main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Reference Interest Measurement Thread

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Sawn_Kassal, Nov 13, 2009.

1. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    You should come to Blood Moon Gulch! Horror in the Old West...

2. Master Vo

Master Vo Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2017
    Kinda want to see a sandbox Zombie game. Everyone has their own plotline, and then eventually at some point they'll join together and make a group.

3. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    The first draft for a game I've had in my head for a while. I finally decided to put it to paper and see if there would be any interest.

--------

Before I begin, it is important to briefly elaborate on the history behind the story in which you will play a part, and it all is centered on the people of Thyrsus, a planet located in a mid rim star cluster known as Echani space.

The Thyrsians, despite being genetic cousins of the Echani, having evolved to have much different features in order to survive on their harsh volcanic desert planet orbiting twin red giants, are an independent people, who operate free from the rule of the Six Sisters, though many Echani would say they operate in defiance of them.

Both cultures also recently experienced a liberation of sorts. The Echani liberated themselves from the Empire in a ferocious battle brought on not only by the news of the Emperor’s death, but the fact that imperial forces had been redirected from systems key to maintaining control of the sector for the battles on Endor and Sullust. In the process, they commandeered the Bellator-class Star dreadnoughts being constructed in the shipyards over Eshan, and used their might to take back the rest of Echani space.

Well, save for Thyrsus. They were independent after all, and such independence grants no aid from their genetic cousins. Instead, their freedom came another way.

The Sun Guard, legendary warriors who once called this planet home, were once a proud people with a culture of their own that has always been part of the Thyrsian way of life, even after they were all but destroyed near the end of the Clone Wars at the hands of the assassin, Asajj Ventress, under orders by Count Dooku, which were passed on to him from none other than Darth Sidious, the man who controlled them at the time, his late master Plagueis having turned them into a Sith cult, twisting them to their needs.

Well, all but destroyed, save for a few, anyways. One such survivor was one so rebellious that Sidious had to force him to do his bidding by way of Sith Alchemy. Kev-Mas Colcha, a half-blood former slave, born to a Thyrsian slave woman working a brothel on the resort world of Mindor (yes, long before the Empire chose to glass it) and an Echani aristocrat looking for a night of pleasure.

That brings us to another note. See, the Sun Guard revere prophecy a great deal, and have many stories they use to predict their future. So when this boy was born, a former Sun Guard, who left the legendary group of warriors and went into hiding a few years prior in response to the Sith taking control immediately recognized him as a prophecy in the process of being fulfilled.

“When the Sun Guard stray from their righteous path, a son of the moons and suns, born the lowest of the low, shall rise above as their rebirth.”

This man just so happened to be hiding on Mindor, and after coming across a young Kev-Mas he immediately took it upon himself to train him in the ways of the Sun Guard, preparing him to fulfill the prophecy.

Over 50 years later, Kev-Mas Colcha, deemed traitor to the Empire, former Emperor’s Hand, former Emperor’s Shadow Guard, and one of the last of the Sun Guard rose against the Empire on Thyrsus, using their own ships and weapons against them, with the aid of the newly formed New Republic.

The planet was liberated, and what’s more, is that the Sun Guard were reborn, risen from the ashes of Colcha’s former Stormtroopers, headquartered in a garrison base on the very planet they freed.

Twin Suns Garrison became known as Solvorgilhyum, which means “Sun Guard Home” in their native tongue. The Sun Guard also returned to their old ways, predating their stint as Sith Cultists. While it was what nearly everyone in the Galaxy who knew anything about them remembered them as, it was only a small blip in their history, which goes back thousands of years.

Kev-Mas added other influences, however, as a safeguard to prevent another corruption. After escaping from the grasp of the Empire, he was aided telepathically by an unseen voice, who had a more neutral way of seeing the Force. Rather than seeing the Force as light or dark, this individual, whoever they were, saw other Force users as light or dark, depending on how they used it, and only in that particular moment. This individual also saw that both light and dark must be kept in equilibrium to maintain order in the Galaxy. Failing that, peace would be fragile and war would be constant.

