main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Reference Interest Measurement Thread

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Sawn_Kassal, Nov 13, 2009.

1. CosmoHender

CosmoHender Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2016
    Personally I would like to see something with "The Ninth Jedi" since the idea of a story thousands of years after the films really interests me. I'm kinda imagining something like a combination of The Duel, The Ninth Jedi, and The Star Wars (the original script that was adapted into a comic). I don't know, I just think that it could be cool.

darthbernael and Sinrebirth like this.
  2. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Star Wars: Ronin: The Curse of Qalydon

It started as any war did.

A squabble in the Core, between Coruscant and Alsakan over trade rights in the Expansion Region, that the Jedi were asked to arbitrate for the thirteenth time.

Nobody could say precisely when it became a conflict between the True Jedi and Dark Jedi. Nobody could say when the Republic morphed into an Empire in response to the crisis, and the battle became one of rebellion against the Jedi Lords. Nobody could say when the war saw monstrosities and ancient technology reduce the half the known galaxy to primitivism. Nobody could say when the idea of the noble, honourable Jedi became fantastical - legend.

All we could say was when it ended. The Battle of Corbos. By then it was known as the Hundred Years Darkness, and the Dark Jedi were exiled in defeat. Only to return from the Unknowns as Sith.

It has been twenty years since then.

Since the Dark Jedi became Sith, since the Sith flooded those devastated worlds and picked at the remnants of the war to rule the broken masses. Bandits, raiders, pirate hordes. Outside the Core was given away, even worlds as affluent as Alderaan were left to fend for themselves.

Five Dark Lords rule from their Thrones.

The Empire and the Jedi Lords who cannot see their own corruption allow it.

Who will stop the Sith?

You will.

That’s who.

—-

Welcome to Ronin: The Curse of Qalydon. Inspired by the Visions short known as The Duel, and detailed more in the novel Ronin, we follow a very different galaxy. One which has seen civilisation fall in the wake of the Hundred Years Darkness.

Your character? It could be a servant of the Dark Lords, a Jedi squire, a Republic diehard, a corrupt Imperial, or even, of course, a former Sith - unable to return to the Jedi Order, spurned by deepest darks…

Choose your path in a broken galaxy.

@Shadowsun it was two days but this is my first draft.

3. CosmoHender

Dec 2, 2016
    Sold!

4. Shadowsun

Shadowsun Force Ghost star 4

Jun 26, 2017
    Looks very good @Sinrebirth...

Begins to pour through artwork putting together a character.

5. darthbernael

darthbernael EU Community Mod, Fuego, Pyrofuego! star 5 Staff Member Manager

Apr 15, 2019
    Here is a potential teaser for an upcoming game. This takes place before events in the game begin. If folks recall I have been planning a Dune game and this is the teaser for that. Any remarks about it would be a good thing. I have shared it with another and am awaiting his feedback as well. Thank you.

“A beginning is a very delicate time. Know then, that it is the year 10191. The known universe is ruled by the Padishah Emperor Shaddam the Fourth, my father. In this time, the most precious substance in the universe is the spice Melange. The spice extends life. The spice expands consciousness. A product of the Spice, the red Sapho juice, stains the lips of the Mentats but allows them to be human computers, as thinking machines have been outlawed. The spice is vital to space travel. The Spacing Guild and its navigators, who the spice has mutated over 4000 years, use the orange spice gas, which gives them the ability to fold space. That is, travel to any part of the universe without moving. Because the Guild controls all interplanetary travel, they are the highest power in the Universe. The Spice also plays a very secret role in the Bene Gesserit sisterhood, of which I am a part. The sisterhood has been interfering with the marriages, and the children thereof, of the great Houses of the Universe, cleverly intermixing one bloodline with another to form the Kwisatz Haderach, a super being. They plan to control this super being and use his powers for their own selfish purposes. The breeding plan has been carried out in a strict manner for 90 generations. The goal of the super being is in sight. But now, so close to the prize, a Bene Gesserit woman, Jessica, the bound concubine of Duke Leto Atreides, who has been ordered to bear only daughters, has given birth to a son. Oh, yes. I forgot to tell you. The spice exists on only one planet in the entire universe. A desolate, dry planet with vast deserts. Hidden away within the rocks of these deserts are a people known as the Fremen, who have long held a prophecy that a man would come, a messiah, who would lead them to true freedom. The planet is Arrakis, also known as Dune.” - Princess Irulan, Dune, Frank Herbert

Six months later, Kaitain

[​IMG]

The High Council had been called, reduced as it was. In years past there had been as many as more than one hundred Heads of House present, in more recent years it had dropped to 35 and even more recently their numbers had dropped to a scant fifteen. In the size of the hall set aside for them, the noise of such a scant number was drowned out by almost oppressive silence. What made the silence more oppressive was that two of their number were not present. The seats adorned with the Sable a falcon's head couped gules encircled by laurel branches vert and the one adorned with the White a ram's head caboshed guardant azure were empty.

