main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Reference Interest Measurement Thread

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Sawn_Kassal, Nov 13, 2009.

1. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Pilgrimage Soundtrack:

This Christmas. . .Take the Journey
    RPF, December 2022

Last edited: Sep 26, 2022
  2. adaml83

adaml83 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 8, 2004
    Your brain left some skid marks...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

darthbernael and Sinrebirth like this.
  3. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    So I’ve got this Nintendo crossover in my head, I may have mentioned it before. The subtitle is The Missing Link. Where Princess Zelda is concerned over the disappearance of her greatest champion after Ganon discovers a way to travel between realms. So she enlists the aid of other popular Nintendo heroes. Writes a letter to Princess Peach inquiring about the availability of everyone’s favorite Italian plumbers. Sends transmissions to Samus Aran and Fox McCloud’s starships. Visits the DK Isles with a gift basket full of bananas and a favor to ask.

But do I call it The Legend of Zelda: The Missing Link? That would obviously be the title if I restricted the story to Hyrule exclusively. But this is a crossover, so it’s got a broader scope than just a Zelda story, though Link is at the center of the conflict. Do I then pivot to Super Smash Bros: The Missing Link? It is the ultimate Nintendo crossover, but this isn’t a fighting game, and there is a narrative.

What to do, what to do…

4. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    The Legend of Zelda: The Mushroom Link. Its s play on words, Link is in it and the link to Mushroom Kingdom to Hyrule.

5. The Jedi in the Pumas

The Jedi in the Pumas Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2018
    Here's the early teaser of an idea that's been eating at me for a few months. My activity and RPing has gone down as I'm finishing my Master's program and with my time constraints, and overall history of GMing, this project is a bit different than my other projects. Any thoughts would be much appreciated, RPF!

--------
    Cairo, Egypt
    11 days since the appearance of The Global Threat Designated: CONQUEST
    0 days before the the arrival of Global Threat Designated: WAR

[​IMG]
    Sergeant First Class Patterson, Antony is nervous.

In the last two weeks, his entire world had been turned upside down. The world had been turned upside down. If you had asked him what an Articulate was a week ago, he wouldn't know what the hell you were talking about. Now...Well, if he was honest, even now, he was unsure what exactly they were. He was not the smartest man and talks of spirits and ancient beings...it seemed like the stuff of a comic book or an anime.

Unfortunately for him and the world, this was real.

From what he'd ascertained from the briefings leading up to this convoy, Articulates were beings that could weaponize their spirit. This would normally be the moment in the comic book where he expected a breakdown of their powers or for some evil warlord to capture them. He'd received none of that and the powers didn't seem like powers at all. Articulates, from what he'd gathered, and their spiritual energy seemed more like nuclear bombs or natural disasters. It made sense then that the U.S government had kept them asleep and confined since birth.

It was the arrival of the CONQUEST anomaly that had set this all off.

[​IMG]

A woman who'd appeared out of thin air in Russia. She'd taken down the Russian oligarchy and declared an end to global conflict. Which seemed like pretty politician words, until every militant engaged in active conflict around the world immediately died, including multiple heads of states and government officials.

The peace would've been welcomed, Patterson thought, if it was explainable. Instead the world was at an uneasy standstill and then he'd been given orders to transport the U.S government's Articulates covertly to New York. They'd just assumed that was what CONQUEST was after. SFC Patterson had a feeling they were right...

Later that day the convoy was attacked by a Red-painted fighter jet of unknown make or model. It responded to no callsigns or messages and was flown by no pilot. Unaffiliated with any government, the Red fighter jet destroyed the convoy and most of Cairo. It marked the first appearance of the Global Threat Designated: WAR
    -------
    Coming to the RPF 2023

Last edited: Oct 9, 2022
  6. Shadowsun

Shadowsun Force Ghost star 4

Jun 26, 2017
    Seems really cool man, my immediate first thought went to Deathnote, consider me intrigued!

