main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Inspired By Characters Created By Sir Terry Pratchett - BBC America's 'The Watch'

Discussion in 'Community' started by Rebel_Padawan, Dec 31, 2020.

1. Rebel_Padawan

Rebel_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 11, 2003
    "Look, I think it's fairly obvious that The Watch shares no DNA with my father's Watch. This is neither criticism nor support. It is what it is"
    -Rhianna Pratchett

Personally I have only read about 6 Discworld books, none of which focused on The Watch.
    I just watched the first episode and enjoyed it! I will be coming back for more if for no other reason than for Richard Dormer.

darthbernael likes this.
  2. darthbernael

darthbernael EU Community Mod, Fuego, Pyrofuego! star 5 Staff Member Manager

Apr 15, 2019
    As a long time STP reader, I see it and know it's an adaptation. Which doesn't mean that the stories can't be good or fun to watch on screen but at the same time it does feel off to me. Because there is something really special in how he wrote and developed the characters, gave them life. And yes this series has caused a divide like the one that crops up from time to time in Star Wars. I don't mind watching them for their entertainment value but just cannot see them as STP's Watch.

Rebel_Padawan likes this.