Voices were raised, accusations flew, there had been news from ‘that’ world. Each had their own needs, their own economies that were tied to the Directorships involved in being a part of that world. And the news of chaos was throwing their worlds into their own smaller chaos’. Battle lines had been drawn, those allied to the Falcon and those allied to the Ram. The red headed figure on the Throne did little to allay any on either side of the debate.

And then the doors at the top of the Hall slammed open. A massive figure was seen there, silhouetted by the light behind. The doors shut as the figure descended. It was lost in the darkness between the light of the few seats taken and the end of the Hall. At least until it filled the lighted area.

[​IMG]

He took the Ram seat as whispers ran round the rings of the seats. A cruel smile touched his face as he gazed at the Falcon seat, before he looked to the red haired man.

An oily voice came from his lips, “My Emperor, Duke Atreides is dead. To maintain stability on Arrakis I have taken control of spice production once more…”

6. darthhelinith

darthhelinith Force Ghost star 6

Feb 10, 2009
    Is there any interest in a pokemon game where the players are playing as pokemon?
    (There would likely be a few pokemon you couldn't choose from ie. no legendaries & mythical)

darthbernael likes this.
  7. CosmoHender

Dec 2, 2016
    One setting that I've been wanting to properly do something with for a long time is one based on George Lucas' earlier scripts for Star Wars, but set long after the films. For years I have teased with the idea of a "New Empire" fan fic, but I also think that it could make for a potentially fun roleplay campaign.

8. Shadowsun

Jun 26, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2021
  9. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Ooooooh.

Shadowsun and darthbernael like this.
  10. darthbernael

Apr 15, 2019
    Shakes fist at @Shadowsun

Like I have any other time for amazing games, damn you!

Shadowsun and Sinrebirth like this.
  11. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    I see.....

Begins to craft elaborate tombstones

12. Shadowsun

Jun 26, 2017
    Don't worry you have plenty of time my friend... '2022' doesn't mean New Year's FYI (Saga ending by then is very unlikely) just sometime next year... as I can only guess how long exactly the last major portion of the game shall take.

greyjedi125 and darthbernael like this.
  13. darthbernael

Apr 15, 2019
    Puts the game on the list of potential projects to come. Reserving spaces for the dozen other games that are sure to come out in that time too, as well. :p

14. CosmoHender

Dec 2, 2016
    I mentioned that I have been playing around with the idea of a "New Empire" roleplay. Well, I also took some inspiration from the Ninth Jedi and made this opening crawl for the potential game that I have been developing...

-

Many generations have passed since the light of the JEDI KNIGHTS protected the galaxy. Until the Great Rebellion, the Jedi learned the ways of the mysterious Force, and acted as guardians of peace and justice. They perfected their art as the personal bodyguards of the Emperor and were the chief architects of the IMPERIAL SPACE FORCE which expanded the Empire from the celestial equator to the farthest reaches of the Great Rift. Now the Jedi are all but extinct. One by one they have been hunted down and destroyed as enemies of the NEW EMPIRE by a ferocious rival sect of mercenary warriors: THE KNIGHTS OF SITH.

Since then, an era of war has arisen. Seventy small solar systems have united in a common struggle against the tyranny of the Empire. They are under the command of MARGRAVE JURO from the planet Hy Izlan, who seeks to restore the Jedi and has reforged their ancient weapons, LIGHTSABERS, by mining for rare kyber crystals within his territory.

The Empire knows that if the rebels won a crushing victory over the deadly Imperial Space Force, it would bring a thousand more star systems into the rebellion and Imperial control could be lost forever. To crush the rebellion once and for all, the Emperor has sent his most ferocious Sith Knights to find the secret rebel strongholds and destroy them. However, ANCIENT DARK FORCES conspire to subjugate the galaxy…

15. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Chosen One star 4

Mar 28, 2004
    [​IMG]

The Terran Empire, a vast and sprawling conglomeration of worlds is in its late stages, slowly decaying as once prosperous worlds are turning into techno-barbarism and piracy. It has conquered countless worlds and had incorporated a myriad of races and realms into its territories. Due to its vastness the Great Houses hold great control over their allotted systems.