The Jedi in the Pumas likes this.
  7. The Jedi in the Pumas

Jun 23, 2018
    Thanks mate!

I’ve missed stories set in the present day and the idea for the articulates came from a character I had an idea for in Grey’s Xavier’s game about 7-8 years ago: a mutant with the power to split from his spirit.

Articulates are people or animals that can separate their spirit energy from their bodies to, mainly, disastrous effects. To give a sense of the weirdness I have so far: there’s an Articulate whose spirit manifests as an advanced malevolent A.I she can’t control and one whose spirit manifests as the inability for people to communicate around him, including himself.

8. Shadowsun

Shadowsun Force Ghost star 4

Jun 26, 2017
    Oh... wow.

I love it. That short little explanation is resulting in a roil of ideas in my little brain. Nods, nods. I look forward to seeing more.

Kato Sai likes this.
  9. CosmoHender

CosmoHender Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2016
    I am once again thinking of running a roleplay set in an AU based on the earlier drafts for A New Hope like "The Star Wars" and "Adventures of the Starkiller". The question is if anyone would be interested in such a scenario.

10. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    It's been a long time since I've been in a 'Real World' game, I have the perfect character to bring to this when/if you start it up.

11. The Jedi in the Pumas

Jun 23, 2018
    So… update on my game for those interested.

Today I will be opening up a resource/information thread. The main game will still be launched next year, but after further planning I will be releasing a prologue series of very short, likely only a week long (one for sure is only going to be a week long) games this year.

The first will be centered around the sole day in Cairo. The game will run for 7 days. For those interested, feel free to PM me or just like this post. This is not a set in stone “Yes pumas I will play.” Pledge, merely a show of interest so I know who to keep informed.

Thanks everyone!

12. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    Sacrifice

A No More Jedi story​

The Maw, the famed birthplace of many terrors, was captured by self described 'Freedom Fighters'. They said they had possession of a Superweapon, and had pointed it towards Coruscant. The use of such weapons was banned by the Chandrila Conference, but when had Rebel groups cared about Galactic Law. There was no time to lose, the 1st Republic Rapid Response Team was dispatched. After some reconnaissance the decision was made to send in Special Tactics Squad 3, a Force Sensitive unit lovingly called 'The Hellwalkers'. They represented the best of the Force Sensitive Corps, a dozen of the strongest servicemembers to come out of the Academy.

None of them returned home.

They were told they were part of Operation Speartip.

Behind closed doors it was called something else: Operation Burnt Offering.

This is that story. A story of Sacrifice.

(Coming After the conclusion of Hourglass)

13. CosmoHender

Dec 2, 2016
    Here's another roleplay idea: one based on the Infinities comic where the Rebel Alliance failed to destroy the Death Star.

14. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2022
  15. CosmoHender

Dec 2, 2016
    ...Christmas Carol, you say! I would definitely be interested in that.

16. Tia

Tia Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 11, 2022
    can I be Sith ghost of Christmas future?

won't have to say anything then :p

TAG: Dandelo/Tia

me: (ohh right) IC *points left*

:p

17. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Why not play Tiny Tia?

18. Tia

Tia Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 11, 2022
    alright...this is an awesome post! [face_rofl] love it!

19. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Could I be the Ghost of Christmas Future?
    [​IMG]

20. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    The Ghosts aren’t up for grabs. :)

Kato Sai and darthbernael like this.
  21. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    K. Well thanks anyway. :)

Lady_Belligerent likes this.
  22. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    There’s a big cast, I’m sure we can find you a fun character.

23. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Hmmm.. have no idea who’d I be lol Scrooge is really the only one I connect with. And that’s a big role, the role in fact.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2022
  24. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    @Kato Sai there’s actually a fairly large cast list. :)

Adalia-Durron likes this.
  25. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    Kato is protective to Tia, he could be Bob Cratchit :p

Lady_Belligerent likes this.