fact Talon is dead... SWEET!!!
    :D Trust you to find pleasure in the angsty potential...and I mean that in the nicest possible way, Red [:D]

Golden_Jedi - Damn!Poor Talon! Poor Mara!
    I know... [face_worried]

Jade_eyes - Thank you [:D]
    First I thought Mara was going to be assaulted sexually by those thugs, then I was relieved she wasn't, and then I was horrified that they might force Spice on her, then thrilled she was rescued in time from that devastating event.
    :) I was hoping to pull off some misdirection and then hit you all with the 'real' twist.
    That was an evil cliffie worthy of RedGold.
    [face_blush] I am merely an acolyte at shrine of RG's Evil Cliffies (tm)

academygrad88 - Thanks!
    Wonderful Chapter... except for the part where you killed Talon!! Maybe he is not dead. Maybe he is really, really tired and is sleeping with his eyes open.
    :D Yes...and maybe that's just ketchup all over him...its possible!
    Hmmm... maybe Mara will enlist the help of a certain sexy farmboy-turned-jedi to helped track down Talon's killers.
    But would the Farmboy willingly go along, perhaps fearing that Mara would lose control and kill them? [face_thinking]

ThePariah - I totally didn't see this coming. Is your muse teh Grinch or what??
    Well, she's not green and furry but I wouldn't put it past her to try and steal Christmas! :D Thanks for the reply.

Jedi Trace - I hope the killers have made peace with whatever god they believe in, cuz Mara Jade's gonna go Emperor's Hand on them now.
    I think its safe to say that they're getting more than they bargained for in Mara Jade ;)
    OT: Duuuuude....you made Dunc de-lurk in a story. Whoa.
    I know! I feel very privileged :D

Jetta - Thought I'd stop in and give you a round of applause for taking on such a dark and intense fic
    Thank you :) It seems all i'm writing is darkness and angst these days, but what can you do? ;)
    Are you sending out PMs? Sign me up, if so.
    No worries.

tasujad - Here comes payback and it's gonna be sweeeet espesially when it's served in cold.
    Oh yeah...Thanks for reading!

Anakins_Force - Thank you :)
    Oh, poor Mara! She just lost the only person she cared about, and right when she was so angry at him too.
    It's the worst thing that could of happened to her, I think. Not being able to make peace with him.
    That was an evil update right here for the holidays.
    I know...bad timing, wasn't it?

StarFighter5 - I haven't been around the JC for a while, and I was lucky to find this story.
    Thank you and welcome back! :)
    However, it was very evil of you to end the last chapter the way you d

17. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005

Chapter 5

She was smiling ? if it could be called that. Her lips were upturned ever so slightly, and lights danced in her eyes. Perhaps it was just the reflection from the fireplace, but to Luke it seemed to complement the happiness that was evident on her face.

He hadn?t said anything especially witty, or clever. He hadn?t made any declaration of affection, nor praised her beauty, or charm or poise, despite pondering over those things in detail. He was just there, and she was smiling.

?What are you thinking?? He asked, shattering the silence.

She didn?t look at him, but her eyes lowered, hiding their colour and expressiveness from him. ?Don?t ask.? He tone was lacked its usual venom. In any other case she would have shown anger, would have unleased on him her sharp tone and full viciousness of her word for such an invasive question. A breach on her sanctity. But she was quiet, so Luke knew something was wrong. It was a warning, one in which he had no intention of even considering.

?Mara.? He reached out and gingerly took her into his arms, expecting a resistance that did not come. She allowed herself to be taken, to be held, though her body was stiff and her skin cold. ?Don?t shut me out.?

She shifted in his embrace, but made no move to throw him off. ?What makes you think you have the right to know everything about me?? Again there was no fire behind her words, only a sad resignation and tiredness.

?You know why.? Gently, he kissed the corner of her mouth.

The half-smile returned. She shifted again, this time to face him, her eyes deep with an unspoken pain. ?You shouldn?t risk your heart with me, Luke. It?s dangerous.?

?Haven?t you heard?? He grinned at her, his arms tightening. ?I?m reckless.?

Her smile fortified and finally, she wound her hands around him, fingers stroking the nape of his neck, the way he loved. Acceptance and fervour flowed through her Force sense and into his, and he immediately forgot her earlier melancholy, the warning she had given him. Mind wiped clean of everything except the sight of her lips parting, of her eyes closing in anticipation, he leaned in to kiss her.