It is slowly rotting from within and the rival kingdoms are taking bits of bits from the Empire.

[​IMG]

Q'arib is one of the few remaining neutral worlds who traded with the Empire and the other realms, providing them with the much needed fuel called eezo powering the huge space ships. The surface of the planet is mostly lifeless with the exception of a few scattered outposts, while most cities float over the ground. No one knows who the original inhabitants of the world were and archeologists from all over the Galaxy flock to study the ruins that remained.

[​IMG]

(The pictures are just an illustration)

The political situation within the Empire is precarious and highly unstable as the Great Houses are vying for control of the Imperial Throne, while the subjugated races and planets are starting to revolt.

Piracy runs rampart. Cargoes are being stolen, noblemen and women kidnapped for ransom. The Great Houses hiring crews to cause trouble to their rivals.

Princess Jori Atreus of Earth (the heiress to the Imperial Throne) has been captured in a nearby system by an enigmatic pirate group that has no known allegiance to any of the Great Houses.

[​IMG]

Was that a start of something more?

16. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    Hourglass

A No More Jedi Story
    The Jedi are no more, done away with in the aftermath of a great war that claimed the lives of trillions. Now those that show ability and connection to the force are trained by the Republic to be Doctors, Soldiers, and Scientists gone are the teachings of the Cosmic Force or the Living Force. The Force is a tool, not a philosophy, and those that touch it, are not worthy of praise, they are merely using their skill to aid the Republic.

Force Sensitives are feared, or treated with derision, a left over from the rise in Anti-Jedism that swept the galaxy after the war. Not aided by the fact each force sensitive has a distinguishing mark on all of their identification, their driver's licenses, birth certificates, and professional certifications. The black and red badge follows them everywhere.

But, life goes on, force sensitives live their lives, serve the Republic, do some good despite the challenges.

This is one of their stories:

Another body has been found, the fourth in 2 months. Another twi'lek woman strangled, her throat crushed without any evidence of bruising. No connection between the victims other than their species and gender identity, killed in similar ways. That can only mean one thing: a serial killer, and all the evidence is pointing towards a Force Sensitive one. It was difficult to find any useful evidence. And at this last crime scene there was an hourglass painted onto the wall. Didn't take a top detective to get the message. People are scared, and the Coruscant Security Force needs to find this murderer and put them behind shields.

They turn to their last resort.

[​IMG]

The Force Sensitive Squad, a small group of Graduates from the Lionis Academy for Force Sensitives that had finished their mandatory service of 6 years. They come from the military, medicine and agri corps. Though it didn't matter what they did it mattered what they were, Force Sensitives.

This has the chance to be the most high profile case the FSS has ever solved. If those in power will let them. Republic Security is lurking around the case ready to take it at a moment's notice, and even their own force is slow to help them. It is a mountain before them. But, there is no one else that can handle this.

Time is running out, a killer is on the loose, the sand in the hourglass is falling.

Time to get to work.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2021
  17. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    @galactic-vagabond422

Hourglass!!! Love it. I already have a character in mind. I'll PM you!! ( Sorry, I couldn't resist, we haven't had a 'whodunnit' around these parts for awhile. :D )

18. CosmoHender

Dec 2, 2016
    Another type of game that I would enjoy playing or running that I don't think a lot of other people would be into... is a Flash Gordon RPG. I'm actually a huge Flash Gordon fan and it was one of the inspirations for Star Wars, so I think it could be fun to do something with Flash Gordon in the roleplay forums. That just might be me though.

19. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    Hmmmm...

The Jedi in the Pumas likes this.
  20. Shadowsun

Jun 26, 2017
    @galactic-vagabond422

Strokes chin...

A whodunit you say? Connected to an old Vagabond goodie you say? And Greyjedi125 is joining without having to hassle him with ten thousand PMs? And GV is the GM?

Shifts around, whipping out a pen to sign up.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2021
  21. CosmoHender

Dec 2, 2016
    Since I know someone else is interested in running a game based on The Ninth Jedi and they have very different ideas from mine, I'm probably going to drop my idea for a roleplay set long after the movies and influenced by The Ninth Jedi since I wouldn't want to risk having two similar games competing with each other. However, I might take some of my ideas and just use them somewhere else. Like instead of a game set generations after the films, maybe a game set in a new continuity altogether. Something similar to what Dark Horse once did with... The Star Wars.

