main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Insider Legends Fiction Collection

Discussion in 'Literature' started by cdgodin, Nov 11, 2020.

1. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    I hope there is a lot less Blade Squadron.
    I felt it was a solid 4.5/5 stars but the stuff about Blade Squadron and the egotistical jerk Gina Moonsong dragged on for 4 stories and bogged me down. At the end of them, I honestly felt like I had read an entire annoying book about her than a good compilation that I almost gave it a 2/5 stars on Goodreads and Amazon.

The rest though, overall, was great.

And I HAD read the Sloane one but I can't remember where, so it was a nice reminder :)

2. Fettster

Fettster Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 7, 2003
    I think Blade only ever had the four stories. And the Sloane one I believe was also included in the paperback for Lords of the Sith. (At first I thought it was the Rise of the Empire collection that had Tarkin and A New Dawn but those were advertised as new.)

SWpants likes this.
  3. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    Oh thank goodness.

Thanks! That would be where I read it then :)

4. SheaHublin

SheaHublin Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 15, 2008
    Mine arrived. Overall, this worth buying just to have a nice official physical printout of these stories, without having a bunch of magazine issues. It's also yet more proof that there is definitely real demand for EU stories.

Am I only one here that put black electrical tape over the "Legends" banner on the cover?

wmu'14 likes this.
  5. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    I've been wishing for these short stories to get their own release for quite a while now, so I was thrilled it finally happened and picked a copy up at my local B&N.

Jedi Knight Fett and Jedi Ben like this.
  6. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    Just got my copy and was surprised how much Legends it contained and especially how much Legends in non-movie eras! post-NJO stories, Dawn of the Jedi era story, Solokidstory from Legends... even one with Bothans in Art depicted. While it tells which stories are Legends and which canon, it is a nice compilation and the hardcover, paper quality and art is awesome for bibliophiles not wanting to rely on the magazines. Lets hope all other Legends stories keep being collected equally with this falls second volume onwards! This collection really opens many Legends eras and characters and sidestories to the fans that did not catch them the first time around as well as those who only bought it for the canon stories collected.

Also nice that it look and wording-wise treats Legends and Disneycanon as equal continuities and not one or the other in any way treated as more real. No Legends banners, and just a page telling Legends continuity stories that ran from xx - xx and likewise for the disney canon ones.

For once, well done Titan.

Last edited: May 12, 2021
  7. vnu

vnu Jedi Master star 3

Sep 8, 2012
    I saw it at B&N. Thinking of buying it. :)

Does it cover a variety of in-universe eras? (Old Republic, PT, OT, post OT, etc.)
    Are the works they're from more newer issues? Or does it stretch a wide timespan of publishing dates?

Last edited: May 12, 2021
  8. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    The stories were originally published between 2011 and 2017, and the in-universe dates stretch from 25,793 BBY to 45 ABY.

Sinrebirth , wmu'14 and Jedi Ben like this.
  9. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Amazon UK delivery man brought the order containing this today.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  10. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    So much love and feels in that sentence.

25,793 BBY to 45 ABY.

Just look at that.

11. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    My copy of Volume 2 is in the post!

All hail Darth SpeedyHen!

Sinrebirth likes this.
  12. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I forgot to say I got my copy last week via Evil Corp Inc.

The
    ToR
    short stories are really fun, but otherwise it was a random bunch though rereading the
    Jaina and Anji and Allana and Tenel Ka one was fun.

Oh and the Malleus one is so cool.

Vialco, SWpants and Jedi Ben like this.
  13. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Mine is on the 'next Amazon UK' list. Hopefully I will put that order in tomorrow. I did check the local Waterstones last Wed for new SW books but didn't see any.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  14. Pius Dea Crusader

Pius Dea Crusader Jedi Master

Nov 26, 2013
    Don't we have confirmation of a volume 3? There's a lot of stories that could be collected this way.

15. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Nothing on Amazon UK for it yet if there is a volume 3.

16. iFrankenstein

iFrankenstein Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 24, 2020
    Judging by the authors, it looks like it's going to collect mostly High Republic stories. Cool that it seems to have a more discernible theme, but disappointing that they apparently aren't going to go back and reprint any Insider stories from before Titan obtained the license.

Jedi Ben and Pius Dea Crusader like this.
  17. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I hope that Or Die Trying, The Apprentice and Emissaries of the Void get collected at some point.

18. Pius Dea Crusader

Nov 26, 2013
    I'm hoping for The Hero of Cartao.

Vialco, cthugha and Jedi Ben like this.
  19. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    Sorry if off-topic, but I came across these mentions of these short stories. I never noticed anyone talking about them. Evidently some AOTC 20th Anniversary stories published in Insider. Maybe future material for a (THR notwithstanding) Volume 3?

Jedi Ben likes this.
  20. Pius Dea Crusader

Nov 26, 2013
    The change of name of the High Republic collection indicates that the 'Volume X' collection of shorts stories and the High Republic stuff will be parallel series. Probably the new stuff will be in the (hypothetical) Volume 3.

Jedi Ben likes this.