But Mara suddenly pulled away, her face contorted in agony. She scrambled away quickly, falling heavily onto the floor in her haste. He leapt after her, trying to regain his hold on her, but she screamed in pain, as if his touch burnt her. His senses swarmed and contracted, as if all oxygen had been sucked from the room, imprisoning them in a vacuum. He couldn?t breathe, couldn?t move, or speak. He couldn?t even touch her, for it only intensified her pain and her screams shattered his very being...

Luke awoke with his lungs gasping for air. He gulped it in ? feeling as if he had been drowning. As blood resumed pumping through his veins, Luke sat up slowly in his bed, realising that his skin and sheets were soaked through with sweat.

It had been some dream. Or perhaps a message from the Force? It hadn?t been the first time he?d dreamed of Mara and himself in a romantic situation, but that had certainly never happened before.

Luke breathed deeply, calming himself. He was one with the Force, with the very air and matter of his bedroom and apartment, with the lights and sounds of the city outside. He reached out, extending his senses beyond the stars and systems, searching for a reason behind this disturbance, searching for Mara.

Her sense blared brightly, flickering with and intense fury. Or a moment Luke recoiled, stunned by the ferocity and power of her presence. While Mara?s strength in the Force was great, it was still volatile and unrefined, difficult to pinpoint or properly capture, even at a short distance. He had never felt anything so powerful or clear from her, especially when she was halfway across the galaxy.

Whatever had happened to Mara, it had caused an unfathomable rift inside her, a break from her very soul. Her new Force sense pulsated rhythmically, purposefully at such a rate and st

18. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Oh, my, JL! You just know Mara so well. I always imagine her the way you write her--so gritty and real.

She would not falter, or show weakness or frailty in the face of her responsibility. Mara Jade never shirked from a duty, no matter how distasteful, or damaging.

She always succeeded.

I'm very scared for our gal. I don't know if she can handle this at all. She's so very strong, but there is a limit to what anyone can take.

And...I don't know if Luke is going to make it better, or worse. His dream...wow. I just hope he can help her, but I'm afraid she'll seriously blow him off.

So many questions...! Great update! =D=

19. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    Great update. I sure wouldn't want to be on Mara's bad side. Let's just hope this doesn't drive her to the darkside.

And Luke is dreaming of Mara. LOL.

It hadn?t been the first time he?d dreamed of Mara and himself in a romantic situation, but that had certainly never happened before.

Hmmm... I wonder what happened instead in his other dreams? [face_thinking]

;)

I really look forward to the next chapter.

AG88

20. MirandaFair

MirandaFair Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2005
    I'm still sitting on the edge of my seat. :eek:

To open with Luke's dream, caught me by surprise and just when I was getting all comphy...you drop the floor out from under me. Excellent move, JL!

She was sitting blankly in her designated bed, and Talon was dead.

I found this whole passage deeply powerful. As the info is sinking in my head, it's doing the same thing to Mara. You have such a knack and gift to always bring me into your world.

He had to go to her.

Of course he does! He's Luke Skywalker. *I wonder how Mara will react* *Or will she be gone with the rest of the crew by then?* [face_thinking]

In the end, Mara gets what she always wanted, but at a horrible cost. Oh yes, it's sinking in...Talon Karrde is, indeed gone. :_|

Brilliant, as always! =D=

21. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    It was morning, her wounds were healing and Talon was dead. The medics bustled around the wing, administering to their numerous patients, and Talon was dead. The security forces were in the corridors and outside the buildings on careful watch, and Talon was dead.

She was sitting blankly in her designated bed, and Talon was dead.

Beautiful. Painful, but beautiful.

22. jedi7

jedi7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    Fantastic, absolutely fantastic!!!!!!!!! A great story. 7

23. Dunc T'racen

Dunc T'racen Jedi Grand Master star 3

Mar 11, 2000
    Ghent and Luke's dream was over the top. (Can nothing be subtle with him?) but I really liked the 'and Talon was dead' bit.

24. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Is there a reason I didn't realize that this story had been continued?

Excellent Job. I can't believe that Talon is dead! Alas.

Could I get on the PM list please?

25. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    Ut oh... Mara is having thoughts of the homicidal nature... and if she can't do nothing about them... yikes!