[​IMG]

George Lucas' original ideas for Star Wars have fascinated me for years, since I've always had this interest in what could have been. I like learning about what didn't make it to the final versions of the films I enjoy, the evolution of elements from the final versions, and how some scrapped concepts were on occasion recycled in later material. It especially appeals to me as a writer with an appreciation for both story telling and film making.

I feel like it might be fun to play with these old ideas and have a "The Star Wars" game set in a universe that is both familiar and unfamiliar, filled with new characters and remixed versions of old characters. Not just with elements from the script that Dark Horse adapted, but also elements from other drafts and other eras of Star Wars as well. I think there is a lot of potential at least.

darthbernael and BobaMatt like this.
  22. Shadowsun

Jun 26, 2017
    The Aspects of Izloria:
    The Age of Steam

The manifestation of the Soul is the Aspect.

Taking the form of any inanimate object the Aspect is unique to each user, to each person. An expression of their will, of the core of their being. Each Aspect has a unique power.

The powers of the Aspect and what form it takes vary from person to person but once it takes a form it cannot change.

These are the rules of the Aspect.

This is the reality of the world of Izloria.

[​IMG]
    The new age of power, electricity, and steam has changed the landscape of Izloria. The great sprawling city of Reme, capital of the Reman Republic stands in a dark time. Supposedly the Reman Republic is that, a Republic. Governed and controlled by a Senate voted for by the people and generated for the people's ideals. But such is hardly the case, it is rife with corruption, and many views a clandestine organization known as 'The Eye' as the true rulers of the Reman Republic.

It is a dark era for the Reman Republic, the rise of those with Aspects threatens stability as rumors of a guerrilla force seeking to overthrow the Reman Republic circulate wildly like vicious rumors, all while the Republic is threatened by the evergrowing unrest of the nations that surround it, ready to pounce on any and all weakness.

The greatest of which is the Neheb Empire, built on the ashes of the Orcs of old the serpentine Neheb lie waiting for their opportunity to strike.

And the great city of Reme is plagued with a large increase in mysterious murders all across the City of Reme.

The Eye, the Neheb Empire, the falling Republic, the mysterious murders... all seemingly disparate, disconnected but a threat grows in silence. Waiting ever so patiently to consume the world.

"To rely on a Skoros is to rely on luck
    To rely on a Human is to rely on chaos
    To rely on a Neheb is to rely on lies
    To rely on a Vasilian is to rely on evil"

- A common Mirian saying.

[​IMG]

Human
    The most plentiful race in all of Izloria. Humans are known for their great ingenuity and are the primary driving force of much of the technology that exists in the world.

[​IMG]
    Mirian
    The first of the twin Elder races, born never to die but only through violence can one die. Their bodies are susceptible to being killed like a human. Their unique flowing silver hair and pointed ears, their alien and distant nature, few live left in the world. Most notably they are resistant to even the most extreme of cold temperatures.

[​IMG]
    Vasilian
    The second 'Elder Race' . They are known for their twin horns that occur on their head, the placement and size of which vary greatly. Their bodies are far more durable than that of Mirians and Humans capable of sustaining great damage and achieving many 'superhuman' feats. But despite their long life, in time they will age and die. As the so-called 'inverse' to Mirians they are completely resistant to fire and the most of extreme heats.

[​IMG]
    Skoros

The Skoros are known for their peaceful, friendly demeanor. All of them are capable of flight, many of them worship a being known as 'Lux' also known as 'The Light God' who presumably brings good fortune to those that worship him.

[​IMG]
    Neheb

The Neheb are known to be cunning and ruthless. In the distant past, it was known that the Neheb Empire exterminated all Orcs off the face of Izloria in their grab for the power of the Southern continent. Few live in the Reman Republic and those that do are met frequently with scorn and hatred. Known for their immunity to most poisons and their night vision a cunning Neheb is a dangerous thing.

[hr/hr]
    Welcome to the world of Izloria! A world where magic is a distant forgotten memory the only remaining shards of it being the power known as 'The Aspect' and Steampunk-like technology exists prominently throughout the world.

Where your character fits in this world can be wide and varied. From that of Senator in the Reman Republic to that of someone related to a victim of the mysterious murders in Reme, to a Neheb spy plotting to exploit the growing weakness of their northern neighbor. The options are many the primary requirement is that your character must have an Aspect.

The Aspect is a power that manifests itself in the form of an inanimate object that the user can call upon each having a unique ability tied to the user.

What that object is and its associated ability vary wildly.

Below are four examples, none of which can be used by players as they are tied to NPCs that shall be met in the game.