When Kev-Mas brought back the Sun Guard, he fused this view of protecting equilibrium with their existing reverence to the Suns, recognizing that while they may set, their light is still there, while they are up, the ashen skin of the Thyrsian people protects them from the solar radiation while serving as a small reminder of night and the constant change between day and night preserves its life. When it came time to find new Sun Guard, all races were welcomed, whether it be the Thyrsian Rebels and former Stormtroopers that made up the inaugural class, or the various other denizens of all shapes and sizes who joined seeking refuge and a new life. When the new Sun Guard recruited new members, they also took great measures to seek out Force Sensitives, and Kev-Mas trained them to use the Force as a tool: as a means rather than an end.

Last but not least, the Sun Guard of ancient times were also conquerors. Vast swaths of the Galaxy used to be under Sun Guard control, having been won by hard fought battles, proving their might and earning them rivalries with other legendary warriors such as the Mandalorians.

Conquering and subjugating planets however, was something that would disrupt the equilibrium, and not protect it. This was not an option.

Discovering them however, that was something else. So the Sun Guard prepared for an expedition to Wild Space, and after several years of building fleets and armies, they’re ready.

The year is now 20 ABY, and the first ships of the Sun Guard fleet have already been sent out as a vanguard, to scout for new worlds on which to build an Empire. A perch in which they seek to observe galactic events, and interfere when necessary to protect the equilibrium.

[​IMG]

Welcome to Star Wars: Wild Sun Frontier. In this game, you will play the role of a Force Sensitive Sun Guard Twisuns Praetor headed out with the second group of ships sent by the Sun Guard to Wild Space after the first ones failed to send back a report of their findings in a timely manner. Tensions are high on Thyrsus as many have feared that the first fleet, which included Kev-Mas Colcha’s son and heir, Leonias Colcha among them, went out to Wild Space to meet their deaths, and that the second fleet, which includes you and your attachés of forty Sun Guards each will serve more as a rescue fleet to retrieve their bodies and flee to the safety of charted space or worse.

Since I like it so much, and I write my own stories inside its confines (including this one), this game will follow @Sinrebirth ‘s One Canon, which is a combination of both Disney and Legends canon, with subtle changes made here and there to make sure the important pieces from each continuity fit.

Mechanically, this game is a mixture of both a fleet battle game as well as a more traditional one. Your story will be told from the perspective of your character, giving orders to GM controlled forces and assisting them in battle. Your tactical and leadership skills will be the difference between life and death. If you give the wrong order, it could very well spell certain doom not just for you, but for the fate of the Sun Guard and the Galaxy as we know it. Are you prepared for the challenge?

Eventually, after a few successful missions, you might go up in rank, and the amount of forces under your command will increase in order to better deal with the more difficult enemies you may encounter.

[​IMG]

Rules

Obey the TOS
    Follow all RP etiquette rules. No god mode, no metagaming, etc. You’re here to tell a story, not show off how cool or powerful your character is. It’s not a competition.
    Character sheets must be submitted to the GM via private message and approved before being posted.

[​IMG]

Character sheet
    Name:
    Appearance: (Pictures are recommended, but not necessary. In the same respect, a picture does not exclude the need for a good text description. A good storyteller needs to be able to paint a picture with their words.)
    Personal Effects:
    Personal Ship: (Scratch that. Leave this blank. You’ll be assigned to one as its Commanding Officer. Standard issue Twin Suns Engineering Wraith-class Corvette.)
    Bio: (Obviously you’re a Sun Guard, and obviously you’re Force Sensitive. Elaborate further though. How did you become a Sun Guard? Were you one of the Stormtroopers from the Twin Suns Garrison who turned against the Empire to follow their commander and liberate the planet? Were you one of the Thyrsian Rebels who were in the fight before Kev-Mas united them? Were you a refugee who was saved by the Sun Guard in one of their many pre-expedition crusades? The story behind this has a great deal of fanon, a lot of which haven't been explained all the way in this OP. Don't be ashamed to ask me for help ironing out details so your character fits in. All you need is a rough idea, and then we'll work together to flesh it out.)

Last edited: Dec 8, 2019
    BookExogorth and Mitth_Fisto like this.
  4. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Oooooh.

Kev-Mas_Colcha likes this.
  5. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    @Kev-Mas_Colcha the game and plot itself look fine and quite interesting, with a clear objective. But ... is this a game for more than one character? Feels like the whole OP is referring to the Commander, who will command the fleet and rise through the ranks. Who shall everybody else play?

6. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    Everybody plays an individual Commander in the fleet. It's got some fleet battle game elements so in addition to playing like a normal game you'd see here, your characters also issue orders to NPC Sun Guard under their command. Starting off, the players have command of an attaché, which is forty Sun Guard.

The scale of the battles are a bit larger than in a normal game, needless to say.

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk

7. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Okay you should add that to the OP! Makes things clearer.

8. The Jedi in the Pumas

The Jedi in the Pumas Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2018
    Gauging interest:

- An academy/school style setting martial arts story. Think street fighter meets my hero academia/Harry Potter
    -One Piece based pirate story about a crew set during the rise of the current Yonko and before Luffy
    - A Bourne action thriller RP

I have opening posts written for all of them, but wanted to see where the community was on these.

greyjedi125 likes this.
  9. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    *Head-desk* I have an interest in too many games. Not enough grey matter to spread to them all.

10. RachelTyrell

RachelTyrell Jedi Master star 3

Feb 15, 2009
    Bourne style action thriller!

The Jedi in the Pumas likes this.
  11. The Jedi in the Pumas

Jun 23, 2018
    @RachelTyrell Roger Roger.

My outline was for it to follow the lives of agents when they first are attempting to enter Into clandestine services. So an episodic RP that begins with players trying to go through selection and every episode would be 5-7 updates long, mission pass or fail, and then the RP would take a break before the next episode.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  12. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    An episodic game would be something. We never had a truly episodic one I believe ...

13. The Jedi in the Pumas

Jun 23, 2018
    I thought it would be helpful for people to deal with DRL. Lets say you know you will have a week of vacation coming up and you want to do a quick story arc. Approach the GM, inform them, and then an episode can be written out with preplanned outlined updates ahead of time for the player.

At least that’s how I’m playing. What I’m trying in 10 ABY now is like a prototype of this idea.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  14. LordTroepfchen

LordTroepfchen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2007
    After specializing on non–SW games lately I wonder if the fanboy inside of me is not a little starved.

Thinking about starting a space opera style Star Wars game, set in an unmined era and see if anyone bites. A game which needs zero insider knowledge.

What do people think? Is there any more need for another epic battle of good vs. evil or am I just trying to therapy my need for proper Star Wars after the sequel trilogy?

SirakRomar and Sinrebirth like this.
  15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    NST -- no such thing as too much classic SW [face_dancing] [face_dancing] I would love to ADD ANOTHER GAME to my never ending list [face_laugh] [face_party]

Last edited: Jan 18, 2020
    Sinrebirth likes this.
  16. Lawbreaker

Lawbreaker Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 21, 2018
    Would personally love to see your cinematic style applied to some classic Star Wars!

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  17. RachelTyrell

RachelTyrell Jedi Master star 3

Feb 15, 2009
    Sounds great! Any hint what time period we would be looking at?

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  18. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    I was thinking a 100 years after Rise of the Skywalker ...

Sort of an Episode X but without any Skywalkers and a completely story of its own where the players can be the defining players in galactic events.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2020
  19. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Do it! I would play anything you need in this ... including a Hutt or an Ewok! Okay, maybe I would negotiate about the Ewok ...

LordTroepfchen likes this.
  20. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Is it terrible that I am thinking of Star Wars Episode IX: Duel of the Fates, based on the original script?

Despite enjoying IX for the most part?

21. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    No that sounds amazing actually.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  22. Master Vo

Master Vo Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2017
    Recent idea for a game that I've been working on.

The aesthetic of the game would be similar to that of a GTA game, but the story is set in two different timelines. One in the 80's, and another in the current day. Each player has two characters, or one if they prefer, and play during both timelines with each character. The 1980's timeline would affect the modern timeline. The story itself, like I said, would be similar to a GTA game (not just heists and setting up criminal empires though) I do have a main story arc that I'm working on, but I want to know if this style would be interesting in the first place before getting too far.

If your interested, let me know.

23. The Jedi in the Pumas

Jun 23, 2018
    A game set in the 80s? I know it's early on, but given the right city and plot, I'm sure a couple of people would be down. I know I would.

However, the running 2 characters would be kind of hairy for most people as far as time demands.

Master Vo'Un'Var likes this.
  24. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    Ever made progress on that idea?

25. LordTroepfchen

Apr 9, 2007
    Working on it. Might actually show something soon ...

greyjedi125 and Sinrebirth like this.