main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Reference Interest Measurement Thread

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Sawn_Kassal, Nov 13, 2009.

1. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    Lol I do feel my pay isn’t good, and well having Tia at my side.. :p

2. CosmoHender

CosmoHender Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2016
    Aw, I was kinda hoping to be Bob Cratchit...

Kato Sai likes this.
  3. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    If you want the role, go for it. :)

I could just be a bum looking to get Scrooge’s stuff in act three. :p

4. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Why does Ms Piggy appeal to me?...........

[​IMG]

Mitth_Fisto and darthbernael like this.
  5. darthbernael

darthbernael EU Community Mod, Fuego, Pyrofuego! star 5 Staff Member Manager

Apr 15, 2019
    Hmmm, trying to decide which pc would be the best fit in the holiday game. For some reason Renn keeps coming to mind but not sure what role he could possibly play...

Adalia-Durron and greyjedi125 like this.
  6. CosmoHender

Dec 2, 2016
    While watching Andor, I'm kinda left wishing there was a game in the RPF set in that time period, showing what else was happening in the galaxy five years before the Battle of Yavin, while the events of Andor and Rebels were happening.

7. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    [​IMG]

:p

8. CosmoHender

Dec 2, 2016
    So I have been toying with the idea of a game based on the earlier versions of A New Hope. One of these earlier versions, "The Adventures of the Starkiller", actually does go into detail about the backstory that Lucas had created for that universe, including his earliest ideas for what would eventually become the story of the prequels. Let me know if anyone would be interested in playing a game with this premise.

The Star Wars

[​IMG]

In another time, long before the Empire, and before the Republic had been formed, a holy man called the Skywalker became aware of a powerful energy field which he believed influenced the destiny of all living creatures. After much study, he was able to know the Force of Others, and it communicated with him. He came to see things in a new way. His “aura” and powers grew very strong. The Skywalker brought a new life to the people of his system, and became one of the founders of the Republic Galactica.

The Force of Others has two halves: Ashla, the good, and Bogan, the paraforce or evil part. Fortunately, Skywalker came to know the good half and was able to resist the paraforce; but he realized that if he taught others the way of the Ashla, some, with less strength, might come to know Bogan, the dark side, and bring unthinkable suffering to the Universe. For this reason, the Skywalker entrusted the secret of the Force only to his twelve children, and they in turn passed on the knowledge only to their children, who became known as the Jedi Bendu of the Ashla: “the servants of the Force”. For thousands of years, they brought peace and justice to the galaxy. At one time, before the tragic Holy Rebellion, there were several hundred Jedi families, but now these legendary warriors are all but extinct.

As the Republic spread throughout the galaxy, encompassing over a million worlds, the Great Senate grew to such overwhelming proportions that it no longer responded to the needs of its citizens. After a series of assassinations and elaborately rigged elections, the Great Senate became secretly controlled by ruthless trader barons driven by greed and the lust for power. When the Jedi discovered the conspiracy and attempted to purge the Senate, they were denounced as traitors. Several Jedi allowed themselves to be tried and executed, but most of them fled into the Outland systems and tried to tell people of the conspiracy. But the elders chose to remain behind, and the Great Senate diverted them by creating civil disorder. The Senate secretly instigated race wars, and aided anti-government terrorists. They slowed down the system of justice, which caused the crime rate to rise to the point where a totally controlled and oppressive police state was welcomed by the systems. The Galactic Empire was born. The systems were exploited by a new economic policy which raised the cost of power and transport to unbelievable heights. Many worlds were destroyed this way. Many people starved.

The Force of Others was unable to help the Jedi Bendu make things right because a terrible thing had happened. During one of his lessons a young Padawan-Jedi, a boy named Darklighter, came to know the evil half of the Force, and fell victim to the spell of the dreaded Bogan. He ran away from his instructor and taught the evil ways of the Bogan Force to a clan of Sith pirates, who then spread untold misery throughout the systems. They became the personal bodyguards of the Emperor. The Jedi were hunted down by these deadly Sith Knights. With every Jedi death, contact with the Ashla grows weaker, and the Bogan grows more powerful.