Aspect Name: Lightning Knuckle
    Aspect Appearance:
    [​IMG]
    Aspect Ability: The user is able to make arcs of lightning the follow the edge of the blade as they attack and move with it. These blasts are able to travel up to ten feet and do not harm the user.

Aspect Name: B00M!
    Aspect Appearance:
    [​IMG]
    Aspect Ability: Anything the user touches can be turned into an explosive. What they touch retains its appearances and all physical properties. The Aspect is a remote that when pressed causes the touched object to explode. If the user moves fifty feet away from the touched object it will cease to be an explosive. The user can also 'cancel' an object being an explosive if they press a secondary button on the remote. Only one object can be turned into an explosive at any given time.

Aspect Name: God's Hand
    Aspect Apperance:
    [​IMG]
    Aspect Ability: If the user writes the name of an object as long as it is non-organic and non-living that object will appear in front of them. The maximum weight of the object is 300lbs or else the object will not be created. Food cannot be created. The user also has to know the object exists and how it works in order for it to be generated. They must also visualize the object they want to be created as they write its name.

Aspect Name: Mirror Mirror
    Aspect Appearance:
    [​IMG]
    Aspect Ability:
    By staring into the mirror the user is able to change their appearance at will. They are not able to change their sex or into another race. But are able to change all other physical characteristics.

As stated above player characters are required to have an Aspect though it should be noted that not all beings in the world of Izloria do have an Aspect.

Aspects must be unique and as the ability is hidden at the start of the game I may have to reject proposed abilities if they are too similar to either another player's aspect that has already been approved or a major NPC I have planned.

Multiple Aspects of the same object are however allowed, as long as their ability remains distinct. (e.g. multiple sword Aspects or bow aspects are acceptable as well as having a mirror or book aspect like the examples above) When in doubt just ask. In fact I love questions so please ask away I am very, very happy to explain and walk you through anything you might have questions about

Character Sheet:
    Name:
    Race:
    Personal Effects:
    Aspect Name:
    Aspect Appearance:
    Aspect Ability:
    [GMs eyes only will be revealed over the course of the game]
    Bio:

Rules:
    1) Respect and Obey the TOS
    2) No God modding
    3) Do not Metagame. If your character does have a reasonable explanation for why they know a crucial piece of information do not have them act or think it. This is particularly important in regards to knowing how other PCs and NPCs Aspects work and function
    4) If you need to step away, please notify the GM
    5) Character Death is possible and may happen without prior warning. Such an event is unlikely and in most cases, Character Death will be discussed with the player prior to it taking place.
    6) Have Fun!

---
    Izloria Library Thread
    [​IMG]
    Izloria
    Izloria is a vast world that has six major regions.

The Reman Republic

The largest and often cited as the most powerful of the major world powers the Reman Republic is a centuries-old institution founded on the ideals of equality and prosperity for all. The reality of that is hardly the case. A crumbling infrustruce and government many are more willing to place their faith in a criminal clandestine organization known as the 'The Eye' than cooperate with anything tied to the government. Rife with corruption the nations around the Reman Republic look with hungry eyes, wanting to cleave up and shatter the Empire into the hundred of smaller nations it once used to be.

The Neheb Empire

The Neheb Empire is a ruthless Imperial government built almost exclusively by the serpentine race, the Neheb. The cruelty of the Neheb empire is well known, although with this cruelty comes a twisted stability those that do live there are typically better educated, better fed and have longer life spans than their Reman counterparts. The Neheb Empire and Reman Republic have historically been adverseies the last major conflict occuring some five hundred years ago.

The Vasilian Kingdoms

The Vasilian Kingdoms are not anyone singular entity or group as the Reman Republic, Conclave, and Neheb Empire are, but rather a loose coalition of disparate Kingdoms ruled by Vasilians. There was at a time something of a 'King of Kings' among the Vasilians but such a title has not been held for centuries and thus they remain in relative disarray. They often have frequent and consistent trade with the Reman Republic and the Neheb Empire

The Conclave

The Conclave is an exceptionally private, closed-off nation. What little is known about it is that it seems to be a theocracy with a ruling council of twelve members called 'Archs' and one head Arch named 'The Grand Arch'. There is a single city between the border of the Conclave and the Reman Republic where trade is conducted between the two nations and where any and all offical communications take place. It is not even known if the 'The Grand Arch' is human, vasilian, mirian, neheb or skoros.

The religion of the Conclave is known as 'Dualism' and focuses on two supreme spirits in a constant struggle of chaos and order. More details can be found in the 'Religions of Izloria' section

The Isle of Skoros

The Isle of Skoros is the bubbling, peaceful nation that is the ancestral home of the Skoros. It is one of the few places that remain relatively undisturbed by the constant machinery and noise of the larger nations, much of its natural scenery still preserved.

