main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Reference Interest Measurement Thread

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Sawn_Kassal, Nov 13, 2009.

1. Lawbreaker

Lawbreaker Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 21, 2018
    Stretching my storyteller muscles a bit, I am gonna start my new game you should see me in a CROWN soon.

Expect a dark Neo Noir and I will have limited player characters, so my PM box is open for reservations ...

2. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    [​IMG]

3. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    Pretty sure it is the original ...

[​IMG]

4. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    Haha, the song was a reference to the show I believe ... ah dammit, tried to resist that one. How shall I do that when you use Andrew Scott?

The OP is not yet even up! How many spots are left?

5. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    ToR will be difficult to make a game for with ToR updating so much. Satele turned up in the datamining for October, so...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    The MMO would not have been more than a vague idea of the early history of the war. I was more interested in the era and less in the games storyline.

Anyway, the project was cancelled. I think these boards nowadays are not a good fit for game of this scope.

7. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Of this scope?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    What I had in mind ... an easily accessible game with multiple plot strains for various factions. Sub-plots ending and beginning out of synch.

Takes 7 players at least, works better with 10 to 14. Like my Episode VII had back in the day, or Old Republic Renessaince. Not realistic nowadays I'd say. I guess someone else will have to take care of the "accessibility problem".

Dark Sun is probably a perfect sized game nowadays.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  9. LordTroepfchen

LordTroepfchen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2007
    Well, you can try. OP probably written? Posting them is for free. Just see what happens.

10. BLemelisk

BLemelisk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 19, 2003
    I'd read it with great enthusiasm!

11. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Paradoxical Echoes is looking for new players! We've retained an amazing corps of players to date & are looking to expand for our next chapter. Our game has reached a way-point of shorts and now would be the best time to jump in.

Some basic details....

We're an Original Trilogy Canon-Legends Hybrid based in 2 BBY. We also have our independent wiki library (replaces the Resource Library Threads here---we just outgrew ours in the last game). We're a branch off of two successful previous games: award-winning (Best Star Wars RPG, 2010), 8 year-running (2009 to 2016) Intervention & Intervention: Echoes in Eternity. Technically, we're a prequel to those games.

We have multiple immediate openings and are looking for characters that are Imperial (TIE Pilot, Crewmen, Stormtrooper, etc); we're trying to avoid "special ops" characters or anyone higher then a Staff Sergeant (for Stormtroopers) or Ensign for Crewmen. We're trying to develop characters to that "special" level through story. We want characters that can grow upwards & outwards; we don't want Rambo and we don't want Maverick. We want...that guy who died in "Rogue One". Yeah, that guy or girl, who no one remembers. But dang it, his/her death meant something...even if it was to make Disney billions. But the point being, we want Han who becomes an unsuspecting hero of Han Solo in "Solo".

12. Master Vo

Master Vo Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2017
    I'm writing up an OP for a game set in the Eastern Front of WWII, opening in Stalingrad, but I'm really not sure if there's the right crowd for this kind of game here. Anyone interested?

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  13. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    I would be for sure.

Master Vo'Un'Var likes this.
  14. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    If I wasn't so busy GMing, I think it would be interesting. But just as a matter of functionality, you'll need to have your history down pat for that type of game and communicate as such to your players the do's and don't's. I see a lot of gray area where god-modding could be an issue if you don't have a firm grip on boundaries.

15. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    One Darth Revan game, coming up...?

Any interest in joining the team that's about to try and capture him? :D

16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Sinrebirth likes this.
  17. QueenSabe7

QueenSabe7 Chosen One star 6

Mar 23, 2001
    I'm sorry, but did you say... REVAN?
    [​IMG]

18. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I did so say, yup. Good, good. [face_devil]

Gonna emphasise that this will be a game about his capture, and thus about a year pre-KotoR.

Any interest expressed to me will result in a TAG when the game goes up, etc.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2019
  19. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Would anyone be interested in a roleplay set in the Supergirl Universe?

20. Lawbreaker

Lawbreaker Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 21, 2018
    So Bastilla's mission would be the finale? Intruiging.

21. Master Vo

Mar 19, 2017
    There's something about space that's so terrifying.

The great expanse of what seems like nothing that just stretches on and on.

Being the person who goes up there must be a horrific experience.

Spending months alone in those inky depths of silence.

If something happened to them, would anyone be able to save them?

The connection from the Voyager's Dream had been killed about three weeks earlier. No contact has been made with the crew since. No one knows what happened to them. There was an alert for a message trying to be put through to our communications, but it never made it through.

What happened up there?

Silence - A Space Horror Game

22. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    I've got an E-Branch agent who likes wearing the latest Wonder Woman costume, so possibly...

Sinrebirth likes this.
  23. RachelTyrell

RachelTyrell Jedi Master star 3

Feb 15, 2009
    I kinda feel like starting a horror game now that Halloween is coming ...

24. Master Vo

Mar 19, 2017
    Planning on setting up a game based around the Death Note series. Not the same characters, but a similar premise. PM if interested.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  25. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Chosen One star 4

Mar 28, 2004
    I have been thinking about a zombie apocalypse one set on Coruscant...