The remaining Jedi are hidden; but many are still fighting to free the systems from the grip of the Empire. It is now a period of civil wars in the galaxy. The Empire has begun to crumble into lawless barbarism. From the celestial equator to the farthest reaches of the Great Rift, seventy small solar systems have united in common war against the tyranny of the Empire. Under the command of a mighty Jedi warrior known as the Starkiller, the Rebel Alliance has won a crushing victory over the deadly Imperial Starfleet. The Emperor knows that one more such defeat will bring a thousand more solar systems into the rebellion, and Imperial control of the Outland systems could be lost forever…

9. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    @CosmoHender

So, when is the book coming out? This would make a fantastic Star Wars Novel. =D=

Sinrebirth likes this.
  10. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    A Clue RPG would be cool. GM gives the players their three cards. One of them is the murderer. @Imperial_Hammer could play a great Professor Plum.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2022
    Mitth_Fisto and Kato Sai like this.
  11. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    It could be on going like teh mole game, where you have to be quick and get on the sign up sheet to play.

12. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    @CosmoHender ooooooooooooh.

That was an artfully written hook.

I like this.

CosmoHender and greyjedi125 like this.
  13. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    [face_rofl][face_rofl][face_rofl]

greyjedi125 likes this.
  14. Jar-Jar Binks

Jar-Jar Binks SWC Late Show With JJB Host star 8 VIP - Game Host

Nov 17, 2016
    Is this an accounting thread?

Adalia-Durron likes this.
  15. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    As the wife of A CPA (Certified Practicing Accountant) I am incline to say.......no. :p

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  16. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    Hello everyone,

I am pleased to announce that Star Wars: Black Sheep will be resurrected under a new thread. A lot of the old returning cast are coming back but I am putting out feelers if anyone would care to join the new game. For anyone not in the know Black Sheep was created by Bardan_Jusik in October 2017. We had a pretty good run there for four years before DRL reared its ugly head. I have volunteered to step into the GM role to keep the game alive and wanted to thank everyone for their support and encouragement.

What is Star Wars: Black Sheep?

A Star Wars flight simulation, mostly.

A misfit group of pilots who fly A-Wings, B-Wings, X-Wings and Y-Wings in various missions both in the air and on the ground against the Empire in the Outer Rim. We're a close knit unit but have historically taken heavy casualties each mission and regularly need to replenish our ranks. The game was originally conceived as something akin to an earlier version of Wraith Squadron, without the power players like Wedge, Hobbie, etc. The timeline for the original game started at the Battle of Hoth and extended some time thereafter. The sequel game is a continuation of that idea and general timeframe.

Barring any unforeseen issues I intend to have the game thread up and running, if not later today, in a day or two with a launch date to be determined. We use the Watering Hole thread as OOC in the Roleplaying Resource Forum and we also have a library thread known as the Shearing Shed where a lot of our information, including past pilots, are stored for general information. This is not required if you are new to the game but might be a good place to gather more info as to what we are all about.

Thanks and hope to see you around.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2022
  17. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    I am playing with the idea to do daily update, non-Star-Wars futuristic game in December. Wondering if this is still the place where people come to play such games … MOSAIC would be based on the most obscure franchise nobody has ever heard about and would be about a Hacker organization, those who hunt it, those who use it and the dark secrets it might hide … even from it’s own members.

18. T4M1-7

T4M1-7 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 30, 2022
    Please count me as interested!

darthbernael likes this.
  19. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
  20. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    [:D]Grey! You still around? So I decided to do it the old fashioned way … because I might be one of the old men nowadays. So I just started to write up an OP!

21. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    I saw Violent Night the other day, and it just reconfirmed my notion that an RPG about Santa Claus and other holiday heroes would be fun. There’s an animated movie called Rise of the Guardians that seems to be in line with what I imagine, though I’ve only seen the trailers, unfortunately. It’s on my watchlist. But yeah, Santa Claus, Easter Bunny, Tooth Fairy, etc. There’s a menace out there seeking to destroy the spirit of the holidays and ruin the imaginations of children everywhere. That kinda thing.

22. Beskar_Whistle

Beskar_Whistle Jedi Youngling

Oct 25, 2022
    If this happens, dibs on St. Patrick's Day [face_good_luck]! Aye, knockin' da lad causing trouble over the head with my shillelagh, I'll be! No one messes with March 17th! [face_laugh]

Mitth_Fisto and Reynar_Tedros like this.
  23. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Anyone else watch the Wednesday series? Or interested in a game set within that series?

24. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    I’m a huge Addams fan! Wednesday is amazing. [face_love]

25. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    I am beginning to think that Lady B and I were separated at birth... [face_dunno] Carolyn Jones as Morticia was always an idol of mine. But then, look at my avatar!

Last edited: Jan 7, 2023