There is not a national government but rather a scattering of small villages and towns that run themselves independently and trade with one another. Though there have been recent efforts of various business from both the Neheb Empire and the Reman Republic seeking to expand into the tranquil isle.

The Unknowns

As indicated by the name almost nothing is known about the 'Unknowns'. Thus far any expeditions that have taken palce there have led to nothing, never to be seen again.

Though there are rumors of an expedition setting sail to investigate once more.

Aspects

The Aspect is a power that manifests itself in the form of an inanimate object that the user can call upon each having a unique ability tied to the user.

The possibilities of what an Aspect could be and what it can do are essentially endless. But once it manifests itself in a person it does not change, they are locked to that ability and that object.

The Aspect can only be seen by other users with an Aspect. (In most cases, sometimes non-Aspect users can) It is exceedingly rare for an Aspect user to share the details of what their Aspect does. For to do so is to reveal their weakness to be open to attack. Only the owner of an Aspect may summon and us the ability of an Aspect. Other Aspects users can hold and touch the object that is summoned but cannot use its ability. Non-aspect users cannot pick up Aspects unless the ability of the Aspect allows them to.

To summon the Aspect one must speak its name, hence a common policy when Aspect users are arrested is to gag their mouths. The name of the Aspect comes into the mind of the User as an intuition during adolescence.

It is impossible to tell who is an Aspect user unless they summon or use their Aspect or unless someone has an Aspect that allows them to detect other Aspect Users.

Religions of Izloria

Dualism

The state religion of the Conclave, Dualism focuses on the struggle of two supreme gods that reflect the conflict within each person. They can be thought of as 'Order' and 'Chaos' though one such note it should not be compared to 'Good' and 'Evil' and many would take offense to this. The god of Order is called 'Seira' and the god of Chaos is called 'Kako'. Depictions of either of these deities is strictly forbidden and against doctrine although symbols representing these beings are acceptable and common practice. A feather is often associated with Seira and a horn or claw is associated with Kako.

A piece of the two beings are often said to live within the soul of every being and wrestling and understand these two beings, these two pulling forces is the spiritual journey that Dualists hope to achieve and work on throughout their lives.

Luxism

Unlike Dualism which is wide, open, and accepting of all races and peoples Luxism is exclusively for Skoros. Though this is not born out of any disdain just a result of the nature of the religion. The god 'Lux' is said to have created the Skoros and those that follow this path do not proclaim other religions to be false, just different avenues to the same goal. Luxism's core belief is that what will be will be, a constant statement that fate cannot be changed and one must learn to live within one's reality and standing. That to accept one's fate is to accept reality and be at fate.

The Horned God

A mostly defunct religion that a few Vasilians still worship that provides an explanation as to how they came to be. As it is so uncommon its practices and beliefs are relatively unknown other than it relates to Vasilians. It is also not an organized faith like Dualism, Luxism and Triarcism

Triarcism

Triarcism is the largest and most widespread religion within Izloria. Focusing on the belief of a singular Supreme Creator on which all things flow Triarcism teaches three-part being of the person focusing on lessons for the Mind, Body, and Soul of an individual and how those relate to each other. The Supreme Creator of Triarcism does not have a name and is simply referred to as 'God'. The Aspect is a particularly important part of Triarcism and is seen as a blessing from God unto those fortunate enough to be bestowed on them. It is also from Triarcism that the phrase 'The Aspect is the manifestation of the Soul' comes from and is one of their core beliefs.

While the Reman Republic has no official state religion Triarcism is by far the most common religion and in many respects by default the unofficial state religion of the Reman Republic. Though the degree on which those that practice the religion varies greatly.

Important Organizations

The Reman Senate

A body of two hundred and fifty Senators each elected by a different province in the Reman Republic. Together they form the ruling body of the Reman Republic and are, technically, the ruling authority of it all. This is not untrue but the Senate is filled with much corruption from not only the criminal organization known as 'The Eye' but also from large business that are more interested in the manufacture of their goods and selling of them than in the good of the people. How each Senator is elected varies from province to province but almost all are a first past the post system. Though it is dubious if many or even any of the Senator elections can be described as 'free, fair and open'.

The Neheb Empire

The Neheb Empire is centered around the Emperor of Neheb, a Neheb of great and unrivaled power surrounded by a team of advisors, generals, and bureaucrats that he appoints as he sees fit. The name of the Emperor is Srasa Unja Ipasra II and as the supreme ruler of the Neheb Empire his authority is absolute.

The Eye

The Eye is a clandestine, criminal organization that many claim are the true rulers of the Reman Republic. Though whether this is true or not is another question altogether. What is true is that many citizens when they have an issue will meet a member of the Eye to resolve their problem rather than the police as there is a greater level of trust toward the Eye resolving the issue than the police of Reme.

Joining the Eye is not a straightforward process and is often understood that you need to know someone already in the organization to vouch for you. What tests and tribulations are done to indoctrinate a member in is unknown to outsiders. It is generally assumed that many members of the organization, particularly those of the upper tiers of leadership have aspects. Even that of the mysterious Leader of the Eye that is rumored that even members do not know their identity.

Races of Izloria

Race Name:
    Human
    [​IMG]
    The most populous race in all of Izloria, though they mainly exist in the Reman Republic and the Conclave, some humans do live in the Neheb Empire but those that do are at best second class subjects. Humans are known for being the most 'ingenious' race and along with the Neheb the primary driver of much of modern technology in Izloria. Only about one in six humans have an aspect compared to all Mirians and all Vasilians having them. Their dominance in the world has come as the result of their adaptability and some would argue their short lifespans which gives them a greater drive to accomplish more in their lifetime. Though this point is debated.

Defining Features: None
    Average Height: Male: 5' 6" Female: 5' 3"
    Life Expectancy: 70 years

Race Name: Mirian

[​IMG]
    Male Mirian

[​IMG]
    Female Mirian

Sometimes referred to as the Elder race, much to the annoyance of many a Vasilian, Mirians are tall, beautiful, and strong. They all have pale skin and long flowing silver hair. They are biologically immortal, that is to say, they do not age physically beyond what a human would call twenty-three or so, and they are incapable of catching disease. They can however be killed, and why they require little food can and will starve if deprived of food for too long.

Due, in part, to their long age and life span, Mirians rarely reproduce, in fact, while it is not uncommon for Mirians to have children, many Mirians do not. This is due in large part to a Mirian's viewing love as an intense and passionate subject, a thing given only to a partner they truly, deeply care for. Mirians do not 'lust' in the same way many humans do, their relationships based far more on romanticism and what they would call 'the entwining of two souls'. Many Mirians fail to recognize that, while not true for all or even many humans, the same relationships do develop between humans. This failure to see this, coupled with their own lustless nature has led Mirians to view humans as 'sexually obsessed' and their short lives making them 'incapable of forming true bonds'. Another result of this 'prudishness' is that very few Mirians still exist and are by far have the lowest population in all of Izloria. Despite this, it would be a mistake to assume Mirians do not feel emotions. They do, far more intensely than humans, but far more infrequently.

Mirians are capable of surviving in extreme cold, their blood and circulation greatly different to humans, and as a result are 'cold blooded'. Mirians have superhuman reflexes and are very agile being typically the 'fastest' race on average and are physically more durable than humans. All Mirians have Aspects.

They exist mainly in the Reman Republic, the Conclave, and the Skoros Isle.

Defining Features: Long flowing silver hair, pale skin, pointed ears
    Average Height: Male: 6' 2" Female: 5' 10"
    Life Expectancy: Immortal but not invulnerable

Race Name: Vasilian

[​IMG]
    Male Vasilian

[​IMG]
    Female Vasilian

Vasilians are often compared as the opposite to Mirians. This while not inaccurate is not the whole story. Vasilians and Mirians have historically been enemies, rarely if ever working together. A deep mistrust running between the two races. While Mirians are very homogenous, with their pale skin and silver hair, Vasilians are far more varied in appearance. There are a few defining features, the main being two horns that protrude from the head. However, the exact location on the head and the size of the horns vary greatly. Some Vasilians do not even have horns, although this is exceptionally rare and many say, that they are a myth or that hornless Vasilians died out long ago. It is said that the most powerful ruler of the Vasilian Kingdoms is a Vasilian with six eyes and no horns.

Vasilians are essentially fireproof and have even been now to bathe in waters heated directly by lava. (Bathing in lave itself while possible for a Vasilian is extremely impractical) Their bodies are more durable than humans and even more so than Mirians. Their horns however are very sensitive and for them to be sliced causes immense, paralyzing pain. Like Mirians all Vasilians have Aspects.

Vasilians exist mainly in the Vasilian Kingdoms and the Reman Republic.

Defining Features: Horns on head, very few hornless Vasilians exist, snake-like eyes
    Average Height: Male: 5' 11" Female: 5' 7"
    Life Expectancy: 1000 years but are able to maintain an appearance of youth throughout their lives

Race Name: Skoros

[​IMG]
    Male Skoros

[​IMG]
    Female Skoros

An extremely peaceful race the Skoros are known for their tranquil almost passive demeanor. They seem, on average, to have little interest in interacting with other races and the larger nations though some do live elsewhere other than the Isle of Skoros. Those that do live and are born outside the Isle of Skoros feel a compulsion, a need to visit the Isle at least once in their lifetime. This pilgrimage is sacred to the Skoros that is tied greatly to their worship of the god Lux.

Not all Skoros have Aspects but many do. The only race that the Skoros are not relatively neutral towards is the Neheb. Though this is out of a quiet fear due to reputation the Neheb Empire has earnt for itself and the distant but still remembered memory of the extermination of the Orcs by the Neheb.

Defining Features:
    Moth-like appearance. All have wings and can fly
    Average Height: Male: 5' 3" Female: 4' 11"
    Life Expectancy: 575 years
    Race Name: Neheb

[​IMG]
    Male Neheb

[​IMG]
    Female Neheb

To find a Neheb that is not at least cunning is to not find water in the ocean. The Neheb are often seen as ruthless and brutal willing to do whatever it takes to further their own personal goals. This while not completely fair has elements of truth to it. The Neheb Empire is a brutal regime with much blood on its hands but many Neheb have fled to the Reman Republic to escape such a system and are often viewed with much scorn and disdain.

The Neheb are also cold-blooded, and rarely if ever feel flecks of emotion. As a result, they are often cold, and calculating and have often been compared to the vicious machinery the Neheb Empire has created in recent memory.

Defining Features: Snake-like appearance. Some have two legs, some have a tail.
    Average Height: Male: 5' 7" Female: 5' 3"
    Life Expectancy: 120 years​

This little number will go up soon. Those that have been sent this, know that there is more info on the races and a few other minor adjustments. All are free to join and I am accepting Character Sheets... and as always: I love questions so bring them on. :D

EDIT: Been asked this: Tech is roughly equivalent to late nineteenth century/early twentieth. There is for example the radio as a tech, a relatively new piece of technology in this world. I shall add a section on this in due time but that should be enough to give you a frame of reference.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2021
  23. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    (Okay so here's a first draft. Special thanks to @CosmoHender.)​

Generations have passed in a galaxy far, far away...

War has returned to the galaxy. The Jedi's light has passed into legend, and the last time the stars united under a single banner is a distant memory; worlds once tethered by common cause now stand separately or in clusters, tending to themselves and growing in surprising ways. But that may change.

[​IMG]
    Across the cosmos, separated by lightyears, beings have once more learned to touch and manipulate an energy field known as THE FORCE. Some of those awakened use the energy to dominate others, amass power, and enrich themselves. In their studies and exercises, they have encountered the name of the Jedi's legendary opposite, the SITH, and claimed it for themselves. As their power grows, the new Sith band together to share their knowledge and claim a handful of words as their own.

Even as their grip strengthens, however, the Sith are afraid -- they know well that, when the dark rises, the light rises to meet it. On the distant world of Hy Izlan, MARGRAVE JURO sought to gather the masterless Jedi whose distant awakenings he sensed, and provide them with a powerful weapon the Sith lack: the fabled LIGHTSABERS. A Sith mission of subterfuge failed - while more than half of the Jedi were assassinated before arriving at Hy Izlan, all of the Sith were killed, and not a single lightsaber was retrieved.

[​IMG]

But the Jedi were not wholly victorious. The Margrave's trusted sabersmith LAH ZHIMA has been captured by hunters. As one of the few beings in the galaxy skilled enough with rare kyber crystals to create the weapons the Sith so desperately want, Lah will prove a valuable asset to his captor. Now that many of the most powerful Sith have fallen to the Margrave and his allies, taking power will be much easier.

[​IMG]
    The mission is clear: the Margrave and his new allies - including the budding Jedi LAH KARA - have set off to find the sabersmith, as well as more Jedi to wield their sabers and bring about an end to the war. But as the Jedi and Sith both sift ancient truth from myth, this simple mission risks engulfing the galaxy...

Last edited: Dec 16, 2021
  24. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Tell me more.

darthbernael likes this.
  25. darthbernael

Apr 15, 2019
    Arrrgh, puts on blindfold if more info is shared, running out of time to write for other stories.

greyjedi125 and Sinrebirth like this.